Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Roxy withdrawal not as bad as advertised?
    Td01241 is offline New Member

Default Roxy withdrawal not as bad as advertised?

Hey all! I'm new here and this is my first post if it's not on the correct forum please move. So for the past year or so I have been taking Roxys daily after about 6 months of taking about 200mgs of tramadol and 20mgs of hydrocodone daily. The Roxys started around 1 30mg pill a day up to about 3 30s a day recently. Now I realize that this is not an extremely bad opiate habit or anything but everywhere I've read online that had people with similar habits they described their withdrawals as pretty bad. So yesterday I ran out of pills and since I need more money for reasons coming up I decided not to buy anymore for the time being as they are expensive in my area. Now to the purpose of the post haha, I felt okay the morning of the first day, nothing terrible by any means but I figured they'd be coming so I was fronted some Dilaudid 8s to help ease it as they are much cheaper and I had a way to get them for free for the time being. Well I insulated 1 8mg pill in the morning and felt completely normal the rest of the day. Like I couldn't even tell I stopped taking Oxy, that night I insulated half of an 8 and slept like a baby. This morning I did the same but instead of a whole 8 I just did another half, and again felt fine the entire day. My questions is why do I seem to not be having any withdrawals of any kind? That little bit of Dilaudid shouldn't completely ease my symptoms all day should? I was use to dosing Oxy in 15 mg increments 5-6 times a day. Am I just lucky? The only thing I can think of is about a month ago my supplier was down for 3 days and I had to quit cold turkey then too. It sucked kinda bad, worse than this has, but it wasn't terrible. Just a little salivation, restless leg, and diareah. No depression or any of the worst described symptoms. Immediately after that I returned to the equal daily habit. Could that withdrawal have somehow made this one not bad? I'm just really confused because I expected worse. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply if you too!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hello, I'm no expert by any means but seems to me that the dilaudid would certainly hold off the withdrawals from the oxy! In addition you said that the oxy isn't a extremely bad opiate habit? Think about this, you started with 30mg a day and now you are up to 90mg a day! As you become more tolerant your dosage will increase and that habit will become much worse! Best of luck to you and God bless!
    Randy35 likes this.

Td01241 is offline New Member

Hey, thanks for replying! This is the third day without roxy and I feel perfectly fine. I didn't take any Dilaudids today either. I dunno maybe I'm just lucky. Weird.

LaGlo727 is offline Member

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I was doing roxys heavily for about 8 months... About 200mg a day at its peak. I tried to quit cold turkey and within 12 hours I was super sick. Awful stomach cramps, puking, diarrhea, and out of control drug cravings. I ended up going out and getting pills asap because I couldn't handle it.
    That's just my withdrawal experience as it relates to roxy addiction.