Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By stuckleyr
  • 1 Post By Catrina
scared I'll relapse
    onebigmess is offline New Member

Default scared I'll relapse

I stopped cold turkey after 2 1/2 years of taking 50 mg & up of hydrocodone, Percocet. I've managed to go through hell and detox. I'm scared that I'll relapse. I've hide my addiction this long, but scared I may give in to temptation... Any help??

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebigmess View Post
    I stopped cold turkey after 2 1/2 years of taking 50 mg & up of hydrocodone, Percocet. I've managed to go through hell and detox. I'm scared that I'll relapse. I've hide my addiction this long, but scared I may give in to temptation... Any help??
    I would suggest you check out support group meetings of either NA or AA to get the most help at this point. Nothing better than to have face to face contact with other addicts that understand what your feeling, and how to best overcome it. Getting clean really is the easy part to this. Remaining clean is what takes the real work. Those meetings will help you establish a foundation to learn and grow on. You'll eventually get a sponsor that you can contact day or night should a problem arise.

Congratulations on stopping. Take the next step and try a meeting in your area. It's scary at first, but I learned to love going, and the friendships I've established with other clean addicts is priceless. You'll be glad you did. We need all the help we can get to fight this monster. Meetings are the one thing that heelp the most in my opinion. Congrats again!

stuckleyr is offline Member

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm the one to talk to as I am into the 5th day of WD from 65mg oxy and 50 fentynal patch. All prescribed due to my illness. But I know it wase that craved and wanted the >>>>. But stay clean man. After going through this WD, I will never take that garbage again. Advil for me. This is terrible, no sleep, chills, swear, diarrea, vomit, dizzy, etc. Don't do it. I also feel so freeking bad cause my kids see me like this, drugs are not worth it. Peace

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

How long have you been clean?

Check out this forum really good. There are some very knowledgeable people with tons of solid advice for kicking your addiction forever.

Nice job, by the way.....hope you are feeling better everyday.

Ihatewd is offline New Member

I am scared not about relapse but weather I will ever feel normal. I've been junkie for so many years but functioning to a level of hiding it. I know some people knew but never called me out on it. I'm 6 days clean and really trying. I can do it but really I don't want to.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi,

CAUTION...CAUTION!! You know you can do it but you just don't want to. Get rid of those thoughts first and foremost!!!

Addiction is a very lonely disease. We are secretive and nothing scares an addict as much as thinking their secret is no longer a secret. That whole concept feeds our addiction and often (wayyyy to often) result in a relapse. Let someone, others even, into your world and your recovery. Not only is it less lonely but we are forced to begin to be accountable. That, my friend, is a wonderful thing.

Peace,

Cat
    silverlining1 likes this.