Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Smilingstorm
Short term suboxone user/codeine taper
    Mumof6 is offline New Member

Default Short term suboxone user/codeine taper

I've been on 4mg subs for 3 months. I've just switched back to codeine to do a shortish taper ( 90mg of codeine a tiny amount, considering I was on about 700mg when I inducted to subs)
    Anyway I've felt pretty rat>>>> for the last week I've been on the 90mg, but out of full blown withdrawal. But I have a trip to Brisbane in a week and I don't want to be half dead 80% of the time I'm there.
    ( plus I drop from 90mg to 60mg on friday)
    I personally think im on such low doses I might as well jump off, feel like >>>> for a week and then ok on Monday, but I've heard being on subs ( only a week ago)can make the withdrawal longer
    What would everyone else do
    Normally CT to me would be a no brainer, but I'm a single mum of 6 kids and I can't afford to just be written off for a week, kids to take places, dinner to cook, worlds most rabid 2 yr old to chase

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof6 View Post
    I've been on 4mg subs for 3 months. I've just switched back to codeine to do a shortish taper ( 90mg of codeine a tiny amount, considering I was on about 700mg when I inducted to subs)
    Anyway I've felt pretty rat>>>> for the last week I've been on the 90mg, but out of full blown withdrawal. But I have a trip to Brisbane in a week and I don't want to be half dead 80% of the time I'm there.
    ( plus I drop from 90mg to 60mg on friday)
    I personally think im on such low doses I might as well jump off, feel like >>>> for a week and then ok on Monday, but I've heard being on subs ( only a week ago)can make the withdrawal longer
    What would everyone else do
    Normally CT to me would be a no brainer, but I'm a single mum of 6 kids and I can't afford to just be written off for a week, kids to take places, dinner to cook, worlds most rabid 2 yr old to chase
    Why did you think or who told you that you should/could taper off of 4mg/day of subs with codeine and a "shortish taper" at that? You should be tapering the sub with the sub!

I'm leaving where I live atm, for rural qld, and couldn't find a new provider. And my current one barely knows anything about me other than the fact he hates all his patients. So he shrugged his shoulders and said he'd continue to write my script until I left or too bad. If I'm going to do this move I need to be clean or I'd be withdrawing while driving 1800km with 6 kids and setting up house
    And I have none hoarded because I do daily pick up ( only been on 3 months)
    So I went back to my old Gp who knows my history and we figured switching back to dr prescribed codeine and doing a taper was the best plan. But now my dr is away, I fly down for peliminary move stuff in 7 days and I can't see much choice between staying on my dr prescribed 90mg of codeine a day and feeling awful 80% of the time, or jumping off and hoping I feel better on Monday
    Nothing is an ideal solution but I can't see any other option atm. I'd be happy to stay on subs but the house I'm moving to is very rural and even if I found a provider within hours I'd be doing intake with a new service while having sub withdrawal and moving 6 kids
    I physically need to be well
    So I'm jumping from a week ago on 4mg of subs, ( could take 2 comfortably) to 90mg of codeine the last week ( not comfortably) to CT in the hopes I'll be well by Monday
    I know I'm in for a whole room full of hurt, but do you think there's any chance I'll be OK by Monday?

( my current subs dr wouldn't write me enough subs to give me enough leeway to find another provider) he's not the nicest easiest to chat to guy and I have no idea why other than "cause"
    That would be my ideal situation
    I've always been compliant, had clean urine screens, I don't even drink or smoke. Injury, bad divorce, self medicating gone too far Yada Yada

I'm leaving where I live atm, for rural qld, and couldn't find a new provider. And my current one barely knows anything about me other than the fact he hates all his patients. So he shrugged his shoulders and said he'd continue to write my script until I left or too bad. If I'm going to do this move I need to be clean or I'd be withdrawing while driving 1800km with 6 kids and setting up house
    And I have none hoarded because I do daily pick up ( only been on 3 months)
    So I went back to my old Gp who knows my history and we figured switching back to dr prescribed codeine and doing a taper was the best plan. But now my dr is away, I fly down for peliminary move stuff in 7 days and I can't see much choice between staying on my dr prescribed 90mg of codeine a day and feeling awful 80% of the time, or jumping off and hoping I feel better on Monday
    Nothing is an ideal solution but I can't see any other option atm. I'd be happy to stay on subs but the house I'm moving to is very rural and even if I found a provider within hours I'd be doing intake with a new service while having sub withdrawal and moving 6 kids
    I physically need to be well
    So I'm jumping from a week ago on 4mg of subs, ( could take 2 comfortably) to 90mg of codeine the last week ( not comfortably) to CT in the hopes I'll be well by Monday
    I know I'm in for a whole room full of hurt, but do you think there's any chance I'll be OK by Monday?
    Mum - wow, that is a lot going on at once and at the worst time for your situation! I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. 4mg/day of sub is a lot to jump off from and since you have been taking it for 3 months and because the half-life of sub is so long you have a ton of sub built up in your system! I'm surprised if you are getting any relief at all from the codeine? I'm not an expert by any means and I don't mean to scare you at all but I just don't see you feeling well at all anytime soon on your current plan, I really hope I'm wrong for your sake? Have you read the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal? There are some items in the recipe that can help ease the withdrawal symptoms, avoid the benzos unless you are already prescribed them? Here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Keep checking and updating your thread here, there will be others that will stop by to give you advice and support? Just be patient for the others to respond, it is pretty slow in the forums on the weekends! I'm gonna send a link for your thread to a few of the more experienced members here so they can stop by to advise you? With all the knowledge and experience of the great people here in the forums I'm hopeful we can find some sort of solution to help you through all this? Hang in there and remember to keep checking back for replies from some of the other members? I'm wishing you all the best! Take care... God bless us all!

Surprisingly I'm getting just enough relief from the codeine. But just enough to shuffle around sweating and doing my mum jobs but not enough to be functional for going away or a move if you get what I mean. I'd happily tough out the taper plan but I need to be well enough in a week that i can organise the house and suchlike for the 7 days I'm away, then get back, pack up a large 5 bedroom house and the millions of toys and related accumulated stuff and then drive the 1800km to the new house, unpack etc . It was obviously unplanned or I probably would have hoarded codeine and used that before trying to find a new subs dr ( tricky as they need certain training.
    I've kicked twice unsuccessfully( in the long run, got through the worst just to cave) in the same circumstances re kids etc off quite large amounts of codeine but I'm a lot more uneasy having read all the literature ( and lurked on this forum for ages) about sub half life etc
    I have a severely disabled 12 yr old and 5 other quite young children so I'm very very uneasy about being so unwell I can't function and I have no family support ( and my ex husband refuses to help, another reason for the move)
    But I hope, fingers and toes crossed, that it would be worth it if I could be at least functional by next Sunday/Monday.
    I've stocked up on frozen meals for the kids, Gatorade, lope and bananas. I have a tiny amount of lyrica but not enough for it to help much.
    Am I being optimistic at being well in a week. I figure it's worth a shot, if not I can always pick up the taper where I left off and feel moderately unwell ( with perhaps my tolerance somewhat lowered by however many days I make it without codeine
    The only other option I can think of is hoard codeine while feeling like >>>> and double dosing while I'm away, but that then puts me in >>>> creek once I'm back, having upped my tolerance and still needing to wean down and get the monkey off my back asap
    Ugh the worst thing about addiction, the stage when you need it just to feel well but not being able to go cold turkey because of lifestyle issues ( I believe I could do it for sure if I was child free for a few days, what always gets me caving is the need to clean up, bath kids, make dinners, pick up kids from school, which btw is the most awful thing in existence if you're day 3 of kicking opiates)
    Has anyone else jumped off subs from that dose and been OK after a week. Is it going to be as bad as H style withdrawal, movie style ? I've only every gone off 600/700mg of codeine before
    Can you tell I'm nervous lol
    It doesn't help I have anxiety and always feel worse in a dirty house. Day 3 of withdrawal, up to my eyeballs in kids >>>> and dishes, no worse feeling

Surprisingly I'm getting just enough relief from the codeine. But just enough to shuffle around sweating and doing my mum jobs but not enough to be functional for going away or a move if you get what I mean. I'd happily tough out the taper plan but I need to be well enough in a week that i can organise the house and suchlike for the 7 days I'm away, then get back, pack up a large 5 bedroom house and the millions of toys and related accumulated stuff and then drive the 1800km to the new house, unpack etc . It was obviously unplanned or I probably would have hoarded codeine and used that before trying to find a new subs dr ( tricky as they need certain training.
    I've kicked twice unsuccessfully( in the long run, got through the worst just to cave) in the same circumstances re kids etc off quite large amounts of codeine but I'm a lot more uneasy having read all the literature ( and lurked on this forum for ages) about sub half life etc
    I have a severely disabled 12 yr old and 5 other quite young children so I'm very very uneasy about being so unwell I can't function and I have no family support ( and my ex husband refuses to help, another reason for the move)
    But I hope, fingers and toes crossed, that it would be worth it if I could be at least functional by next Sunday/Monday.
    I've stocked up on frozen meals for the kids, Gatorade, lope and bananas. I have a tiny amount of lyrica but not enough for it to help much.
    Am I being optimistic at being well in a week. I figure it's worth a shot, if not I can always pick up the taper where I left off and feel moderately unwell ( with perhaps my tolerance somewhat lowered by however many days I make it without codeine
    The only other option I can think of is hoard codeine while feeling like >>>> and double dosing while I'm away, but that then puts me in >>>> creek once I'm back, having upped my tolerance and still needing to wean down and get the monkey off my back asap
    Ugh the worst thing about addiction, the stage when you need it just to feel well but not being able to go cold turkey because of lifestyle issues ( I believe I could do it for sure if I was child free for a few days, what always gets me caving is the need to clean up, bath kids, make dinners, pick up kids from school, which btw is the most awful thing in existence if you're day 3 of kicking opiates)
    Has anyone else jumped off subs from that dose and been OK after a week. Is it going to be as bad as H style withdrawal, movie style ? I've only every gone off 600/700mg of codeine before
    Can you tell I'm nervous lol
    It doesn't help I have anxiety and always feel worse in a dirty house. Day 3 of withdrawal, up to my eyeballs in kids >>>> and dishes, no worse feeling
    A cold turkey detox from "H" or any other fast acting opiate is way easier to come off than subs! "H" and other fast acting opiates is about a week of flu like symptoms going the cold turkey route. Subs are much stronger than fast acting opiates and subs have that long half-life to deal with as well! Jumping off of 4mg/day of subs is a lot! It's doable and people have done it from even higher doses than that but the withdrawals are awful and last a very long time. I understand the situation you are in and you are very limited as to what you can do? Ideally you would taper the subs if you had the subs to do it with. The taper plan that is used by most people here is 25% reductions every 4-5 days! No need to talk about the sub taper because it's not an option for you. Like I said, there will be some others that will be by your thread later on today to give you their opinions and advice so hang tight until then. Take care...

Ugh I feel sick just thinking about it. I was hoping by having a break for that week from the subs would help mitigate some of the issue with the half life. Perhaps going CT for the week then resuming my taper dosage on the Monday might help. Enough to lower my tolerance and mean the codeine dose is enough to hold me stable enough to be functional
    I've read is it Roberts taper plan? That sounds brilliant I'd love to do it, I wish it was possible
    I'd esp love to hear from any other subs users who have gone cold turkey and find out how long it took for you to feel ok
    Thanks for all the replies Ricky

Ugh I feel sick just thinking about it. I was hoping by having a break for that week from the subs would help mitigate some of the issue with the half life. Perhaps going CT for the week then resuming my taper dosage on the Monday might help. Enough to lower my tolerance and mean the codeine dose is enough to hold me stable enough to be functional
    I've read is it Roberts taper plan? That sounds brilliant I'd love to do it, I wish it was possible
    I'd esp love to hear from any other subs users who have gone cold turkey and find out how long it took for you to feel ok
    Thanks for all the replies Ricky
    Try not to get too worked up over the situation, who knows, you may feel better than expected next week? I've already sent some requests out to some of the smartest members we have here in the forums, they'll be by your thread sometime today, I'm sure!

PS
    I was referring to Robert's Sub Therapy/Taper plan in the last post...

In desperation I've made an appt with my subs dr, I don't expect he'll be much extra help, but it's worth one last shot. Tomorrow morning before I'm too sick. I plan on telling him I tried to taper off by myself with the codeine and Ng GP because he was so unhelpful, but I'm now concerned with how I'll cope and if he could offer any suggestions. And offer up my own suggestion of Roberts taper ( about 15% every 5 days isn't it?

I'm not hoping for much, but I figure I don't lose anything in trying

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there. Ricky asked me to stop by your thread earlier. I made a long reply to you and apparently it has disappeared. I'll check back with you in the morning. You need to make your doc understand that you cannot function this way and need enough Sub to be able to taper off. Beg if necessary. His job is to take care of you, not leave you hanging. This kind of situation with Sub doctors really ticks me off.

Will check back soon. Hang in there.
    Kat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Just checking in....

Did you have your appointment?

Kat

It's in a few hours. Tuesday morning here ( I'm in Australia. I barely slept last night. Not from withdrawal but because I know my sub dr is going to be awful and I'm dreading it

It's in a few hours. Tuesday morning here ( I'm in Australia. I barely slept last night. Not from withdrawal but because I know my sub dr is going to be awful and I'm dreading it
    Good to hear from you. As I mentioned, make him understand that you cannot function and take care of your kids if you don't have enough Sub to taper off. Plead with him if you have to. And tell him you've been researching a Sub forum and have found a taper plan that many people have used. Don't take no for an answer. Be firm.

Let us know what happens.
    Kat

I wish to god he was a pleading sort of dr. I have a great GP, who unfortunately doesn't know much about opiate withdrawal but who is always willing to listen and do his best with any resources available. I've never been terrified of a dr like I have my sub dr and I'm a grown ass woman who has been dealing with Drs all her life. He doesn't even know I have 6 children, let alone my specific family situation. Which I think is pretty crucial, not because I need hand holding and a pat on the back, but because it pertains to so much of my care. I just don't have the ability to do some things that other patients can do ( like drop everything for a urine screen 4pm in the evening with 6 kids home and dinner on
    I've tried telling him and just been cut off and pushed out. I've never ever met a dr who legitimately cares so little about his patients. It's go in, get barked instructions about your latest urine test, pushed out the door. Done. My Gp has told me he has a reputation for not wanting to treat drinkers/smokers/addicts, which I absolutely don't understand considering he's chosen to be one of the few Drs to dispense subs
    Anyway long story short he terrifies me and I suspect because I went back to my old Gp to try and do a wean down, that he'll see that as non compliance just boot me with a bad luck, too bad so sad junkie, but it's worth a shot

I wish to god he was a pleading sort of dr. I have a great GP, who unfortunately doesn't know much about opiate withdrawal but who is always willing to listen and do his best with any resources available. I've never been terrified of a dr like I have my sub dr and I'm a grown ass woman who has been dealing with Drs all her life. He doesn't even know I have 6 children, let alone my specific family situation. Which I think is pretty crucial, not because I need hand holding and a pat on the back, but because it pertains to so much of my care. I just don't have the ability to do some things that other patients can do ( like drop everything for a urine screen 4pm in the evening with 6 kids home and dinner on
    I've tried telling him and just been cut off and pushed out. I've never ever met a dr who legitimately cares so little about his patients. It's go in, get barked instructions about your latest urine test, pushed out the door. Done. My Gp has told me he has a reputation for not wanting to treat drinkers/smokers/addicts, which I absolutely don't understand considering he's chosen to be one of the few Drs to dispense subs
    Anyway long story short he terrifies me and I suspect because I went back to my old Gp to try and do a wean down, that he'll see that as non compliance just boot me with a bad luck, too bad so sad junkie, but it's worth a shot
    I don't know what the heck is going on but another one of my posts disappeared. I posted it about 45 min ago or so. So weird. Anyway, how'd the appt go??

Kat

I'm still recovering, I'm so comfortable with Drs and after 6 kids and an opiate addiction I've learnt to leave my pride at the door, but Jesus I'm scared of this guy . Huge lecture. Lectured on how trying to come off proves I'm unstable and I'm lucky to not be kicked off. You pretty much revert back to primary school. Script back week by week for subs, have to find my own chemist for Brisbane ( I have to fly 1800 for a week in a week to help secure the house I'm moving to) he won't write take aways but he'll write the script. Pretty much used some >>>> analogy about subs being my bike helmet and I'll just relapse if I stop. Will happily wean me down but not off completely because helmet analogy. So by his reasoning I'm stuck on subs forever and is unwilling to find a solution to the move I do in a few weeks
    I think the fact I want to be off shows I'm stable and considering being med free, but what do I know compared to dr Satan. So it could have gone worse but not by much lol
    So I'm back on subs until Friday at least, I see him again then, no doubt to then me lectured for having opiates from my system from the attempted wean down with my Gp)

I fancy myself as other than the subs, as having my life together. I care for a severely disabled child and 5 other kids, my house is clean, we eat our veggies. I'm on the PTA. My friends all know of my addiction and I dont have a circle that even includes recreational drug use. I have lupus and fibro and developed my drug use after leaving a husband who makes dr Satan seem like a warm cuddly guy. I just self medicated for anxiety not wanting to ask for help. My normal GP knows everything and takes my addiction into account with my care, it's not a big dirty secret. I spend more time at the kids soccer practice than I do with anything regarding drugs. But the minute I see dr Satan I just feel like the most shambolic, guilty wreck of a human being on earth. You can't even attempt to explain any of your reasonings for self attempting to wean etc ( move, kids, things that seem logical to me, he just talks over the top of you about instability and no second chances on the program. Ffs I wanted to wean off drugs to move closer for family support, not mainline crack in an alleyway

I'm still recovering, I'm so comfortable with Drs and after 6 kids and an opiate addiction I've learnt to leave my pride at the door, but Jesus I'm scared of this guy . Huge lecture. Lectured on how trying to come off proves I'm unstable and I'm lucky to not be kicked off. You pretty much revert back to primary school. Script back week by week for subs, have to find my own chemist for Brisbane ( I have to fly 1800 for a week in a week to help secure the house I'm moving to) he won't write take aways but he'll write the script. Pretty much used some >>>> analogy about subs being my bike helmet and I'll just relapse if I stop. Will happily wean me down but not off completely because helmet analogy. So by his reasoning I'm stuck on subs forever and is unwilling to find a solution to the move I do in a few weeks
    I think the fact I want to be off shows I'm stable and considering being med free, but what do I know compared to dr Satan. So it could have gone worse but not by much lol
    So I'm back on subs until Friday at least, I see him again then, no doubt to then me lectured for having opiates from my system from the attempted wean down with my Gp)

I fancy myself as other than the subs, as having my life together. I care for a severely disabled child and 5 other kids, my house is clean, we eat our veggies. I'm on the PTA. My friends all know of my addiction and I dont have a circle that even includes recreational drug use. I have lupus and fibro and developed my drug use after leaving a husband who makes dr Satan seem like a warm cuddly guy. I just self medicated for anxiety not wanting to ask for help. My normal GP knows everything and takes my addiction into account with my care, it's not a big dirty secret. I spend more time at the kids soccer practice than I do with anything regarding drugs. But the minute I see dr Satan I just feel like the most shambolic, guilty wreck of a human being on earth. You can't even attempt to explain any of your reasonings for self attempting to wean etc ( move, kids, things that seem logical to me, he just talks over the top of you about instability and no second chances on the program. Ffs I wanted to wean off drugs to move closer for family support, not mainline crack in an alleyway
    What about getting some subs from your GP Doc? If you have the subs we can help you do Robert's sub taper plan! Keep us updated?
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    What about getting some subs from your GP Doc? If you have the subs we can help you do Robert's sub taper plan! Keep us updated?
    I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if her GP doc is licensed to prescribe Sub? Then she could stop dealing with that sorry excuse for a Sub doctor.

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if her GP doc is licensed to prescribe Sub? Then she could stop dealing with that sorry excuse for a Sub doctor.

Kat
    Hopefully?

I wish. God I wish. You have to do a certain training to dispense it and my GP isn't qualified. Or all my problems would be solved
    So I have the subs but I don't have subs if that makes sense. The set up here is like with methadone, you take it in front of your pharmacist daily, no more no less. So I don't get a supply at home i could wean down from, or can I take less as the pharmacist checks your tongue before you go. He has dropped my dose to 2mg but that's it

I wish. God I wish. You have to do a certain training to dispense it and my GP isn't qualified. Or all my problems would be solved
    So I have the subs but I don't have subs if that makes sense. The set up here is like with methadone, you take it in front of your pharmacist daily, no more no less. So I don't get a supply at home i could wean down from, or can I take less as the pharmacist checks your tongue before you go. He has dropped my dose to 2mg but that's it
    I can't believe your Sub doc said that you wanting to taper off "proves you're unstable"!! That makes no sense whatsoever. This guy is a joke. So you're down to 2 mg but have to take it in the office. That's absurd. So is his plan to keep you at 2 mg or will he let you wean off?

Kat

I have no idea. It's hard to understand him. He just sort of barks abuse at you then talks over the top of you. So he said weaning down a lower dose would be fine then launched into all the bad analogies of why I need to stay on for life and how if I didn't I'd just relapse and how contemplating being off proves I'm unstable
    I'm assuming the weaning down that is "ok" is his drop to 2mg and that he'll want me to stay on that indefinitely

And yup everything else spot on. I take whatever dosage I'm on in front of a pharmacist daily, so I don't even get one day where I could take the dose home, skip it and do my own semi wean
    On top of that I'm tested weekly to make sure the subs is in my urine.
    I know other people on the program who get take aways and more freedom but this is protocol for my dr and he's the only one who has room for new patients ( gee I wonder why)
    So I feel like I have no option than staying on 2mg and where I live now, or cold turkey it once I'm back from my trip. It's so frustrating because he has the ability to mean either of those bad choices ( in my opinion) don't have to be taken. And he's impossible to reason with. I think I'm articulate and coming from a reasonable space to explain why I want to do what I want to do, let alone have myself dismissed as unstable just because I would like to wean off suboxone. And no other discussion is allowed. I tried to explain to him about having 6 kids, wanting to tell him I need to move for family support ( try being 100% of the time the sole carer for a child with Down syndrome and 5 others with no help, I'm exhausted) Yada Yada and I didn't even get as far as the 6 kids part before he'd started lecturing me about my instability again and being cut off the program
    And of course because I can function without subs, it's a pretty resounding threat to drop the no subs thing whenever you open your mouth

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

I have no idea. It's hard to understand him. He just sort of barks abuse at you then talks over the top of you. So he said weaning down a lower dose would be fine then launched into all the bad analogies of why I need to stay on for life and how if I didn't I'd just relapse and how contemplating being off proves I'm unstable
    I'm assuming the weaning down that is "ok" is his drop to 2mg and that he'll want me to stay on that indefinitely

And yup everything else spot on. I take whatever dosage I'm on in front of a pharmacist daily, so I don't even get one day where I could take the dose home, skip it and do my own semi wean
    On top of that I'm tested weekly to make sure the subs is in my urine.
    I know other people on the program who get take aways and more freedom but this is protocol for my dr and he's the only one who has room for new patients ( gee I wonder why)
    So I feel like I have no option than staying on 2mg and where I live now, or cold turkey it once I'm back from my trip. It's so frustrating because he has the ability to mean either of those bad choices ( in my opinion) don't have to be taken. And he's impossible to reason with. I think I'm articulate and coming from a reasonable space to explain why I want to do what I want to do, let alone have myself dismissed as unstable just because I would like to wean off suboxone. And no other discussion is allowed. I tried to explain to him about having 6 kids, wanting to tell him I need to move for family support ( try being 100% of the time the sole carer for a child with Down syndrome and 5 others with no help, I'm exhausted) Yada Yada and I didn't even get as far as the 6 kids part before he'd started lecturing me about my instability again and being cut off the program
    And of course because I can function without subs, it's a pretty resounding threat to drop the no subs thing whenever you open your mouth
    Forgive me for coming in without having a grasp on your entire story. Are you court ordered to go to him? Is anyone threatening to take away your kids if you don't go to him or take subs in front of pharmacist?

Perhaps you could figure this out without him. So to speak...
    His mindset is infuriating. There has to be some other way.

Sincerely,
    Stormy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-10-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Nope. I've never had anything to do with the law or even obtained my tablets illegally
    Well I got a speeding ticket but I digress
    He's just the only dr who can dispense suboxone for 500km who is taking new patients. So he was the only dr I could see when I wanted to try subs. I honestly just wish I'd gone CT now
    So nothing to do with the courts, I've never had any involvement with family services. That's just his protocol for how he treats all patients. I could choose not to of course, but then he'd no longer prescribe subs, and there isn't another dr who can

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Checking in on you Mumof6. I was doing some brainstorming. I know, you have a very full plate as a caregiver to your DS child and your other 5. Not trying to add more to your plate. But I was thinking, perhaps there is a rehab in Brisbane that could get you into another sub Doctor. Rehabs have connections and know all the ins and outs. Perhaps start calling around and see what they suggest. There must be someone that can help you outside of the one you see.

Do you have NA there? You could call and ask to speak to a sponsor. I feel you need to almost connect with former drug users in order to find some help you need. They may be able to offer suggestions on a doctor you aren't familiar with or even lead you to a facility that does outpatient.

Just my thoughts! Praying for you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-13-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.