Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By iwillbestrong
  • 2 Post By LaGlo727
SOS Cold Turkey >> SUB/METH Clinic
    iwillbestrong is offline New Member

Question SOS Cold Turkey >> SUB/METH Clinic

Hello everyone,

I am new posting but I have read these threads since 2009. I am 29 years old and battling a Jezzabel of an addiction with Vicodin for 8 1/2 years after many pointless surgeries. I tried to stop cold turkey in 2009 and the w/d kicked my tail. I underestimated this addiction. I was young and dumb and thought I "had control". I have been maxing at about 6 or 7 pills a day 7.5/10 depending on what is available. I made the choice to detox again but with an aide. I have an appointment at the sub/meth clinic. It is for Sub therapy. From what I have read this is the lesser evil compared to Methadone. The battle is, I have no insurance so I am paying out of pocket. Sub is very costly (I wonder why......?). I need advice what to what is the most effective route. Sub or Meth or Self. I want to be done with this!
    Ming23 likes this.

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iwillbestrong View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new posting but I have read these threads since 2009. I am 29 years old and battling a Jezzabel of an addiction with Vicodin for 8 1/2 years after many pointless surgeries. I tried to stop cold turkey in 2009 and the w/d kicked my tail. I underestimated this addiction. I was young and dumb and thought I "had control". I have been maxing at about 6 or 7 pills a day 7.5/10 depending on what is available. I made the choice to detox again but with an aide. I have an appointment at the sub/meth clinic. It is for Sub therapy. From what I have read this is the lesser evil compared to Methadone. The battle is, I have no insurance so I am paying out of pocket. Sub is very costly (I wonder why......?). I need advice what to what is the most effective route. Sub or Meth or Self. I want to be done with this!
    Iwill,

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Lots of wonderful people, information, and support here.

The weekends can be slow on here, so try to be patient...keep posting..and people will jump on and support...

I am at the very end of my Suboxone taper....I am VERY familiar (just like most on here) with opiates, however...

the ONE opiate I never tried/used was Methadone.

I'm sure other will jump on here and give their support and advice....

Have you ever tried to taper your Vicodin? (Not suggesting that you should, as most can not taper from full agonist opiates, I was just curious) How far did you make your Cold Turkey attempt in 2009?

The reason I am asking, is your use is not horribly high and if you can avoid going to Suboxone or Methadone,

it might be easier in the long run for you.

Many people on here have used Roberts method for Suboxone induction and then tapering with great success.

If you chose that route, there is EXCELLENT support here to get you inducted PROPERLY (Dr's try to generally put you on really high doses that are NOT necessary) get you stable and then start the taper.

If you are ready and want to be done...you have come to the right place!

Randy and Bette are two of the best on here for advice for getting started. I'll try to flag them.

Hang in and hang on...help is here!

Forward and Onward Troops!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-06-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iwillbestrong View Post
    Hello everyone,

HEY!
    What did you decide?

LaGlo727 is offline Member

Hi I just saw this or I'd have replied sooner. I can't really comment on what is better, subs or methadone (since I've never done subs, they weren't covered by insurance at my clinic like methadone was) but I feel compelled to warn you about the clinic and the doctors in it. Not sure about your particular clinic, but the two I attended for 4yrs total are run by the state and they are not there to help you be drug free. They want to "stabilize" you on insanely high doses and keep you on it indefinitely. Because, money. I could tell you all the things I've seen and heard over those 4 WASTED years but I doubt I'd have listened had anyone told me before I started. Just want to tell you, be careful, don't get too comfortable, and meet with an actual Doctor (not one employed by the clinic) and discuss your options with him/her.
    Randy35 and Ming23 like this.