Spit or swallow suboxone after dissolved.
    Anonymous Guest

Default Spit or swallow suboxone after dissolved.

I have been on and off suboxone for 10 + years. I get severe headaches and constipation from this medication. I was wondering, well asking opinions, if I waited for the medication to fully dissolve and spit out the salvia and other nasty fillers (about 1 hour) and it does not constipate or leave my head feeling like a railroad spike is nailed in, will it affect the bioavailability or has it already been absorbed in my blood >>>>>>? Seems like it.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have been on and off suboxone for 10 + years. I get severe headaches and constipation from this medication. I was wondering, well asking opinions, if I waited for the medication to fully dissolve and spit out the salvia and other nasty fillers (about 1 hour) and it does not constipate or leave my head feeling like a railroad spike is nailed in, will it affect the bioavailability or has it already been absorbed in my blood >>>>>>? Seems like it.

The sub should be fully dissolved within 20-30 minutes, not one hour! As long as you do not spit or swallow while the medication is dissolving then you have received the dose through your mucous membranes during this time! It is okay to spit out the saliva at this point or swallow it, up to you? I hope this information helps? God bless us all!

I was on subs for a few years, having freq migraines. my doctor suggested I spit out the saliva after 10-15 minutes. What a difference! instead of migraines every other day, I would get it once a month. I think it was the narcan, not the sub. I'm not sure. What I did what put the strip under my tongue. Set a timer for 10 minutes. then use your tongue to "paint" around the saliva on your inner cheeks, then spit. You'll notice a significant different. If you want to wait 15-20 mins that fine too, but I found that 10 did the trick.