Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
Started sub induction and still feeling bad. Plz help
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Good for you. Canceling that is a huge win. The fact that you were able to sleep for 4-5 hours is also a huge win. I went probably 2 weeks and got maybe 1-2 hours a night. RLS and insomnia are a b.i.t.c.h. try a bar of Irish spring in the bed with you at night. I know it sounds rediculous but it really worked for me. Does for some not others but it's worth a try. Hang tough!!! Just keep doing the next right thing. Keep reminding yourself of why you are doing this in the first place. So proud of you for your strength!!! You can do this. It will get better with time I promise. Soon there will be days when you wake up with energy and don't even thing about drugs!!!

Stay strong, we are with you!!!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Good for you. Canceling that is a huge win. The fact that you were able to sleep for 4-5 hours is also a huge win. I went probably 2 weeks and got maybe 1-2 hours a night. RLS and insomnia are a b.i.t.c.h. try a bar of Irish spring in the bed with you at night. I know it sounds rediculous but it really worked for me. Does for some not others but it's worth a try. Hang tough!!! Just keep doing the next right thing. Keep reminding yourself of why you are doing this in the first place. So proud of you for your strength!!! You can do this. It will get better with time I promise. Soon there will be days when you wake up with energy and don't even thing about drugs!!!

Stay strong, we are with you!!!!
    Beef
    Hey beef, honestly I don't know what happened but this morning I woke up and I felt kind a good and then I was lying in bed and waiting for something to happen and I just felt OK and then I got up and fold that laundry that was sitting beside my bed and drove the kids to school and I'm feeling OK. Is that normal? This is day three off 1 mg and I'm feeling Pretty good and energetic and :-) like this is messed up. I'm not complaining though I'll take whatever I can have

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Julz, keep busy as your mind wants the drug it's been used to getting. As you gain more clean time the brain and the body will balance out. Get up get moving... You can do this.. Everything you are feeling and going through is all normal.. keep posting here for you.. Stay Strong for Today..

Hey julz. Just like lvg said everything you're feeling is normal. Everybody road to recovery is different. You are gonna have good days and bad days. Time is the greatest healer. Just keep busy. It really helps. Glad you are having a good day so far. Keep it up, and keep on trucking. You can do this!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

So today is day 4. I had the night sweats last night and got maybe 2 hrs then i would maybe fall asleep then open my eyes, see its dark, then try n sleep again. I feel ok at the moment. Ill take what i can have! Im gonna be ok. At the moment im blasting my fave music in the kitchen and trying to dance LOL
    Also, sage, meditation and laying crystal on my chakras has let me sleep almost every night oh and a positive outlook too. First few days i was telling everyone how bad its gonna get at 72 hrs and how this >>>> is going to really hit soon and i was dying..... then i started saying ‘its going to be a good day!!!!! And i believed it’ and here we go day 4 and im ok. Lower back is super throbby and achy but i have a massage chair that has back heat so it helps. Look, im not saying that i didnt take Any meds..... if anyone is interested this is what my dr with trial and error prescribed (suboxone dr)
    500 mg gabapentin ( SAVER FOR RLS, used for nerve pain) +0.2 mg clonidine (sweats and muscle cramps and RLS)+ 20 mg baclofen (muscle relaxant)in AM
    This combo made me so comfortable for the *physical* symptoms. I still felt the w/d but it HELPED when i was praying to just die and crying from pain day 2.

6-7 hrs later: 500 mg gabapentin +0.2 mg clonidine

B4 bed : 500 mg gabapentin +0.2 mg clonidine + 40 mg baclofen + doxepin 100mg (very mild sleeping aid)
    Through my aggressive taper i slept at least 6-8 hrs. Woke up at times but still got back to sleep.
    If you have a sub/methadone dr, that knows what up then this is what i do and im day 4 and feeling pretty darn good. Im not a pharma pusher but 3 weeks of w/d with nothing is not my puece of cake. As u noticed, there are not benzos in there, those are widely prescribed meds. U will be a bit sleeping n groggy but it minimized the w/d to be bareable.
    To the warriors who do it full c/t with natural stuff, i salute you. Im planning to continue this for 20 days until my dr appt and then off. Those meds u dont get hooked on so there will be no problem to stop them (so my sub dr said lol) ill do more research about that.
    There is no easy way out which i tried so MANY times over and over but a little cushion for the blow without harsh meds and narcotics ill take. Obviously reading how horrible everyones w/d was made me think about how terrible it will be for me until i stopped, took a breath and said ‘today is going to be a GOOD day a thousand times. U will be amazed how powerful our mind and thought are at creating how we feel and out overall experiences.
    If my post helps anyone then job done.

Have a great day warriors!!!!
    Peace n love!
    Julz

Yeah Julz so happy and Proud of You. Positive mindset... love it.. keep going it gets better and better... Stay Strong for Today...

That's awesome Julz. I'm so happy for you that you're not suffering. I know I was ready to beat my head against a wall when I was on day 4. I guess you did find that magic potion after all!! Lol. I'm so happy for you. Keep doing the right thing every day. It gets easier every day. This is way better!!!

Stay strong. You can do this!!
    Beef

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

What a great update Julz! I know It would have given me that extra push when I needed it. There are always so many people reading but not yet posting and every single one of them will receive the wonderful gift that your post is today.

Keep dancing! Find "Happy" (Pharrell Williams) and Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars) and get down with both of those just for me because I can't do it myself at the moment.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    What a great update Julz! I know It would have given me that extra push when I needed it. There are always so many people reading but not yet posting and every single one of them will receive the wonderful gift that your post is today.

Keep dancing! Find "Happy" (Pharrell Williams) and Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars) and get down with both of those just for me because I can't do it myself at the moment.

Peace,

Cat
    hey cat, well im hoping that my post will help others too. for the most day i felt on cloud nine. at some times it kinda creeped up that tingly over the body uneasiness. for the first time in a while i went to the gym. thats how damn good i felt. so i went HARD like a dummie and now im soooo sore........ ugh. its ok tho. i know its good for me. so tonight i took my cocktail of sleep meds and went to bed to do meditation as i do every night and i did fall asleep for like 3 hours and up at 1230 am. its 215 am now and im so awake. FML hate insominaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ill take it after the amazing day i had. to many more warriors!!!!!!! its possible. im so strong and happy and filled with love and forgiveness to all the people who i believed did me wrong. today i realized something so HUGE i must share: forgive the people who hurt your or did wrong to your for it is releasing your own spirit from negative energy and hatred. anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. to forgive does not mean the person who wronged you was right or it was just, to forgive is for your own highest good so that you learn to extend love because you need inner peace to be happy. you deserve happiness. we all got into addictions for various reasons but i bet my life on it that we all had some experience of people hurting us, abuse, neglect and more that we covered up with "fake instant gratification happiness". you deserve closure, forgive yourself for the hurt you feel and let it go for your highest good. just look at life in a new way, be grateful for being alive and take a chance at a new perspective and enjoy the moment. you are alive, you can do this! beat this beast because you are worth it!
    learn to love yourself because it is what we all lack. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! nothing good comes easy. you gotta fight because life is beautiful; forgiveness is the key to happiness, not for them but for your own peace of mind and happiness.
    I LOVE YOU WARRIORS. keep trying. it took me many tries to get to here.
    julz
    Beefaroni7272 and Catrina like this.

Day 5 ,7am did i sleep????? NO ughhhh
    Still gonna be a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEVER GIVE UP
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecrispy1111 View Post
    Day 5 ,7am did i sleep????? NO ughhhh
    Still gonna be a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEVER GIVE UP
    Good Morning,

Sorry about the tough night but you said it best....we have to fight sometimes for the good stuff. I loved your middle of the night post about forgiveness. That is the ticket and you said it well. You will continue to have these kinds of epiphanies. Those are the feel good moments that keep us going. Anything is possible and we enjoy life so much more once we rid our heads and hearts of the garbage that contaminates them. Having a clear conscience and learning how to not allow negativity to rule us gives us so much power. By forgiving others, it frees us. If we keep that resentment and hurt we are surrendering one of the only things in life that we can control.

Good job.

Peace,

Cat

Ok. Here we go for the third time trying to respond.lol. Sorry you didn't sleep well Julz. I know that feeling well. I'd say that for the first 30 days or so I maybe got 2-3 hours a night. It sux!!! All I can tell you in quoting lvg is that this too shall pass. She pounded it in my head when I was whining like a 4 year old child. You're doing great and you have exactly the right mindset to get this done!! Mind over matter!! Just take it slow. (Because there's no other way to do it unfortunately ) and keep doing the next right thing!! Keep telling yourself why you're doing this in the first place!! It's one of the few things that kept me sane over the past 40 days!! You got this and we are all here to support you!!

Stay strong girl!! We are so proud of you!!!
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yup pretty much sums it all up..keep the positive thoughts let go of all the negative behaviours... Stay Strong for Today... Just for today I'm grateful another Day clean...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Thx for the encouragement guys. Makes a difference when people who went through this and are still going through it, back you up!! Just finished a 2.5 hour reiki exchange with 4 gifted reiki practitioners. I feel the love, energy and forgiveness just flowing out and it feels amazing. So happy to be alive and to come closer to my purpose. Cant wait to get my license and spread the healing to my future patients!!!!
    Love u guys!!!
    Julz

Soooo day 6 began at 215am. Although i PASSED OUT COLD between 6-9pm yesterday then took my sleep and gabapentin cocktail and fell asleep 11-215am. Not bad eyy. The snakes running around are BAD in my arms. Tingly and twisty. Dont like them. Hard to get to sleep when its so painful. Another clean day and im happy.
    Arms get so burning/ tingling...... worst is when i lay down. I guess when im on the go i dont feel it. Im fighting thru tho. Yesterday no stomach problem. Im astounded what strong, positive menrality could do to the overall recovery/ symptoms. Trust i ive done this b4. I know how bad it was that i relapsed and went back on sub many a times.
    Julz

Hey julz. Just wanted to pop in and say you're doing great!!! Keep racking up those clean days. It gets easier I promise!! Hope you can find some sleep tonight!! Have a great weekend. Stay strong you can do this!!

Beef

Hey julz. Just wanted to pop in and say you're doing great!!! Keep racking up those clean days. It gets easier I promise!! Hope you can find some sleep tonight!! Have a great weekend. Stay strong you can do this!!

Beef
    Thx for checking in. Tokk my sleep meds and 3 hrs later i was uppedy up and no tiredness usually my meds would make me physically drowsy but not yesterday. I had a really tough day yesterday probably the toughest it has been since day too. I was crying a lot I was physically in pain and it was a really big roller coaster. I stayed strong and now it’s day seven. I am so proud of myself at how strong I feel and how my renewed faith in a higher power helping me is helping me get through whatever I have to get through to make it to the other side. The crazy part is I keep thinking I just want to feel normal but it’s been so long that I don’t even know what normal means anymore. DAY 7 hahahha from 1 mg. I am lucky To have such a supporting husband and family that I understand love me and are helping me get through this. I also have a friend that got off of 4 mg to zero and was suffering for so long and had seizures and shakes and everything, so I am able to talk to him and it’s nice to have someone that you can talk on the phone that understands exactly what you’re going through.
    Good luck warriers! Stay strong for today. You can do this!!!!!!!
    Julz

Longgone2008 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecrispy1111 View Post
    Thx for checking in. Tokk my sleep meds and 3 hrs later i was uppedy up and no tiredness usually my meds would make me physically drowsy but not yesterday. I had a really tough day yesterday probably the toughest it has been since day too. I was crying a lot I was physically in pain and it was a really big roller coaster. I stayed strong and now it’s day seven. I am so proud of myself at how strong I feel and how my renewed faith in a higher power helping me is helping me get through whatever I have to get through to make it to the other side. The crazy part is I keep thinking I just want to feel normal but it’s been so long that I don’t even know what normal means anymore. DAY 7 hahahha from 1 mg. I am lucky To have such a supporting husband and family that I understand love me and are helping me get through this. I also have a friend that got off of 4 mg to zero and was suffering for so long and had seizures and shakes and everything, so I am able to talk to him and it’s nice to have someone that you can talk on the phone that understands exactly what you’re going through.
    Good luck warriers! Stay strong for today. You can do this!!!!!!!
    Julz
    Julz I'm on day 7 as well. Not subs but oxy. We seem to have similar experiences though. For me yesterday was a good day but today not so good. You've got this. I just keep praying and taking one day at a time. You can too.

Hey julz. Glad you're doing good. The sleep will slowly return. It's just such a gradual process as the subs leave your body that some days you don't even notice it. Sometimes when I was having a bad day I'd look back to the beginning of my thread and remember how I felt, and it always lifted me up. Having a great support system is great as well. I'm lucky like you that I have that to help me on my journey. As for getting back to "normal" yeah I'm still figuring out what normal is myself. But I do feel like my personality is returning. I'm joking around more and I don't seem as gloomy or numb to the world. It takes time but you will get there and trust me it's way better than where we were. You're doing an amazing job. I definately wasn't as upbeat as you on day 7. You can do this. Take it slow, and one at a time so you don't have to do it again.

Proud of you!!!
    Stay strong
    Beef
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longgone2008 View Post
    Julz I'm on day 7 as well. Not subs but oxy. We seem to have similar experiences though. For me yesterday was a good day but today not so good. You've got this. I just keep praying and taking one day at a time. You can too.
    Hey longgone!! Wow thats amazing that you are day 7. Im day 8. Honestly i was struggling for soooo long. You can never give up and once your spirit is ready, you will get to the other side and find true bliss and happiness. Its coming. NEVER GIVE UP. LIFE IS SO WORTH IT. Im so grateful to be alive today. Its a beautiful day guys. Had rough few days but im happy inside becUse im done with this addiction. It served its purpose and now i just want to spread love, awareness and inspire others to change and find happiness.
    Love and light to you all. NEVER STOP TRYING OR GIVE UP. keep trying until it works
    Julz

Hey Julz just wanted to stop by and see how today is treating you? Hope its a good one!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Julz just wanted to stop by and see how today is treating you? Hope its a good one!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Hey beef. So today is day 9. Been ROUGH last 3 days. I look like a trembling cracker.... my head shakes my arms tremble.... i got crazy night sweats even on 0.2 mg clonidine. Im still so happy though. Slept for 1 hr then 3 hrs later at 2am i slept for 4.5 hrs. Its getting better. I am a healer Nd healing self is step one. Feeling good buddy. How r u

Longgone2008 is offline Member

Julz I give you a TON of credit. You are so positive and energetic. I hope that has continued into today. I've read your post a few times to give me good vibes so thank you for that. It was much needed.

Hope you are still doing well today!!

Oh I know about those rough nights. I whined for the first 25 days. Sleep was brutal at best, rls, night sweats, fatigue, depression, chills, body aches. It was brutal. But I eventually got better. I'm sure I've still got some time and a few bad daysahead but when I look back it was all worth it. Cat and lvg basically dragged me kicking and screaming the whole way. Did my best to keep a positive attitude. But sometimes I just wanted to curl up and cry. (Which I did several times) it's all part of the process and it will get better. Day 9 I'm thinking you should be turning the corner soon!!! Keep posting, it really helps!! You got this!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey guys! Sorry i was a spiritual journery and to say spiritual awakening. Do you know hoe people say i got to my rock bottom and a higher power lifts them up and after years of suffering they pain is manageable and they can now focus on everything and live in the moment? Forgive the past regret and future worries simultaneously? Well its possible. And relapse will not be on your mind because its possible. Hope is a beautiful thing. Dont ever lose it. Day 13 i think..... sense of time due to lack of sleep is making me feel a bit wonky at the moment...... but im strong. For today.
    Remember, without first hand living in complete darkness, we cannot appreciate the light. Love you all my side by side warriors.

Hey guys
    Day 21 and stronger than ever just super busy lol. I leaving for the night for about 6 to 8 hours with your medication and I only take gabapentin 100 mg a day one. Everything is awesome I feel great for your head I haven’t felt this good in a very very long time. I was just busy with life.
    All i well

I meant sleeping 6-8 hrs no meds
    It gets sooooooo much better

That's awesome Julz!! Congratulations on 3 weeks clean!!! So glad you're sleeping. It's brutal without it. Mine is still a little spotty. But guess who has two thumbs and slept 7 hours straight last night?

*Beef happily makes two thumbs up and points them at himself while displaying a cheeky grin*

That's right, This guy!!! Lol. Great to hear from you. Busy is good, keeps our minds off all the other stuff. Glad you checked in. Have a great day!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

That's awesome Julz!! Congratulations on 3 weeks clean!!! So glad you're sleeping. It's brutal without it. Mine is still a little spotty. But guess who has two thumbs and slept 7 hours straight last night?

*Beef happily makes two thumbs up and points them at himself while displaying a cheeky grin*

That's right, This guy!!! Lol. Great to hear from you. Busy is good, keeps our minds off all the other stuff. Glad you checked in. Have a great day!!!

Stay strong
    Beef
    Yoooo beeeeeef!
    Day 22 guess who slept 8 hrs last night and had to be dragged out of bed? * this girl with a

Sinthetiks1222 is offline Junior Member

Awesome to hear success is in sight. Going on one week off the subs and this is great inspiration for me.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast