Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
Starting Day 10....... Again.......Suggestions
    Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Great post. Told you it would get better. Keep up the good work and hang on to those good days. It keeps getting better I promise. You're doing great by the way!! And you're not annoying anyone here. Keep posting!!! Even if you don't think so there are so many people here who just read and do not post. Believe me you are helping them also.

Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

chart38 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Beef. Today is 1 Month!!!!! I have not taken the Ativan for 3 days and sleep is not exactly great but the last couple days weren't quite as cloudy and I have found some joy and humor to work with so for that I am grateful.

At this point I am quite certain that the only thing that is going to help is time. Unfortunately it seems to go very slow somedays but I am staying very busy and at least the last couple of day seem to have given me enough improvement to know that there are better days ahead. I cant imagine what it would be a t this point that would make me go back but I also know that I have to keep my guard up as I have been here before and ended up in the same boat.

Have a great weekend planned with my family. I feel very fortunate that I have a family so this is great!!

Very excited to hit the one month mark. now shooting for 2...…..

Good luck everyone. Have a great weekend...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Well im past the one month mark!!! That feels pretty good. On the same token my overall mental stability and energy levels are varying every day and constantly remindimg me that i have done some damage and need alot more time behind me to leave this demon in the past.

The great part about my life right now is that my wife is moving forward with me. I am sure she has her own reservations about all of this and if we didnt have 4 beautiful children she would have been gone along time ago. With all of that being said its a huge positive for me and another great point of focus for my recovery. She is my nucleus and would be totally screwed without her so for her to forgive me for the 100th time says alot about her.

Have to say im very lucky and starting to see more good than bad and for that i am thankful as well. Its been a battle but i am going to win!!

Im lucky to have this chance and i will be a better person.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-26-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Hartty36 is offline Junior Member

So today is day 70!!!!!! It has been several weeks since I counted the days and I have to say it felt good to know that today is 70 days clean. It has been a roller coaster to say the least but I can say I am finally at a point where i feel normal most days. Recently i have been working long days which in one way helps but another small part of the evil starts lurking in. A part of my mind is telling me that a quick dose would give me the energy and mood that will help me. The good news is I have been in this position before and failed. I know that any small bit of this evil pill will send me directly back into the trap I have fought so hard to get out of.

My marriage is continually healing. Trust is a little hard to come by but i probably dont deserve it right now and it appears as though it is all getting better.
    I have put my wife through this too many times and at this point she is jyst one more thought on the right side of all of my decisions.

I am very greatful to be where I am right now and encourage anyone that is going through this to hang on. Although you cant see it things do get better everyday. Some days feel as though things are going the wrong way. These are the days you have to dig just a little deeper and know that it takes time.

It is worth it. For all of you going through this please know that it will truly get better. Good luck!!!!

Today marks 3 full months!!!! In a way it feels as though it is a distant memory but in another it feels as though it was yesterday when the nasty withdrawals were hitting me like a train and i truly felt like i couldnt make it through. This has been a journey and i definitely know that im not out of the woods and quite possibly never will be.

I think PAWS has visited in the last week or so and has taken some energy and mood. I recognize this feeling as it has been my caving point on other occasions. When the malaise and mood swings kick in there is an automatic response sent inside my head that wants those evil pills again. i have failed before and refuse to this time. I am hoping in time these moments go away for good and i can be completely free. The one thing that tends to kill all cravings is thinking about all i have put myself through. It doesnt curb the craving but gives me the strength tobremember where ive been and how lucky I M to even still have a family.

Its feels good to keep this behind me but there are little reminders all of the time that my mind still wants the feel good. I will continue to fight these thoughts the rest of my life.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Woot Woot... Congratulations...
    Just for today we never have to use again...
    Proud of you...

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Congrats on 3 months. Keep taking it one at a time. It never hurts to go back and re read the first page of your thread. It always helped me when those demonic thoughts crept in. You're doing amazing. It keeps getting better.

So happy for you!!
    Beef

zebra1961 is offline Member

Hi Chart am reading thru your comments and have to tell you it sounds like lack of sleep is causing a lot of your problems like it did me, I never slept the first 21 days except a hour about every 3-5 days! So remember without sleep no energy depression weird thoughts etc look up all the problems it causes. Your sleep will slowly return so don't give up you will be okay!! I was not working when I quit took time off to do it. I slept whenever my body and mind allowed it, short naps whatever I could any time of day or night, If you can sleep when ever you can, for any amount of time. Hope this helps do not give up it will get better!!!

So as I am approaching the 4 month mark I was involved in an atv accident 10 days ago and ended up fracturing my ribs. :-(

The first few days were really rough as I have broken my ribs in the past and self medicated my way through it. This time has been a whole different story. The pain has me sleep almost non existent again and getting through the day is very tough. I am attributing this to another very strong test of will power. My Dr has offered up Vicodin/Percocet and I had to say no.

As soon as I thought it was getting better it hit me again and I am having a hard time sleeping or getting out of bed due to the pain. Wondering if anyone has any experience with tramadol or other pain medications or if there is anything I can do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chart38 View Post
    So as I am approaching the 4 month mark I was involved in an atv accident 10 days ago and ended up fracturing my ribs. :-(

The first few days were really rough as I have broken my ribs in the past and self medicated my way through it. This time has been a whole different story. The pain has me sleep almost non existent again and getting through the day is very tough. I am attributing this to another very strong test of will power. My Dr has offered up Vicodin/Percocet and I had to say no.

As soon as I thought it was getting better it hit me again and I am having a hard time sleeping or getting out of bed due to the pain. Wondering if anyone has any experience with tramadol or other pain medications or if there is anything I can do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Hello chart, I've used tramadol in the past and for me it provided zero pain relief. Even at the maximum daily dosage of 400mg, it still didn't provide much pain relief if any at all?

Tramadol is a pretty nasty med, it works like an opiate and an antidepressant all in one! Withdrawal symptoms from tramadol are just as bad or if not worse than a cold turkey detox from say oxycodone or hydrocodone!

I've heard of people that have had pain relief using tramadol but please remember that tramadol is a narcotic and it is very addictive!

It would be a very slippery slope for you to start taking tramadol with your history with opiates! I would ask your doctor about non-narcotic pain relievers only!

You can try taking 800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours followed by 2 tylenol two hours after the ibuprofen. Stay on that schedule for a couple of days so the meds build up in your system, it may provide enough pain relief to take the edge off?

I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how the ibuprofen/tylenol regimen works out for you? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    If I were you I wouldn't touch the tramadol or any other narcotic for that matter but pain is pain, only you can make the final call on what you should do?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    chart38 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hello chart, I've used tramadol in the past and for me it provided zero pain relief. Even at the maximum daily dosage of 400mg, it still didn't provide much pain relief if any at all?

Tramadol is a pretty nasty med, it works like an opiate and an antidepressant all in one! Withdrawal symptoms from tramadol are just as bad or if not worse than a cold turkey detox from say oxycodone or hydrocodone!

I've heard of people that have had pain relief using tramadol but please remember that tramadol is a narcotic and it is very addictive!

It would be a very slippery slope for you to start taking tramadol with your history with opiates! I would ask your doctor about non-narcotic pain relievers only!

You can try taking 800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours followed by 2 tylenol two hours after the ibuprofen. Stay on that schedule for a couple of days so the meds build up in your system, it may provide enough pain relief to take the edge off?

I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how the ibuprofen/tylenol regimen works out for you? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    If I were you I wouldn't touch the tramadol or any other narcotic for that matter but pain is pain, only you can make the final call on what you should do?

Hey chart, I seen that you logged in yesterday but you didn't leave a post/reply?

Give us an update on what's been going on and how you are doing? Help and support is here if you need it? Be well... God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Doing good all. Had some real temptations in the last couple of weeks but I can proudly say I made it through. I have had the opportunity to get legit prescriptions twice in the last few weeks and have to admit that it was very hard to turn it down.
    For starters I was in ALOT of pain also even after telling my doctor that I would prefer to not use any narcotics in the treatment of pain he prescribed Vicodin anyway. I still also feel like a bout of PAWS has grabbed me and the inner demon is telling me to take the pills to make it go away.

I feel as though it was a test and I am very happy that I passed but it has now been on my mind again and cant shake it. I know it is simply a decision but there is still a demon inside that says I can take just one or two.

I am strong and will remain strong. It helps to rea other posts and some of mine from the detox to remember just how bad this monster is and what I can lose.

Thanks for caring :-)

Good luck and God Bless!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-10-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12