• 1 Post By jarl
  • 2 Post By zebra1961
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By jarl
  • 1 Post By jarl
Starting Day 9 clean
    jarl is offline Junior Member

Default Starting Day 9 clean

So, I'm back. I'm clean...going on 9 days tonight at 8pm.
    Little history:
    I have a disabled teen who I have to carry to and from wheelchair, car, bed, shower, etc. Over the past 13yrs I've developed Arthritis, Degenerate Disc Disease, and bulging discs from carrying him. I've been on pain medication for about 6 years but the addiction started 3 years ago. I've detoxed more times than I can count. I found myself at 200mg per day of oxycodone last month and just couldn't continue to live this way. So, 8 days ago I quit! Told my pain Dr. I'm done, my dentist (dental surgery coming up) NO narcotics, came clean to my mom and daughter.
    I don't want to rely on pills to get me through every waking hour anymore.
    This has been the worst withdrawal I've EVER been through!
    I need some advice and support.
    How much longer until the aches in my legs, arms, and back go away?
    I've been taking small doses of Kratom...it has truly helped.
    But I'm pretty depressed (I take Zoloft) and sad and achy.
    Looking for some answers.

Love,
    jarl
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarl View Post
    So, I'm back. I'm clean...going on 9 days tonight at 8pm.
    Little history:
    I have a disabled teen who I have to carry to and from wheelchair, car, bed, shower, etc. Over the past 13yrs I've developed Arthritis, Degenerate Disc Disease, and bulging discs from carrying him. I've been on pain medication for about 6 years but the addiction started 3 years ago. I've detoxed more times than I can count. I found myself at 200mg per day of oxycodone last month and just couldn't continue to live this way. So, 8 days ago I quit! Told my pain Dr. I'm done, my dentist (dental surgery coming up) NO narcotics, came clean to my mom and daughter.
    I don't want to rely on pills to get me through every waking hour anymore.
    This has been the worst withdrawal I've EVER been through!
    I need some advice and support.
    How much longer until the aches in my legs, arms, and back go away?
    I've been taking small doses of Kratom...it has truly helped.
    But I'm pretty depressed (I take Zoloft) and sad and achy.
    Looking for some answers.

Love,
    jarl
    Welcome back Jarl,

You've done a good thing about speaking with your doctor. That's a huge step. I'm afraid that the Kratom is holding you back. I'm sure it helped through your first week but it acts the same on the same brain receptors as opiates. It's very addicting and detox/withdrawal symptoms are the same. Please try to get rid of it. Use the items on the Thomas Recipe including Melatonin or Valarian Root to help sleep and any anxiety. Eat a healthy diet with lots of protein including protein shakes with fruit as well as lots of water, Gatorade, etc.

I wish there was an easier way but there's not. We have to throw away all those addicting chemicals and allow our bodies and minds to heal naturally. If you stop the Kratom now, I bet the aches will be gone or controlled with Motrin. If the Motrin doesn't help, Bette mentioned a prescription non-narcotic pain reliever that helps her a lot. I think it begins with an M. Hopefully someone will come along and help with the name of it. You do have some legitimately painful things going on but there are other better choices to help to control it and certainly worth trying.

Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat
    DravenDomnq and jarl like this.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default jarl

You have taken a large step already!! There is no sugar coating it, its a little rough for a while. You should be through physical wds,the aches and pains try tylenol and aspirin,ibuprofen.Stop the kratom its holding you back!! If your able exercise any way you can walk swim lift weights etc this will help with the mental part. It takes awhile to get back to normal,yet you should feel better everday!! So that being said YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR WAY!!!! DONT GO BACK YOU ARE ABOUT TO BREAK OVER AND BEING ON THE DOWNHILL SIDE!!! Keep posting and reading others post they kept me going YOU WILL MAKE IT I KNOW IT!!!! hope this helps some.

Good morning Cat and Zebra...

I'm SO thankful for both your responses.
    Day 9 began last night and when I woke up this morning, I didn't have the depression. But, it's kicked back in now since my long time bf just accused me of doing pills cause I was crying alone in the bathroom and sniffling. He's NOT supportive at all even though 3 yrs ago he was right there with me sniffing pills all day. We're not a good match I'm beginning to believe .....sigh.
    The leg aches aren't too bad but I have a script for robaxin for those. My head hurts a lot though.
    Cat... I've heard so many good things about kratom, in small doses. I did NOT know it was addictive. And I feel defeated.

Thanks for the continued support. I hope this is over soon.

Love,
    j*a*r*l

Default jarl

your man wont understand till its him going thru what you are so try not to let him bother you, though it would be better if he would help!! Remember to exercise any way you can, this really helps with the mental tough spots,and hot soaks showers help with the physical part. We know what you are going thru and its rough,but and this is a big but YOU CAN DO IT. I am a yellow spineless weak kneed jellyfish when it comes to wds and i made it SO I KNOW YOU CAN. I had the sniffels water eyes and runny nose for about 1 month after i quit but it was not constant just popped up.Hang tough better days ahead I PROMISE this side much better no more chasing dope and worrying about that and not the things that really matter. I know its just words but you will get there DONT GIVE UP ALMOST there
    jarl likes this.

grandma -bk is offline Member

you need to taper off the kratom....the dea is trying to stop the sell of that and prolly will one day soon...your body needs to repair its self and taking that is just putting it off.....I had over 15 yr abuse...and didn't start feeling better til around 2 weeks....im on 4th month now and still have anxiety a few hrs every day...but every body detoxes differently...hang in there it will get better...
    jarl likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    If the Motrin doesn't help, Bette mentioned a prescription non-narcotic pain reliever that helps her a lot. I think it begins with an M. Hopefully someone will come along and help with the name of it. You do have some legitimately painful things going on but there are other better choices to help to control it and certainly worth trying.

Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat

I do believe the med you're speaking of is Meloxicam. Here's the link from this site that explains it in detail.....
    https://www.drugs.com/meloxicam.html

It's great for several types of pain. Theres also a prescription pain med called Toradol. It's an anti-inflammatory, but a very strong one. It's given in the ER for things like migraines and kidney stones, but also works for many other pain issues.

Hope this helps.

Randy
    jarl and Catrina like this.

Hi friends....

In 2.5 hours I begin day 12. I've taken the advice about the Kratom. I've greatly reduced how much I take so that I don't go through awful withdrawals....again!!
    I have heard of Meloxicam. In fact, I bet I still have some in the kitchen drawer.
    I got a Toradol shot last week when I couldn't handle the leg aches and pains. My God it hurts after it starts to spread. But after about an hour, the pain was gone.
    I'm having 8 teeth removed on Monday morning. Would the Meloxicam help with that pain?
    I also have Robaxin that has been helping with my leg and back aches. My pain Dr gave it to me when I went in last week and told him I quit taking the Oxycodone.
    My boyfriend SHOULD know exactly what I'm going through. We went through it together 3 years ago. It was almost as bad as this time around. That time, though, we didn't know about anything to help with withdrawals. We took absolutely nothing. I would walk around my carport all throughout the day and night just to ease the leg and hip pain. RLS was overwhelming. I wish I would have never gone back. But, I did and now I've got 11 almost 12 days under my belt.

Thank you for replying everyone...it has helped tremendously with the lack of home support and with the depression.

Angie
    aka jarl
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Default Angie

congrats on 12 days!!! You are on your way now!!! getting real close to where things will subside and get better everyday!! Tell your Dentist whats going on so you will have relief when they are removing your teeth and after, be honest they cant help unless you tell them the truth. I wish your boy friend would help out. Keep us updated,you got this hang on a little longer and the real you will return!!!!! We will support you here and then you can support others when they need it !!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarl View Post
    Hi friends....

In 2.5 hours I begin day 12. I've taken the advice about the Kratom. I've greatly reduced how much I take so that I don't go through awful withdrawals....again!!
    I have heard of Meloxicam. In fact, I bet I still have some in the kitchen drawer.
    I got a Toradol shot last week when I couldn't handle the leg aches and pains. My God it hurts after it starts to spread. But after about an hour, the pain was gone.
    I'm having 8 teeth removed on Monday morning. Would the Meloxicam help with that pain?
    I also have Robaxin that has been helping with my leg and back aches. My pain Dr gave it to me when I went in last week and told him I quit taking the Oxycodone.
    My boyfriend SHOULD know exactly what I'm going through. We went through it together 3 years ago. It was almost as bad as this time around. That time, though, we didn't know about anything to help with withdrawals. We took absolutely nothing. I would walk around my carport all throughout the day and night just to ease the leg and hip pain. RLS was overwhelming. I wish I would have never gone back. But, I did and now I've got 11 almost 12 days under my belt.

Thank you for replying everyone...it has helped tremendously with the lack of home support and with the depression.

Angie
    aka jarl

Hi Angie -

Going to the dentist can be a frightening thing for some. I'm no fan of going, but I've got my teeth healthy again. Having 8 teeth removed can be a source of pain and anxiety. Will the Meloxicam help? Maybe, maybe not? Your dentist will offer the right pain control for you. I would think something such as Motrin 800 would be more beneficial. A strong anti-inflammatory might be the right call for your situation? Again, your dentist will help you.

Randy
    jarl likes this.

Good morning....

Randy, I'm very excited about the dentist. My mouth hurts all the time. 8 teeth is going to be hard, but I was upfront with him. He told to me alternate Ibuprofen and Tylenol every 3 hours.

Last night and now this morning have been really bad with sadness and depression. I'm just taking it easy today. Trying to not let my head get the best of me. I spent the whole night crying in the bathroom after my bf said some really nasty things to me then called me a "junky". I don't think I've ever been hurt emotionally that way.

I know "no fronts"....but I'm excited that tonight at 8pm I will begin Day 16. It's been years since I had this many days under my belt.

Thank you all for being the support I so crave and need.

~angie
    DravenDomnq likes this.
    j*a*r*l

DAY 19!!!

Is that not crazy? (In a super great way)

I had 8 molars removed on Monday. Terrible pain. Haven't given pain pills even a thought!!
    Every day is getting a little better mentally, physically, and emotionally.
    I'm so thankful to each of you for helping me get here.

Angie
    DravenDomnq likes this.
    j*a*r*l