Starting life over...kickin the 40mg a day hydro...
    Anonymous Guest

Default Starting life over...kickin the 40mg a day hydro...

Hello all...I have been reading quite a bit on the site about my specific problem...I have been on hydrocodone for two years now and have decided that enough is enough. I am starting life over...it has been 42 hours since my last dose of hydro...was on 40 mg per day but cut to 30 mg per day the last three days...I experience stomach issues when i made the cut to 30 mg....however...it seems like its taking a long time to go into full blown wd since final dose....I have one suboxone strip to help ease the mental and physical pain...planning on 2 mg to start and only take it every other day as for the half life of suboxone...this morning I was a 23 on the cows sheet....but during day it seems better but at night no sleep cant be still and 110 pulse rate...yawn some at night and stomach cramps two three times a day...loose stool early morning and occassionally thru out the day...main thing messing with me right now is the addiction part...mental...I just know if I could get a pill I would feel better....I know that the sub will help with this...I am pretty strong person and last time i wd from percocets in 4-6 days was fine and not thinking about it mentally....but this time ive been on a lot longer but at the prescribed dose and hydros not oxy...i had two back surgeries last year and they both failed...but I feel i can deal with the pain without any thing...I WANT MY OLD SELF BACK...you know the one that sleeps all night without waking...the one that wants to get out and socialize a little....the one that see to it my wife is a happy woman....by the way I have her full support at this point....but no more if I continue on this path...I have been a member of A.A. since i was 18 and had my first dui so I know the Big Book cover to cover...just have not been to any meetings in this new town we live in, but constantly try to live the 12 principles of AA...with that said...can I start the suboxone now at a 2 mg dose...without going into pwd. Thanks...Glenn

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah by the way...I have never used Suboxone...but a friend gave me one to help with the wd....

Anonymous Guest

Did I post this in the right place...figured would have an answer by now...guess I'll go it alone. Thanks.

Doublelife is offline New Member

You can take the sub now and you'll be fine. 40+ hours is more than enough. For hydros I had taken subs as soon as 12 hours after.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks very much...how would u break up the one sub film just to get me past the worst. but not sick from sub

Anonymous Guest

So I started with 1 mg...we'll see what happens..

Just cut it in half then cut the halves In half as necessary. Subs are very strong and I think you will be fine with 1 mg. if 45 mins after you still feel edgy then take another 1. I don't think you would need more than that for the amount of hydro you were taking. Also, after a week you will have passed the worst part of your WD period. The physical part that is. The mental part will stay with you longer. Your mind will try to convince you that you need the pills. Stay strong man, you can do this. 40 mg is a very kickable habit and that 1 sub should be more than enough to get you through. Good luck and keep posting. Sometimes it takes a while but someone will always be here to listen.

Anonymous Guest

Ok thanks...it has been 45 min since the one mg....i can tell the pressure in the back a
    of my head has subsided...my stomach dont seem to be churning...but mainly im not constantly thinking of a pill...you know its funny cause my Dr. said..and I quote..."you wont have withdrawals if you take as prescribed"...maybe he ought to take them for two years and see if he does...I have a saying that holds true in this senario...if you want to learn what it feels like to have sex, do you ask someone who studied it in a book, or do you ask someone that has actually experienced it....i think the latter, hence my reason for coming here. Thanks a bunch Doublelife...sorry if i seemed impatient early on in the posting...i just couldnt understand what was going on. I will continue to post as i work thru this..with the help of you and others Im sure.

Anonymous Guest

Wow...I really appreciate the feedback Doublelife....I just returned home after one of the best dinners of my life...I know it is with the assist of the suboxone, however, i feel like I did over two years ago when I was clean and sober 100%. My wife, who is the most understanding wife a man could have, is actually smiling again. She has been a big part of my "starting life over" campaign. She has supported me when I figured she'd just ride my back...Thank God for his grace, and this forum...But today was my first day on the suboxone and today is the second day of abstinence. Tomorrow would have been my hardest day but with the plan Doublelife helped me with I'll be clean and tapered of the suboxone in 9 days....using one strip...less is definitely better when it comes to Sub. Thanks again..Glenn

Anonymous Guest

So I woke up at 6:45 a.m. I havent slept thru the night in a long time...maybe last night is just the first of many. Today will be the second day on the one suboxone film i have and the third day of abstinence from the hydro. I feel topital..lol...i think thats the correct spelling. if not I feel great.

Glad to hear it man. You are in a good position to clean yourself up for good. The one sub should be enough to get you past the worst of your WD while not getting you hooked on the subs. Just keep thinking of how much better your life is.

Anonymous Guest

No doubt about it....I did feel a little nausea last night at bed time but very mild with no other wd symptoms...plus it may have been that huge Italian dinner I took my wife out for...lol..today has been great...i went to work to help my wife clean a house...we own a cleaning and maintenance company...its the first work I have done in a while cause i just didnt have the gumption to get up and go...this morning I had a totally different mind set...Thanks

Anonymous Guest

One question...do I take into consideration the half-life of the suboxone...i mean like i took 1mg yesterday...so today I would have half still in me so i only take a half or do I still take a 1 mg...because technically that would be increasing it by .5 mg...correct...or am i lookin at this wrong?