Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
Starting subox for oxy

Nice to meet you Joe. Talk soon.

Day 6 suboxone taper. Took 1.5 this morning and went to work. Felt good other than how tired I was. I've only been sleeping 3-4 hours a night for the past few nights and it totally caught up with me. Left work at noon and slept from 1:009 until 3 just a few minutes ago. Took a .25 sliver when I woke up. I feel pretty good. I will take another 1.5 tonight at 7:00 and tomorrow I guess we will see how today's reduction makes me feel. I think it's going to be fine. Have a good day.

justbeingme is offline Member

Hey Patrick,
    How's it going? Are you stable at your current dose? I've read slow and steady is the way to win , it's not a race in this case.
    I see an orthopedic surgeon in a couple of hours to find out what's going to take to bolt my ankle back together. I can drive myself there but don't think I'll be able to drive home..Gf wanted to go with but I'm not sure about that. Very difficult to see her. if it wasn't for my dog I could stay in the hospital for a month I have nothing better to do right now except sit around in mental and physical pain..
    Hope you are getting more energy..curious to what part of the country you're in ,I'm in southeastern Wisconsin. Hope you have a good day.

Hey justbeingme.
    Must be rough my friend. I've been fortunate to never have to deal with other people's addictions other than my own. Not sure how understanding I would be. I can embrace another addict in the program but that helps keep me sober. Hope I never have to find out. I'm in New York about an hour out of the city. Hope you get good news at the surgeons. Do you go for surgery next week?

Surgery Wednesday. 10-12 week recovery. Gf took me to hospital for pre admission she seems to be doing okay on subs. Hopefully something will work out to my favor. Kinda nice to have her around
    Had enough I hope likes this.

Glad to hear it Joe. I'm on my way to the nightly NA meeting. For some reason it's the only 2 hours of the day that I am free from anxiety and other issues of my damaged head. Y'all have a nice night.

Hi Patrick,
    How is your weekend going ? I can't tell you how happy I am February is over..it has been the worst month of my life. Like some kind of a test maybe..Found out my gf cheated on me in December. Seriously broke my ankle , Got falsely arrested, missed a financial opportunity and to end the month last night I let my Gf use my Audi to run errands and it died an 1/8 mile from my house resulting in a ticket. I forgot, I went to get prescription , stuggled to drive and get in pharmacy, then it was never called in. So happy nothing relevant happened in Children's Court. Have a feeling i missed something.Actually looking forward to surgery. On the bright side I had a nice visit with my daughter on Saturday. I cried when she left though... How was February for you ? Are you feeling stable ? Hope your anxiety is down and energy is up.( Sorry needed to write it all down and read it to believe it.)

cantbelievethis is offline New Member

Just want to wish you luck... I'm trying to get off Subs now.. My pill tolerance went up to 70mg a day of Oxy and or whatever.. went to Subs to taper and got stuck on them... My advise is wean quick .. They are a >>>>> to come off of. I'm using some Vicodin to take edge off and still can't sleep and having wd. I wish I would have done a quick sub taper but can't change past so I just want to give my experience. Subs are a great tool if done right. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there
    I have been busy at work ..
    How is your taper going?

I have read that your receptors can repair on sub..
    I don't know if I believe it or not..
    But if your dose is steady and not to high..
    That may be true..
    That is why the taper has to be slow..
    It is like having all of your receptors open and filled with sub.
    Then each day a few will close then your dose drops..

The cause of withdrawals is having the receptors open and empty..
    So slowly closing them is the answer..
    I hope all is well..
    Take care
    Iluv2

Iluv2,
    Not really sure if the subs help with the repair of the receptors.My gf has been on subs for about 2 weeks and something seems different about her but maybe it's me as we had some other issues just recently. Oddly enough when I broke my ankle two weeks ago I was prescribed oxys she had no problem with them being around enough to break them in half for me.I thought that would be weird if it was me I wouldn't want to be close to any of that stuff but I have never been addicted to them or use them for long term. I had asked her to be more open about how much sub she is taking. I have read so much about them on the site but there's really no talking to her she is pretty stubborn and always been very secretive which is bringing our relationship to an end. I want to be able to trust her but she does nothing to provoke me regaining her trust so therefore it's time for something to change. Trying to get through all of her previous lies, stealing and deceit she hasn't really showed me any remorse or wanting forgiveness for me finding out she cheated on me in December. We have been spending time together everyday trying to help her adjust to subs while she's helping me do daily things being in a wheelchair awaiting surgery in the next two days.SHE wants to stay with me through my recovery but somehow I just get the feeling it's a way for her to use my car. Trust issues again. I have the option to go stay with my sister 50 miles away for her for next couple months so she will not be able to see me because she has no car and she's not going to be using mine. SHE has not lived with me since September when she lost custody of our daughter. Her mom has the baby and wasn't going to let her interfere with my visitation ,plus I live no where near a bus line for her to do her court required things, and not letting her have a car. I had loved this girl so much and wanted to be a family but I'm not sure anymore. A lot of pain and suffering and still don't trust her not sure if I can forgive her. Hoping for her to use the subs as a tool and then taper off. I don't think that is her intention so I think she will still be clouded in her mind.
    Sorry off track. Wondering what happened to Patrick. Seems like he is very determined and has a plan..I'm not gonna lie saying I use people on this site to help me have hope that my girlfriend will do well in recovery so we have a chance to get our life back on track. More importantly get her life back on track because I have a lot of confidence in her knowing she has the ability to do something good in her life besides being the mother of my beautiful daughter..Thanks have a nice night.

Hey joe. Sorry but I haven't been to this thread in a couple days. I had my second drop today to 2.5. Good luck in surgery tomorrow. Let us know how it went when you can. I have another thread on the suboxone taper forum and have been busy back at work and with meetings. Having some symptoms at this dose so may up by .25. Sorry to hear about the issues with your gf. You can always put things on hold and as friendly as possible while she concentrates on her recovery. If she goes ballistic about the loss of your wheels then I'd sAy you're probBly on track about typical drug addict using others selfish behavior. It's going to take time and a conscious effort and in my case a program to get past that pattern. I'm not there yet but I can honestly say I have t lied to anyone in a week. Recovery is a slow process and so far beyond just staying clean. I want to be clean today but it's at least a month away before I jump from suboxone. God bless you brother. You're in my prayers every night.
    Patrick.

Good to hear from you Patrick. Keeping busy has got to help. I'm being scolded by girlfriend because I'm vacuuming doing dishes in cleaning my hardwood floors all from a wheelchair. We had a couple inches of snow this morning my neighbor was nice enough to snow blow the 300 feet from the street to my garage. My girl actually snow blowed a little bit so it's easier to back out of the garage.She's a quick learner bu it was kind of fun watching her 125 pounds handle that snow blower. She misses my Audi but letting her drive a Mercedes I picked up cheap that looks like a drug dealer car with big 20 inch wheels. She wants the chance to take care of me I'm going to use this as a test hopefully find out if there's something else going on. I want to trust her but she needs to regain the trust that's not going so well.. I'm not too smart sometimes.
    Take your time on the taper, keep yourself comfortable and get as much support from meetings as you can..Being on the subs is better than blowing money obtaining pills illegally like she was doing when her prescription ran out.. I'm pretty confident you can do this I'm rooting for you.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    If it were me I would go to my sisters to recover..
    Your gf is not really in any position to take care of you ..

She's barely able to take care of herself..
    That is what she needs to focus on for now..
    She can recover..
    But she has to want to more than anything else in the world..

People are as sick as their secrets..
    Especially addicts..
    If she has a problem discussing the sub ?
    That would be a red flag for me ..

It is a tool used by many to get our recovery soiitified...
    Nothing to be ashamed off..

Hope everything goes well tomorrow..
    I will heck back then ..
    Take care
    Iluv2

So I ended up at 2,75 my as a comfortable dose for my drop. Next one is either Friday or Saturday. All is going pretty well other than I shoveled snow for th past few days and my stupid shoulder that is the reason I was prescribed oxy in the first place is screaming. I've been using arnica and another topical rub. I'm certain that many others have dealt with more pain without drugs than I have so suck it up big boy. Off to a meeting. Hy'all have a good night.

Good to hear you got a stable level. from everything I've read you should probably stay at this dose for at least 4 days and then drop 25%..
    I survived the surgery, np. They gave me a nerve block to my ankle that injected a hot pepper based medicine. Amazingly worked quite well. I have a pump that injects directly to my nerves in a little shoulder bag. So far, so good. My bad luck continues though, Gf came to visit me after surgery and the Mercedes died on the way ,fortunately close to my house. It's a good thing she can drive my three quarter ton diesel pickup.. not happy it got all dirty though..lol. Quite the pain in the ass to get into it..being so high off the ground. IF only my bad luck could run out as fast as money does sometimes ,oh well..one day at a time right ? I kept saying things could not get worse, I was wrong. At least I'm writing this with a smile on my face..I love the challenges. Hope all is going well. Have a good afternoon all.

Good to hear your surgery went well and I'm sure those other bumps will smooth out for you at some point Joe. Tomorrow is day five at this dose but I'm waiting for Saturday to drop again. Seems my only real issue with the drops is a major bathroom emergency 12 hours later and that'd be better handled at home than work. Hope you're both doing well. Take care buddy.

Try the liquid Imodium AD. Couple doses should help.

Just got home from my nightly meeting. Had a good day. I took 1.5mg this morning and as I've been symptom free since Wednesday I went ahead and only took 1.0 tonight as my plan was to be at 2.0 for tomorrow. Thanks for the input Joe. I need to go to the pharmacy tomorrow to get more Imodium and some Tylenol pm as well as another supplement that is supposed to help receptors heal along with B6. Can't think of the name of it for my life right now but I k it starts with a t. Anyhow, hope you are all doing well. Take care folks.

L-tyrosine:? Natural supplement for nerves..(.try Htp 5 for mood)..Had my daughter today. Nothing else mattered. Best high in the world !
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Patrick,
    I imagine you are busy with life just wondering how it's going. I'm pretty confident you're a determined guy and not giving up on this. So it would be nice to hear from you.
    On my side life.
    Gf had some dental work done. Got vicodin prescribed. Don't know what is next now and if she will get back on subs. Thought things were looking up Who am I kidding.I need to learn how to not love this girl so much. She is potentially someone I'd like to be with until I die. (I sometimes wonder if it's because she is the mother of my daughter and a very hot 26 year-old that I am lucky enough to be with.) If it weren't for both I might be long gone.Ugh,

Hey joe. Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I hope you're healing well and things are going great as they can for you. I'm down to 1.5mg starting tonight and am feeling pretty good other than some unshakable lethargy. The Imodium helps immensely for the other issues. Glad you got to see your daughter and I hope you continue to make progress there. I don't want to tell you what to do about your gf. I'm sure you already know what would be best for you and your daughter. We addicts don't get well until we want to for ourselves and without clearing the road of our issues that make us addicts we are of little worth to ourselves, let one those that love us. If we don't love ourselves, we can't love anyone else. I do think about you and my other support rocks on here every night in my meetings. I hope it helps you guys half as much as it does wonders for me. Amazing how quickly you forfeit your spirit in active addiction and thinking of others helps to bring it back. It's a slow process.
    Well it's time to do my sponsor assigned homework. Thank you for your support Joe. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-11-2015 at 09:24 PM.

I'm hanging in there. Not doing what I'm supposed to do yet but I will try soon. I have my daughter tomorrow and that's my high of the week.
    Glad you are stable on the lower dose. Just take your time. Stay where you are and just reduce by 25% when you are ready. Are you sleeping okay? The majority of people have similar reactions to WD's. Watching my Gf a couple times, she was different. If she would learn to listen, her life would be so different. Hey, it's her life. Me trying so hard, and her saying she's trying, won't work. Too bad because I wanted this pretty bad. She tells me she does. Just don't see it. Hard to let this all go. But I'm fooling myself if I don't get it right. Keep up the great job.

Patrick,
    Well I'm hoping everything worked out for you. Can't help wondering what happened to you. It's not the end of the world if this does not work out for you I'm hoping nothing else has happened but it sure would be nice to know. Got my cast off today looks pretty good doesn't feel too bad I'll be able to walk again in 4 weeks maybe. all very surprising since I abused the hell out of it. well that's the only good thing life in general has sucked in the last couple of days after a couple of good days God do I hate this effing roller coaster I think if I was going to jump off of it I'm not going to wait for it to get the low part I'm going to jump off at the highest peak..the bright side is I have my daughter again tomorrow morning. Last weak I had my daughters mother over at the same time because we were having a good week together. Had to take a girlfriend to the hospital a couple days ago. She may be having a tubular pregnancy I'm such a idiot she is trying to get pregnant again by me I don't know why I'm so stupid . She's not pregnant and I'm so happy.. she was actually a little disappointed what the hell is wrong with this girl I don't want to be with her because I keep catching her in lies and deceiving me I don't want to be with her if she's going to be that person.
    It would be great to know how you are doing Patrick I'm assuming you're just very busy with life. Again hope all is well Stop in and let us know how you are doing

Hi everybody. Yes life hAs been busy. It is one of my busiest seasons at work. I'm still tapering on suboxone but almost there. Dropped to approximately.36 today. The time between drops since I hit .75 has been much longer than the previous ones. Sitting up with restless legs tonight. Almost there though. Between meetings, work, and sponsor assignments I've been running ragged. Sorry to leave you all hanging. You've been such a big help in my recovery to date. Hope your leg is much better Joe and your girl issues resolve. Take care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12