Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Starting subox for oxy

Default Starting subox for oxy

I was able to get 30 8 mg suboxone. I took my last dose of 30mg at noon yesterday. It is now 8 am and if my cows number is right I thought I'd start with 2 mg and add 1 after 90 min if needed. any help I can get is appreciated. I was a 200 - 400 mg/day user for a year and a lesser amount for a year prior. Thanks.

So after 25 hours I felt safe to start but was feeling so bad instead of starting with 1mg as suggested I took 4 mg. all I have is 8mg strips and there was no way to cut it any further the way I was feeling. Guess I should have started by cutting them before I started detoxing.
    I feel moderately better but not great. I'm waiting an hour and if I need to ill take 1mg more. Good luck folks.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-21-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I sure wish you would have taken the advice. But too late now. Every single person here using sub film has cut them into such tiny doses as .25mg and even .125mg and lower. I have also and it's really quite easy and you need to be able to do it yourself when you begin the taper process.

What is usually suggested is holding the film with a pair of tweezers and using very small scissors cut the film in half, repeating that process until you have 32 pieces that are all .25mg each. Sounds daunting, but it really isn't if you take your time. Just eyeballing the cuts will be close enough. Practicing on a tiny piece of paper the same size as the 8mg sub film wil help.

You've taken 4mg already. I would NOT take 1mg additional pieces. Instead you should take .25mg pieces until you're completely stable and feeling good. I would guess you should be stable between 4-6mg at the most for your addiction level.

You want to be on the absolute LOWEST amount of sub that keeps you stable. It may take 2-3 days to find your exact dose so don't get in a rush today. Take the small doses until you are stable as I said and all will work out fine. That's the way it's been done here with hundreds and hundreds of members including myself.

I'll check back later to see how you're feeling so keep posting.

-Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-21-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

5 hours pasty initial dose of subox. I ended up taking 4.5 total and other than a massive headache I feel pretty good. I took a two hour nap which seems to be a problems for some on subs from what I read here. Woke up sweating like a hog but other than that I'm pretty good. God bless

Randy. Thank you for answering. Should I take 4.5 cut into two increments tomorrow or should I try a smaller amount?

Slept pretty well but woke up at 6:00 am with rls. Still wondering if I should half my induction dose today. Pretty sure that's the protocol but I want to make sure.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Had enough I hope View Post
    Slept pretty well but woke up at 6:00 am with rls. Still wondering if I should half my induction dose today. Pretty sure that's the protocol but I want to make sure.
    I believe you ended up taking a total of 4.5mg to get stable. If that's correct then today try taking just 4mg TOTAL and see how you feel. You can take the 4mg in one dose at a time that works for you, or take 2 separate doses of 2mg each, one in the am and the other in the pm. If you decide on 2 doses try to take them 8-12 hours apart.

It's very important to take the sub at the same times each day. Keeps a steady amount in your system and makes you feel better. Keep posting.

-Randy

I took 2mg at 7:30 and seemed to stopu twitching. Feeling as well as I have on any amount of oxy over the last year, not great but good enough for now. Going to go clean snow off the cars and I think I'll try to find either an aa or Na meeting for later. Have a great day folks.

Pretty good day. Went and had lunch with my Inlaws after shoveling snow and sweating like a pig. Nice to see them not on pills although I'm nowhere near normal at this point. Took 2mg at 7:00 am and .25 at 3:30. Leaving in 20 minutes for an NA meeting with a friend who has been a program guy for 6 years. I am going to take my evening 2mg before I go so there won't be anything with me. I once lost 30 mg of oxy at an AA meeting and was racked with guilt for days until I found them in my recliner. Have a good night people.

Third day after starting suboxone. I didn't sleep really well last night but I got a few hours so shouldn't complain. Took the day off which I'm not so sure was a good idea. I feel better when im doing something for sure. Took my 2mg at 7:30. Looking forward to dropping my dose on Thursday. I'm going to meetings and am honest about not being clean and I am so looking forward to day 1 clean and sober. Those stupid plastic or pot metal coins mean something when you work for them. hope you're all doing well.

justbeingme is offline Member

I would love to talk with you and if you would be willing to share your experience of what you're going through. It would be very helpful to me. The mother of my daughter started subs last Wednesday at 5:00pm. Initially 2mg and 2mg at 7:00pm. .I have read so many things on this site to expand my knowledge. Hours later she went crazy. I think she took subs to soon. Had taken 10mg oxy in am. She ignored cows scale and my research. Including that she needs a plan and support in place. After major incident she is gone. No communication in future as of now n

Justbeingme. I'll share whAt I can but I'm brand new. Did my research mostly on these boards. There are senior members on here that seem very knowledgeable that I'm sure would be better able to help. I did wait 26 hours after my last dose and I had been keeping my oxy use on the lower end prior to starting.

I'm trying to understand both the mental and physical pain you're going through. Hoping to learn something from someone experiencing it now. Don't want to ask questions or put out any thoughts that may detour you. I'm in a wheelchair awaiting reconstructive surgery on my ankle. We were going to help eachother through this trying time. To a certain degree of course.
    She has to do it herself for herself. Maybe it's better this way, but this was her opportunity to do something big for me. She has many things to face sooner or later. Overwhelming to anybody. I want to believe in her. She is the mother of my 6 month-old daughter. Lost custody after birth.

I really don't have any physical or mental pain. Brief periods of craving. Generally feeling tired a and anxious from time to time but I do really want to be clean. I understand I'm an addict and want to be free from the obsession to use. We all can only get sober for ourselves as we have become extremely self centered in our addictions. There is a lot of wreckage that is going to catch up with me as the process goes along. I've mismanaged finances to provide my drug and I've got to be a big boy and accept I've got to fix all of it. It's not going to happen overnight just like the damage didn't happen overnight. I feel that my choices at this point are either sobriety in recovery or institutions or death. I don't want to lose more than I have or attain more reasons for shame and guilt. Right now I'm at the first step of a lifelong journey and if I can remember that I have a chance at recovery, redemption, and happiness. It's there for anyone who really wants it and is ready to go to any length to get it. God bless
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Had enough
    I am glad you are feeling better..

Just
    I cannot imagine the pain and worry you are going through..
    It sounds like she went into precipitaded withdrawals..
    That is the absolute worst thing .
    It is like the worst possible withdrawals hit you all at once..

I how is she now?
    Hope you will continue to get support for you..
    Usually the family gets lost behind the addict getting all the attention..
    I am gonna see if you started your own thread..
    On the suboxone treatment or need to talk board..
    I will check back later with you both
    Iluv2

Justbeingme. I have to apologize for totally not empathizing with you and what you're going through right now. I'm finding out today that I've really become a self centered asshole while using. I'm sorry for all that you're experiencing and hope things work out for you.
    Stuck to my plan today but some of my wreckage whacked me. All I can do is the work to get better. Goodnight.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Had..
    I hope you are still ok.
    Sounds like you took only 2mg.
    Please make sure you are stable for 4 days before you drop..
    Stable means little to no withdrawals..
    It is very important to be stable before you drop or you will suffer through your whole taper..
    Not fun..
    This is not a race.
    Do it right
    And
    You never have to do it again...
    I will talk to u tomorrow..
    Iluv2

Iluv2 - I did take my second dose of 2 mg at 7:00 pm. My setback today was in realizing how far I've sunk as a human, a husband, and a friend. Honesty has never been easy for me. I'm going to work hard on that. Took my dose this morning at 7:00 am and am heading to work. Not feeling great but not terrible either. Think it's mental today and moving and getting out of the house should help. Take care.

You seem very determined and put together to do what you're doing. You have a plan and direction and I'm sure you can do this without much difficulty. Keep it up and get to where you want to be.
    I'm not sure how my gf is. I'm concerned about her. Right now I'm struggling in a wheelchair trying to get through my day. Next week I will have some help. I will see her in children's court Wednesday afternoon. Have to take care of me now. I worry about her too much. Will stand beside her when she's ready. Willing to try.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-24-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Justbeingme. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is take care of yourself. I so much didn't want my wife to find out and when she did I don't want to lose her. I lost everything to alcohol and the 2008 market crash including wife and houses. My new wife/hostage is an angel. I had 6 years sobriety then had shoulder replacement surgery and convinced myself I would be ok to be on maintenance pain meds. 2 years later I've got a 250 - 400mg per day habit. So as for difficulty, I hope you're right. Then more importantly I hope I remember that my only real chance is to work a program of recovery every day for the rest of my life. I need the guidance. I'll thiink of you and your gf during the moment of silence at a meeting tonight. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Had enough I hope View Post
    [deleted - swearing]
    . I apologize. Was having a moment.

Thank You. You inspire me that someday the beautiful young intelligent woman who is the mother of my only child will be everything she can be for herself and our daughter someday. Hang in there. You seem to be a determined guy like me who can get this done. I think it'll be worth it....

Just got home from an NA meeting and I shared where I was at. Helped to hear others in recovery and to feel the love of the people in the room. I'm in a much better frame of mind than I've been in throughout the day.
    Iluv2. Just to let you know I've been actually at 4.5 per day since Saturday. I tried at 4.0 and in the middle of the day I was feeling super anxious and the 2 slivers of .25 seemed to help. Going to try to stay at 4.0 even tomorrow then Thursday will be my first reduction. Planning on 3.0 which is 25% but may end up adding .25. Let me know if that is okay Iluv2. I'm also taking 200 mg of b6. 1 Imodium per day to help with my looseness. Two ginseng tabs. Potassium as I have rls when I'm not tapering although it really hasn't been a problem while on sub. Also taking my regular 5000 mg vitamin D as I'm deficient and coq10. Lots of water and Gatorade. Trying to eat lots of protein but my appetite is still off. I lost 45 lbs in the last 6 months which I'm going to try to maintain but it wasn't done healthily so we will see. Have a good night fellow sufferers as well as those who have gained freedom from their obsessions. God bless

Justbeingme. I did pray for you and your gf. I will keep doing so. Thinking of others does more for me than you can imagine. Have to tame that selfishness. Have a good night and thank you for your kind words.

Day 5 at 4.5 suboxone. Felt better today than I have since day one. I'm going to try my first drop to 3.25 tomorrow. Went to work and staying busy sure helps to keep the anxiety at bay. Not much to report. Hope you're all well.

Hey Had Enough,
    Your attitude and determination seem so easy. Impressive. I was under the impression that the subs would reduce or remove the anxiety and physical symptoms of WD's. Defer the cravings ? Don't have a clear head today.
    Saw my gf in children's court today. She called me before, I have extreme difficulty shutting her out. (We have a 6 month-old daughter+ i would like life w/her) She's been taking Tylenol 3's (1 every 8 hrs.)instead of oxy's for near a week but is starting subs tomorrow. Her choice but seems like a bad one. Her WD's never appear bad she conceals them well though.I want nothing more for her to get off pills but seems like trading 1 for another..She plans on staying on them for 6 months to repair her receptors..any thoughts or input would be appreciated. And again I think you're doing great. THANKS.

Justbeingme. I am grateful for the subs as they take away mostly all of the physical symptoms of withdrawal. I'm using them as directed for a short taper that I think was developed by Robert_325 on here. They will get you high if you abuse them from what I undrrstand. For me they are a tool to be able to function while weaning down. I don't think yout receptors will repair while you're on them but I'm not sure. I trusted the addicts in here that have experience more than a doctor with a pharmacology companies financial interest at stake. Some people would find that completely insane but for me it just seems to make sense. But try to think of it from her side of you try to convince her of this. A lot of people have blind trust and faith in Drs. I would keep your ears open and if her dr puts her on a crazy high induction dose then you know she's going to be for a tough road. Nothing you can say is going to sway her most likely though and as long as she doesn't take more than prescribed hopefully in time she will be okay. She has to want it. Nothing will get her clean if she doesn't. Btw. I'm Patrick. I thinking of you both during our moment of silence for the sick and suffering. Selfishly I hope that's enough to help keep me clean for another day but I do care. Every person is worthy of peace and love and I hope you find peace for yourself. Take care brother. God bless. Also you may want to look into a progr for yourself. If you don't find what you need in one meeting keep looking. Try another. There is value there and people will love you just because you share the same problems. It helps.
    God Bless

Oh. The subs don't do anything for anxiety, shame, self loathing, and all of the other reasons we abused in the first place. They don't repair the financial and emotional wreckage we cause in active addiction. That's what the meetings are for. To teach us to live with ourselves when we don't have that medicinal band aid to take us out of our own damaged heads. Peace

This is all on her. I'm not trying to do anything but be there and listen to her. Not convincing her or advising. Has to be all her. She was prescribed 16mg a day. She knows enough to take smaller amount gradually until stable, I hope, in 2mg increments.
    I'm going to nar-anon and also aoda counseling(court mandate) and also individual therapy for my co-dependency. Btw I'm Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast