starting suboxone while on butrans patch
    crystaljb is offline New Member

Default starting suboxone while on butrans patch

I have my first suboxone appointment tomorrow. I've been off norco and oxy for 4 days but I've been using a butrans patch to help with withdrawls. Will they still start me on suboxone since butrans is the same medicine?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crystaljb View Post
    I have my first suboxone appointment tomorrow. I've been off norco and oxy for 4 days but I've been using a butrans patch to help with withdrawls. Will they still start me on suboxone since butrans is the same medicine?
    Who put on the bupe patch and why? Why are you wanting to go on Suboxone? What is your history with the norco and oxy?

I got put on Butrans, norco and oxy for pain management about 4 years ago. I've sadly been abusing them for the past couple years. I had my appt with the suboxone dr and started on it 5 days ago. The butrans wasn't a problem. I wanted to start suboxone because I haven't been able to quit on my own and wanted the help while I go through counseling.

I got put on Butrans, norco and oxy for pain management about 4 years ago. I've sadly been abusing them for the past couple years. I had my appt with the suboxone dr and started on it 5 days ago. The butrans wasn't a problem. I wanted to start suboxone because I haven't been able to quit on my own and wanted the help while I go through counseling.
    How much suboxone did the doc put you on per day? They almost always put people on way too much! Suboxone works best when put on the smallest effective dose and for a short amount of time, 6 months or less! Robert325 has a suboxone therapy/taper plan here that 1000's have used with great succes, you should seriously consider it? Keep us updated?

He started me at 12mg. It's going ok so far, I'm really tired though.

12mg is a lot, most people are stable on 4mg/day or less! With subs less is more! I'll leave you a link to Robert's sub taper plan below, you don't have to worry about the induction part because you are already on the subs. It may help to split your sub dose and take it twice a day about 8-10 hours apart, also it's important to take your dose/doses at the same time everyday!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Crystal -

We need to get your dose of Suboxone down to a respectful level. 12 mg is a huge dose of sub. It's really strong and the reason you're so tired. You'll feel much better on a lower dose I promise. Read over the plan that Ricky provided. That's what we follow to the road of success. Here if you need me.

Randy

Thanks for your comment. I did read through that the other day, but right now I have to follow my doctors orders. It was hard for me to find an addiction doctor where I live because they're all full and I don't want him to stop seeing me because I'm not doing what he says. When it's time for me to start tapering I plan on using that method of I can. Luckily my body must be getting used to it because I'm not feeling as tired. I really appreciate all of your help.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thanks for your comment. I did read through that the other day, but right now I have to follow my doctors orders. It was hard for me to find an addiction doctor where I live because they're all full and I don't want him to stop seeing me because I'm not doing what he says. When it's time for me to start tapering I plan on using that method of I can. Luckily my body must be getting used to it because I'm not feeling as tired. I really appreciate all of your help.

I understand you wanting to follow your doctors orders, I really do, but let me tell you something you may not be aware of. I'm not trying to bash yor doctor, but very, very few of the "sub doctors" know really anything about subs. They only need to take an 8 hour online course and that's it! I could pass it easily. They're then ready to prescribe the subs. All there is to it. The pharma reps come in and instruct these uneducated doctors to hand out huge doses of sub to unsuspecting patients. They have no real experience with sub. Well the majority of them don't. These doctors put patients on huge doses of sub and plan on keeping them on it for years, including the rest of the patients life. It's all about the easy money to be made. Promise you I'm right.

Make you a bet right now. Once you do begin to taper (and the sooner the better) you'll discover that 1-2mg per day will do the same as the 12mg you're now taking. You'll feel just the same on the lower dose. In fact you'll feel better. Sub is a less is more drug meaning the less you take the better you feel. It works differently than other opiates, more is definitely not better.

Please proceed with caution and do some research. Read some threads and posts in the sub forum.

Take care and all the best to you. Here if you need me.

Randy