Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
still stuck with oxyneo/oxycodone
    Ben39 is offline Junior Member

Default still stuck with oxyneo/oxycodone

I was on a very high dose on oxyneo. I managed to go down by 60%. Then I was going up and down so right now Im at 50% down comparing the time I started weaning off.

I take benzos with it and I take antidepressants. My problem is not continuing the taper because of pain but depression. It will take me, I estimate, 3 months to come off. But the depression is kicking in because i had depression even before.

Would it be wise/safe too change antidepressants during the taper? And what supplements are reccomended and SAFE considering that Im taking oxy, benzos and AD?

I am in serious fear. And if I don't do it soon I might run out of the oxy

Please give me some idea how to manage depression while tapering because I have family and a job to hold. But only those of you who have been truly depressed know the feeling. For example, you have no interest nor power to eat, let alone enjoy a movie or video game.

Thanks

ADD...I am going to quit smoking in next couple of days which will make things harder. My body cannot take nicotine and makes me depressed and anxious. I am trying to convince my doctor to give me max dose of gabapentin to help with RLS because I found it helps if i take it before going to bed. 900 mg 4x per day or 1200 3x

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben39 View Post
    ADD...I am going to quit smoking in next couple of days which will make things harder. My body cannot take nicotine and makes me depressed and anxious. I am trying to convince my doctor to give me max dose of gabapentin to help with RLS because I found it helps if i take it before going to bed. 900 mg 4x per day or 1200 3x
    Greetings again Ben - I encourage you to read everything from your last thread that you started in April, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...elp-70921.html
    Depression and/or anxiety is definitely part of the detox process, it will pass in time when you are off all the opiates and your brain is able to produce it's own dopamine again?

I wouldn't try to quit smoking at this time, it would be too much to handle with the oxy taper in my opinion? Remember, tapering opiates is very difficult, it's a very slow process. 10-15% reductions per week, sometimes even less to avoid any withdrawal symptoms. I tapered myself as I mentioned before in your last thread, I had depression and anxiety all the way through the taper. It was a few months for me before the depression and anxiety went away, like I said, it will pass but not until you're off all opiates for a while! I wish you well. Keep us updated? God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Ricky thank you for your supporting words. So I have to endure the depression for a few months. They sell on amazon "calm clinic" pills but I don't trust it and am scared to take it because the guy who made it is someone I saw on youtube and didn't look trustworthy.

I take 3mg of klonopin 2x per day. I wish if I could at least get rid of that so I can take some herbs from health store. But Cannot do it all at once.

The smoking Ricky has to go because: I take my meds, I feel OK, I go for a smoke and RLS, anxiety and drowsiness hit me like a sledge. I have been smoking 3 months and it helped in the first few weeks, now not. (I smoked in the past but quit 3 years ago)

I wish there was someone who would talk to me one on one during this hellish road thats ahead of me. If i at least didnt have stress but dad got cancar, I got some physical issues that Im even scared to see a doctor for. STRESS.

Thanks again buddy.