Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AngelaSee
Sub / Surgery & Pregancy
    AngelaSee is offline New Member

Default Sub / Surgery & Pregancy

So I just started sub Feb 13th and now I have found that I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I had a U/S yesterday and they do not see anything in my Uterus, which means it's more than likely ectopic. The pain is pretty bad and I will probably have to have surgery to remove. I'm freaking out. I'm down to 2mg a day now with my slow taper but am wondering if I should just stop? What If I have to have surgery? How will that work out with Subs?
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Angela
    What does your surgeon say? Others on sub stopped using it before surgery. Are u sure it's ectopic?
    When are u scheduled?

It ended up not being ectopic. I was mis diagnosed twice. Turns out it's a normal pregnancy in my uterus. I got myself down to .50 mgs a day and ran out on Friday. The person who originally gave me the 10 8mg strips was supposed to send 4 more so I could slowly tapper, and they ended up not sending them. Dealing with the withdrawals from the sub now. I had an old script for talwin ( same family as sub with Naloxone ) and I've had to take it to get through the withdrawals. I'm exhausted and ready to be done with this >>>>.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaSee View Post
    It ended up not being ectopic. I was mis diagnosed twice. Turns out it's a normal pregnancy in my uterus. I got myself down to .50 mgs a day and ran out on Friday. The person who originally gave me the 10 8mg strips was supposed to send 4 more so I could slowly tapper, and they ended up not sending them. Dealing with the withdrawals from the sub now. I had an old script for talwin ( same family as sub with Naloxone ) and I've had to take it to get through the withdrawals. I'm exhausted and ready to be done with this >>>>.
    Angela,

Have you discussed this at all with your doctor? Be careful. I know they will only prescribe subutex for pregnant woman. Suboxone can be dangerous. Please check.

Peace,

Cat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Angela
    It's been a few days. You jumped from .5mg, which is ok. How's it going? Hang in there and stay hydrated to speed up flushing out sub and try to eat or drink Ensure. Got Imodium?
    Let us know how it's going.
    Two misdiagnoses! Sounds like Florida doctors! Lol
    Proud of you!

Yes I had hubby pick up some Imodium from the pharmacy today and vitamins. As soon as I found it was a successful pregnancy I stopped the subs within 3 days. However I feel like >>>>. My arms don't want to work... I'm very very moody and the withdrawal from the sub seems worse than what I what I would have went through if I had just tapered and withdrew from oxy to hydrocodone and then tapered from hydrocodone. I've tapered and quit hydrocodone in the past and it was much easier than the feeling of the sub withdrawals.

I took oxy 40mg per day for 6 yrs. Then sub as of Feb 13th and have now stopped as of March 25th. A little over a month. Please tell me these withdrawals will not last....

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Angela,

If I'm understanding, you've only been on subs for 5 or 6 weeks and were down to .5. That's great! How long were you taking .5 before you ran out? Going to be honest. It will take longer than hydro or oxy, but thankfully you haven't been on them for long. It could be worse. Folks have jumped at more than that and did it. So can you.

I know it's hard but do your best to stay busy. It's so important both for you and your baby to stay hydrated and eat really healthy foods especially now. Keep posting. It helps soooo much to be able to vent to people who know how you feel and what you're going through. Advice, encouragement, and even a chuckle now and then. It all helps. Stay strong! It won't last forever. Please tell me how long you were on that .5.

Peace,

Cat