Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By David256
  • 1 Post By 10years39days
  • 1 Post By RealSteel
Sub taper,
    RealSteel is offline New Member

Default Sub taper,

Comeing of years of opiates, I started subs. Finally started tapering. I reduced by 25% all the way to .5 I only experienced mild WDs, mostly feel cold all the time. I stayed at each step for 2 weeks and 4 weeks at .5, I'm going to .25 then I'm going to take gabapentine and start skipping days I hope it goes ok.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

That's a 50% drop. It may take a while for your body to stabalize. Have you seen The suboxone taper plan? It's the first thread marked "sticky" At the top of the suboxone treatment sub forum. It has helped literally thousands of people get off the subs. It calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days. Until you get down to at least .25 mg. So that would make your next stop be .375 mg for 4-7 days, then down to .25 mg for 4-7 days. Then you can either continue tapering or work in the skip days process, it allows the long half life of the subs to "catch up" and dissipate in your body. Making for a softer landing. The way it works is you dose, skip a day. Dose, skip 2 days. Dose skip 3 days. Dose and then you're done.

Congratulations on how far you've come! It's quite a feat for sure. I'm sure others will be by to offer their support. You're almost there. Keep up the good work!!

Congratulations again and welcome to the forum!!
    Beef
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealSteel View Post
    Comeing of years of opiates, I started subs. Finally started tapering. I reduced by 25% all the way to .5 I only experienced mild WDs, mostly feel cold all the time. I stayed at each step for 2 weeks and 4 weeks at .5, I'm going to .25 then I'm going to take gabapentine and start skipping days I hope it goes ok.

Hello!

Perfect advice from Beef and I just wanted to 2nd what he suggested. I wouldn't skip that .375mg dose in between 5.mg and .25mg because the symptoms may be overwhelming. Suboxone is very strong and even that little bit can make a big difference when tapering.

You've done a great job getting to where you are now. Keep up the good work and you'll be free soon.

Randy

Ok thanks, I got plenty of those same strips, so I will take it slower. I also started taking 100mg of DLPA 3 x a day with 300mg of gabapentine. I took my first dose of that yesterday morning and today is the first time I woke up without panicking and needing my sub. So I hope this goes well. I'm tired

David256 is offline Member

Welcome aboard! I think we’d all advise to slow it down, I wanted to finish quick but it’s been almost 2 months for me to get from 3mg-ish to 0.375mg now. Patience and some comfort meds will certainly help.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Yea I'm at .375 now for a few days then drop again

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealSteel View Post
    Yea I'm at .375 now for a few days then drop again
    Hi RealSteal -

Just wanted to add to the chorus saying that the middle dose between .50 mg and .25 mg is really helpful. I actually did 2 drops between so my taper looked like this:

Jumped

I had a mild WD with the first 72 hours being the most challenging. I am on day 42 today and I think I am over most of the WD's. I am sleeping and eating fine now. Don't be afraid of the skip days and jump... I made it up to be worse than it actually turned out to be.

You are doing great. Keep up the good work tapering. Post when you have time.

Ok I hope so. day 2 at .375

10years39days is offline Member

Hey RealSteel,

Congrats on your progress! Have you considered tapering down to .125? It'll add some days to your plan, but I feel like it pays off in the long run. At least for me it did. I went with a long/slow taper, I got down to .125 and decided to start skip days. After my first skip day I decided to skip the next day...and then the next day...and then the next day...and I haven't touched the stuff since. Right now I'm around day 85 clean if my math is right.

It was the hardest thing I've ever done, and today I'm stronger because of it.

Keep posting!

.375 day 5. Not so bad

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Nicely done. Soon you'll be down to .25 and getting ready to jump!! Keep it going, it only gets better.

Beef

Thanks. Day 6