Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By jeepdude
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Submerged !
    Wews62 is offline New Member

Default Submerged !

As I sit here trying type out a simple question my heart is palpitating and my head is pounding. I am thrilled to find such a wealth of information about this drug .I'm no dummy when it comes to prescription medication... Or am I ? I'm so upset with myself right now. Once again I'm in a pickle. I have been trying to wean off slowly and I gotta tell ya that this drug is in a class of its own when it comes to withdrawals. I'm down to taking crumbs and it's just devilish. Thank God for this forum ! I can't tell you all the relief I felt to learn that I wasn't dying from something else.. it's the meds ! I hope to hang in here and document my trek for my own sake and just maybe I will help others too. I want to add that I've recently lost several loved ones , one of them to an overdose. So yes.. it's important that I get through this safely. I'm having really bad spasms throughout my entire body. My ears are roaring and I'm very apprehensive. The worst is my breathing. I feel like I'm suffocating all the time. I read a few things that I'm going to try. Thanks for the great input. I have hope now that I will get through it.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wews62 View Post
    As I sit here trying type out a simple question my heart is palpitating and my head is pounding. I am thrilled to find such a wealth of information about this drug .I'm no dummy when it comes to prescription medication... Or am I ? I'm so upset with myself right now. Once again I'm in a pickle. I have been trying to wean off slowly and I gotta tell ya that this drug is in a class of its own when it comes to withdrawals. I'm down to taking crumbs and it's just devilish. Thank God for this forum ! I can't tell you all the relief I felt to learn that I wasn't dying from something else.. it's the meds ! I hope to hang in here and document my trek for my own sake and just maybe I will help others too. I want to add that I've recently lost several loved ones , one of them to an overdose. So yes.. it's important that I get through this safely. I'm having really bad spasms throughout my entire body. My ears are roaring and I'm very apprehensive. The worst is my breathing. I feel like I'm suffocating all the time. I read a few things that I'm going to try. Thanks for the great input. I have hope now that I will get through it.
    Hello Wews62, welcome to the forum! It would help if you could leave detailed information to your current situation? What drugs were you using, for how long and how much and the same info for what you are using now? I know you said you're down to crumbs but you didn't say what the crumbs were? There are a ton of awesome people here with massive amounts of knowledge that can help you along but we need to know as much background and details that you can provide? Let us know, we are here to help? Take care... God bless us all!
    Wews62 and Ming23 like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Wews
    Welcome!
    Crumbs? Like Ricky says, how large are those crumbs? Have you read the Sub Therapy outline? It's the first post on the Suboxone Forum sheet. Quite informative and might ease some of your concerns.
    Yes, detox can be challenging. Post more details if you can, it will enable folks to better understand where you're at in the taper. Hang in there.
    Are u drinking a lot of water? Subs dehydrate the body, which then develops symptoms mimicking panic. You want to minimize the negative aspects whenever possible.
    So, what's your current dose etc? Post when u can...

Wews62 is offline New Member

Sorry about the confusion. I really didn't think anything through when I began this post. I'm currently breaking 10 mg buprenorphine into quarters. I am thinking of how I can do this and continue my daily tasks. I was recently weaned off 2 mg Valium 3 times daily. I'm doubting myself because I have so much on my plate. Is there ever a good time to do this? I also have physical challenges with a good deal of pain. I'm questioning myself constantly which makes this even more challenging. I'm in the valley of decisions now. I'm really glad that I found you guy's. It's very comforting to know that others have been through this.

jeepdude is offline New Member

I'm currently doing a taper. I've been on subs for 5 years. Started at 21 mg Over the past 3 years I've made it down to 16mg. Hung out at 16mg for maybe 2 years give or take. Then got my butt in gear. This past 2 weeks I got down to my current dose of 4mg. I did 8mg 1 week then 6mg for about 5 days then now at 4mg. That worked for me. I have had absolutely 0 withdraw feelings none ! It's just like I've been taking my normal 16mg. I know 4mg is still a high dose and from what I've heard it gets real around 2mg and below....again that just worked for me. From what I've read Roberts taper plan works the best for most people 25% every 4 days. Hope that will helps you out. Good luck. Also not a doctor I've just done a boat load of research on Bupe. I've read a lot that it works better as a pain reliever in lower doses.
    Wews62 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Wews62, here's a link to Robert's sub taper plan. Read it and follow it to a "T"... Many success stories using Robert's plan. I wish you the best of luck! Take care... God bless us all!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html
    Wews62 likes this.