On suboxone for 2 years, off for 9 days and feel horrible
    Csr5190 is offline New Member

Default On suboxone for 2 years, off for 9 days and feel horrible

Hello everybody, i am an addict trying to recover from addiction. Been on suboxone for 2 years after quitting dope for 5 years through I.V., i was feeling fine until about 2 days ago, today i feel like day 3 all over again.. I went through detox for 6 days completed came home and after 2 days started out tired and yesterday getting hot chills, no energy at all, feels like im wearing leg weights and i know this feeling all to well.. I need help.. No benzos or drugs because i am in recovery and trying my hardest. Please send me some hope and inspiration and prayers...

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Csr5190 View Post
    Hello everybody, i am an addict trying to recover from addiction. Been on suboxone for 2 years after quitting dope for 5 years through I.V., i was feeling fine until about 2 days ago, today i feel like day 3 all over again.. I went through detox for 6 days completed came home and after 2 days started out tired and yesterday getting hot chills, no energy at all, feels like im wearing leg weights and i know this feeling all to well.. I need help.. No benzos or drugs because i am in recovery and trying my hardest. Please send me some hope and inspiration and prayers...
    Hello welcome to the forum...
    Congratulations on getting clean I know just how hard this has been for you... Did you go from the junk to the subs? Man I know that led suit zero motivation ughh God awful. But the good thing is that its just a feeling and this will pass. Remember we didn't get here in one day so it takes time.. You mentioned you are in recovery are you getting face to face support Na, Aa counseling, therapy, recovery house? Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you...

Yes I am going to be seeing a psychiatrist and counseling weekly and I am in a fellowship for sure I'm actually getting ready to head to a meeting right now it's coming in waves I felt real sluggish and mentally physically emotionally drained in the a.m. and right now I feel great just real tired thank you for replying every little piece of feedback and support I received helps me significantly thank you so much and I will definitely be posting on a day-to-day basis until I am through I know I have to do this either now or later by the grace of God I didn't use today but today is not over I'm keeping it minute by minute at this point

Maggi19 is online now Member

Hi Csr.....

I just wanted to give you my love and support. You’re on the right track! I know it sucks to feel the way you do right now, but like Lvg said.....this too shall pass. I’ve only been on the forum for a few weeks and it’s helped me a whole lot....so I know it can do the same for you.

❤️Maggi

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Csr. Welcome to the forum. Here you'll find great support from these amazing people. I saw your post at work but didn't have time to reply. Believe me I know what you're going through. I jumped from 1mg of subs and suffered for quite some time. That lead suit, chills, depression and anxiety. Yeah I get it. But I made it through. Today I'm a little over 13 months clean and I never have to use again. What was your daily dose of subs when you jumped?? Also there is the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal. You can Google it. It's a list of vitamins and amino acids that will help repair your mind and body. Eat healthy and try to get a bit of exercise. Even a short walk helps tremendously.

I'm glad you found us. Read others threads, post as often as you need to. It really helps. Whine, complain, get it all out.

Welcome again and congratulations!!
    Have a great night
    Beef

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

As Beef mentioned, we need some more info in order to give you more help and advice? How much subs were you taking daily when you went into the 6 day detox program? What meds and how much, if any did the detox place give you while you were there? When was the last time you took Suboxone? How long have you been home from detox? The more detailed info that you can provide the better?

Withdrawals from opiates are horrible, I know! Subs are a beast to come off of but you are doing it! I know it sux but I also know that it will get better so hang in there! Answer those questions I asked when you get a chance and we'll go from there? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

PS
    Here's a link to the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal that Beef had talked about -
    https://forum.drugs.com/featured-con...ent-35169.html

Leave the benzos out of the recipe unless you are already prescribed them!

Thank you all so much. Sorry was at meeting when i seen the email. I have been home 3 days was on a 4 day protocol for methadone. I took last methadone dose on 10-23 and my last suboxone dose was on 10-19 i jumped at a quarter of a sub was on 1 and a half 22 months then a few days i kept cutting dose it was hard but stabalized at a quarter.. Did that about 2 weeks then went into detox.

And once again thank you all for the support it really is helpful and I'm so appreciative God bless

Thank you all so much. Sorry was at meeting when i seen the email. I have been home 3 days was on a 4 day protocol for methadone. I took last methadone dose on 10-23 and my last suboxone dose was on 10-19 i jumped at a quarter of a sub was on 1 and a half 22 months then a few days i kept cutting dose it was hard but stabalized at a quarter.. Did that about 2 weeks then went into detox.
    Sorry, I'm still a little confused? So you were on Suboxone for 22 months at 12mg/day and then you tapered down to 2mg/day over the course of two weeks and you took your last 2mg sub dose on 10/19? Then you went into a 6 day detox program and they put you on methadone for four days with your last dose of methadone on 10/23? Is all this correct so far?

Yes thats it. Sorry I was exhausted and fell asleep and now I'm awake wide awake 3 hours later this is about the worst of it for me

Yes thats it. Sorry I was exhausted and fell asleep and now I'm awake wide awake 3 hours later this is about the worst of it for me

So basically you jumped from 2mg of Suboxone which is quite a hefty amount to jump from! The four days of methadone that you received in detox just covered up the Suboxone withdrawals! The reason that you are feeling so bad now is that the long half-life of the subs and methadone have worn off. Beefaroni jumped from 1mg of sub and had a pretty rough time for quite a while, he would be best to let you know what symptoms you can expect and how long they could last? In the meantime you can follow the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal (I left you a link in an earlier post) and stay well hydrated. Stay the course as things will get better and better as you accumulate more clean time! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing? We are all here to help and support you in any way we can? Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

Today its my stomach. Nauseas bubbly stomache the runs. Immodium wont even work. Slept 7 hours last night though. Bloated and cant eat anything without being sick.

Today its my stomach. Nauseas bubbly stomache the runs. Immodium wont even work. Slept 7 hours last night though. Bloated and cant eat anything without being sick.
    Are you following the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal? How much imodium are you using? Also, the liquid imodium seems to work best? Stay well hydrated with water and Gatorade. Update when you can? Hang in there! God bless us all!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey csr. 2mg huh. Well I hate to say it but you're probably in for a bit of a ride. Sorry. Just like Ricky suggested use the Thomas recipe. The Imodium is definately a life saver. Just be sure to take it as needed. The first 2 weeks are not gonna be pleasant. But things will slowly get better. That's the thing with jumping from a high dose of subs and yes 2mg is a high dose. It's just so gradual. You'll feel like you're running in place. Give my thread a read if you want. It's a few threads down in this forum titled "day 11 no suboxone. Looking for info" most of the good stuff is on the first 3 pages or so. It should give you some idea of what you're in for. As far as the eating. Don't force it. The first week I couldn't stomach any solid foods. I lived off protein shakes. Protein is your best friend right now. And drink tons of water/gatorade. You can get really dehydrated. And it'll help flush the garbage out of your system.

Keep posting and reading. We are here for you.
    It gets better I promise!!
    Have a great day. I'll check back later.
    Beef

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Hey csr-

I read your thread and all the replies you’ve been given.

So the GREAT news is you already have some heavyweight pros giving you top notch advice.

The bad part is I can’t help but see your posts are nearly focused on the physical symptoms and the crushing psychological profile which comes along with this acute period.

Rest assured you will see that every single one of us have felt and experienced the exact same thing. You are not alone my friend.

As Beef says..his W/D is tattooed on his soul.

I will say this, the words of encouragement you get here are often times the difference in leaving that stuff behind.

Looking back on my own acute W/D, I am
    absolutely grateful that it was crashing on me with all its might. That may seem bizzare, but it’s very true.

You see, every single hour of every single day you endure this time frame will put you one step closer to never picking up that habit again.

I know it’s hard to see right now. We all cursed the Gods but we are a standing testament that it can be beaten and placed in check.

And that is why it is a GIFT. Right now you’re probably thinking “Gift..yeah this dude is out of his mind”. And right now you may be correct. But I promise if you stay the course, it does ease and the physical symptoms will fully get behind you.

Stay as strong as you can mentally. Eat well (try to stay away from processed and junk foods). And when you think you can’t bare it another second, pick up your phone and curse at us. Go outside and scream. Take a HOT soaking bath. Do whatever it takes to give yourself a little more distance.

You can and will do this. You are much much stronger than you might think.

And I am proud of you for not only squaring up this manufactured garbage but you are winning.

Please stick with it and continue to post. It helps so much.

Max