Suboxone
    Mikeski91 is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone

Okay decided to make a new post about this.
    I have been addicted to percs for about 14 months. Started at around 30mg and gradually made it to 60mg a day. And I have a horrible success rate with cold turkey. So I'm considering suboxone. I'm seeing horror stories and I'm seeing success stories. There seems to be no inbetween. I've seen people say they've been on it for 2 plus years. I'm unsure how it works but I don't want to be on this long. And as far as withdrawal I heard its worse than perc withdrawal. I don't need to jump off of percs to something worse. Can somebody explain exactly the purpose of subs and how short of a time can I be on them?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeski91 View Post
    Okay decided to make a new post about this.
    I have been addicted to percs for about 14 months. Started at around 30mg and gradually made it to 60mg a day. And I have a horrible success rate with cold turkey. So I'm considering suboxone. I'm seeing horror stories and I'm seeing success stories. There seems to be no inbetween. I've seen people say they've been on it for 2 plus years. I'm unsure how it works but I don't want to be on this long. And as far as withdrawal I heard its worse than perc withdrawal. I don't need to jump off of percs to something worse. Can somebody explain exactly the purpose of subs and how short of a time can I be on them?
    Mike - you have 4 different threads now. Please stay on one thread, it makes it very confusing for people here to follow you and stay up to date on what's going on with you! You already have people leaving replies for you on the other threads, this builds the story so others can advise you based on what others have already recommended?

All the questions you are asking have been addressed in your other threads.

Robert's sub therapy/taper plan as already explained last roughly 2 months, once you are stable you will be gradually reducing your dose so that you experience the very least amount of withdrawal when you make the final jump off the subs! Suboxone therapy gives you time away from your addiction and curbs cravings without going through full blown opiate withdrawal which in your case would be the percs. I urge you to go back to the thread pasted below and stay on that one only, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...ain-72294.html