Suboxone..A cure? A nightmare?
    Joned1985 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone..A cure? A nightmare?

I've read many stories of people getting off suboxone and I'd like to tell my story.

Hey im jon. I started messing with opiates in my early 20's (im 31 now) and wasn't big on them. Around 27 or 28 my girlfriend and I started getting a little heavy into them and after about 6 months of high, low, high, low we eventually decided to get onto suboxone. From the time we got on subs until now has been about 2 and a half years of just up hill living. Suboxone really helped me get my life straight and in that case it really was a cure. Until 5 nights ago. I was home drinking with my girl and her brother. I made what I'll forever refer to as the 10 minutes that has reruined my life. I've never had money but suboxone help me stay straight, get a good job, and I've saved money. In doing that I was able to fix the last big screw up From about 5 years ago when I got a dui, and I finally had gotten my license. Hell, I just bought a motorcycle a couple weeks ago to prepare for summer . Well 5 nights ago when I was at the best place in my life I went out to the store made it almost back but bam, second dui. In virginia when u get a dui you basically are on probation until your court date. Well I'm not prescribed suboxone, my girlfriend is. So of course I can't have weed alcohol or suboxone in my system. Sunday, the day after my arrest I did my usual 6mg. Monday I did 2mg and that will be the last time I'll ever do suboxone. Its now Thursday afternoon and I'm at about 72 hours suboxone free. Tuesday wasn't bad. Yesterday was emotionally ruthless. Today I'm an emotional wreck and restless leg has officially set in. I'd love to think things will get better from here but all the stories I've read lead me to believe this is just the beginning. I'm facing court, I've had my license taken away, and now going through the nightmare that is suboxone withdrawal. I could technically go to the doctor and get a suboxone prescription but I'm definitely going to go to jail for this dui for 10 days and I need to get through withdrawal before that happens. So here's to getting off suboxone cold turkey. All the stories I've read on here have lifted my spirits and I think I can make it through this. I'll post tomorrow all of my withdrawal effects for day 4. And then so on day after day after that. I hope this battle will have a happy successful ending and in turn my story will help others like other people on here have unknowingly helped me. To all of us who are doing this right now, or for those of you thinking about jumping off suboxone, WE CAN DO THIS!

Today is the beginning of day 4. Worste day by far. My depression is in full swing, diarrhea has kicked in. I have to run a department today because My boss is out. I've always been looked at as the work horse, full of energy, and motivation. This site is my only way of getting through this. Please don't think I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm not. I'm in a sense proud that I've jumped off at quite a high dose and I'm getting through it. I'll get back to work and talk more later.

NeedFreedom is offline New Member

Hey man, I'm up against 7 years of suboxone/subutex use at a high dosage. I am going through hell also. Sometimes I wonder if I will be chained to the clinic for the rest of my life.

I just try to remember that the brain and body is always trying to heal itself. I'm a young man, 28 years old. I will fight this as long as I have breath in my lungs. Let us know how you're doing.

Hey needfreedom what mg are you currently at? The decision to get off subs were in the back of my mind for a while but I didn't realize I was going to have to start now. I wish I could have decided on my own but because of this second dui I know if I don't get as low as I possibly can, when I have to do my 10 days in jail I'll not only be going through hell, I'll be going through hell in hell, so I've done quite a rapid taper. Those first 4 days of no sub was no joke. Thought I could power through the withdrawals but no. This website really is a great community of support. I'm not at all a fan of na or aa but this is just what I need. I wish you nothing the best.

Anonymous Guest

Hi. I'm sorry you have to quit sub so abruptly. The drs. way over perscribe and this is what happens. I hope you get through this ok. I wish more people knew they can get away with a lower dose. Please keep us posted on how you're feeling and good luck with everything. I wish I had advice for you but there's a few people on here that know alot about CT and I'm sure they can help.