Suboxone Help! ASAP
    whatslove1202 is offline New Member

Unhappy Suboxone Help! ASAP

Hello,
    I'm looking for some advice & I'm hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction...

On Thursday 1/5/17 I decided that my addiction to Percocets (10/325) needed to come to an end. I was taking anywhere from 15-20 pills a day. Finally, Someone introduced me to Suboxone because they were going through opiate withdrawals & that's what an impatient detox recommended. I was able to obtain some 8mg strips of Suboxone (unfortunately without prescription).

I started my induction on Saturday 1/7/17 in the morning. I started with 2mg & it didn't seem to cut it for me. I waited an hour and took another 2mg. I was finally stable with 4mg & felt relieved. That night I took another 4mg & tried to sleep as much as my mind would let me.

On Sunday 1/8/17 I took 2mg in the morning and then another 2mg in the evening. By around 8pm I was having the worst cold sweats, my body was sore & my head was pounding. It felt like I had come down with the flu. It wasn't that unbearable because I was able to go without another dose of Sub until the next day.

On Monday 1/9/17 I started with 2mg in the morning. I took 1mg in the afternoon & then another 1mg at night. I repeated the same dose again on Tuesday & again today.

My question is, what is the BEST way to taper off the subs as quickly as possible without feeling excruciating withdrawals? I'm so sorry for the long rant but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. I'm so determined to get my life back after wreaking so much havoc over the past year & change.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by whatslove1202 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking for some advice & I'm hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction...

On Thursday 1/5/17 I decided that my addiction to Percocets (10/325) needed to come to an end. I was taking anywhere from 15-20 pills a day. Finally, Someone introduced me to Suboxone because they were going through opiate withdrawals & that's what an impatient detox recommended. I was able to obtain some 8mg strips of Suboxone (unfortunately without prescription).

I started my induction on Saturday 1/7/17 in the morning. I started with 2mg & it didn't seem to cut it for me. I waited an hour and took another 2mg. I was finally stable with 4mg & felt relieved. That night I took another 4mg & tried to sleep as much as my mind would let me.

On Sunday 1/8/17 I took 2mg in the morning and then another 2mg in the evening. By around 8pm I was having the worst cold sweats, my body was sore & my head was pounding. It felt like I had come down with the flu. It wasn't that unbearable because I was able to go without another dose of Sub until the next day.

On Monday 1/9/17 I started with 2mg in the morning. I took 1mg in the afternoon & then another 1mg at night. I repeated the same dose again on Tuesday & again today.

My question is, what is the BEST way to taper off the subs as quickly as possible without feeling excruciating withdrawals? I'm so sorry for the long rant but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. I'm so determined to get my life back after wreaking so much havoc over the past year & change.
    Speaking from personal experience, YOU FOR SURE don't want to take more than what you currently are, bc the sub cycle is just like the pill cycle. I went from taking 1 strip a day to making a strip last 7 days; some weeks 10 days. Then I just stopped and the physical wd's were minimal meaning I only dealt with sneezing and the chills. The more I read on here the more I see that I was probably the exception not the rule. I dated a nurse a few years ago who deals with addiction and the mentally ill and they would only give pill addicts subs for like a week to detox, and very small amounts. Less is more with this s!^%.. If you can start to stretch out the doses eg. skip the am dose and take dose in the pm or vice versa that would also help you coming off of them. If you can skip entire days that would be beneficial as well. 4mg of subs doesn't seem like much but it's a pretty good amount. Most on here will tell you to decrease by 25% every 3-4 days which probably will be a good base to start with. Getting your mind in a clear and healthy place is paramount. Best of luck..

whatslove1202 is offline New Member

PensFan,

Thank you so much for your reply. This definitely isn't easy. I've never gone through withdrawals period. With the exception of my induction. Can you give me an example of your taper method? My friend who introduced me to subs was only on them for 3/4 days 2 mg / 3 times a day. And he was fine. Since it took 4mg to get me stable I'm not so sure where to go from here

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by whatslove1202 View Post
    PensFan,

Thank you so much for your reply. This definitely isn't easy. I've never gone through withdrawals period. With the exception of my induction. Can you give me an example of your taper method? My friend who introduced me to subs was only on them for 3/4 days 2 mg / 3 times a day. And he was fine. Since it took 4mg to get me stable I'm not so sure where to go from here
    If you read my forum it has what I did on there... In brief, I was on subs for almost exactly 4 years when I, decided that I, had enough of being addicted to opiates/opiods. I'm, not sure why Oct 2015 was the time that my brain decided that enough was enough but something clicked. I went from taking 1 strip a day to making a strip last 7 sometimes 10 days. I don't know what % that is; maybe 1-2 mg. That 1st month kinda sucked but smoking green helped a lot. Sub strips are rarely 4mg on each side if you cut them down the middle according to a pharmacist I know. It's called dose dumping. Sometimes it will be 4mg on each side, and others it will be 5mg/3mg. The ratio difference isn't much more than 5/3 though. I took that small amount for about 10 months and then I realized one day at like 10-11pm that I hadn't taken any sub that day and I just stopped taking them for 12 days. During these 12 days my physical wd's were nonexistent compared to the horror stories I've heard/read. On day 12 my mind started playing the usual tricks and I started taking the same amount that I had for the previous 10 months or so. This went on from Aug until Nov when I again decided to stop. That was 61 days ago and it's the best decision that I've ever made. I can't stress it enough but your mind has to be in a clear place and you have to want to stop. The shorter the amount of time that you're on subs the easier it is to stop doing them. The less you take the easier it is to stop as well. How long were you doing pills for? That also is gonna make a difference. If you're still chasing the high it's not gonna be easy to stop.