Suboxone and high blood sugar
    Ladyshe is offline New Member

Default Suboxone and high blood sugar

Hello I am new to Suboxone, I have been taking it for 10 days. I take 2 8 mg films in the am. Things were going quite well. I went to the doctor today and I was prescribed Prednisone and azithromycin for bronchitis. While picking up my meds I decided to buy a blood glucose monitor. I know I am a special kind of stupid, I stopped going to the doctor when I got hooked on pain killers 2 years ago. My sugar was always a little bit high. Anyway I got the monitor and my sugar is 475. That scares the >>>> out of me. I have been reading about steroids and Suboxone effect on blood sugar. I read this forum daily ,sometimes for hours and I know you good people have a lot of knowledge and experience. Someone please help me. Just being new to Suboxone is scary, I live alone and have 0 support from friends and family and need someone to talk to. Thank you in advance for any help.

meg_a_tarian is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshe View Post
    Hello I am new to Suboxone, I have been taking it for 10 days. I take 2 8 mg films in the am. Things were going quite well. I went to the doctor today and I was prescribed Prednisone and azithromycin for bronchitis. While picking up my meds I decided to buy a blood glucose monitor. I know I am a special kind of stupid, I stopped going to the doctor when I got hooked on pain killers 2 years ago. My sugar was always a little bit high. Anyway I got the monitor and my sugar is 475. That scares the >>>> out of me. I have been reading about steroids and Suboxone effect on blood sugar. I read this forum daily ,sometimes for hours and I know you good people have a lot of knowledge and experience. Someone please help me. Just being new to Suboxone is scary, I live alone and have 0 support from friends and family and need someone to talk to. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Hi there,

That is a scary high number. Granted that prednisone can cause drug-induced diabetes (and I'd hope that is the case because it's possible for it to be easily reversible). I was told by my Dr that (fasting or non-fasting) blood sugar over 300 is an automatic diabetes diagnosis. Please take care of yourself and see a doctor about it.