Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree339Likes
Suboxone Jump - I'm Taking My Life Back
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Yep.... Proud of you.....
    And it just keeps getting better my friend...
    Keep me updated on your new clean life

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Congratulations on 6 months buddy!!! So proud of you!! I'm very pleased that those private contractors I hired were able to get the job done and knock you off your mailbox soapbox. Lol.

Have a great day my friend
    Beef

8 months today huh buddy!!!! That's amazing. Just wanted to send a big congratulations your way. So happy for you!! How's the family doing? Hope all is well on the west coast.

Have an amazing night!
    Beef

10years39days is offline Member

I can't believe it's been nearly 10 months since I took the jump from Suboxone! Here's a very brief update:

Physical Stuff: Still sneezing like crazy, varies by the day. I don't think I've shared this next part with the forum, but I started going to the gym steadily around 6 or 7 months ago. I was a really skinny dude. Since then, I've gained around 33 pounds. This, besides the task of overcoming withdrawals, is my greatest accomplishment throughout this process. My diet is so much better, and I just feel better/healthier.

Mental Stuff: Mostly good days with a few "bad" days sprinkled in. But honestly, the bad days are consistently less intense as time moves on. I can still tell that my brain is confused sometimes. But it's all part of the process.

General Stuff: Overall, I'm incredibly happy and satisfied with my progress. This has been, and continues to be, a very humbling process. I still think about Suboxone on a daily basis, but mostly I'm just thinking about how awesome it is to be free from it. I do not miss it at all, and that is 100% honest.

I'll leave it at that for now. Hope y'all are doing well.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

RiWe is offline New Member

Hi, I just wanted to congratulate you with your big accomplishment, and freedom from the slavery of Buprenorphine! Your thread was a big inspiration in my own battle with breaking free from Subutex. All you people in here, who are sharing your experiences, and giving tips on how to do this safe, I am so grateful! Without your contribution I wouldn't have been able to share this good news myself: I am finally free! Startet Methadone treatment for opiate addiction in June of 1999. 190 mg pr day for 16 years. Then Buprenorphine (Subutex) for two years. Tapered down according to advice on this site, and now I have been clean for 2 months. Some discomfort still, but way better than on the poison. Thanks! Greetings from Norway.

Great update 10....

Quote Originally Posted by RiWe View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to congratulate you with your big accomplishment, and freedom from the slavery of Buprenorphine! Your thread was a big inspiration in my own battle with breaking free from Subutex. All you people in here, who are sharing your experiences, and giving tips on how to do this safe, I am so grateful! Without your contribution I wouldn't have been able to share this good news myself: I am finally free! Startet Methadone treatment for opiate addiction in June of 1999. 190 mg pr day for 16 years. Then Buprenorphine (Subutex) for two years. Tapered down according to advice on this site, and now I have been clean for 2 months. Some discomfort still, but way better than on the poison. Thanks! Greetings from Norway.
    Congratulations to you on two months clean...
    Its great to hear success stories...
    Hopefully one day you can start a thread and share your story to help the next still sick and suffering addict.

RiWe is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Congratulations to you on two months clean...
    Its great to hear success stories...
    Hopefully one day you can start a thread and share your story to help the next still sick and suffering addict.
    Thanks! While I was tapering, and right after the jump, I had no energy to even think about writing about my experiences. I have a few friends who asked for advice in regards to tapering, and quitting. I referred to this site and the many helpful threads, as yours here 10. But not all Norwegians are comfortable reading in English. So maybe I should consider finding a platform to reach out to my fellow Norwegian suffering addicts. Positive feedback, constructive advice, and shared experiences are so important. It's 4:10 am over here, try to get som sleep maybe. Wish you all the very best, a good day, and a happy drugfree life ❤️
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks RiWe. I’m glad my Thread was able to help. I also hope you’ve taken the time to read Beefs Thread, Max’s Thread, and Randy’s Thread. Really good stuff.

11 months clean! I actually can’t believe it. In December it’ll be a year...and I’m baking another cake. A smaller cake, because I want to eat the whole darn thing.

Physical update: Sneezes and some minor sleep issues. I’m curious to know if Beef or Max are still sneezing or not. :-)

Mental/emotional update: 10 good days for every 1 bad day. That’s not exact, but it’s a representation of what I’ve been experiencing. But the bad days, I can honestly say, are getting better in terms of frequency and severity. My brain is still rewiring after being a slave to Suboxone for over 10 years. And I’m okay with that. Truly.

I hope everyone is well and able to feel thankful about something this year.

-10years

10. Congratulations and happy belated thanksgiving. I hope you has an amazing day. Coming up on a year huh. Where does the time go. Seems like its flying by now, where we used to count days, hours, and minutes. Things are going great down here. Moved the family back to FL. K and the kid loved the time we spent down here last year so we just had to pull the trigger. Its nice being closer to family also. Got a new job working for the post office after a very wise friend told me they were hiring. Really happy that i don't have to go back to managing restaurants. Pay was good but there wasn't much quality of life there. And thats what it's all about right?

Sleep; i continue to struggle with sleep. I don't have problems falling asleep, however i will wake up several times throughout the night. My new me is limited to several naps a night. But I'm good with it. I don't get sleepy during the day, but i do sometimes take an afternoon nap like a 90 year old man.

Sneezing: Yup, still sneeze most days, id say 5days out of the week. Usually have 2 with no sneezes. I also have a dry cough that persists, but i recently found out that is one of the side effects from the bp meds i take, so i cand blame that on the opiates anymore.

I'm glad you poked your head in. You sound great! Hope the family's doing well.

Proud of you buddy
    Beef

Beef,

That's awesome to hear about the new job! I was paying attention to your thread and I was wondering how that was going to work out. The benefits are awesome, right? Get that guvment money. Have you started yet? Will you be on a residential or commercial route?

Family is doing well. Hope yours is as well. Getting geared up for Christmas. Last year at Christmas I was 2 or 3 days into my jump/wd. So, needless to say, this year will be different. But last year was unforgettable...and that feeling of joyful despair will stay with me for the rest of my life. Christmas has always been special...but now it's on another level of special.

I'll check back in on 12/20 and we can talk about that cake.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Man do I owe you an apology.

I am so proud of you for inching closer to that one year mark!

Amazing man!!

Sorry for the delay. I can be such a self absorbed tool.

15 Month Update:

Wow, it's been a while since I posted on here. The past 15 months have been the most amazing, humbling, mind-blowing experience. Every day is a new step forward in the right direction. Some days I feel like I need to pinch myself...because it's so hard to believe that I've been clean for this long. This process has been transformative, to say the least.

For those of you who are interested, here's an update of my physical and emotional symptoms:

Physical Symptoms: Still sneezing a lot. I would really, really, really like to have a better understanding of the physiology that causes this symptom. Before I jumped from Suboxone, I would rarely sneeze...and my sneezes were not intense. Now, I sneeze at least 7 to 10 times a day...and the sneezes are gigantic. Like...explosive. As for other symptoms, I think it's important to touch on the positive ones. One of the best things about being clean is the energy that I have. When I was on Suboxone, I had to nap at least once per day. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Now that I'm clean, I almost never nap. I wake up with more energy...which is awesome. The other interesting thing is that I go to bed waaaay earlier now that I used to. It's as though my life used to be upside-down, and now it's right-side-up.

Emotional Symptoms: I'm actually glad that I waited a few months for this update. My emotions are starting to stabilize. It's hard to see the improvements on a day-to-day basis, but I can definitely sense the improvement on a month-to-month basis. The best way I can explain it is this way: Some days I wake up with enough serotonin to make it through the day...and other days I don't. Some days I wake up and my serotonin tank is empty. When that happens, it takes a day or two to climb out of the funk. If I was forced to average it out, I would say that 65% of my days are great, 30% of my days are "just okay"...and 5% of my days suck a little bit.

Around January, 2019, I was considering seeing a psychiatrist to look into anti-depressants. But then I read an article about long-term opiate abuse and PAWs, and it said that it could take 2 years for my brain to get back to "normal". I'm so glad that I didn't go and see the psychiatrist because, let's be honest, I just need my brain to heal naturally. Some days are a struggle, but I honestly believe that my body needs to struggle a little bit in order to grow stronger.

If anyone reading this is struggling with addiction: You have the power to overcome this. The first few days are a physical struggle. The first month is an emotional battle. The first 6 months are liberating. The first year is life changing.

Be patient with the process...you will never escape what is happening "right now". So accept each challenge as it comes up, and don't look too far ahead.

Other than that, I'm very excited for spring and summer. We are heading to Hawaii next week for a two week vacation.

Y'all take care.
    -10years

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    15 Month Update:

Wow, it's been a while since I posted on here. The past 15 months have been the most amazing, humbling, mind-blowing experience. Every day is a new step forward in the right direction. Some days I feel like I need to pinch myself...because it's so hard to believe that I've been clean for this long. This process has been transformative, to say the least.

For those of you who are interested, here's an update of my physical and emotional symptoms:

Physical Symptoms: Still sneezing a lot. I would really, really, really like to have a better understanding of the physiology that causes this symptom. Before I jumped from Suboxone, I would rarely sneeze...and my sneezes were not intense. Now, I sneeze at least 7 to 10 times a day...and the sneezes are gigantic. Like...explosive. As for other symptoms, I think it's important to touch on the positive ones. One of the best things about being clean is the energy that I have. When I was on Suboxone, I had to nap at least once per day. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Now that I'm clean, I almost never nap. I wake up with more energy...which is awesome. The other interesting thing is that I go to bed waaaay earlier now that I used to. It's as though my life used to be upside-down, and now it's right-side-up.

Emotional Symptoms: I'm actually glad that I waited a few months for this update. My emotions are starting to stabilize. It's hard to see the improvements on a day-to-day basis, but I can definitely sense the improvement on a month-to-month basis. The best way I can explain it is this way: Some days I wake up with enough serotonin to make it through the day...and other days I don't. Some days I wake up and my serotonin tank is empty. When that happens, it takes a day or two to climb out of the funk. If I was forced to average it out, I would say that 65% of my days are great, 30% of my days are "just okay"...and 5% of my days suck a little bit.

Around January, 2019, I was considering seeing a psychiatrist to look into anti-depressants. But then I read an article about long-term opiate abuse and PAWs, and it said that it could take 2 years for my brain to get back to "normal". I'm so glad that I didn't go and see the psychiatrist because, let's be honest, I just need my brain to heal naturally. Some days are a struggle, but I honestly believe that my body needs to struggle a little bit in order to grow stronger.

If anyone reading this is struggling with addiction: You have the power to overcome this. The first few days are a physical struggle. The first month is an emotional battle. The first 6 months are liberating. The first year is life changing.

Be patient with the process...you will never escape what is happening "right now". So accept each challenge as it comes up, and don't look too far ahead.

Other than that, I'm very excited for spring and summer. We are heading to Hawaii next week for a two week vacation.

Y'all take care.
    -10years
    Great post my friend!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you. Get some tissues for those explosive sneezes. Mine have seemed to calm down. Still get 1-2 a day though. Hawaii huh. I'm very jealous!! Hope you have a great time. You deserve it!! Keep fighting the good fight. It keeps getting better!!

Lvg says congratulations and she is proud of you as well!!

Have a great day my friend!!
    Beef

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011