Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree341Likes
Suboxone Jump - I'm Taking My Life Back
    Anonymous Guest

Hi 10! I can appreciate the restlessness during withdrawals. Not just RLS, but feeling like I was climbing the walls, or about to. I eventually found a way to just accept it, whether it was 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. I paced a lot, and sometimes just stood in one spot for 20 my minutes at a time.

My moods were pretty extreme at first, getting tears at happy stuff, laughing at wicked stuff, anger over neutral stuff. It seemed to stabilize about the time my sleep started to return to normal, 3-4 weeks in.

You’re doing something amazing. Congrats and keep at it.

10years39days is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMojo View Post
    Hi 10! I can appreciate the restlessness during withdrawals. Not just RLS, but feeling like I was climbing the walls, or about to. I eventually found a way to just accept it, whether it was 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. I paced a lot, and sometimes just stood in one spot for 20 my minutes at a time.

My moods were pretty extreme at first, getting tears at happy stuff, laughing at wicked stuff, anger over neutral stuff. It seemed to stabilize about the time my sleep started to return to normal, 3-4 weeks in.

You’re doing something amazing. Congrats and keep at it.
    Thanks, Major! Oh man...pacing, standing, sitting, stretching...repeat. Hylands Restful legs helps, and so does the Ondansetron.

Yesterday was a rough, rough day. I had this massive anxiety attack that crippled me emotionally for at least an hour. My wife was there to help, but there wasn’t much she could do unfortunately. Every day is a battle against myself, but I’m keeping an overall positive attitude and I know this will be over soon’ish.

If I compare how I was feeling 4 days ago, there’s definitely massive improvement. I’m assuming this will continue to get better with setbacks sprinkled randomly over the next few weeks.

Cravings have been minimal, if nonexistent, over the past few days. Sometimes I have a random though like, “this pain could completely disappear” if I took some Suboxone...but then my sober thinking kicks in and makes the better/right decision.

Can’t believe I survived the hectic, non-stop holiday weekend. Crazy and unforgettable.
    Beefaroni7272 and eazzye like this.

...7 days clean! Gonna have some war stories when this is all said and done. Withdrawal is such a strange, wicked thing. I’m looking forward to having the strength to say that I have conquered it. Soon enough, I’ll be there.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Hi 10 read thru the post I was on subs 2 1/2years 7 1/2 on other opiates mainly hydros. Sounds like your well on your way to quitting!!I nave been off them 1yr. 7 months now, This is much better than chasing drugs around and them totally dominating life. So that being said I hope it gives you strength, you got this hang tough it only improves, you will have good days and not so good days this is normal so don't think you need more drugs you don't IT WILL PASS. Give this shyt the ash kickin it deserves!! WDs will lessen and lessen it takes some time so hang tough. Look forward to the real you coming back you will like him I promise keep posting lots of good help from people who been there, not people who just read about it. Good luck hope this helps, This site really helped me when I needed it.

Day 8 - my lucky number and last night was actually really good. I slept 7 hours straight, so this is good news for today. I'm gonna take this little bit of positive momentum and try to keep it going all day. I'll post an update this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Day 8 - evening update. Today was a big, big improvement from yesterday. I think the extra sleep last night had a profound effect on my mood. My only real struggle today was failing to adequately maintain an appropriate level hydration. It’s almost as if the reduction of symptoms made me feel as if I didn’t need to hook up a Gatorade IV...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by zebra1961 View Post
    Hi 10 read thru the post I was on subs 2 1/2years 7 1/2 on other opiates mainly hydros. Sounds like your well on your way to quitting!!I nave been off them 1yr. 7 months now, This is much better than chasing drugs around and them totally dominating life. So that being said I hope it gives you strength, you got this hang tough it only improves, you will have good days and not so good days this is normal so don't think you need more drugs you don't IT WILL PASS. Give this shyt the ash kickin it deserves!! WDs will lessen and lessen it takes some time so hang tough. Look forward to the real you coming back you will like him I promise keep posting lots of good help from people who been there, not people who just read about it. Good luck hope this helps, This site really helped me when I needed it.
    Thanks, Zebra! These comments really do help me throughout the day...and beyond. Even though my thread is relatively short I still find myself reading back to before my jump. It all helps. ;-)

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello 10, I'm coming out of the shadows to tell you I am Proud of You. I've been following your progress and want to say congratulations....
    10years39days likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello 10, I'm coming out of the shadows to tell you I am Proud of You. I've been following your progress and want to say congratulations....
    Hey Lvg! This means a lot to me, thank you! You all are so supportive and it really does help. I had a good night’s sleep and today actually feels great. Although I’m feeling pretty good, I’m not letting my guard down just yet. I’m in it to win it!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Look at you sleeping good and all that stuff!! So happy for you!! It's a process as you know but you're killing it my friend. Just like you said don't let your guard down, the beast as Randy puts it is always there. Take it one at a time my friend!!

Proud of you!!
    Beef

Day 9 - morning update. This morning I woke up at 7am...for a grand total of 9 hours of sleep. Oh my goodness. I took Melatonin and Ibuprofen, which really isn’t anything new. RLS didn’t exist last night.

When I woke up at 7am I was like, “Um...I haven’t felt this good in at least 12 years”. I know that the feeling is convoluted and probably inaccurate...but it was a CLEAN feeling and emotion that made a difference. After getting ready for work, I walked out of the house and it was raining, and I smelled the air, all that stuff...it just felt good...and clean.

Got to work around 8am and got on with my day. Only experiencing minor chills so far, hardly noticeable. I can’t say whether or not I’m out of the woods, but honestly I don’t care. Today is all that matters, and today I’m feeling energized and ready for this new year and new beginning.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Yup Today. Good day to be Alive...

Lvg's got it. Enjoy today my friend! Live in the moment. Who knows when the ups and downs will or will not come. Don't think too far down the road. Just work on today. Enjoy all that it has to offer. You're doing great!! Keep up the good work. It only gets better!!!

Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-29-2017 at 06:10 PM.

I’m about to attack Day 10 like a boss. Woke up naturally at 7am on a Saturday...that’s not something I do. In the past, my son might wake me up before 8am but then I’d be in a trance on the couch. Today is different. Clean energy...I’m like a Tesla Roadster for today. Let’s see how long my charge lasts.
    Beefaroni7272 and eazzye like this.

Day 10 evening update - so today was awesome. I got up early, at breakfast early, did some chores, and then worked on some hobby stuff of mine. I build racing drones and I haven’t touched a soldering iron in weeks. Today I felt good enough to get a few things accomplished. All around great day.

Symptom wise, mostly just chills after 10am. Fatigue started to kick in around 7pm along with a little bit of anxiety. But honestly I think I’m just an anxious person...and that’s perfectly okay. No need to over analyze that.

Day 11 - morning update. Hmmm...and grrrh...last night sucked. Super bad RLS and insomnia. Probably didn’t close my eyes until at least 3am. Not sure what happened there...but today is okay. I think I went too hard yesterday. Got a lot of stuff done, but it appears there was a price to pay. Keeping that in mind today, and remembering that I’m only 11 days clean after being on this junk for 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Lvg's got it. Enjoy today my friend! Live in the moment. Who knows when the ups and downs will or will not come. Don't think too far down the road. Just work on today. Enjoy all that it has to offer. You're doing great!! Keep up the good work. It only gets better!!!

Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Beef - enjoy your New Year! You’ve got so much to look forward to! Thanks so much for your support. Your thread really/truly inspired me.

Glad I could help. Ups and downs buddy. Take it slow. One at a time. You're killing it. Happy new year. Gonna be a clean year!!! How awesome is that!!

Keep doing the next right thing
    Beef

Day 11 - evening update. So today was a mixed bag. I had enough energy to go visit a good friend, so that was nice. I was gonna go grocery shopping with my wife and the kiddo, but they spared me and went out on their own. #grateful

Pretty anxious/restless today. I think yesterday and today is a culmination of poor hydration over the past two days. I did much better job hydrating today, so hopefully it pays off.

Hoping for better sleep tonight, and I doubt I’m gonna make it to midnight :-(

Happy New Year! We all have so much to look forward to in 2018!!!

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Hey 10-

How are you feeling today?

Hoping you had rest over the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Hey 10-

How are you feeling today?

Hoping you had rest over the night.
    Hey Max - day 12 is off to an okay start. Last night was an improvement from the previous night. I woke up with RLS at 1:30am and it took about an hour to shake it off. So I probably got 7 hours of sleep, which all things considered is great. But it just didn’t feel like restful sleep.

We are heading to the beach today to celebrate New Years...it’s not warm by any means so I’m hoping that the chills are kept to a minimum.

Beach day huh!!! That's a brave move. How's the temp up there. When I went into work today it was 17 degrees. Jusssst a bit chilly in the N GA mountains. I could only imagine the wind on the beach. Glad to hear about the sleep and that rls is manageable. I know for me as soon as the legs started running i was done with sleep for that night. Ha. It gets better. Just think back to how you felt on day 3 and I know you'll feel better. I know it always made me feel better to go back and re read my first few posts. And then I realized its a process and it just takes time.

You're doing amazing!!!
    So happy for you!
    Beef

Thanks Beef - it’s mid 40’s here right now, a bit above average. Holy mid day depression. Got really sad around lunch time. Like...really sad. Trying to shark the funk right now but I feel like I’m dragging my family through the mud.

I know this is all temporary, and I’ve got so much to look forward to. But right now it’s hard. Roller coaster is diving today, maybe it’ll climb tomorrow. ;-)

Please don't feel alone in that regard.
    Know that I am in a suburb of Cincinnati feeling exactly the same way.

I just hope and pray for all our success stories.

Day 12 - evening update. I’m emotionally drained so I’m gonna keep this short. Today was bad, but not bad enough to tamper with my focus to beat this. I’m really hoping that tomorrow is a better day. I was on a roll there for a few days, and then it’s like I just drove off a cliff.

Fingers crossed for sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Please don't feel alone in that regard.
    Know that I am in a suburb of Cincinnati feeling exactly the same way.

I just hope and pray for all our success stories.
    Thanks Max - misery loves its company ;-) I’m hoping and praying for your success as well.

10-

Get any sleep last night? How are you feeling today?

Hey Max, thanks for asking! Last night was an improvement from the previous night. Minor RLS and a little bit of sweating around 1am, but I was able to shake it off in about an hour or less. So I probably got 7 hours which is good, and it felt a little more restful than previous nights. This morning I feel good. I think one key component is getting up and active as quickly as possible. On workdays that is easy-ish...but on days off it could potentially be a struggle. But for today, things are good.

Day 13 - morning update. Aside from some minor RLS and sweating around 1am, last night was okay. I'm really hoping that the good sleep serves me well today. Yesterday was a tough day, hoping for a good rebound today.

Hey does anybody know if it's possible to drink too much Gatorade? I'm actually being serious. I'm thinking I should cut down my G-rade consumption and start replacing it with more water. Since I'm no longer drinking soda (Mt. Dew), I don't necessarily feel the need to drink massive amounts of sugary drinks...but I know Gatorade is good for the electrolytes and that's about it. I read somewhere that too much Gatorade can lead to headaches and a few other symptoms, etc. Not sure if that's true or not...

Hmmm. Not sure about the headaches. If you feel like it's too much just split it up do half and half Gatorade and water. I would drink Gatorade at work and I've got a Brita pitcher at home so I'd just drink massive amounts of water at the house. Healthy balance I'm sure is good.

Hope you have a great day buddy. You're doing amazing!!
    Beef

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast