Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree341Likes
Suboxone Jump - I'm Taking My Life Back
    10years39days is offline Member

10,379 hours! That's 432.45833 Days! If you were to drive 60mph over that period of time you would travel 622,740 miles!

So yeah...that was completely pointless calculation. Congrats on one more day clean.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Too funny correct though. Hmmm figured out my clean date eh.
    Yes I have today clean

Unless my relapse voids that ha lol....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Lol. Another math nerd!! Welcome to the club buddy! I knew I liked you for some reason!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Lol. Another math nerd!! Welcome to the club buddy! I knew I liked you for some reason!!!
    Oh we are tight, Beef.

Day 21 - evening update. Today was great overall, minus a little bit of evening fatigue. I'm trying hard to quit my habit of being a night owl. Its 9:30pm here, and I'm planning on getting to sleep by 10pm. If that happens, I'm hoping to wake up at 6:30am to start the day with a light workout or at least a Red Bull. Get me some wings for the day.

Joking aside, guys I wish you knew me before all of this. The difference is like night and day.

Day 22 - got my 7 hours last night. Zero issues while asleep. Woke up when my first alarm went off, which is really good. My body is so much happier right now...for today :-) My only recent complaint is fatigue that I experience in the late-afternoon and early-evening. Then just after dinner I get a second wind. I'm wondering if I were to eat a larger snack around 3:00pm if that'd help. I'll do some tests in the name of science.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

10-

That is great news buddy! Really glad you got sleep. It's still hit or miss for me but today is three weeks.
    Soon we will hit that month mark. Really happy for you

Day 23 - time to whine. Insomnia was so strong last night. Absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention I'm getting sick. Just sucks because right now I'm inspired by progress, and being sick doesn't help me get a good "feel" on how things are going.

It'll be tough to not overanalyze...and Im really hoping this flu or cold is short lived.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello 10, all normal part of the process.. here we go "this too shall pass"
    One day at a time my friend...
    Yea congratulations day 23..

Walkley822 is offline Member

10 - I was sick this week too and it’s so hard NOT to over analyze your symptoms so I second you on that! Every chill, every second you spend sweating is analyzed. I hope you feel better very soon! Sounds like you’re doing amazing.

Hey 10. Good days and bad. You know how it goes. Soon they'll all be good. Keep your head up. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. Take it one at a time. You're doing sooooo good!!! Blast some music. Bang your head a little bit, dance around. You'll feel better. (May want to wait till after work for that)

You got this!
    Beef

Day 24 - thanks Beef! Yesterday ended up bring a good day. I started feeling better after noon. We went out to dinner with family and then we ended the night having an epic Nerf war at the in-laws house. Good fun with the kiddos. Eyes and limbs are all accounted for.

As for today, no real complaints. I got a full 8 hours last night...I was so tired it only made sense that I would sleep like a baby.

10- that's awesome!

Glad to hear you are getting that sleep.

Today is day 23 for me. I feel like the depression cloud finally lifted. Sorta settled in for a few days. Today is much much better.

Nerf war huh? That sounds like a lot of fun.

Hey Max! Glad the cloud is starting to go away!! Its a great feeling. I know there will be good days and bad days...but we just need to embrace the good ones as they come.

All we have is this moment.

Day 24 - evening update. Listening to my body and going to bed at 10:30pm...my body is tired but my mind wants to stay awake.

Today was a good day. Stayed hydrated, hung out with a buddy of mine, played outside with the kiddo for a while.

And this is no joke...it hit 65 degrees here today. Oregon in January...whoa. Perfectly sunny it felt like May.

Getting some sun helped...but it could e been a thunderstorm and I woulda been content.

Okay maybe 11:00pm. Its Saturday after all. ;-)

Serious Question:

I've noticed that so many veterans of this website have been around for a while. They are on the forum daily, in some cases after years of being clean. This is not a judgement, I hope that you know that. You guys are my heroes.

But my question is, for the veterans, why do you do it? Is it to pay it forward? Is it to remind yourself of your own struggles? Is it community service? Self therapy? What drives you to do this?

I've thought about this a lot. I want to be on this forum as long as possible...and I have been wondering how long that will be. As an addict, should I always keep this forum in the back of my mind?

Does it follow the idea that we are only clean for today, and that we must forever remain on both offense and defense to keep the whole thing balanced?

I'm sure appreciative of you guys. What keeps you from looking away?

Darn good question10 and I have thought the same and can't wait to hear the comments.

Well guys. I can't speak for the other members here, and I wouldn't consider myself a veteran by any means. (Tuesday marks 4 months clean for this guy!!!) For me this place is my new favorite thing. I can't seem to stay away, not that I'm trying to. I remember vividly my first post when I made my thread and how scary it was. I was literally shaking trying to put my thoughts, worries, fears and expectations into words with the hope someone would respond and give me some help. Carina was the first person to respond to me and the first time I read it I cried. She welcomed me, gave me some insight and hope and it was the best feeling in the world. If I can bring a fraction of that feeling to that one suffering addict it's a huge win in my book. This place has done so much for me and if I can give even a portion of that back to someone else I'll be happy!!

Every day is a blessing!!!
    I'll be here as much as I can.
    Beef

Well said, Beef. Just know that your response to me had a very similar effect. I will never forget this place.

Day 25 - its 9pm I'm Oregon and I'm so happy right now. My sister and her husband came into town and we did TopGolf. Not sure if you guys have heard of that but its a blast. If you would've asked me to swing a golf club three weeks ago, I probably would've swung it through a window.

So back to my story, the last time my sister saw me was at Christmas...a couple of days post jump. I was knee deep in withdrawals. When she saw me today, she could simply see the difference in my face and general complexion. She saw a new me. My personality was actually present and she could tell something was different. I can't wait to show off this transformation to other family members.

This sounds funny and maybe a little strange, but I find myself staring in the mirror...closely examining the "new me".

My eyes are the biggest change. My pupils, once barely visible, are now these perfect black discs that give my eyes more depth...

The whites of my eyes are actually white...like Ghost white. They used to be nearly bloodshot, hazy off white to reddish color...almost as if my head was constantly in a vice grip.

My eyes aren't dead anymore...its crazy to think that I have been transformed so much in the past few weeks. I wish I would've taken pictures each day and done a time lapse.

10-

Very descriptive my friend! I am so happy for you to notice those differences.
    Like you, I seemed to always have blood shot eyes no matter how many times I put eye drops in. I am relieved to find my own eyes returning to their normal white hue.

Sobriety gives us so many gifts.

Hoping you have a great day my friend!

Amazing what that new person looks like in the mirror through clear eyes!!! Cat once told me that we are butterflies. And all these changes are amazing!! It was the little things that amazed me the most. You're doing amazing and I'm so happy for you! Go ahead show off the new you!!

Have a great day buddy!
    Beef

Mamaonamission is offline New Member

Hey guys!
    10 & beef...I'm brand new here. And, I've got to tell you that just reading your comments back & forth have given me the incentive to make the jump soon, too. I have been on subs at a therapeutic level of 12 mg for 4 years. Here's the thing:
    There are lots of times and I mean lots that I can cut that 8mg strip in half and then half again, so essentially be at 2 mgs. and just take that and be more than fine all day. And, I do it as a test for myself. Like, is my need for taking 12mg daily TRULY what I need? Or, after 4 years of having this monkey on my back just a head game. Because, when I think about the subs for too long I'll get real anxious and take a full strip. But, if Im completely busy and doing a bunch of things or if work is really crazy, etc the subs dont even cross my mind.
    What I guess Im getting at is -do you think its time for me to talk with the doc, taper and start using amino acids, etc. Because I think it is. Im so ready to kick this money-making, legalized addiction once and for all. I've got much better things to spend my money & time on! I am a little nervous, which is why I want to talk to the doc about a taper. But Im ready to make this my 2018 goal. Kick these subs for good. Any insight is much appreciated. All of you are awesome! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaonamission View Post
    Hey guys!
    10 & beef...I'm brand new here. And, I've got to tell you that just reading your comments back & forth have given me the incentive to make the jump soon, too. I have been on subs at a therapeutic level of 12 mg for 4 years. Here's the thing:
    There are lots of times and I mean lots that I can cut that 8mg strip in half and then half again, so essentially be at 2 mgs. and just take that and be more than fine all day. And, I do it as a test for myself. Like, is my need for taking 12mg daily TRULY what I need? Or, after 4 years of having this monkey on my back just a head game. Because, when I think about the subs for too long I'll get real anxious and take a full strip. But, if Im completely busy and doing a bunch of things or if work is really crazy, etc the subs dont even cross my mind.
    What I guess Im getting at is -do you think its time for me to talk with the doc, taper and start using amino acids, etc. Because I think it is. Im so ready to kick this money-making, legalized addiction once and for all. I've got much better things to spend my money & time on! I am a little nervous, which is why I want to talk to the doc about a taper. But Im ready to make this my 2018 goal. Kick these subs for good. Any insight is much appreciated. All of you are awesome! xx
    Hey mamaonamission. Welcome to the forum!! We can definately help you get off the subs. There is a sub taper plan that this site uses to help people get clean and it has literally helped thousands get clean. Its on the suboxone treatment sub forum, the top thread marked sticky. You can skip the induction and go straight to tapering.

You definitely don't need to be taking 12mg/day. Your sub doctor experience is par for the course. All they have to do is take an 8 hour course taught by big pharma and then they can widely prescribe it. Most want us to be on the subs for life. Which is ridiculous. Don't take them on an as needed basis. They'll work best if you take half your dosage in the morning and the other half 8-10 hours after that. You said you feel good on 2mg. That's great!! So you'd take 1mg when you wake up and another 8-10 hours after that. Make sure you're stable 4-7 days then reduce by 25%. (1.5mg) .75 mg in the am, and ..75 in the pm. Stay there for 4-7 days then reduce again 25%. Rinse and repeat.

I'd recommend starting your own thread. There members can track your posts and leave comments and suggestions all in one place. Give us some background and I promise other members will come a running. This is a great place, and I can't tell you how happy I am that you found us.

Give that taper plan a good read!!! Maybe twice. And start that thread!! I'll be looking for it!

Again welcome and congratulations!
    Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaonamission View Post
    Hey guys!
    Hey Mama - I'm currently out running errands with the family but I will be back in a bit to post an actual reply.

In the meantime, as others will suggest, I think you should start your own official thread if you haven't already. Give some back story if you can. People will come to help!!

Mamaonamission - The advice you got from Beef is spot on. In my opinion, the 12mg dosage is way too much, especially for a long term situation. There is no physiological advantage to taking 12mg each day, and your mind might be telling you differently.

I was on 16mg for a long time, years, and after a while I started working my way down to 2mg a day. It wasn't hard to get to 2mg, but there was a minor mental hurdle to get there.

Once you go below 2mg, that's where the taper plan starts to get physically challenging. Then, it get more difficult as you dip below the 1mg milestone. Your body starts throwing a bit of a fit...but it mellows out as each taper stabilizes.

Once you go below 1mg, try to be as regimented as possible. At some point during the taper you'll need to move down to a once daily dose. Just take one dose in the morning. This is tough to handle at first, but it pays in the long run. If you can afford to go down to less than .25mg, I would strongly suggest it. I jumped at .13mg and I'm happy I did.

I hope you create your own thread! Post often and let us know how you're doing!

Day 26 - about to go to bed. Feeling a bit like a sick science experiment right now. Some sort of switch flipped in my head around dinner time....and it hasn't shut off.

I'm feeling borderline crazy, beyond sad, and beyond depressed. The only way I can properly describe it is "nothingness"...or at least that's the word I used when describing it to my wife.

Confusing and rough to deal with, but I remember that something like this happened a week or so ago. It went away eventually.

Its hard to feel optimistic or have a positive outlook when literally I feel nothing right now. I don't want or feel the need to take Suboxone...I'm coherent enough to know that isn't the right answer.

Against my better judgement, Im still typing. What is the right answer? Who knows, who cares.

I'm gonna regret typing all of this in the morning. But hey...who cares.

Anonymous Guest

Please never regret sharing how you feel here.

I know those feelings all too well. This is the danger zone, so to speak, when it can be easy to say to heck with it and go back to what you think will make it all better. I have been there and am there way too many times. Life gets ahold of us, at times, and shakes us to feel the way we do. I know for me, exercise is the only way out. It produces natural endorphins. I have taken 3 weeks off from work, finally, to taper and straighten myself out. A routine, and, most importantly, projects. Pleasure projects and projects that need to get done.

It is so easy to want to pull a blanket over our heads and lay on the couch. I think I have watched every SVSU episode out there. It just made me more depressed. You really have to pull hard. Some on here take an antidepressant. They swear by them. I, myself, did not have much luck with one I tried, but am told not one size fits all. Sometimes you just have to jump in and try them if you cannot get out of that fog.

I have been on here 3 years and not ashamed to admit it. My manta has always been never quit quitting. It's obvious I live by those words.

Please keep talking on here. It helps a lot of us and more who never post. It's a struggle, but you have seen people here who come out on the other side and it's a bright side. You are in a little funk right now, but I feel positive you will come out of it.

Try to get some sleep. I tried, but I swear I heard something like someone was trying to break in. I think I was dreaming. Now here I sit. I would not have got to reply to your post had I not had that dream. Sweet dreams.

Hope
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast