Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree341Likes
Suboxone Jump - I'm Taking My Life Back
    Maxheadrum is offline Member

Weird. I was in the middle of responding and guess I hit a button and it was gone.
    How old is your son?
    10years39days likes this.

10years39days is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello Friend -

Those little ones always speak the truth don't they. I can imagine how you felt in that moment. If it were me I might just say that I was taking some medication for.....my sore back, my headaches, the wrist I sprained the other day, my aching knees, etc, etc, etc. Just fill in the blank with any excuse you can think of, and say the meds you were taking could possibly produce some type of wd's if you didn't stop taking them slowly. Mention your son overheard your other half and you talking about it and he asked questions being the inquisitive boy that he is. Laugh, and leave it at that.

Randy
    Thanks, Randy! Yes, he’s at that age where he’s still learning what’s public and private information. I want to be open with my son, but I usually refrain from sharing “adult stuff” with him, and instead just defer to “ask me when you are old enough to drive a car”.

That’s all great advice. I have a little bit of time to think it through because we won’t see them until the first week in February.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxheadrum View Post
    Weird. I was in the middle of responding and guess I hit a button and it was gone.
    How old is your son?
    Hey Max - he’s 7 and can’t keep a secret to save his life.

Day 33 - didn’t sleep well last night. I think it was stress and anxiety related. Woke up around 1am sweating and had minor RLS. I took some Hylands restful legs and it went away within an hour.

Hard to say if this was a product of stress or just part of the process.

It’s hardly a setback, so I’m not gonna whine about it. I had a great weekend, and honestly the past week has been great too.

Everything seems fine today. When looking at the big picture, I have zero doubts that the future is looking bright!

MamaMimi18 is offline Junior Member

So inspiring 7 days. As I lay here’s in my tub soaking for the 3 time today I feel like I can do this too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMimi18 View Post
    So inspiring 7 days. As I lay here’s in my tub soaking for the 3 time today I feel like I can do this too!!!!
    You can do this! You’re on day 7? That’s great! Have you started your own thread yet? You’ll get tons of support, I promise. I’m on day 33 and I’ve relied heavily on folks like Beef, Randy, Lvg, Max and others. This forum is amazing! Best of wishes and I hope to read more about your progress.

I have never ever done this before. So I don’t know about starting a thread. I have read your posts and it’s truly inspiring. Actually I starting tapering down the first of last week and yesterday was my first full day of no Oxycodone. I have been in a pain management program for 8 years. Recently I started feeling so guilty about taking these pills I was tired of feeling judged. I followed my rx and all the rules but I felt like the pills were getting to important in my life and I was noticing I wasn’t as social as I used to be. I have tried to stop before but couldn’t seem to do it. I have been seeing a chiropractor who hasn’t helped me so much with my back pain and I just don’t want poison in my body anymore. I feel fatigued today and my blood pressure was super high. Pain doc sent me to my family doctor and he put me on blood pressure meds for two weeks. He figures the high B.P. Is just from dependence if the opiate. I have been drinking passionflower tea and taking some passionflower pills. I had an rx that I could have filled in 2/4 but I am so dedicated to stopping that I took it back to pain doc just so I wouldn’t be tempted. I’m gonna get this >>>> out of my body and live a good life.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2018 at 06:55 PM.

10-
    Delicate question and I wish I had an answer for you and me both. The best news possible is that you and you alone have made a choice to stop putting poison in your body. We all know the strength and resolve that takes to get up each day and face it with sobriety.

I don't know what you should say to your in laws but I know this...whatever you decide will be the absolute right thing to say because of the beast you have slain.

I applaud you and no matter what they think, we all know you are tough as nails.

And for your little 10, I know that your son needs a clean and sober dad to be PRESENT in his life and that my friend is what you are now giving him.

Words are cheap...it's our actions that our children judge us upon.
    And as Beef says, you are EXACTLY where you need to be!

And Mama-
    Keep soaking in that tub. Get up and walk around and when u get tired, hit that tub again. I know these early days seem like climbing K2 every second at times.

Just know that your brain has a large part of it literally fighting for your sobriety.

Don't deny it a second longer. Let that feeling cover you like a warm blanket.

There is a part of all of us that knows what it's like to use. But there's an ever present postivie chi in each one of us that knows...really knows that we were not made to have these foreign chemicals in us and that we all have the strength to allow ourselves to love a happy sober life.
    As 10 said- keep that daily diary and create your own thread. Do that for YOU and you will see the overwhelming love and support your fellow addicts will give right back to you.

Max - you are such an awesome person to have on the forum. So inspiring. Thank you!

Mama - keep on keeping on! Glad to see you started your own thread. The cavalry will keep on coming!

Day 33 - evening update. Heading off to bed so gonna keep this short. Today was great in terms of symptoms. My anxiety started to get better as the day passed, and I’m cozy now. Ready for sleep...and ready for day 34.

I didn’t do the best job of hydrating today so I’m gonna pay for it in the morning. Chugging water as we speak. Glug, glug, glugggg.

Thanks so much Max. I can do this!!!

Thanks 10. The thread was to hard. Definitely not the hardest thing I’ve had to do the last few days. Gonna keep plugging away. You keep up the great work. You were my inspiration to start writing in here. We can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMimi18 View Post
    Thanks 10. The thread was to hard. Definitely not the hardest thing I’ve had to do the last few days. Gonna keep plugging away. You keep up the great work. You were my inspiration to start writing in here. We can do this.
    Mama - I'm happy to hear that! This place is built on inspiration and hope. I was inspired by Beef...his thread brought me to tears on several occasions. Then, Randy pushed me over the edge to jump. Of course he wasn't pressuring me...but I feel like I gained the confidence through his words. In more ways than one, we are all learning from each other.

Keep your chin up and remember that this is your choice. You have control over the situation. You want this more than anything, and you're willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. Take good care of your body (and mind), and keep on soaking in that tub as much as you need. It all helps.

Thank you 10. I'm just trying my best to keep myself and others focused on the right things.

Really enjoy reading about your journey.

What a story!

Day 34 - super busy day at work. Came home and just crashed (in a relieving sort of way). Overall today was great. The best part was the lack of chills. Maybe only had two or three little spurts of chills...so that is something new.

Tonight was a fatigue fest. Just worn out. Hoping tonight treats me well.

Y’all take care.

How's the sleep coming?

Hopefully you got that rest

Hey Max! Got a full 8 hours last night. How about you?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

That's what I'm talking about!!! Congratulations big guy!! Killing it!!

I am so jealous of your sleep but so very happy for you at the same time. I started feeling tired around 9 so I got all snuggled in my covers. Not happening!!!!!! I think 4 am was when i fell asleep. I didn’t even get up this am with my step daughter this am. She’s 17 so no need. I am dragging a bit right now. Drinking some strong coffee. Bought all the supplements from the Thomas recipe BUT I can’t take anything on an empty stopmach. Ate a banana then gonna tackle these horse pills. Feel pretty good actually. Have an awesome day.

10-

There you go! Beautiful sleep..nothing like it!

Sleep is pretty Normal for me now.

I honesty don't feel much of any physical symptoms anymore. Thanking God for
    That!

Day 35 - everything’s looking good here. Today I’m feeling great overall, but honestly this rainy weather is getting to me. I want some sun, dang it. Seriously spring can’t arrive soon enough.

I think I’m gonna go fishing this weekend...might as well be soaking wet if it’s not gonna stop raining.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Man, fishing does sound like a good idea. That could be my plan for Sunday. Thanks 10!!

Fishing is a great idea!

I'm with ya 10. Sunshine is needed

I’m gonna stop vaping guys. It’s time. Let’s see how this goes. I figured now would be a good time, since I’m not 100% symptom free (from quitting Subs). Maybe the symptoms will cancel each other out...lol.

I am strong. Gonna keep telling myself that.

I’ll tell you what...my body is probably gonna be in “wtf” mode.

Wavision is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    I’ll tell you what...my body is probably gonna be in “wtf” mode.
    Oh man.... I haven't got that far yet, but that's next on my list too.

Good news is I haven't smoked a cigarette in like 5 years. Bad news is I feel like I have that damn vape in my mouth all day.

Back when I did smoke it was like a pack every 2-2.5 days, so I'm sure I'm doing more damage by vaping non stop. I'm down to 1.5mg of nicotine, so I guess I've tapered as low as I can go. Now I just need to stop buying juices that taste so damn good...

Good luck!

I hear you Wavision. All day long...especially at home...this thing is in my mouth. My wife quit smoking about 5 years ago so hopefully I get some sympathy. Lol.

10-

You got this man! After the journey you've been on, it's utterly amazing to me how when an addict gets off the junk they get super health conscious.

I quit smoking for 3 years but I've been smoking again since 2013.

So it's time for me too to drop those nasty things and get on with being as healthy as can be.

This ain’t gonna be easy. Relapsed (vaping/nicotine) after about 6 hours. Gonna re-evaluate and try again tomorrow. Dang it.

I’m still strong ;-)

Beef - any words of wisdom for a brotha?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast