Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree23Likes
  • 3 Post By Catrina
  • 3 Post By Randy35
  • 3 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Shawnamama
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 3 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 3 Post By Catrina
Suboxone & precipitated w/d. Not feeling bad quick enough.
  1. #1
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default Suboxone & precipitated w/d. Not feeling bad quick enough.

    Hey guys and gals!

    I'm new here. I've been researching subs for quite some time. I don't want to be on them long but I need to get my bearings because I crave them so bad. I have a bad habit even though it's not as bad as some I've read about
    Real quick: I've been taking Norcos and Perc's since 2009 everyday( not counting a 3 month break cold turkey about 3-4 years ago.)
    I take roughly 100-130mg a day. Today I took my last bit at 2pm (45mg) and I took Kratom tonight (not sure why)

    I got my subs about 2 1/2 weeks ago but didn't start because it took so long for me to get high on the cows scale so when my buddy called I didn't say no . That being said...

    My question: I was about 26 hours after my last dose and all I was feeling was some irritability and chills and slight sniffle forming... And of course CRAVINGS!!! Would it have been okay for me to start the subs or would/should I have still waited longer?
    This sucks so hard, some people say they only waited like 8/12/16 hours when some say they would wait 48 hours.
    for all I know though is they may have not waited as long but maybe they were in terrible w/d where as I was not.

    Anyone like me? Anyone with slight w/d start their subs? I know you all are probably wondering why I even want to start the subs if my detoxes are tolerable but it's because I feel if I don't start, I will just escalate, ya know? After I start I plan on starting one of those journals here....

    Also can I start at "night" if I start to feel like >>>> say around 3-4 am? Thanks!
    P.s- was anyone else scared to death of starting subs?

  2. #2
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Shoot. Wish I would have seen that suboxone hread. Should this be moved? I don't know how to move it, can an admin move it for me? Thanks!

  3. #3
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    Hey guys and gals!

    I'm new here. I've been researching subs for quite some time. I don't want to be on them long but I need to get my bearings because I crave them so bad. I have a bad habit even though it's not as bad as some I've read about
    Real quick: I've been taking Norcos and Perc's since 2009 everyday( not counting a 3 month break cold turkey about 3-4 years ago.)
    I take roughly 100-130mg a day. Today I took my last bit at 2pm (45mg) and I took Kratom tonight (not sure why)

    I got my subs about 2 1/2 weeks ago but didn't start because it took so long for me to get high on the cows scale so when my buddy called I didn't say no . That being said...

    My question: I was about 26 hours after my last dose and all I was feeling was some irritability and chills and slight sniffle forming... And of course CRAVINGS!!! Would it have been okay for me to start the subs or would/should I have still waited longer?
    This sucks so hard, some people say they only waited like 8/12/16 hours when some say they would wait 48 hours.
    for all I know though is they may have not waited as long but maybe they were in terrible w/d where as I was not.

    Anyone like me? Anyone with slight w/d start their subs? I know you all are probably wondering why I even want to start the subs if my detoxes are tolerable but it's because I feel if I don't start, I will just escalate, ya know? After I start I plan on starting one of those journals here....

    Also can I start at "night" if I start to feel like >>>> say around 3-4 am? Thanks!
    P.s- was anyone else scared to death of starting subs?
    You said "I'm new here"? You have six other threads besides this new one you just started dating back to October 2014! I assume you are still pregnant but you made no mention of that here in this new thread? You said you were 5 weeks along on 10/24/2016?

    I see that you're still messing around with the Kratom as well! I highly encourage you to go back to your last thread and read all the replies from Randy? He is very, very knowledgeable and has given you the best advice possible! I wish you well...

    Here's a link to your last thread -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/pain-kil...elp-72213.html

  4. #4
    zebra1961 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    156

    Default starting subs

    You can start if feeling wds you will know quickly if its too soon, but i think if feeling wds its time to start. yes you can start at night. use them very short term [ like 2 weeks] or if you use them longer they are addictive also. Reread your old threads like Ricky71 said and you'll be okay.

  5. #5
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Yes, I realized later that I had posted here a few times in the past. SORRY! I'm apart of every drug community on the net and decided to ask this question on this forum
    Anyhow, I'm no longer pregnant and I don't need to talk about that or my use of Kratom. I am a Kratom user from time to time when I run out and I'm not going to apologize for that because 1. I don't have to and 2. I only use like 2 times a month and while I don't like it, it does the trick to keep me from going into withdrawal.

    My old threads have nothing to do with this new one. Do I need to sign up with a new name every time I ask about something new? I didn't think so but please advise me if I do. I'm sorry I'm just a little taken back that you felt the need to go through my old posts and the quote me on the. When they have nothing to do with this question.
    I honestly don't feel welcomed on this board and I feel judged because I don't hate Kratom like you all do.
    Please let me know if this is going to be a problem and I will go somewhere else because I don't have time for nonsense. Thanks! Lmk

  6. #6
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thanks zebra, at least you somewhat answered my question..even though the suggestion to read my old threads really gets me no where because none of those threads have anything to do with what I'm asking today.
    Are you two surprised that I have asked different questions throughout my addiction. It has been since 2009. Things change ya know? lots of different feelings approaches, circumstances etc...

  7. #7
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Hi Shawna and Welcome back. I remember you. I'm really sorry that you are still struggling. I most certainly know the feeling. If only we could just decide to quit and get clean and that would be that. Unfortunately, in most cases that's not the way it goes and we have round after round of trying to find a way to get it right. We also all know that there is more than one way to detox but it's not a one size fits all and after some practice, we know what doesn't work for us. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should abandon that method because we and our lives do change.

    OK. I have to say that I'm a strong advocate for cold turkey and I always recommend that no matter how big or small your habit is to give it a shot. I'm sure you've tried that and like me, you might make it a few days or actually get through the worst of it and then relapse days or weeks afterward. That's the cycle I was on for nearly 20 years. Countless detoxes and the same number of relapses minus one. I'm now clean for 7 years, YAY me. Having said that, if you feel like you've exhausted the other methods and they are just not doable for you, there's no shame in that. As long as you have the desire to do this and you're willing then you can do it.

    Do you have a prescription for the subs you have? I'm not judging. I'm just wondering if getting and having what you need to use them and taper with the least amount of discomfort is an issue for you. I read that in the past you were having trouble reaching that magic score of 26 on the COWS sheet. Were you taking any comfort meds while waiting to induct? ANY comfort meds will interrupt your progress on scoring. The quickest and most reliable way to get there is to allow yourself to get sick and take nothing, even over the counter things, that might help to give you some relief. As my friend Randy always says, do it right and you'll never have to do it again. Unfortunately, that means there'll be a period of time that you will have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and allow them to become severe. The good news is that once you reach that point, you'll begin to induct with the subs and get relief.

    You are most certainly correct that time is a poor indicator of when you will be ready to take your first dose of sub. I've seen people reach that 26 in 10 hours after their last dose and others who needed to wait 48 and everything in between.

    Let us know, Shawna how you want to approach this and I promise you'll have support and help. This I have found is by far the very best Forum I have found online. We're very vulnerable when we are at the end our rope and searching for a way to dig ourselves out. Rarely do I see posts here that are mean spirited and sometimes we all write things that are read differently than what we intended. Take a breath and let it go. Take the good, helpful things you find here and try to dismiss the things that rub you the wrong way.

    Hope you post again soon and I really hope that my response was somewhat helpful.

    Peace,

    Cat

  8. #8
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    My question: I was about 26 hours after my last dose and all I was feeling was some irritability and chills and slight sniffle forming... And of course CRAVINGS!!! Would it have been okay for me to start the subs or would/should I have still waited longer?
    This sucks so hard, some people say they only waited like 8/12/16 hours when some say they would wait 48 hours.
    for all I know though is they may have not waited as long but maybe they were in terrible w/d where as I was not.

    Also can I start at "night" if I start to feel like >>>> say around 3-4 am? Thanks!
    P.s- was anyone else scared to death of starting subs?

    Hi Shawna -

    I remember posting to you before. And my advice will basically be the same. To answer your question about the induction, to be perfectly safe and avoid PWD's you must be at an honest score of 26 or higher on the Cows before you take any subs. And taking the Kratom will only delay that score and make you suffer longer than necessary.

    So STOP taking everything and allow yourself to go into wd's. Might take 12 hours, may take 24 or more hours and that's why we use the Cows, it takes all the guessing out of it. Don't take a single thng that will make you feel better while you're waitn to induct as Cat said. You want to be very sick in wd's, that's the first goal. And yes that part sux, but it's worth it because you'll be feeling much better real soon.

    I've told you befoe that the Kratom is just as addicting as the opiates are, just another animal. If you want to continue taking it that's your business, but sooner or later you'll discover what I already know to be true from experience with it. I took it too and loved it as first, just as I loved methadone. Wow was I completely wrong about both of them. I'm not judging or telling you what to do. I just hope you realize that being clean means just that, clean of all addictive substances.

    So do this induction right and you won't be sorry. The plan works is performed correctly I promise. I'll be more than happy to help you all the way through your induction if needed if you'll agree to follow a few suggestions..

    Take care,
    Randy

  9. #9
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I don't love Kratom at all. If I did I'd take it all the time. I literally take it 2 days out of the month to function between prescription or hookups if you will. Kratom really isn't my problem, pills are.

    Anyhow, yes I got my sub prescription from a Dr. a few weeks ago, I was supposed to start right away and didn't. Now I have a good six days before my next script (of pills) and My husband is leaving on a business trip for a week so I thought this would be the perfect week to transition. I'm hoping the Dr will see me again but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. He gave me a script for quite a few sub strips and I don't plan on taking them the way he wants me to take them at 2 4mg strips a day. I'm going to follow Roberts plan.

    Yes, I have cold turkeyed many times. I really wish I could stick with it. I'm super depressed too so I always cave. It's not the detox so much as the depression and cravings that bring me back.

    You are probably right about the comfort meds. I didn't think of that. I take Xanax and gabapentin at night to help me sleep when I go through this and I usually will sleep a full 8 hours. So it's been 24 hours since my last 50mg BUT it hasn't been 24 hours since I took that Kratom. And I took a .5 Xanax about 1 in the morning. I don't feel great but I don't feel bad. Just grumpy and sad. I guess I'll be waiting this out since it seems to take me forever to hit my cows target.

    Thanks for the help (both of you )

    Also I've never gotten a runny nose really but I sneeze like crazy. Could I substitute sneezing for runny nose on cows sheet?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2017 at 06:20 PM.

  10. #10
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    I don't love Kratom at all. If I did I'd take it all the time. I literally take it 2 days out of the month to function between prescription or hookups if you will. Kratom really isn't my problem, pills are.

    Anyhow, yes I got my sub prescription from a Dr. a few weeks ago, I was supposed to start right away and didn't. Now I have a good six days before my next script (of pills) and My husband is leaving on a business trip for a week so I thought this would be the perfect week to transition. I'm hoping the Dr will see me again but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. He gave me a script for quite a few sub strips and I don't plan on taking them the way he wants me to take them at 2 4mg strips a day. I'm going to follow Roberts plan.

    Yes, I have cold turkeyed many times. I really wish I could stick with it. I'm super depressed too so I always cave. It's not the detox so much as the depression and cravings that bring me back.

    You are probably right about the comfort meds. I didn't think of that. I take Xanax and gabapentin at night to help me sleep when I go through this and I usually will sleep a full 8 hours. So it's been 24 hours since my last 50mg BUT it hasn't been 24 hours since I took that Kratom. And I took a .5 Xanax about 1 in the morning. I don't feel great but I don't feel bad. Just grumpy and sad. I guess I'll be waiting this out since it seems to take me forever to hit my cows target.

    Thanks for the help (both of you )

    Also I've never gotten a runny nose really but I sneeze like crazy. Could I substitute sneezing for runny nose on cows sheet?
    Thanks!
    Hang in there. I'm sure it was the comfort meds that you took. That makes perfect sense. I never got a runny nose either but I'd get the sneezing for sure. Just be honest and conservative when you score yourself and you'll do fine. I don't know one thing about Kratom so I have no idea how long that lasts. Most people report that once their symptoms start to get to moderate it moves more quickly. I hope so for your sake so that you can get on with it.

    Peace,

    Cat

  11. #11
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    Yes, I realized later that I had posted here a few times in the past. SORRY! I'm apart of every drug community on the net and decided to ask this question on this forum
    Anyhow, I'm no longer pregnant and I don't need to talk about that or my use of Kratom. I am a Kratom user from time to time when I run out and I'm not going to apologize for that because 1. I don't have to and 2. I only use like 2 times a month and while I don't like it, it does the trick to keep me from going into withdrawal.

    My old threads have nothing to do with this new one. Do I need to sign up with a new name every time I ask about something new? I didn't think so but please advise me if I do. I'm sorry I'm just a little taken back that you felt the need to go through my old posts and the quote me on the. When they have nothing to do with this question.
    I honestly don't feel welcomed on this board and I feel judged because I don't hate Kratom like you all do.
    Please let me know if this is going to be a problem and I will go somewhere else because I don't have time for nonsense. Thanks! Lmk
    You definitely took my post the wrong way and for that I apologize. I could of written it differently. I'm very straightforward and I usually just call it as I see it, not much sugar coating here with me. I was just wanting you to be open, honest and thorough in your posts.

    You are absolutely welcome here and I'm sorry if I made you feel otherwise. When I see a new thread I always check for older threads as I would think that most of us here do? By checking the older threads/posts we can see all the information leading up to your new thread, that is why it is generally a good idea to keep everything on one thread so all your information is in one place.

    I do understand that this is a new question for you however it could/can relate to your older posts especially if you were still pregnant and failed to mention that in your new thread. The information and advice you receive would be much different if you were pregnant versus if you are not! As far as the Kratom goes, your life, your body, your choice. Just be careful, Kratom does have risks associated with it.

    Lastly, this is a great community, it helped me a lot in my time of need and it can help you too! Again I apologize, I hope you get the answers you are looking for and that you can finally kick the opiate rollercoaster once and for all? You have my full support and I'm rooting for you. I wish you the best of luck... God bless us all!
    DravenDomnq and Shawnamama like this.

  12. #12
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    No worries, it's all good I know what it's like to be straight forward. I definitely understand how the situation would have been different if I was still pregnant. Lost the baby more than likely due to my age (over 35) according to my dr. My plan is to get clean with the help of suboxone, therpapy and meetings and then try to get pregnant again (or Foster but that's a diff story ) Thank you for your support.

    Right now I'm just sitting here freezing and chilly with a major headache and some rls but that's about it. Not even so much as a tummy rumble. I'm just trying to be honest with myself but I've never really had the poops real bad, I never sweat unless I'm sleeping. I really just get rls, headaches, chills, body aches, sneezing, very slight poops, depression and annoyed/agitated. I've been researching the whole Kratom use that I did last night and it was such a small amount it doesn't seem like it would matter as far as pw is concerned. its been almost 29 hours since my last opiate dose. I'm going to hold out till the AM with no comfort meds but regardless I'm taking it in the am!

  13. #13
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnamama View Post
    No worries, it's all good I know what it's like to be straight forward. I definitely understand how the situation would have been different if I was still pregnant. Lost the baby more than likely due to my age (over 35) according to my dr. My plan is to get clean with the help of suboxone, therpapy and meetings and then try to get pregnant again (or Foster but that's a diff story ) Thank you for your support.

    Right now I'm just sitting here freezing and chilly with a major headache and some rls but that's about it. Not even so much as a tummy rumble. I'm just trying to be honest with myself but I've never really had the poops real bad, I never sweat unless I'm sleeping. I really just get rls, headaches, chills, body aches, sneezing, very slight poops, depression and annoyed/agitated. I've been researching the whole Kratom use that I did last night and it was such a small amount it doesn't seem like it would matter as far as pw is concerned. its been almost 29 hours since my last opiate dose. I'm going to hold out till the AM with no comfort meds but regardless I'm taking it in the am!
    Just follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan exactly as outlined and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Robert's plan takes about 6-8 weeks from start to finish, give or take? Don't rush the induction, it's better that you feel >>>>>> a bit longer then to induct too early and go into precipitated withdrawal! Keep posting and ask as many questions as you need to? You have Cat and Randy following your thread and they know how Robert's plan works inside and out so listen to their advice and suggestions, you are in good hands! Good luck on the induction and remember DON'T rush it! Take care... God bless us all!

    PS
    Slow and steady wins the race!
    Shawnamama likes this.

  14. #14
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    I'm on the East Coast and am an early riser. I'll check in here for you around 6:30am to see how you're doing and if I can help. Then I'll be busy getting my grandkids ready and off to school but will be back and able to check in again just before 9.

    Pretty weird to say, but I hope by then you are really sick! OR got far enough into withdrawal that you inducted during the overnight hours. If that happens, be sure to start with a small dose of ..5mg (1/2 mg) and wait at least an hour before you begin to add additional .25mg pieces spacing them at least an hour apart until you are stable. It's important to allow each dose to take full effect so that you are taking the lowest possible dose. You won't be sorry to be as low as you can get. The lower the dose, the better you'll feel and the quicker you can complete your taper.

    One other thing that I always think is a good idea is that if you haven't already, cut a strip now before you get too shaky. You said you have 4mg strips, right? Cut one .5mg piece and the remainder into .25mg pieces. Keep the larger one separate from the others so that you'll know which is which. I bet you get stable before you use all of those pieces but at least they'll be ready when you are.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-22-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    NikkiLP likes this.

  15. #15
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    How you doing Shawna? I'll check in with you later this morning.

    Peace,

    Cat

  16. #16
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hi Cat! It's 4:35 my time.not sure what time it is where you are at. I'm just laying here watching the clock tick tock.

    Yesterday was pretty uncomfortable anxiety/irritability wise but other than that I was okay. I dealt with it all day but ended up taking a gabapentin and half of my .5 Xanax. I needed some relief from that and I slept for like an hour but the kicky legs woke me back up.
    It's been like 37 hours and I've barely had a stomach growl. I think it's going to start soon though. I just don't understand, maybe I'm lucky and I don't detox as hard as others, or maybe I'm counting my chickens before they hatch and it's still early.
    When I woke up from my hour sleep I thought, this isn't so bad, maybe I can do this without subs and just use the comfort meds. I got some food and started watching my favorite tv show (friends). I'm going to try and push through it. I just don't know if I will be strong enough once my dad has his script filled. Eye Roll.

    I'll tell you one thing that I really struggling with right now. My left leg is killing me like no other. It's not rls but just some straight serious pain ..like I want to,cut my leg off. Honestly at this point (with my comfort meds) I wouldn't even feel bad at all but holy cow this leg pain might not let me make it without the sub. In a few hours I'm going to go sit in a hot bath. My husband put the damn plug somewhere or I'd go now. Lol gotta wait till he wakes.

    I'll keep you posted if you want. Have a nice day
    Catrina likes this.

  17. #17
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Cool

    [QUOTE=Shawnamama;522391]Hi Cat! It's 4:35 my time.not sure what time it is where you are at. I'm just laying here watching the clock tick tock.

    Yesterday was pretty uncomfortable anxiety/irritability wise but other than that I was okay. I dealt with it all day but ended up taking a gabapentin and half of my .5 Xanax. I needed some relief from that and I slept for like an hour but the kicky legs woke me back up.
    It's been like 37 hours and I've barely had a stomach growl. I think it's going to start soon though. I just don't understand, maybe I'm lucky and I don't detox as hard as others, or maybe I'm counting my chickens before they hatch and it's still early.
    When I woke up from my hour sleep I thought, this isn't so bad, maybe I can do this without subs and just use the comfort meds. I got some food and started watching my favorite tv show (friends). I'm going to try and push through it. I just don't know if I will be strong enough once my dad has his script filled. Eye Roll.

    I'll tell you one thing that I really struggling with right now. My left leg is killing me like no other. It's not rls but just some straight serious pain ..like I want to,cut my leg off. Honestly at this point (with my comfort meds) I wouldn't even feel bad at all but holy cow this leg pain might not let me make it without the sub. In a few hours I'm going to go sit in a hot bath. My husband put the damn plug somewhere or I'd go now. Lol gotta wait till he wakes.


    Hi Shawna,


    Thanks for the update. I am always a strong advocate for cold turkey. Later today, you'll have two days into it--nearly half way through the 5 days it usually takes for the worst of the symptoms to have passed. I suppose sometime very soon you just need to make the decision to stick this out and be done in a couple more days or stop the comfort meds and induct. The things you mentioned are stalling your COWS score but maybe that's OK if you want to try and stick it out. I would but that's me. Please really think carefully not only about what you want to do (cold turkey >> subs) but the reason you are making that decision and be honest with yourself. I know that for me it took some time to get those addict thoughts under control so just be sure that the reason you want to stick this out cold turkey style is NOT because you'll have access to pills soon. You know what I mean? I know my thoughts when I was trying to get clean most often ran along those lines. The other thing with cold turkey is that even though you won't be uncomfortable after about 5 days, it takes more time to get your energy back and we still have to deal with cravings and recovery. That's when most of us stumble. The sub taper will allow you some time to get over that hump. Your decision. I just encourage you to think it through to be sure your making the best decision for you and for the right reasons.

    Your leg pain--do you think its muscle or nerve pain? I not only had RLS off the charts but I got muscle cramps in my calves. Hot baths and a heating pad will help that. A potassium supplement and foods that are rich in potassium will help that. Stay well hydrated by drinking as much as you can.

    I'll check back in a little later to see how you're doing. It's just past 8am here so we must be 3 hours time difference.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Shawnamama likes this.

  18. #18
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Hi Shawna,
    I read your thread and am here through out the day today if u need support.

    Pills are my drug of choice too and IMO the hardest to get off of because in my mind and most likely yours too
    They can be so easily justified to take.

    But being clean is far better and worth the work put into it..


    If u decide to use the sub
    Or just go through this cold turkey
    We will support you!

    Like Cat said you are almost 1/2 way through but it is entirely up to you ..
    Both are possible and it sounds like you are in it for the long haul!

    Hang in there.

    I will check later too!
    Bette
    NikkiLP and Shawnamama like this.

  19. #19
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hey! Sorry I haven't been back. I had a mess us at the 50 or so hours mark. I got too much into my head freaking out about pw, then my friend stopped by and the drug user that I am ended up taking 40 mg of Norco. Then in the am I took ONE Norco that I didn't feel ugh . I was pretty upset with myself but here I am again 30 hours from that last Vicodin.

    I want to start so badly but I can't reach the 26 on that stupid scale. I just don't think I get bad enough withdrawls. And I do not want to go into pw.
    Tomorrow my script can be filled and I just don't think I'm going to make it unless I was able to start say now only being about a 5 on the scale. Honestly I don't even know how high I got at the 50 hour mark. I don't think my pupils dialated, my heart wouldn't go past 80 even though it felt like it was working hard, I don't sweat unless I'm trying to sleep but never one my face mostly armpits boobie area, even though I was uncomfortable I've been sitting on my ass just fine for hours. I have anxiety, rls when trying to sleep and my stupid left leg is aching like crazy, my eyes don't run and my nose is barely clogged and I haven't even been sneezing that much which is weird cause I always start sneezing right away.
    I've only had a tiny bit of soft stool as well and that just started today not even at the 50 hour mark.

    I might have to try this again another time. Thanks for helping me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2017 at 11:23 PM.

  20. #20
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    It is hard to wait
    But I promise you your fear of pwds is well warranted..
    idk which way you will decide to go but it sounds like you have a tough time on the 3 red or 4 th day..
    you are almost there at that point of just going through them without the sub..

    It is so worth the fight because it never gets better or easier ..
    it just doesn't !
    I wish I had the answer but the one thing I do know is
    Waking up and not worrying about pills is worth every bit of pain I went through!

    While going through it it seems like forever!
    But it is just a second in your life!
    If I can do it ?
    You can do it and then you will be done!
    5 days and you will be through the worst!
    When you look back it will just be a memory!

    Please try again!
    I will check back later!
    Bette
    Randy35, Catrina and Shawnamama like this.

  21. #21
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    It is hard to wait
    But I promise you your fear of pwds is well warranted..
    idk which way you will decide to go but it sounds like you have a tough time on the 3 red or 4 th day..
    you are almost there at that point of just going through them without the sub..

    It is so worth the fight because it never gets better or easier ..
    it just doesn't !
    I wish I had the answer but the one thing I do know is
    Waking up and not worrying about pills is worth every bit of pain I went through!

    While going through it it seems like forever!
    But it is just a second in your life!
    If I can do it ?
    You can do it and then you will be done!
    5 days and you will be through the worst!
    When you look back it will just be a memory!

    Please try again!
    I will check back later!
    Bette
    I read your post last night (or early this morning--can't remember. One day runs into the other). I didn't post but thought about you all day. Just before pulling into my driveway after work, I thought about you again with the intent to suggest exactly what Bette has just suggested. If your symptoms aren't scoring you high enough on even the third day--Good Grief! Just go for it!!!

    It sounds to me that you just may not be ready. Not judging, I swear. I have been in your spot many many times. This is why I believe the worst time to cold turkey is when you're script runs out and you no way to get more. It becomes a countdown to refill day. When you're ready to stop when you still have pills, you'll know you're ready. Don't ever quit quitting. Hope you come back when you're ready to do this.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Shawnamama, Randy35 and Iluv2smile like this.

  22. #22
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hey!

    Instead of starting a new thread I'm just going to continue from where I left off in January. Thank for your responses, you're right Cat I wasn't read then and I'm not exactly ready now but I have no choice. I have no more money, my liver is getting bad and I want to move on for this addiction, I'm just soooooo sick of this song and dance. It's funny, when I'm not in withdrawal I can think of all the reasons I want to get clean but the second w/d starts I have that panic and need to get more. That's so annoying! I'm just going to have to get over wanting to feel that high and hopefully the subs will help me with that as it's helped so many others. I don't even really feel "high" anymore.

    So, I took my last dose at 9 pm tonight (mon) it was only 20mg and regardless of my cows scale number I'm going to start the subs Wednesday morning. That would be 35 plus hours. I can't imagine that I'd go into PW after waiting that long and after reading your last comment I'm just going to go for it. I've also been taking smaller doses the last two days. I'm already in small amount of w/d just by cutting my dose in more than half. It's a blessing that my wd doesn't get that bad but when it comes to subs it's a curse lol

    Thanks again for your responses. I'll let you know how it goes.

  23. #23
    Shawnamama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Wait.. When you say go for it you mean take the subs right? I noticed Bette said that since I'm hitting the 3rd day I might as well just do it without the subs but I just don't think I can do it without the subs.. I'm not mentally ready. Even though wd sucks (no way around that) it's the easy part... The cravings and staying off is the hard part and that's why after a ton of research I decided to give it a shot the way that Robert guy suggested doing.

  24. #24
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    I get it !
    I could have done it without the sub.
    I stayed on them 9 months just because of that behavior that had to be changed.

    You are right getting clean is the easy part..

    It sounds like you have a plan.
    Let us know how you are doing!
    Bette

Similar Threads

  1. Started sub induction and still feeling bad. Plz help
    By Ricecrispy1111 in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 03:46 PM
  2. Need Help Bad! In severe precipitated withdrawal!
    By AngiesBubble82 in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 09:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22