Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexnt
Suboxone Skipping days.... PLEASE HELP!
    xparabparskhye1x is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Skipping days.... PLEASE HELP!

I am 25 years old and have been on subuxone for 8 months now. I started my induction at 8 mgs under my doctors orders and from there i have managed to taper down to .75mg over the 8 months. My doctor now claims that anyone who is under 1mg of suboxone is considered cured and that i no longer need to take it. I tried to taper down to .5mg but usually right before i take my dosage i start to get W/D symptoms so i decided to keep it for a bit longer at .75mg. I have maintained each taper i have done anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks and from there tapered 25% to 30% of the original dose. I Would like to go to .5mg so i can start skipping days from there but everytime i try to decrease my dose i get w/ds. I have been on this .75mg dose for about 2-3 weeks now. I tried to follow Roberts and Henrys method but i started to get w/ds. Can someone please guide me and tell me how i can get to .5mg from the .75mg without getting w/ds? From there how long should i maintain the .5mg to start skipping days? Thank you guys so much for helping me out! I am sick and tired of this process and im ready to close this chapter and get on with my life.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xparabparskhye1x View Post
    I am 25 years old and have been on subuxone for 8 months now. I started my induction at 8 mgs under my doctors orders and from there i have managed to taper down to .75mg over the 8 months. My doctor now claims that anyone who is under 1mg of suboxone is considered cured and that i no longer need to take it. I tried to taper down to .5mg but usually right before i take my dosage i start to get W/D symptoms so i decided to keep it for a bit longer at .75mg. I have maintained each taper i have done anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks and from there tapered 25% to 30% of the original dose. I Would like to go to .5mg so i can start skipping days from there but everytime i try to decrease my dose i get w/ds. I have been on this .75mg dose for about 2-3 weeks now. I tried to follow Roberts and Henrys method but i started to get w/ds. Can someone please guide me and tell me how i can get to .5mg from the .75mg without getting w/ds? From there how long should i maintain the .5mg to start skipping days? Thank you guys so much for helping me out! I am sick and tired of this process and im ready to close this chapter and get on with my life.
    You might try dropping to a dose a bit higher then .50. Try dropping to .625 befor you drop to .50. Also I would not try to jump off at .50 but instead wean down to .25 befor jumping. Best wishes to you and keep posting.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Ashleykay4 is offline New Member

Wow I was also addicted bad to pill. So I went n got help also my doc said take 2 8mg/2mg suboxone under the tounge. And ive been on tht for 110 days now. My doc told me >> be on it for years and wheb I feel lik I can go to just 1 a day to tell him tht iam ready. And after tht to just do half a strip a day. Then quit. But he said when IAM ready....

Aodhan is offline New Member

I was only allowed Subs for 3 weeks after being on Morphine 5 years

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleykay4 View Post
    Wow I was also addicted bad to pill. So I went n got help also my doc said take 2 8mg/2mg suboxone under the tounge. And ive been on tht for 110 days now. My doc told me >> be on it for years and wheb I feel lik I can go to just 1 a day to tell him tht iam ready. And after tht to just do half a strip a day. Then quit. But he said when IAM ready....
    Hi. Your doctor is terribly misinformed, like most sub doctors.

Do NOT quit at "half a strip", which is 4 mg. That is a huge dose to jump from and will cause terrible withdrawal. There's a sub taper plan here written by Robert_325. Please read it. Also, read some of the threads on the Suboxone Treatment board. Some successful tapers to read about are: Ken2727, Alexnt, whatsinaname, Lincolnecho, Sharks Fan.

Most people taper down to .25 mg, then skip days, then quit.

Good luck!
    Kat

AustinClarke is offline Banned

Nice information thank for sharing.

Nammiebee is offline New Member

I must have the best suboxone
    Doctor in the world! He would never tell an addict that he's cured as we are never cured, only in remission if we are lucky. I have been on subs since 2007 and take 2 8mg a day. I came off them entirely in 2009 and it wasn't long before I was again eating any opiate pill I could find. After long term opiate addiction many people's brains no longer produce enough endorphins. I will be on subs until the day I die. They have saved my life. Please look for another sub doctor. Not all of them are looking out for the patients best interest.