Suboxone Taper
    Jdaniel2786 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Taper

A little history I've been on Suboxone since October of 2008 yes it's been that long i started out at 8mg per day taken 4 mg 2x a day I was on that dose for 7 years and then I made the decision to start the taper process without much success.I never made the commitment to stick to the taper I would do it for a while get down to 4 mg per day then for no real reason id just go back up I don't know why I've done this but i just did. Recently I've been taking it seriously and I have managed to get down to 2 mg per day for the last 8 months 1mg in the a.m. and 1mg at night so I can sleep. But I'm sort of stuck at this dose and just can't convince myself that I can go lower my fear is being sick and having insomnia because I work 5 days a week and every other Saturday and have 3 kids to support so I guess my question is what's the next step for me and how can I deal with the anxiety of it

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Jdaniel2786;522448]A little history I've been on Suboxone since October of 2008 yes it's been that long i started out at 8mg per day taken 4 mg 2x a day I was on that dose for 7 years and then I made the decision to start the taper process without much success.I never made the commitment to stick to the taper I would do it for a while get down to 4 mg per day then for no real reason id just go back up I don't know why I've done this but i just did. Recently I've been taking it seriously and I have managed to get down to 2 mg per day for the last 8 months 1mg in the a.m. and 1mg at night so I can sleep. But I'm sort of stuck at this dose and just can't convince myself that I can go lower my fear is being sick and having insomnia because I work 5 days a week and every other Saturday and have 3 kids to support so I guess my question is what's the next step for me and how can I deal with the anxiety of it

If you follow Robert's sub taper plan you can successfully get off the subs with minimal discomfort as many, many people have done before you. You'll skip the induction part of the plan because you are already taking subs, just follow the rest of the plan as outlined. Also, it's very important to take your sub dose/doses at the same time everyday! Here's a link to Robert's sub taper plan -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Keep us updated. Best of luck to you... God bless us all!