Suboxone Taper
    Kmac2323 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Taper

Ive spent a good bit of time going thru these threads, and cant seem to get my exact answer. So i need a suboxone taper, one that can b relatively quick, but long enough so i dont feel too much w/d. I know i will feel some, i can deal with that. I just want off the subs asap and hopefully for good this time. Thanks for any help anyone can give. Oh and i am on roughly 4mg a day. Sometimes i get antsy and take the other half the same day. But when i stick to just a half a strip (4mg) i feel ok. Its just my brain and its bull>>>> addictive tendancies convincing me that i need more. Im ready to be done mentally and physically. Thanks again

Ben39 is offline Junior Member

Have you read Robert's taper plan?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmac2323 View Post
    Ive spent a good bit of time going thru these threads, and cant seem to get my exact answer. So i need a suboxone taper, one that can b relatively quick, but long enough so i dont feel too much w/d. I know i will feel some, i can deal with that. I just want off the subs asap and hopefully for good this time. Thanks for any help anyone can give. Oh and i am on roughly 4mg a day. Sometimes i get antsy and take the other half the same day. But when i stick to just a half a strip (4mg) i feel ok. Its just my brain and its bull>>>> addictive tendancies convincing me that i need more. Im ready to be done mentally and physically. Thanks again

Welcome!

Here's the link to Robert's taper that Ben mentioned -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Click on the link and skip down to the taper section of the plan. You basically reduce your current dose by 25% every 5th day, or when you're stable on the current dose. You don't reduce if you're not stable with little or no wd's. Plan on reducing all the way down to at least .25mg (1/4 of 1 mg) per day The lower you reduce the better chance of having the least amount of symptoms when you jump. And it's very important to take the same dose of sub at the same time everyday. You'll get stable if you do that.

Let us know if you have further questions. Lots of help and support available here.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:36 PM.