Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goldie77
Suboxone taper help
    Goldie77 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone taper help

Hi everyone, I'm about to start tapering down from .5mg of Sub. I've been on it for about two and a half months with my max dose starting at 1mg - with nothing prior. It was a Dr's mistake to put me on it. I'm very scared though I know many have had it much worse. I'm just wondering if I could start a thread to ask for a little help here and there?
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie77 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm about to start tapering down from .5mg of Sub. I've been on it for about two and a half months with my max dose starting at 1mg - with nothing prior. It was a Dr's mistake to put me on it. I'm very scared though I know many have had it much worse. I'm just wondering if I could start a thread to ask for a little help here and there?
    Welcome Goldie!
    You're in the right company here! It looks like you have a thread started.
    Going down from .5 is not so hard. Don't worry. It's a nice low dose. Most folks decrease dose by 25% if they feel stable at their current dose. That would make .375mg the next dose, if my math is correct.
    Are you cutting strips or crushing tablets?
    You can certainly do this. Don't be scared. Fortunately, you're on a low dose.
    Let us know what you decide.
    Rooting for you

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie77 View Post
    If i were you, i would go to the Suboxone Treatment forum and start a thread there.
    That's what most of us did. You'll get more responses to your questions...

Turtlesoup9877 is offline New Member

I'm currently on 12 MG per day for about a year now. I'm having a hard time just taking 8mg per day. I have to literally tell myself throughout the day "I don't need another 4mg, I am just fine on 8mg" most of the days I end up taking 2-4 MG at night. I know this is only junkie behavior but it's hard to kick....
    I'm at a loss