Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes
Suboxone taper journal & help.
    Kicking74 is offline Junior Member

I take it in the am between 5-6am & then around 2-3.

I will say after I posted to you today I got a burst of energy & have been feeling good. So for my afternoon dose today it was about 1.5mg

That's a total of 3.5 today. It's less than the past few days of 4-5mg.

I hope I'm doing this semi "OK"??
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kicking74 View Post
    I take it in the am between 5-6am & then around 2-3.

I will say after I posted to you today I got a burst of energy & have been feeling good. So for my afternoon dose today it was about 1.5mg

That's a total of 3.5 today. It's less than the past few days of 4-5mg.

I hope I'm doing this semi "OK"??
    Hi!

I haven't checked in on your for a few days but I see you've got the very best helping you out. You may be stabilizing and that's why you're feeling better. I'd stay one more day at the 4mg to see how you do tomorrow. If you're still feeling well, reduce to a total of 3mg on Friday. By the way, have faith and stick with the dose you're on. Yes. You may have rough spots after a reduction but just don't be tempted to alter your dose. If you a really good day, enjoy but don't reduce until you're absolutely certain you're stable. The ups and downs by even .5 will mess with you. If not now, it just will. Have faith. You're doing great.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks Cat!

I was thinking after I posted earlier that I should stick to the 4mg another day or so since I'm starting to feel better as well.

Once I feel ok then I should taper, correct??

I go to the doc again Friday for 28 more pills, plus I have 17 still from 13 days ago. You think they over prescribe? Totally being smart, we know they do!! I'm still going to get them though just incase I run out of the 17 remaining. Cost me $180 but I'm not sure I have enough to last.

Thanks
    Catrina and Iluv2smile like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Thanks Cat!

I was thinking after I posted earlier that I should stick to the 4mg another day or so since I'm starting to feel better as well.

I go to the doc again Friday for 28 more pills, plus I have 17 still from 13 days ago. You think they over prescribe? Totally being smart, we know they do!! I'm still going to get them though just incase I run out of the 17 remaining. Cost me $180 but I'm not sure I have enough to last.

Thanks
    Smart. Get a refill just to be sure and you can continue to see how things go. YES! Once you feel well, it's time to reduce but by no more than 25%. So....if you're on 4mg/day, you can reduce to 3. The first day should be OK and you might feel slight symptoms on Days 2 and 3. Just have faith and stick to it and stay put at 3mg. You'll level out in another couple of days. Rinse and repeat. I know it's not perfect but the symptoms should be manageable. That's the entire idea. To slowly taper so that you can function. Taper too quickly, and you're defeating the purpose. You're doing great!

Peace,

Cat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

I'm seeing that now, it's not WD free, but it's managable & that's better than being sick as a dog physically & mentally.

I'm just hoping this goes smoothly & I can start to rebuild my life living sober & being fulfilled...

Thank you.
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Agree with Randy 100%..

4 mg will be a good dose and it may take a day or 2 to get stable..

Like Randy said slow and steady wins this race..

Whether you reduced to fast won't really matter now
    Because you will get stable on 4 mg just stay there till you feel good..

I helped a friend today and she started at .5 mg felt good at 1 mg..

But that is the issue with Drs starting everyone too high..

But you will be ok ..

We did this and we are ok..

It does take a minute to get out of the habit of reaching for something..

But it gets better once you feel stable and normal ..
    that is the only way I can explain it..
    I felt normal on sub ..
    Not really that much different than I do now..

You will know..

Listen to your body , not your head!

I will check in tomorrow after work.
    Bette
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey there Kicking -

If I were you I would remain on the 4mg per day and get good and stable before considering reducing further. Reducing too fast is one of the major causes of wd symptoms popping up. 4mg is actually a large dose of sub and more than enough to keep you stable. So much of this stuff is purely mental and can mess with your head all the time. Have confidence in what you're doing and everything will be ok.

Taking that extra .5mg won't really hurt anything, but it really didn't do anything either. It's so easy to reach for something extra when we're having difficulties. Try to stick with 2mg am and 2mg in the pm for the next several days. Only when you feel completely stable should you reduce by 25% down to 3mg per day.

Take this slow and steady as it's no race. All you need to do is get there.

Overall you're doing great!!!

Randy
    I agree with Randy 100% as well! You are getting great advice from Cat, Bette and Randy, rest assured you are in good hands so listen to them. Trust the process, don't rush it! Slow and steady wins the race when tapering, especially with subs!

I'm also in agreement with getting one more refill (just in case) but if the money is an issue to do that then I think if you have seventeen 8mg tabs left then you probably have enough to complete Robert's sub taper plan? Maybe Randy can confirm that? You should be able to complete the taper plan within 6-8 weeks but remember, "DON'T RUSH IT"?

You are doing great! You'll get through this just fine! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

PS
    If you do go to the doctor for the refill I wouldn't mention that you are doing your own taper, just let him/her know you are doing great, get your refill/script and leave!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thanks Cat!

Thanks

With 17 of the 8mg sub pills you have left and the 28 more 8mg subs you're getting on Friday, that's more than enough to completely finish your taper! I know it's a scary thought to think you have plenty of subs and won't need the doctor again, but I promise you'll have plenty of subs to do the job. You'll even be tossing subs away when you're done.

Like Ricky said, don't tell the doctor a thing about this forum or seeking advice from a bunch of drug nuts or he'll think you're crazy. Go in, get you're script and get out of there.

One thing to keep in mind as you reduce your doses each time. It sometimes takes your body a day or two to accept the dose reduction. You might feel a few symptoms on the first and/or second day of the lower dose, but the following day or two should begin to level out as your system gets acclimated to the newer dose. That's why we suggest staying on each dose for at least 4 full days and reduce on the 5th day if stable.

Continue to take the same dose(s) at the same time everyday. That's very important to keep the sub level and steady in your system. You'll feel much better too. Don;t be afraid to reduce if you're stable with little or no wd's after 4 days. Sometimes we can get stuck on a dose and our heads mess with us about reducing further.

Also remember that this isn't intended to be a cakewalk either. You're on a very strong drug and a little discomfort is actually a normal part of the process. Keep a positive attitude and tell yourself over and over how bad you really want this.

Randy
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Thank you all so much! I was beginning to feel like I was doing something wrong with this whole thing.

I'm starting to feel energy again, it was rough for a few days. I think I'm beginning to get stable on 4mg.

I will get another 28 8mg pills & trust me, I will say nothing to that doctor. He's crooked as hell anyway. Charging me all that $ & then telling me to take it 4 times a day, break them in half & take every 6 hours. They know nothing about subs.

I need to keep reminding myself that slow & stay wins the race. It's so hard though to not want to rush it.

Thanks again, you all are a great help!

Hi there!
    Just checking in to see how you are doing?

Bette

Hi Bette! I'm still here. I'm moving along ALOT slower then I expected. Ugh. I'm so disappointed. I can't seem to get under 4mg. I'm wondering if I should not take any for a few days & then start at a lower dose?? I just can't seem to get under 4.

Also, I would really like to take it once a day, but my addict mentality has me dosing twice.

I'm so afraid of getting addicted to this now.

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks!!

I know it is hard to change our behaviors
    But
    Please give yourself a break..
    you are off the pills !
    That is huge!
    Someone dies every 8 mins from prescription medication!
    Now it doesn't have to be you !
    You are making progress..

Why can't you get pass 4 mg ?
    What happens?

Usually people on here go to 1 time a day when they get to 1 mg..

These are ingrained behaviors in us ..
    It did not happen over night..

If you become dependant on the sub?
    Use the time to change ..

It definitely can be a great tool..
    but if that is not an option for you
    You could reinduce like you suggested..
    you go a few days without then take a really low dose to get stable again..

It is up to you..
    for me the time spend on the sub changed my life
    Even though it was 9 months that was a split second in my life..
    sub is easier to taper off of.
    As you can tell it does not happen over night
    Mainly because we have to change our thinking and behaviors and that takes time..

I will check back ..
    I am off today ..
    Bette

Thanks Bette..

I think I just feel bad, almost like I have guilt for using something to get off another opiate. I know it makes no sense.

I don't even give my self credit for not taking any oxy... I just feel defeated for some reason.

Maybe I'm just having a few bad days. I'm kinda depressed here & there..

Plus I've been dealing with my pain, the original cause for my using pills.. my back is killing me.

I'm moving along though. I'm still going to try.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Thanks for responding.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Just checking on you
    And bumping up your thread!

Hope you are feeling better!

Bette

Checking it to see how you are?
    Hope you are feeling better!
    Bette

I'm here! We've been busy around here with some things going on.. fixing a roof on the house, having 2 birthday parties, & another one today.

I'm struggling with being so tired though. It's never ending. I had a few days where I felt good but it's right back to falling asleep on & off all morning long. I can't take much more of it. Honestly, if it doesn't ease up I'm thinking of stopping the subs & using some oxy & try to taper.....is that crazy?? I just can't keep sleeping like this all morning long. It's to the point that my kids are saying stuff now about mommy being sleepy all day..

I'm so frustrated. Any advice? Does that sound crazy??

Thanks!

etoille is offline New Member

Hi kicking! I don't know much about tapering but I do know a whole lot about my lizard brain telling me to do something that's totally wrong but making it sound sooooo right! Do not go back to the oxy hon. I know how it is being bombarded with kids and not having the energy to be the parent you want/need to be but the thing is, getting back on the >>>> that put you in this place is not the answer. I found that getting exercise has helped my energy levels tremendously! I also started taking a multi vitamin with my pm dose. I am addicted to Starbucks quad venti iced Carmel mocha macchiatos but I figure that's better than what I was messing with! Keep strong momma! We got this for us, for our kids, and for our amazing futures just waiting for us to enjoy!

I agree .
    Do not go back to the oxy..

It is very difficult to taper full agonist opiates..

I hope you were able to hang in there!

It is not going to be a walk in the park anywY you do it!
    It is not meant to be.

But at least there is a future in tapering the subs!

If I can do it so can you!
    I know you can.
    Hop on here and give us an update.
    We are here to support you either way!

Bette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12