• 1 Post By RightTurn33
  • 1 Post By Wavision
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Biggirlpants
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Suboxone W/D
    Biggirlpants is offline New Member

Default Suboxone W/D

I need encouraging. I've been on opiods for 10 years. I'm now sick taking them. It's been 20 hours since my last .25 tab of suboxone which is just masking the inevitable of being free of this >>>>.
    Feels like my central nervous system has gone haywire. I'm sweating and cannot do anything. I'm so sick and tired... I want to know that this will C rap. It feels so hopeless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Biggirlpants, welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for encouragement. Congratulations on making the decision to get clean that first step is a hard one so let me say I'm Proud of You. Give us alittle history on how much you use for ten years have you been tapering down to .25? Have you tried quitting Opiates before? We are all here to support you. You are not alone.
    Again welcome home...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Thank you so much as just to have you reply brings tears to my eyes because I am facing a very very dark place that scares me.
    I was prescribed Vicodin from Dr for 2 years. Back 2011 I was buying off the street. Thousands of dollars, I was at about 15 vics 500 mg. a day . Then I found a doctor that prescribed tramadol. Been taking the tramadol for 5 years. Jan of last year they have me on suboxone starting at 8 mg.
    It's for me become something metal. I can't remember anything, and I'm so irritable. My head is so fogged. I look at pics I take and I am not there. It's dark and empty. I know I am very depressed so as I start this,I know I need some groups and counseling. I am scared to be alone.... so not like me, i used to be so happy and positive and friendly.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

That info is helpful but need more info specifically about how much suboxone you were taking. How did you get down to 0.25mg? Over how long? How fast did you taper?

I started the suboxone March 2017, 2 mg 3 times a day. By November I had tapered to 1 mg a day and on Jan 15th started my .5 mg a day.
    Friday, 2-1-18 I started .25. I cannot cut the strips any smaller I have to jump off but I do not feel as strong minded as I was last time I quit opiods which was in 2012 for 1 year.
    I have literally been withdrawing since Jan 15, I have been sick for a month..... from the withdrawals. No relief.
    I knew the suboxone was just a cover but I didn't know this would have been just as hard as vicodin. I will see how it is tomorrow.
    I'm thankful for this website.

12yearsopioiduser is offline New Member

Hi biggirlpants, how are you doing today? Do you have any support from your family or friends? Does your doctor know you have stopped taking subs? They can prescribe medications that may help you with your withdrawal symptoms. Clonidine and loperamide has helped me in the past.

Please remember that however bad you feel right now it is not permanent and you will recover and become positive and happy again, it just requires some rehabilitation and determination

First thing I would suggest is to try and learn about what you can expect from subutex withdrawals so you know the symptoms that are associated with withdrawals and know they are normal to experience.

The fact that you have come here to reach out for help is a massive step towards recovery and so you should be proud of yourself. Also know that you are not alone, a lot of us know what you are going through right now and would be more than happy to help you in anyway we can.

Keep us updated yes
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Bsage is offline New Member

It’s so hard! I am 9 months off subs and that first month is the worst. The 2nd month got better. It’s just slow. I’m still fighting some long term symptoms (Im wide awake with diarreah at 3am..) but they are nothing compared to the beginning of withdrawal. In fact, the last month, I’ve felt pretty dang good almost every day. This is the first night I’ve had insomnia for weeks! It’s so worth it to be in the other side! It’s just so hard at first. I always think it was so hard so I never want to be back there again. Just get thru it day by day. Then it’s week by week. It gets better, I promise.

Hey Biggirlpants, I wanted to give a quick response. Yes it's scary u know I've been there today I'm 15 clean off the garbage..you can do this will it be painless no or maybe it will but today let's focus on what your plans moving forward are. Others here with Years of experience will be by with their suggestions just hang in there weekends are slow here also game day. I will be back later to check in on you...
    We are all here to support you.

12 years gave you some awesome advice..

Today is better I have to say, or at least my mind set is. Was up in the middle of the night sweating and legs thrashing.... Ugh...
    Thank you for your response! Yes, I told on "myself" to all my doctors.... I have Xanax and IB Profin.
    I need the 10 days clean to get Vivitrol (shot 1 time a month).... this is what my doctor has offered to me with support groups.
    I'm looking forward so much to feeling myself and putting this behind me. I am SO thankful for all of you....
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I am determined to do it. I want to feel good and it's assuring to know that this feeling won't last forever. That's all I keep telling myself. TY!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biggirlpants View Post
    I am determined to do it. I want to feel good and it's assuring to know that this feeling won't last forever. That's all I keep telling myself. TY!
    Congrats! I'm going thru the same thing as you are, with a few more weeks under my belt. It gets better. Be patient. I know it's hell - but you will recover. Your nuerotransmitters (nervous system messengers) have been altered by years of you taking brain altering chemicals. With time - they kick back into gear and you'll feel like your old self again. Every single person who has gotten clean from an opiate addiction goes thru this with very similar symptoms. You are not alone. You will recover and will be stronger. You got this!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Congrats on taking the steps to get clean. Myself along with others are currently going through the sub tapering plan at the top of the suboxone sub forum.

As rightturn said, you are not alone. I'm currently at .75mg a day and will be dropping again tomorrow. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

You will not feel this way forever and you will be back to being you very soon. Good luck and post as much as you can.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

You have received good info and support from those who posted before me. I just wanted to add something that no one has appeared to mention. On Jan 15, you cut your daily dose from 1 to .5 and are now at .25? Is that correct? If it is, I am not a bit surprised that you are having such a rough time. This was way too big of a cut. Each reduction shouldn't be by more than 25% and you need to wait around 4 or 5 days after a reduction to become completely stable (symptom free) before you make another reduction.

Having said this, you have managed a couple of weeks and it would make no sense to un-do all of that. BUT if you are still feeling terrible, just this once I might suggest that you increase your daily dose by just a little bit. Subs are incredibly powerful and have a long half life so even a crumb makes a difference. At the low dose you are taking, you should only be dosing once a day and I assume that that's true. You should also be dosing at the same time everyday. If you decide to increase your daily dose so that you can get stable, it will make everything a lot more comfortable now and will make your final jump much, MUCH easier. You'll be delaying things for only about a week and in my opinion, well worth it. I'd try to take a total of .37 or even go back up to .5 per day. Allow yourself to become stable and in less than a week you can make a reduction. If you decide on .5 for now, reduce to .37 and if you decide to go to .37 now, then your next reduction can be to .25.

I most totally understand that you are anxious to begin your Vivitrol shots but remember that once you do get that first shot, tapering the sub will be out of the question because the Vivitrol is going to block everything and it won't make you feel better physically. Taper slowly and all the way down to either .25mg/day or even one more drop to .125mg/day and you'll not only feel better now but your final jump will go much more smoothly and less painful. Then get the Vivitrol shot because at that point most of what you'll be feeling will be the typical mental issues that accompany any jump.

This is just my suggestion but of course, the decision is all yours and whatever you do, we'll be here to cheer you on. You've not got far to go now and you've come a long way Baby!

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Cat, thank you. Yes you are correct because as far as I am concerned "winging" yourself doesn't work for me. I HAVE TO JUMP. I'm an addict and it takes 1 simple issue to push me right back into where I started. I commend all of you who can taper. I however will Never be free. I suppose this is why I am in such a dark helpless place right now. So scary......
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Walkley822 is offline Member

Hi biggirlpants! We are all on the sidelines rooting you on! You can definitely do this. You were able to taper as far as you could and every day is going to be better than the last. Use this forum and post every day so you can get the support you need. The support here is the best and has been the determining factor in many cases of those who have succeeded to get clean.

12yearsopioiduser is offline New Member

Hi again biggirlpants, how are you doing today?
    You can most definitely be free, you just have to start believing in yourself. I know right now that may seem like an gigantic task but with enough perseverance the days will tick by and you willl begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

If tapering is difficult for you like me I would personally let the withdrawals ride its course now as you have tapered down a fair bit, and regardless of how slow you go from now on you will still have to rehabilitate and learn to live life without needing to take drugs. If you are finding it too difficult there is no shame, however, of going back on a low dose to stabilise and to drop even more before jumping. I believe you can get 0.4 subutex strips to make it easier to reduce. Cat has suggested a good tapering program to follow.

If you decide to taper further once you have stabilised try and eat well, take supplements and exercise daily. This will make the jump when it comes easier.

Whatever you decide to do we will all be supporting you along the way!

Keep that chin up and believe

Hello checking in on you today...keep us posted we are all here to support you..

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Seems like I'm a little bit late to the party. But welcome!!! Glad you found us here. The support here is amazing as you can see. You're doing everything you need to and have recieved amazing advice and suggestions moving forward. I really have nothing to add. You've got the right mindset to get this done and I know the feeling. I was done with subs!! It was a rough ride as I didn't taper down as low as I should have (1mg/day) and I stumbled to this site on day 11 of brutal w/d. But these amazing people lifted me up and helped me more than they know and today I'm almost 5 months clean and feeling better every day!!

Keep posting. We are all here for you. Congratulations and welcome!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.