Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By LisaRee
  • 1 Post By Scorpio1986
Suboxone withdrawal
    Scorpio1986 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawal

I've been on suboxone since April. I'm trying to come off of them clod turkey but my anxiety is through the roof. Some say the anxiety only lasts a few days and that day 3 is the worst. However, I've been off dioxins for 6 days. The first couple days weren't bad, but day 3-6 (today) have been horrible. Can anyone tell me how long the anxiety could last? I know it is different for everyone.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio1986 View Post
    I've been on suboxone since April. I'm trying to come off of them clod turkey but my anxiety is through the roof. Some say the anxiety only lasts a few days and that day 3 is the worst. However, I've been off dioxins for 6 days. The first couple days weren't bad, but day 3-6 (today) have been horrible. Can anyone tell me how long the anxiety could last? I know it is different for everyone.

Welcome!

More info is needed.
    How much sub were you taking at your highest amount?
    How much have you been taking recently?
    And how much did you jump from?

Answer those questions please so we can better help you.

Randy

I was taking 8 mg a day( half in the morning and half later in the day). I stopped taking them all together. So I did this cold turkey.

I was taking 8 mg a day( half in the morning and half later in the day). I stopped taking them all together. So I did this cold turkey.

Sorry didn't realize this was posted twice.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-15-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Scorpio - 8mg/day of sub is quite a bit and jumping off at that dose is definitely not recommended! You felt fine the first couple days because you have a lot of sub built up in your system, subs have a very long half-life. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the withdrawals are just beginning and may get worse? The detox could last quite a long time because you jumped from 8mg? Most people taper down to .25mg/day or less before jumping off.

I'm not sure what your best course of action is at this point? I almost think that you should get back on the subs and do a proper taper?

I recommend you wait for Randy to respond back before you make any decisions on what your next step should be? He will know what is best for you in this situation?

Keep checking back and keep us updated? Best of luck to you! Hang in there... God bless us all!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Scorpio -

Oh Wow, this isn't going to be easy by any means. You can expect to have real tough symptoms for quite some time. Very few can make it jumping from an 8mg dose of subs. It's way stronger than most realize, and with the long half life you have lots more than 8mg in your system. You can expect to have symptoms for weeks and not days at this point. Not saying you can't make it, just saying you should prepare for the worst. The relapse rate is very high jumping form such a high dose. Not trying to sound negative either, just being honest with you.

As Ricky mentioned, I would get right back on a stable dose and taper lower. You won't need 8mg either, you could get by with 4mg per day and be just fine. I would spend around a week on 4mg to give your system time to settle down, and you to feel better. Then you could begin reducing your dose by 25% every 4-7 days until you're down to at least .25mg of sub per day. That's the best way off this stuff and will help you have a much easier landing.

If your insisting on moving forward without taking any sub just treat the symptoms as best you can.

If you do decide to get back on I'll help you as much as I possibly can.

Randy
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm on day 7 and anxiety is still rough. Unfortunately I don't have any more dioxins to taper down from. And at this point, I feel like I'm on day 7 why start the process over? Although it probably would be easier. But I would need to buy them from someone and I don't want to spend the money. I just want to be done with all of this. This is such a horrible feeling. I'll be damned if I do it to myself again.

I have Colondine to help with my heart rate and kolonopin to help with the anxiety and using that my doctor prescribed me. Kolonopin is not my doc. In fact I hate the way I feel on it, but between the two meds, they help. I only plan on usime these short term. Just till I can lower my heart rate levels. But I'll tell you this is so hard. I just have to keep pushing through.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-16-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks so much for the response Ricky. I am now realizing I'm probably going to be going through hell for a couple weeks. I'm hoping that since this is day seven that I will only have another full week of this. It could be wishful thinking and may linger on into three weeks. But I really hope it doesn't last longer than 2. I no longer have energy. I'm starting to feel depressed and I know it is just the beginning.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-16-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Randy, will drinking lots of fluids help flush my system and possibly speed the process of recovery a little better?

Just wanted to send an update. I've made it to day 10 without relapsing, thank god. But it definitely isn't easy. the anxiety is still here, but I don't feel as much of the chest tightness on a regular like I was. Therefore, I'm hoping things are going to start getting better from here. I do have other symptoms now like the runs (sorry to be so graphic), I feel like I can't think or talk right. Kinda weird, havn't had much much energy and depression is kicking in. But I do think things are starting to subside a little -I hope. It'll just take time I guess.

Randy, will drinking lots of fluids help flush my system and possibly speed the process of recovery a little better?

Sorry, just saw your question.

Yes, drinking LOTS of fluids, especially water will help keep you hydrated and flush out the toxins faster. Exercise is one of the very best things you can do to help yourself get through this. Don't have to run a marathon, just walking will help so much. Riding a bike, swimming, etc all get your endorphins working which makes you feel better sooner. Eat or drink lots of protein too. Plenty of vitamins and supplements are available to make this tolerable.

As I said earlier jumping from 8mg of sub is probably the hardest hting you'll ever do. It's not impossible, just a lingering effect of mnay days that will test every ounce of strength you have.

Congrats on the 10 days you have. That's really Awesome!

Randy

Thanks! Yesterday was hard. Very very depressed, still anxiety bit I feel the anxiety is starting to subside a little..I hope it continues to get smoother. Today is day 11. I'm still depressed but OK. I'm also exhausted. But like you said, it'll take some time.

Would a multi vitamin help or are there any in particular? I know there is that one recipe I see on here but I really don't want to go buying a bunch of stuff. I'm trying to stay moving to help with my natural endorphines.

LisaRee is offline New Member

Thanks! Yesterday was hard. Very very depressed, still anxiety bit I feel the anxiety is starting to subside a little..I hope it continues to get smoother. Today is day 11. I'm still depressed but OK. I'm also exhausted. But like you said, it'll take some time.

Would a multi vitamin help or are there any in particular? I know there is that one recipe I see on here but I really don't want to go buying a bunch of stuff. I'm trying to stay moving to help with my natural endorphines.
    Scorpio, YES VITAMINS! Vitamins will help so much especially with your body not having a whole lot of nutrients in it. I know the B vitamins (all of them) help greatly, but also L-Tyrosine with b-6 in it will help tremendous amounts for your energy and possibly some of the depression too. You need lots of protein and calories keep your body going. Also, I know excerise sounds impossible, but I promise so many people swear by it. It will help you so much and also give you more energy. Just think though, with each day that passes, you are that much closer to being normal again!! You didn't do this to yourself over night, so your body needs longer than over night to heal itself, but it is! Think of it this way, for each horrid symptom, you body is fixing itself in that way. You CAN DO THIS, and YOU ARE DOING THIS! I'm cheering for you!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Lisa I'm going to the store and getting those vits. This weekend. And I need to move around, like exercise will hell a lot still having a little anxiety and stuff but I'm day 14 Now so I know I'll start to feel better. It's nice to talk with people who are going through similar situations because we are not judgemental.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Lisa I'm going to the store and getting those vits. This weekend. And I need to move around, like exercise will hell a lot still having a little anxiety and stuff but I'm day 14 Now so I know I'll start to feel better. It's nice to talk with people who are going through similar situations because we are not judgemental.
    Just saw your thread, and I hope you're doing well and staying strong. I think the vitamins/supplements are helping me immensely, and even though there are still some days I can only walk up and down the hallway here off and on 10 minutes each day, or take one of our older, slower dogs around the block if it's nice out, that helps so much as well. Hopefully everything is going well, and that you keep on keeping on!!