Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By danimal245
  • 1 Post By danimal245
  • 1 Post By danimal245
Suboxone withdrawal after 1 month?
    danimal245 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawal after 1 month?

So, my history; for about 1 year, on and off, I did 1-2 roxis, and stopped those 5 weeks ago and started using the sub strips.. I can make a strip last for 6 doses and this is what I did for a month and a half, but never took anything on Saturdays or Sundays because I could lay around and not have to be productive. But here is my concern and where my questions come in:

It's been exactly 51 hours since I took 1mg of sub. Before that, I took nothing for 2 days before the 1mg, and only took from 1-2mg of sub monday through friday, since I do work during the week.. but I'm here now, and like I said, it's been 51 hours since I took a very tiny piece of sub and its been 48 days since I took any opiates. I don't feel too bad right now; more nervous from the anticipation of feeling dope sick; it seems that the worst of this whole ordeal is all inside my head. I did have adderall yesterday, this morning, and some for tomorrow, with the plan of making sunday day 6.

I've read horror stories about the w/ds not starting for days after you stop, but based on ya'll experience, with what I've, idiotically, done to myself, what am I in for? Do you think I'll be in bad shape come day 7 when I have to go to work?

Any advice or information is very appreciated!
    Eamontana likes this.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

welcome to the forum Dan. try to read more of the positive stories here as there are many of them. stay away from too many horror ones as they do no good at a time u need positive influence more than anything. everyone is different, and u may get thru this with only the smallest of symptoms, if any at all. if u sit back and wait for something to happen it is going to drive u nuts most likely.

it is true that in some cases where a person has taken very large doses of subs for a very long time the withdrawals may not begin for days, or even a week or more after the last dose, but that doesn't sound like ur case at all.

i guess my question is why did u jump from 1mg? why didn't u taper lower and then jump? did u run out of subs? u used an unconventional method skipping doses on the weekends, but hey if it gets u clean then so what. most taper as low as possible (.25 mg or lower) and then jump or skip days.

the 1 mg u last took is a fairly large dose of sub and is very powerful. some symptoms may begin any day now, BUT i certainly wouldn't be waiting on them like i said. go about each day doing what u want or need to be doing whether it's work or play. if any symptoms do begin i'm sure they will be minor in nature and u should be able to deal with them just fine.

and why if i may ask did u go on subs anyway after taking only 1-2 roxi's per day for about a year? and u stopped the roxi's and 5 weeks of clean time it looks like and then started the subs??? why did u do that???

hope this helps. a positive outlook will take u far.

Thanks for responding!! No.. I meant I took the subs for 5 weeks after stopping roxys. But during the 5 weeks, I was able to make a strip last 5 to 6 doses, and ya, I ran out after making the last one stretch out to 8 days. I'm about 55 hours into and I'm at work and you're right, at this level it is mental because I'm obsessing and fixating on what might start happening and dreading the days it will take to feel completely fresh as days seem to last double the time during this. I'm just hoping that by Monday, which will be day 7 that I can come to work without having to use a "cold" or the "flu" as an excuse for the way I look or the way I behave, which is standoffish and non-confrontational where I'm usually outgoing and talkative, but I knew this was coming. I just hope the malaise will subside by day 7... maybe if I tell myself it will, then it will???

talangor is offline Junior Member

Kikker pretty much summed it up for you. You are not a long term user so if you are at 1mg and can go the week end without Sub then lower to .25 and then jump, you will have some wd but nothing serious.

I'm on day 2 of nothing and feel ok; just anticipation of the unknown or "psyched out" by overthinking it and awaiting the worst withdrawals ever to suddenly strike, but I have no subs and can't get anymore and could only tear the film into 6-7 pieces; this week is already going extremely slow, but I prepared to feel like this for about a week.. I just hope I'm well enough on day 7 to not look like at work and function somewhat normally

Just figured I'd chime in and give an update... I'm on that dreaded day 7 that I've been fixating over because I just had to teach a boot camp class and it SUCKED but I got through it without anybody thinking anything about my appearance or performance.. It's 6am.. we were all tired... lol.. I'm feeling good, very optimistic and looking at this as a punishment for what I've done to my body for the last year or so. I was able to get days 4, 5, and 6 off work and all of those felt the same, irritated, malaise (the WORST) depersonalization, stomach hurts still but can't tell if it's messed up or if it's just hungry cause I'm still not eating or sleeping

Day 8... Feel like I woke up as a new person; feel better than I have in a long time... Nobody is reading this and I don't care because it still provided me a way to jot down my thoughts and anxieties whilst in the hell of withdrawal... Maybe I wasn't on subs for a long time, and maybe I did just do up to 2 roxys a day for the better part of 17 months or so... honestly have no idea when I snorted my first roxy and don't care anymore.. I'm done counting days of being under the spell of a mind- drug. If anyone does read this, you have to truly want to quit.. I've "tried" before with no true intention of stopping FOR GOOD, but it has to be REAL. And you have to get PISSED and ANGRY; every time a negative though strikes your mind or a craving bites at you, call it every curse word in the book and slap yourself in the face because it's the drugs talking. You ARE better without drugs!!!!! and I also learned that I didn't "cover-up" my addiction around friends... they knew something was up with me the whole time; if not... could they even be considered friends?
    jlho911 likes this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Dan...
    Just got thru reading your entire thread here and I gotta say Im kinda "Stumped"....your weren't on THAT much Oxy, doing 1-2 "Off & On for a year....(Off & On, the Operative words there, lol) then jumped OFF of them for 5 weeks, and Started SUBS? I am just sitting here trying to figger out WHY? LOL......you had the Oxy's pretty much "Licked"...I mean 1 or 2, "Off & ON" isn't that much! ...
    Youve got it "Licked" now though, so its a Non Issue!
    Was just curious as to why you started the Subs in the 1st place....

Good Luck

Harry

No no no no no... I transitioned straight from using oxy for close to two years to suboxone and used the suboxone for about 5 weeks before jumping off.. I was never clean before the subs... went straight from pills to subs, started detox after the 5 weeks, now on day 9 and it's weird, not nearly as lively as yesterday, but not anything to about... everyone seems messed by the pollen right now anyways as I live in Atlanta.. But, I was not clean before the subs, and the withdrawal is heavily psychological and emotional for me, as everyone's different so the malaise and lack of energy and interest in things I enjoy is what I feared the most, but I've been just forcing myself to walk the dog, or do a load of laundry... feels like I'm laying bricks but getting easier every day.. I'm at that point where I can feel the energy returning every day, but I'm having to deal with the reasons why I numbed my mind in the first place and I'm struck with guilt and regret over the things I did over the past two years; conning doctors, manipulating family and friends, etc... all addicts become master manipulators.
    I know I'm not a long term addict; I've never nodded off or injected anything so my case is more mild than most, but when your alone and terrified of what might happen during your term in hell, you tend to look for comfort anywhere I can so I came here; didn't get hardly any responses but was still able to vent and express my fear and anticipation and dread over when it will end; so like I said, if someone is in a similar situation as I was, then if they see my story, they will not be nearly afraid of w/d's and it will give them the resolve to see it done..

And thank you! I'm on day 9 and feeling 85% My appetite still suffers and sleep eludes me... but it's small price to pay for the amount of money I've saved in the last couple months....astonishing really, a true eye opener.. Sorry for the rambling; it's the rushing thoughts that cause it

Hey Talangor... My access to suboxone was cut off when I jumped; I had planed to try to make the strips last 12 doses or so but the ram had hit the wall and I had crossed the Rubicon, so I jumped earlier than I had hoped and was going mad with anticipation as to what to expect, and ya, it is not easy, but it is doable and VERY worth it... Day 9 and feeling great... a few sweat spells and fleeting chills a few times... just wish I could eat!!!!!!!!

Day 15!! I feel awesome; the first week was like swimming through fire, but I can feel my strength returning tremendously every day... NEVER >>>>ING AGAIN

Day 18!! Still going strong, but getting tired of the lack of energy, and the very few hours of sleep that I do get, but feel great, proud, determined, and focused... and clear-headed... and EMOTIONAL!!! wtf?

Day 22.... starting to work out for real today... feel weak, but besides that... symptoms are gone, appetite is back, and really looking forwards to day 30... seems like a landmark number to reach..
    jlho911 likes this.

numbOne is offline Member

It is a Huge landmark! Congrats on your success and resolve to quit!!!!

Feeling emotional is par for the course. Filling yourself with opiates has numbed these feelings for a while, so when that veil is lifted the floodgates sorta open. Now is a sensitive time for you - take note of these emotions and remember if you have an odd thought/feeling/emotion it does not define who you are or mean anything is wrong - just observe it for what it is take what you can from it and move on

chuck777 is offline New Member

My experience has been 11&1/2 years of methadone then switched to suboxone for two &1/2 years. After a couple months i cut down from 16mg to 8mg with no problem. I spent last year slowly cutting down to 1mg. Woke up sick every day but then cut to .5mg for 3 weeks. Took last dose .25mg 9 days ago. Still feel like >>>>. However, compared to opiate withdrawal it's not as bad. With some clonidine & clonopin been able to sleep every night. Stomach sucks though. AVOID DAIRY PRODUCTS!!!!! TRUST ME i been a junkie since 1994.

Whosoever8805 is offline New Member

I know this is old but just wanted to shed some light on suboxone withdrawal! I am going on day 3 and besides some mild physical and emotional symptoms, im fine. I think while at work and when it's time for bed, is when the symptoms are worst because my brain is attempting to relax. DO NOT READ HORROR STORIES! If you do it WILL be worse! The anticipation of symptoms will develop anxiety and make everything worse. Stick to positive stories like these. THIS particular story helped me tremendously! GOOD LUCK!

FreedomofYahweh is offline New Member

You need all the positive you can get im on day 30 I believe I can tell anymore lol off suboxone over a years worth. I first started when I tore my shoulder in baseball and we all know how that goes the stupid me got into herion well I realized that was horrible w/ds and couldnt stop moving lol so I tried suboxon from a friend and it made me feel great but stupid me kept using them.I will tell you this I did not taper whatsoever and didnt do my research and let me tell you Its day 30 and I still have a lil toruble sleeping and still do not feel normal Suboxon is worse the herion w/d atleast on herion I could sleep after 2 weeks. Dont let his discourage anyone though I feel better then I was on drugs of course. I just wish I didnt have to take gabapentin or a xanax to sleep I dont use on the same night I try to off set them so i dont get addicted . So My advice Taper to .25mg and then jump it will be so much easier .There is comfort in the fact I will be over this its just our bodies need to time to heal just like our lungs need a year to heal after smoking

jennjenn75 is offline New Member

Ok so I'm reading all these post n I'm curious as to what do y'all mean by "then jump " I'm confused I'm also trying to stop the saboxon n today was the 2nd day but w/d's kicked n & I broke down n cut me a very lil piece n took it bc I couldn't get outta bed so I need all the advice to get rid of these strips I'm sick of em I was a recovering addict until I started buying tabs off the street for my severe headaches n I decided I wanted to stop those n my Dr started me off on one 8mg strip the next month I went back told him how I was feeling n he put me on another one but I never take 2 it would make me sick

bwcbwc23 is offline New Member

Hi I'm new to the site and I'm really looking for some help. I had my daughter August of last year and after a routine c section I was prescribed 10mg narco.. although they are not the stongest pain medication out there I had a terrible time trying to function without them. I had been taking them on and off since August up until the last three weeks. I tired to quit them cold turkey and i was unable to even really function because I was having severe anxiety. My friend gave me an 8 mg suboxone and I was able to make it last for four to five days. I have been taking them pretty regularly for the past three weeks and I'm really wanting to get off them for good. I'm so afraid that I'm going to have the horrible anxiety and withdrawals again. I hav two sweet babies that need their momma back. Please help.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jennjenn75 View Post
    Ok so I'm reading all these post n I'm curious as to what do y'all mean by "then jump " I'm confused I'm also trying to stop the saboxon n today was the 2nd day but w/d's kicked n & I broke down n cut me a very lil piece n took it bc I couldn't get outta bed so I need all the advice to get rid of these strips I'm sick of em I was a recovering addict until I started buying tabs off the street for my severe headaches n I decided I wanted to stop those n my Dr started me off on one 8mg strip the next month I went back told him how I was feeling n he put me on another one but I never take 2 it would make me sick
    Hi there. To "jump" off Sub means to quit (usually after a taper). We have a great taper plan here. You need to get stable at a particular dose - whatever that may be. Stable means having little to no WD symptoms. Once stable, reduce by 25%. Get stable again. Reduce another 25%. Repeat this process until you're down to .25mg and then you can do "skip days", then jump off.

The best thing to do is start your own thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. There are many members currently tapering using the taper plan I just described. It has worked for many people over the years. You'll get lots of help and support if you start a thread.

Kat

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bwcbwc23 View Post
    Hi I'm new to the site and I'm really looking for some help. I had my daughter August of last year and after a routine c section I was prescribed 10mg narco.. although they are not the stongest pain medication out there I had a terrible time trying to function without them. I had been taking them on and off since August up until the last three weeks. I tired to quit them cold turkey and i was unable to even really function because I was having severe anxiety. My friend gave me an 8 mg suboxone and I was able to make it last for four to five days. I have been taking them pretty regularly for the past three weeks and I'm really wanting to get off them for good. I'm so afraid that I'm going to have the horrible anxiety and withdrawals again. I hav two sweet babies that need their momma back. Please help.
    Hi there. I only have a minute to post. Read the above reply that I made to jennjenn75. I described the taper plan that we have here. It works wonders if you follow it. If you want help and support, the best thing to do is start a new thread on the Suboxone Treatment board.

I'll check back...
    Kat

sickofpain246 is offline New Member

Default Help!

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-28-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: misspelled workds

Hollywood021 is offline New Member

Default Hey I just want to say thank you

Quote Originally Posted by danimal245 View Post
    Day 22.... starting to work out for real today... feel weak, but besides that... symptoms are gone, appetite is back, and really looking forwards to day 30... seems like a landmark number to reach..
    I don't know if you still use this site and I hope you are still clean and things are still good for you. I read your top story and I am in a similar situation. On and off usage of prescription pain medications 10mg hydrocodone about 15-20 per day. I took suboxone about 1/2 to 3/4 strip per day for a month or two and toda was the first 24 hour period with nothing in my body. You sounded so happy in your messages and I need a piece of that to know I can get my personality back. I can be me again, good luck brother I'm doing this for real this time.

thereal562 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood021 View Post
    I don't know if you still use this site and I hope you are still clean and things are still good for you. I read your top story and I am in a similar situation. On and off usage of prescription pain medications 10mg hydrocodone about 15-20 per day. I took suboxone about 1/2 to 3/4 strip per day for a month or two and toda was the first 24 hour period with nothing in my body. You sounded so happy in your messages and I need a piece of that to know I can get my personality back. I can be me again, good luck brother I'm doing this for real this time.

Dude I've just quit 7 days ago from a five year horrible Norco habit everyday and I took subs for a month and a half got down to .25 mg and jumped. I'm on day 6 or 7 after not having anything in my system and I still have zero energy and feel irritable I hope it subsides soon aswell

Stepheng1990 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by danimal245 View Post
    So, my history; for about 1 year, on and off, I did 1-2 roxis, and stopped those 5 weeks ago and started using the sub strips.. I can make a strip last for 6 doses and this is what I did for a month and a half, but never took anything on Saturdays or Sundays because I could lay around and not have to be productive. But here is my concern and where my questions come in:

It's been exactly 51 hours since I took 1mg of sub. Before that, I took nothing for 2 days before the 1mg, and only took from 1-2mg of sub monday through friday, since I do work during the week.. but I'm here now, and like I said, it's been 51 hours since I took a very tiny piece of sub and its been 48 days since I took any opiates. I don't feel too bad right now; more nervous from the anticipation of feeling dope sick; it seems that the worst of this whole ordeal is all inside my head. I did have adderall yesterday, this morning, and some for tomorrow, with the plan of making sunday day 6.

I've read horror stories about the w/ds not starting for days after you stop, but based on ya'll experience, with what I've, idiotically, done to myself, what am I in for? Do you think I'll be in bad shape come day 7 when I have to go to work?

Any advice or information is very appreciated!
    I'm on day 11 and still feel bad

Crownshine is offline New Member

Ive been on suboxin for 3 yrs and took 16 mg a day maybe more on weekends. I just got tired of the depression it was giving me! So i went to detox for 7 days tapered down in there and im on day 2 and feel a little restless legs and cold chills but nothing i cant handle. I wanted to do this for myself and my son hes my world and i commited to whatever symptoms come my way! Im off work for 2 weeks hehe lucky me but ive found staying busy making yourself get up go to meetings and communicate with the world works. Ive found myself laughing and cutting up with others through this but main thing stay busy its just drugs your coming off of its not the end of the world plp... Also a doc told me you dont get withdrawl symptoms from suboxin its more of a metal dependency thing. So suck it up butter cup
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2018 at 09:07 PM.