Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes
Suboxone withdrawl????
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CW01 View Post
    Hey everyone, sorry for posting again on this thread, but I want the subject of my own thread to be about my entire experience and not just these few days. I am only posting because I am worried about tomorrow(day 4). I still feel totally fine, but after researching other people's experiences it seems like day 4 could be the start of something worse to come. I have a long day of social events tomorrow, and I don't want to be around a lot of people if I'm going to be hurting. I know I should just wait and see, but I do worry.
    I'm confused? You haven't jumped of the subs yet? The day 4 you are referring to is 4 days after the last dose of subs! That's because the half-life of the subs has caught up! You are on such a small amount you should just jump, if you have any withdrawals at all I'm pretty certain that they will be very minimal!

Try not to worry, your mind is gonna make this worse than it really is!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hey everyone, sorry for posting again on this thread, but I want the subject of my own thread to be about my entire experience and not just these few days. I am only posting because I am worried about tomorrow(day 4). I still feel totally fine, but after researching other people's experiences it seems like day 4 could be the start of something worse to come. I have a long day of social events tomorrow, and I don't want to be around a lot of people if I'm going to be hurting. I know I should just wait and see, but I do worry.
    It's cool dude, I don't mind if you post on this thread.. I have no clue what 0.125 is. IIRC that is what you said you were taking. I took the strips and made them last mostly 7 days some times 10 days. I'm not sure what that % is, but it couldn't have been all that much, bc I didn't feel any serious wd's like I expected. Like I said earlier I took that amount for 3/4 of a year, so that probably is the reason for minimal wd's. If you have been on a small amount for a decent amount of time you will be alright. Just keep yourself busy with things you enjoy. Mind over matter. You can conquer this!!!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Had a minute before I take off again, and wanted to add my experience to a few things. I'm not a pro in any possible way, but do have the degree and some experience in the field and experienced almost the exact same things as PensFan and many others I'm sure. I was extremely outgoing, but first alcohol and then junk made me lose a lifetime including a family and promising career. Got clean for a few years then an accident put me right back into the hospital and they put me on almost the exact same junk as before. Lay in a hospital bed for almost 8 years before my gf found me, woke me up and started me on the road to recovery. About a year ago when we moved up here I went into a really dark place because we were making an 8 hour drive to see my last doctor. Found the Tomas Recipe Thread one really dark night and began reading. Over the course of the year I built up the courage to finish off my tapers and finally make the jump a little over 2 weeks ago. So I think a lot of us go through a similar process in some way because I definitely became withdrawn and couldn't even leave the house for many, many years.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

CW01 is offline New Member

Thanks again for the replies. So I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought when I said I was through day 4. I did mean that I hadn't had anything for 4 days. Today is day 6 without anything and I will only say that I felt a small amount of fatigue yesterday and this morning, but nothing that would even come close to breaking my spirits. It's very strange to not wake up in the morning and look for my strip, as I have had that same routine for 5 yrs and 3 months. I have been reading other people's posts about there experiences without comment for such a long time, and I guess I needed a bit of a reassurance to help me get it in my mind that I was physically ready to quite. I really want to fully share my experience in detail as soon as I feel absolutely 100%. I very much appreciate the kind words of support peeps.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks again for the replies. So I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought when I said I was through day 4. I did mean that I hadn't had anything for 4 days. Today is day 6 without anything and I will only say that I felt a small amount of fatigue yesterday and this morning, but nothing that would even come close to breaking my spirits. It's very strange to not wake up in the morning and look for my strip, as I have had that same routine for 5 yrs and 3 months. I have been reading other people's posts about there experiences without comment for such a long time, and I guess I needed a bit of a reassurance to help me get it in my mind that I was physically ready to quite. I really want to fully share my experience in detail as soon as I feel absolutely 100%. I very much appreciate the kind words of support peeps.
    Good job CW.. I'm at day 24 and it's a great feeling waking up in the morning and then having that same feeling through out the day. I really didn't think this was doable without smoking greenery, but I was wrong; I haven't smoked going on 3 weeks. Just keep doing what you're doing and soon you'll be at a month and so on. Stay positive it's a marathon not a sprint.
    CW01, DravenDomnq and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 26 of no subs and all I can do is smh and chuckle.. I chuckle bc if I don't, I easily could shed some tears about all I've screwed up in the last 5 years: especially the last 3 years. And since I'm not a crier, I have to give my infamous rye smile. Plus I don't have a rewind button to hit, so I'm not getting the past back ever. I've kinda always marched to the beat of my own drum since I was in my early 20's, and seemed to want to learn my life lessons by myself instead of through others. You live and you learn is the saying and through this 8 year opiate ordeal I've learned.. I learned a lot. But the most important lesson has come to light in the last month. That lesson is if I put my mind in a clear place and set out to accomplish something I'm not as mentally weak as I once thought I was.
    CW01 and DravenDomnq like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Day 26 of no subs and all I can do is smh and chuckle.. I chuckle bc if I don't, I easily could shed some tears about all I've screwed up in the last 5 years: especially the last 3 years. And since I'm not a crier, I have to give my infamous rye smile. Plus I don't have a rewind button to hit, so I'm not getting the past back ever. I've kinda always marched to the beat of my own drum since I was in my early 20's, and seemed to want to learn my life lessons by myself instead of through others. You live and you learn is the saying and through this 8 year opiate ordeal I've learned.. I learned a lot. But the most important lesson has come to light in the last month. That lesson is if I put my mind in a clear place and set out to accomplish something I'm not as mentally weak as I once thought I was.
    That's great!! Finally catching up with your thread, so glad you're still hanging on strong!! I'm hitting 3 weeks tomorrow myself, and just starting to laugh about how afraid I've been over the past year to make the jump. It's nice to see how well we can function without all the junk!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    That's great!! Finally catching up with your thread, so glad you're still hanging on strong!! I'm hitting 3 weeks tomorrow myself, and just starting to laugh about how afraid I've been over the past year to make the jump. It's nice to see how well we can function without all the junk!!!
    lol, I have no choice but to hang on strong bc I don't have any subs nor do I associate with anyone who does them anymore. It's weird bc I haven't craved them since jumping almost a month ago. I dated a nurse off and on a few years ago and she worked in a hospital where they deal with addicts and the mentally ill. When patients were detoxing from pills or H they would give them subs and I'm almost certain she told me to get off of them in 2012 bc ( it had been like a year I was on them at that point) they only gave patients subs for like a week for pill addicts. And they only gave them small amounts not the 16-24mg that sub docs over prescribe. I probably should have listened but obviously I didn't. Congrats on 3 weeks and be proud bc that's an accomplishment for sure.. I used to think I functioned better all wired up, but obviously we know how false that is.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 29 of no subs..YAY!!!! I don't know why stopping this time was a lot easier than in the past, but it was.. I'm convinced that is was my state of mind then compared to now. The only time subs creep into my mind is when I come on here but it's not a craving feeling that I get. I haven't felt this good in a long long time...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 35 of no subs... I must admit it's an incredible feeling not having the opiate fog cloud my head...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 40 of no subs... For sure the longest I've gone in 8 years. It's a great feeling.
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 45 of no subs and I'm still trucking along. It's crazy that I felt like I was gonna be on subs for the rest of my life and now I see that it is possible to stop if one gets their mind right. My body, mind, and appetite are all doing better without opiates in my system. In fact I've even put on 10 lbs in the last week or so.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Wow day 50 of no subs and, I will say stopping was a lot easier than, I anticipated. That is why I'm convinced this fight is more mental than most think. Going from 12-15 750's a day and 60mg of percs to 5 years on subs to nothing seemed to take it's toll, but it was a learning experience for sure. For the first time since 2008 I'm gonna be opiate free bringing in the new year. I'll check in here every few weeks from this point on. Happy New Year to all who are reading this and struggling along with all who have conquered their demons. Keep your head up, and keep your mind positive bc quitting is doable.. Trust me if I can do it so can you!!!!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations Happy New Years

Anonymous Guest

Day 54 and no struggles.. Maybe the year of making a strip last mostly 7 days is the reason why my wd symptoms were very minimal. Maybe it was someone watching over me bc they had seen enough. Maybe my mind and body had enough. I don't know the reasoning but I'm very thankful for whatever happened bc this has been a lot easier than I anticipated.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Day 60 of no subs and everything seems to be normal... It's still kinda strange having happiness that isn't chemically induced, but I'm back to being myself which is the most important thing...
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Krysmith78 is offline Junior Member

Awesome!! Congrats! What a great way to start out a new year! I am 6 days in. Physical stuff is mostly behind me but now I need to face the mental games my head is playing. I can't wait to feel real happiness without the chemicals! It has been so long! Right now I am just sort of numb and existing and it feels like I will never feel enjoyment again because it has been tied to the chems for so long. It is inspiring to read your story and know that someday my brain will remember how to feel good again on it's own.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmith78 View Post
    Awesome!! Congrats! What a great way to start out a new year! I am 6 days in. Physical stuff is mostly behind me but now I need to face the mental games my head is playing. I can't wait to feel real happiness without the chemicals! It has been so long! Right now I am just sort of numb and existing and it feels like I will never feel enjoyment again because it has been tied to the chems for so long. It is inspiring to read your story and know that someday my brain will remember how to feel good again on it's own.
    Congrats to you as well.. The mental games suck for sure, but you can conquer them.. You just have to find some things you enjoy doing that you weren't used to doing while high. Depending upon your usage and drug of choice the numbness might be around for a little bit, but it will decrease. You just have to keep your head up and remember it's a marathon not a sprint. I must be different from most bc when I stopped subs in Nov I didn't go through physical wd's and I never really experienced the emptiness feeling that most get when stopping. I def went through a blah stage for a few days where I lacked energy and didn't really move off the couch. Laziness is what most call it, lol.. The more positive you stay and the clearer your mind is the faster the first month goes. I promise it goes fast!!!

Hey PensFan, Congrats on 60 days!! What a great accomplishment!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    Hey PensFan, Congrats on 60 days!! What a great accomplishment!!
    Thanks Draven, I appreciate it for sure...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12