Suboxone withdrawl day 6...3rd times the charm?
    Minista365 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawl day 6...3rd times the charm?

Seems like alot of ppl come here to post on day 6. Maybe because thats the first day we are able to concentrate on anything. I have been on suboxone for 11 years after an 2 yr oxy habit. I was taking 6-8mg a day for the most part and 4mg for the last month or two. Also did a quick 5 day taper with my last script from 4 to 1mg/day. Too fast i think? I have tried quitting 3 times in the past. Even took a 9 day vaca like the post i saw that brought me here to this forum. Except my sig other was still using and the day i had to go back to work i gave in.... This time i lost my job. Almost my gf of 20yrs. My house. Im done. Im fortunate to have an amazing sister that is paying our housing this month so my goal is at least 11 days of downtime at home w exercise. I cant even afford vitamins rt now. (Any cheap remedies? ) Then back to some job or if im lucky ill get my business going again. Im still hurting but its getting easier. Is 11 days a good timeline? Does anybody have experience in when you "get over the hump" so to speak? Thanks for any and all input!

So actually im on day 5 almost 6 thats my memory being gone sry. Wanted to add ive been taking gabapentin and clonodine also doxycycline. Havent had much sleep until last night. Took some muscle relaxers. Im trying to take these in moderation as i realize it feeds the opiate receptors and may possibly delay the inevitable. Today was easier than yesterday at least and apparently im very rdy for it to be day 6...

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far. Suboxone withdrawls are no joke for sure. But it is possible. I know you stopped by my thread earlier so you know a bit of my story. I jumped from 1mg of subs and the withdrawls lasted about a month. The first two weeks were terrible. But after that I still had withdrawl symptoms but they just seemed to slowly dissipate until I was just living my life. I'm sorry to say that 11 day timeline probably isn't gonna happen. But everyone heals differently and at different rates. You can do this. It will be tough and frustrating but I can tell you that life clean is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. Next Monday I will celebrate 2 years clean!! This site has many many success stories, and everyone here will help you through this process. It is possible but you have to want it more than anything in the world.

Next, please be careful with the clonadine, gabapentin, and anything else that may be a problem down the road for you. You definately don't want to trade one for the other.

I know you said you don't have money for vitamins. But google the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal. There's a lot of good stuff in there that will help your body recover faster. One of the main things that helped my recovery was an amino acid called DLPA. Great stuff!!!!! Definately avoid the benzo that it recommends too.

Time is the biggest factor here. It is gonna take a while before you begin to feel better. And believe me it's a gradual process. Get up and stay active!!! I can't stress that enough. Take a walk, do some jumping jacks, anything to get the blood flowing. It will make you feel better. I worked everyday through my detox and as much as I hated it, it truly helped me. It forced me to be active and talking to people. I would have much rather been curled up on the couch or in bed but it helped so much.

Drink tons of water/gatorade. Keep yourself hydrated.
    Eat a protein rich healthy diet with lots of leafy greens and vegetables.
    Take sleep as it comes. Don't fight it. If you can't sleep find something to occupy your mind for a bit. Otherwise it will drive you crazy just tossing and turning all night.

Well I'm sure I forgot a few things there. But ask as many questions as you need to. Someone will always be here to give you support/advice.

Congratulations again and welcome.
    Have a great day
    Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hello and welcome. Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far. Suboxone withdrawls are no joke for sure. But it is possible. I know you stopped by my thread earlier so you know a bit of my story. I jumped from 1mg of subs and the withdrawls lasted about a month. The first two weeks were terrible. But after that I still had withdrawl symptoms but they just seemed to slowly dissipate until I was just living my life. I'm sorry to say that 11 day timeline probably isn't gonna happen. But everyone heals differently and at different rates. You can do this. It will be tough and frustrating but I can tell you that life clean is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. Next Monday I will celebrate 2 years clean!! This site has many many success stories, and everyone here will help you through this process. It is possible but you have to want it more than anything in the world.

Next, please be careful with the clonadine, gabapentin, and anything else that may be a problem down the road for you. You definately don't want to trade one for the other.

I know you said you don't have money for vitamins. But google the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal. There's a lot of good stuff in there that will help your body recover faster. One of the main things that helped my recovery was an amino acid called DLPA. Great stuff!!!!! Definately avoid the benzo that it recommends too.

Time is the biggest factor here. It is gonna take a while before you begin to feel better. And believe me it's a gradual process. Get up and stay active!!! I can't stress that enough. Take a walk, do some jumping jacks, anything to get the blood flowing. It will make you feel better. I worked everyday through my detox and as much as I hated it, it truly helped me. It forced me to be active and talking to people. I would have much rather been curled up on the couch or in bed but it helped so much.

Drink tons of water/gatorade. Keep yourself hydrated.
    Eat a protein rich healthy diet with lots of leafy greens and vegetables.
    Take sleep as it comes. Don't fight it. If you can't sleep find something to occupy your mind for a bit. Otherwise it will drive you crazy just tossing and turning all night.

Well I'm sure I forgot a few things there. But ask as many questions as you need to. Someone will always be here to give you support/advice.

Congratulations again and welcome.
    Have a great day
    Beef
    Thank you very much for your response and well wishes. Slept like 3 hours last night and tossed and turned until about 830. We are in 1br with my 10yo son and my fiance so it's not the most comfy and i have to put on a non sick face for him. I do have some money for vitamins now. My list to buy includes ginseng, ginko, vit b6 and b12. Is the DLPA like a gnc thing? Id like to go homeopathic only. Def afraid of being hooked on the gabapentin. Isk id it is even helping it doeant seem to make much difference. Thanks for your response again! Your story is inspirational and fuel to keep me going.

Default Update

Update. I spent $5 at the local everythings $1 store ans got myself super B complex, vit D, testostarone booster, energy supplemenr that has ginseng, ginko guarana, green tea in it and finally melatonin to help falling asleep. I had a few ritalin laying around and took one this morning for energy. I can say today is by far my easiest day yet. I can see the light. I know its not over yet but i feel like i can win the fight today. Praying the feeling lasts and its not juat because od the ritalin. Anybody know if its a good idea to take those? I only have a cpl. I dont want to back slide.

Hopes1211 is offline New Member

Beef - sorry, i forgot out create my own thread. I just wanted to say congratulations to you. Wow, has it been two years! So proud of you. I can tell you are one determined person. I can't remember how many years I have been on here - probably about 4 or 5. I come and go. Some day . . . Keep of the great work, and life you are having. You remind me a lot like Randy. You both did a 360 with not only quitting, but your life seems really good. Keep posting. There are a lot of people who need you.

Hope

zebra1961 is offline Member

minista, welcome a little background was on subs about 2 1/2 years jumped at 6-8 mgs maybe more brain was foggy i tried some stimulants over the counter helped a little with energy but made me really grumpy so i stopped, I would avoid them its just another problem forming you dont need that sounds like you have plenty on your plate now. I slept for 2 1/2 hours the first three weeks, stimulants will only compound that problem like Beef told you roll with the punches with sleep take what it gives you it will return to normal but it takes time And like Beef says we are all different we all heal up at different speeds so dont let me scare you you may recover far quicker than i did, Just know this i am a 205lb wiener when it comes to suffering and i made it so i know you can, the worst should be behind you now. I am not a doctor but can tell i used the comfort drugs sleep aid ( did not work ) clonidine and the over the counter stimulants for first 5 days then quit using them and got off it,so hang in there things will return to normal but takes time stay busy exercise hot soaks helped me a ton with physical wds and hard exercise helped with mental part of it. Use the thomas recipe minus the benzos you will make it, hope this helps if you have any more questions keep posting lots of good people who have gone thru this who are willing to help DON'T GIVE UP you can do it sounds corny but is very true!!!!!