Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    Walkley822 is offline Member

Today marks day 1 at 1.2mgs. Fingers crossed..

Wavision is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Today marks day 1 at 1.2mgs. Fingers crossed..
    Awesome. Congrats on the drop. Today is day 4 at 1.25. I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping to 1mg tomorrow.

Keep us updated on how you're feeling today.

Checking in. Day two at 1.2 and so far so good. Had some stomach issues this morning and my anxiety was a problem until I forced myself to get up and shower. Then things got better. I have a tiny headache at the moment but it should go away with more water. By the way I can’t stop drinking water at any point throughout the day or I get a headache. Ridiculous. Anyway, I’m glad I dropped to 1.2 instead of going right to 1.0. I think that was a smart move even though it’s slower. I swear tapering is the slowest form of torture.

10years39days is offline Member

Hey walkley! Good job! You’re doing something amazing, and you’ve definitely got the right mindset. Keep on taking care of your body! Yeah tapering is tough, but you WILL get through it. Just like limbo...go as low as possible.

Maybe get a little bit of Gatorade and see if that helps with the headache. Aleve or Ibuprofen probably wouldn’t hurt either, but the choice is yours.

For stomach issues, have you tried liquid Imodium yet? Stomach issues will likely worsen after you jump. The liquid stuff is amazing and makes the process a lot more comfortable.

You down to one dose or still at two?

For me, symptoms worsened the lower I went after switching to one dose. I know you don’t want to hear this, but you need to know that it’s possible.

You’re strong...you’ve come so far...and the finish line is within reach.

Good to hear you made another drop. Keep us updated on how you're feeling. Keep a positive mindset as well!

10 - first off, I think you are amazing and so is everyone else that has gone through this journey and come out on the other side. I will 100% need liquid Imodium fo sho. I’ve heard great things.

Second, I’m still on two doses. Scared to death to go to one. That’s almost like jumping to me. Trying to just focus on getting to 1mg. I’m sure I’ll be posting on here like crazy when I switch to a single dose.

Today went very well. I didn’t feel the need to take my second dose at my regularly scheduled time like I always do. I still took it don’t get me wrong but I wasn’t counting down the hours until I could take it like I usually find myself doing. So that was a major improvement.

I was so scared to drop down to one dose. Honestly it wasn’t too bad in hindsight. It was 100% a mental game, and I would assume it will be the same for you.

Don’t ever forget that you are stronger than the poison. You can and will slay the beast. You can and will shed the lead suit. You can and will have a life that is free of this drug. All you have to do is want this more than anything in the world.

I was certain that life wouldn’t be normal once I did the jump. In a way, I was right...because it is WAY better than I could’ve ever imagined. Every day is something new and amazing. I know that is hard to believe. But it’s so true.

It’s literally as if I woke up with a new set of eyes. Everything has changed.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    InsaneJane likes this.

Today is the 4th day at 1.2 and for some reason got a headache as soon as I woke up. Also had trouble sleeping the last two nights which I have not experienced up until this point (taking .7mgs in am and .5mgs pm). I also experienced some serious chest pounding anxiety yesterday afternoon. Does this mean I should stay at this dose for a few more days? 1.2 was going really well up until now and now I’m not sure what to do. I was about to lower my morning dose to .5mgs this morning and stopped myself and glad I did. Isn’t it too early in my taper to start feeling these symptoms? The only thing I can think of is I basically went from 8mgs to 1.7mgs (in converted sub doses) over a two month period which is kinda quick. Randy, if you’re out there, this one is for you (or anyone else who’d like to weigh in).

Getting down below 1mg isn’t an easy task. I completely forgot about this, but I had headaches for a couple of weeks when I started approaching the .75mg mark (during my initial taper).

Once I hit .5mg, the headaches pretty much disappeared.

Pounding chest, for me, didn’t start until I reduced to one dose a day. Then it slowly got better, and then it came back for the first few days after the jump.

How did the rest of your day go Walkley?

I was just starting to get a little headache before I took my night dose. I could also feel the anxiety creeping up and a little heavy feeling in my chest.

Hope it turned around for you today and you sleep well tonight.

You guys are so great. Thanks for being there. The rest of yesterday was fine. I decided to bite the bullet this morning and drop down to 1.0mg so today is my first day at 1.0. Kinda proud of myself for being able to drop this far this fast. Inducted at 5.7mgs (zubsolv) two months ago so it’s definitely an accomplishment for me. That said, I’ve only been on sub for two months and I started tapering almost immediately. I would have thought itd be easier for someone like me to taper since I wasn’t on them for years like other people usually are before they decide to taper. Surprisingly my taper has proven to be just as difficult. I’m hoping and praying my final jump will be the differentiator here but who knows at this point. Will worry about that later. Have to get through today first.

That's awesome. Congrats on the drop. Yes, that is pretty fast and I hope you are right about the final jump. I would think with it only being 2 months that you would have an easier time as well. At least at some point.

Let us know how the drop goes.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Just wanted to poke my head in and say you 2 are doing an amazing job!!! I've been lurking and following both your storiesand hhaven't really had much to add with all the perfect advice you've recieved. You guys are inspiring many and your stories will help many to come!!

Proud of you both!!
    Keep it going!! It gets even better!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Beef! The support i feel from you all is such an amazing feeling. You guys are the best, I swear.

Got another headache this afternoon. And I’m drinking a lot of water. Maybe it has to do with not being able to sleep for the past 3 nights?? Fingers are crossed that there is some relief coming my way tomorrow.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

David256 is offline Member

Excellent work, good on ya! Love the support y’all provide. Hoping to be on your heels soon.

Day two at 1mg. So far so good. No headache yet (fingers crossed!!!) just stomach issues per usual bit I’ve gotten used to that. Eyes have started to get red again. I find that happens when I’m not stable yet. Think I may stay at 1.0 for a little while to make sure things even out. I love staring at the last leg of this taper. It’s doesnt feel as daunting as it used to. It actually seems achievable.
    InsaneJane likes this.

Also forgot to mention I haven’t slept in 3 days.i toss and turn and stretch? all night. What is up with the stretching? It’s a nightmare. Now I know what everyone is talking about with the insomnia and it’s as bad as everyone says! I even used unisom last night desperate for a little relief but got maybe 4 hours. I can tell I’m exhausted. Hoping once I stabilize at this dose it will get better. But mentally I’m still in a good place because I’m proud of myself for getting so far so quickly.

So good to hear you're doing good. So pumped for you.

What do you feel your next drop will be to?

Single dose?

When do you think you will take the single dose? Am...pm?

Hey Walkley - have you tried Highlands Restful Legs? It helps with RLS. The stretching is all part of the process. Keep stepping in the right direction!

Also...food for thought...I had great success by taking Ondansetron. Stanford University did a study and it showed relative success at combating Suboxone withdrawal symptoms.

It’s a safe medicine that they routinely give to pregnant woman, among others.

10 - yes I’m going to ask my doctor for that onedestrone as soon as possible. And I’m getting hylands restless legs after work today. So the stretching is all part of the RLS? Interesting...

Wavision - I’m not sure about the next drop yet. I’m playing with the idea of a single dose but I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet. Almost think I should taper off my night dose first. What are you thinking? Single dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    10 - yes I’m going to ask my doctor for that onedestrone as soon as possible. And I’m getting hylands restless legs after work today. So the stretching is all part of the RLS? Interesting...

Wavision - I’m not sure about the next drop yet. I’m playing with the idea of a single dose but I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet. Almost think I should taper off my night dose first. What are you thinking? Single dose?
    I'm not sure either. It's a big step and I don't know if I should drop the fully 25% down to .75 single dose. Or if I should make it smaller like to .85 or something.

Also don't know what time of day I want to take the single dose... I just think sleeping is going to be my biggest issue. And anxiety.

So I keep thinking I should take the single dose at night to hopefully sleep better. I have a very overactive brain and just think it would be mentally comforting if I take it at night.

On the other hand its just easier to wake up and take it in the morning.

Just such a hard decision to make right now for me. Ugh

Ok so from the sounds of it, your gut feeling is telling you to take it at night so that’s what you should do. I know for me, I won’t be able to wake up and not take any because I feel like such >>>> when I wake up every day and I have to be “on” all day at work so for me I think early morning will work best. timing isn’t as much an issue for me as amount. Like right now I’m at .5mg and .5mg. If I switch to one dose next then my morning dose would increase to .75 and has to carry me a full 24hrs? I dunno I think if that’s the case I might drop to .875 to make that transition a little easier on myself.

Yeah one of the nice things is that I work from home. Yes, I'm busy, but I don't have to be around a bunch of people or drive to work or anything.

I don't have any kids yet, so thats good as well. My biggest stress is getting through this without my fiance, who I live with knowing... Oh well, I guess that's what I get for keeping it hidden...

I would recommend the single dose in the morning. It will help your body adjust to not “anticipating” the dose throughout the day. You can do this.

I was very scared to drop down to one daily dose. It seems daunting but I promise it’s almost 100% mental.

Personally I would stabilize on 1mg (one dose) before dropping again. You will gain a lot of confidence with this process.

Proud of you!!

I can remember my gut telling me that I should take my single dose in the evening. Then it was Randy who recommended taking it in the morning.

It’s a mental challenge...once you break that barrier there’s no looking back!

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    I would recommend the single dose in the morning. It will help your body adjust to not “anticipating” the dose throughout the day. You can do this.

I was very scared to drop down to one daily dose. It seems daunting but I promise it’s almost 100% mental.

Personally I would stabilize on 1mg (one dose) before dropping again. You will gain a lot of confidence with this process.

Proud of you!!
    10 this sounds like good advice.

I am currently at 1mg split into two doses. Are you suggesting staying at 1mg but move it to one time a day? So essentially I could be on 1mg for 8-10 days... 4-5 with double dosing and 4-5 single dosing?

That’s what I did, yes, but if you want to challenge yourself you could drop to .75mg and see how it goes.

Going to a single dose was purely mental for me. You are literally fighting your brain and it’s urge to medicate.

This is a marathon, and you really should pace yourself. Things get a little more difficult once you start tapering below .5mg. It’s critical that you are stable before dropping, or else the WD’s will linger around a longer than they should.

From this point forward you won’t feel 100% until after you’ve jumped and go through the full blown withdrawals.

This is training for the cage match...and your body will be ready to fight. You’ve got this!!

The choice is yours, but I want to add this: If you take the single dose at night, you are placating to your inner addict...you are feeding the beast.

Good, bad, or indifferent...it’s true. Dosing decisions shouldn’t be made by that crazy addict living inside of you.

It sounds harsh...but I feel like you guys know my intentions and that I’d never judge one of you...not in a million years.

I get what you're saying. I will just take the dose in the morning. One way or another there's just some things you have to go through. Thank you for the input.

10, that’s what I was thinking too. But good call on staying at the same dose split then singled. I may go that route.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast