Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    10years39days is offline Member

I’m sure Randy has some input on this subject too. Randy you lurking out there?

Anonymous Guest

Hi. You're doing great!!! There's a long time member on here that told me slow and steady wins the race. She was right. If you haven't read her thread yet her name is Catrina. You can do this!!!! You have to want it more than anything in the world. You will feel so much better. Keep going.......
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Walkley822 is offline Member

Made it through day 2 with no headache. Yesssss. Red eyes? Check. Stomach issues? Of course. But made it through the day until about 5:30pm when I dosed again so that makes a whole 12 hours between doses. Now if I could just get some sleep tonight things would really be looking up!

Blaze that trail...keep it up!

I have never been a morning person. When on my doc I could sleep until noon easy. But once I started the subs, I was up every day at 6:30am without an alarm. I welcomed this change because I hadn’t experienced anything like it in so long and I could be super productive. Well this past week, I’ve been getting up at 3:30am. I have no trouble falling asleep because I’m so so tired but I get up like clockwork at 3:30am it’s annoying and way too early but there’s nothing I can do about it. I can’t fall back asleep. So here I am writing to you all. Really hope this doesn’t mean I won’t get a decent nights sleep until I’m done with my taper. Yikes!!! I hope you’re all fast asleep and not feeling this pain.

Hey Walkley - it’s 4:17am and I’m with ya. This is a little too early for me. On Suboxone I was a zombie in the morning. I also stopped caffeine when I stopped Suboxone.

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been waking up around 6am but the past few days has been around 4 to 5am. I’m gonna have to change my bedtime if this is gonna stick around.

I’m assuming your sleep habits will adjust as you jump and get clean. Hard to say how things will change.

Wishing you the best! Hope u can fall back asleep.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Thanks 10! I hope you get some sleep too this weekend. And whatever you do, don’t get the flu! Poor beef.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Thanks!! I've been through worse. Lol. This too shall pass!!

Awww Beef. The flu is terrible. Trying to get clean in the dead of winter is just brutallll. Feel better bud!

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Wow u guys are really an inspiration. Kinda rethinking my own game plan here. Getting back into recovery looks better. and better. I can’t imagine having the flu on top of detox- Hugs to u Beef. Walkley - no “can do this” you ARE doing this AND kicking axx. I know how long those sleepless nights can be tho. Are your docs opposed to a two or three night stent of Ambien - I don’t know if it’s even allowed or recommended. I’m sure the long time members will chime in with suggestions.
    I will be sending hugs and thoughts of love to all of you. Stay strong- light is fast approaching.
    IJ.

Today marks day 4 at 1mg (.5 twice a day) and I’m stable. I’m now struggling with what is supposed to come next. 10 mentioned I should take the full 1mg in the morning and try to have it carry me for a full 24 hours. I think I’m going to try that. I really hope it carries me through the night. I’m a little scared but I’m going to try it. I really hope this doesn’t set my progress back at all.

Jane, thank you for the words of encouragement. It’s really touching to know youre rooting for me. This forum really is special place and gives you more strength than you had before. Let us know what you decide with the zub. Talk to you soon!

Wavision is offline Member

Awesome to hear Walkley. I think I'm going to do a few days at 1mg single dose as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey Walkley,

Did you try the 1mg once a day? if yes, let us know how it went.

Today is the day I'm dropping to one dose. I think I'm gonna start at 1mg for a couple days. If I feel good after 2 or 3 days I will drop to.75 I think.

Hey wav, yes I dropped to a single dose starting today at 6am - 1mg. I didn’t want to change to a single dose and drop at the same time. The plan is to drop to .75mg after I adjust to this first which may take me some time.

Good to hear. We are in the same boat.

Single dose of 1mg today for me as well, and I just decided to go with taking it in the morning. Like 10 pointed out, taking it at night is just listening to the addict inside and having the comfort of knowing there's something to look forward to.

We are getting there....

It’s almost 4pm which is the time I’d usually take my second dose and I’m already starting to backslide a bit. I shouldn’t be, at least not yet, but I am. My eyes are getting all achey which is what happens when I need to take more. I’m going to try and fight through it but tonight is going to be tougher than I thought.

Walkley - it’s tough but you can do this! Fight through it. The weird eye things happened to me too...could barely focus on anything (visually). It will get better! This is such a huge step...proud of you!

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Walkley - it’s tough but you can do this! Fight through it. The weird eye things happened to me too...could barely focus on anything (visually). It will get better! This is such a huge step...proud of you!
    10 is the eye thing you are talking about feel like your eyes are wide open and you are just kinda staring and can't focus on anything.....almost like an anxiety feeling in your eyes. I've had this happen a few times so far.

Walkley, you got this. In a couple days you will be stabilized and feeling better.

How ya feeling tonight?

Woke up at 4am and was definitely in wd which is fine but I didn’t want to take the sub too early. I ended up waiting a whole 50 minutes until 4:50am until I couldn’t take it any more. Judging by this morning, today might be harder than yesterday.

Wav, regarding the eye thing, it’s nothing like you described. My eyes achually ache almost like a dull headache and they turn red and it’s hard to focus. Even people at work have noticed it which is kinda embarrassing. It had gotten a lot better up until the single dose started. I also use NaphconA eye drops and those help a lot with the redness. The aching only goes away when you redose. Hope you’re doing well!

Anonymous Guest

Congrats on your progress all of you!
    I am 14 days off completely suboxone

Good job fighting through it yesterday walk. You are a great motivation...

Today went relatively smoothly. All things considered. I did have to take a sliver around 1:50pm which was 9 hours after my first dose but ever since I took that, I’ve been fine. More than fine. Im hoping I don’t feel the need to wake up as early tomorrow morning bc of withdrawals. Im thinking I’ll do another day at 1mg then I’ll drop down to .7.

How ya doing today??

Don't beat yourself up over the sliver...you're moving in the right direction and that's all that matters.

Hey wav - doing ok today so far. Still too early to tell. I took a unison last night and still woke up at 2am which wasn’t good but I was able to fall asleep again for a few hours and dosed when I woke up at 5:45am. I’ll provide an update later tonight. How are you doing?

I'm doing ok. Little sluggish today, but nothing bad....

Today went better than yesterday. I was able to get to 5pm before I felt wd’s coming on at which point I took another sliver. I don’t mind taking slivers so long as each day gets me further along than the day before. I feel like today was successful. Tomorrow I plan on dropping to .75mgs single dose.

Awesome to hear. I'm dropping to.75 tomorrow as well.

Rooting for you guys!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Today went better than yesterday. I was able to get to 5pm before I felt wd’s coming on at which point I took another sliver. I don’t mind taking slivers so long as each day gets me further along than the day before. I feel like today was successful. Tomorrow I plan on dropping to .75mgs single dose.

Good Morning!

Taking "slivers" is not something you want to get in the habit of doing. I read what you said in a post on David's thread where you took a sliver/extra piece or TWO either last night or the other day. Sliver's, or rescue doses are only intended to be taken once, twice at the most during the taper process, and only when you're down under 1mg daily. If you're going to be taking slivers all the time you might as well raise your dose and remain there a while, and that's not something you should do at this point. Not being mean or judgmental, just trying t get you on the right track.

I promise you the slivers aren't really doing anything. It's mostly mental and your head telling you that more sub is needed, or wanted. It's purely a habit that needs to be broken quickly.

Take your dose in the am and be done with it until the following morning. When you have those thoughts that you need more later in the day fight through those urges. Keep in mind that you're tapering off one powerful drug and some symptoms are bound to happen. That's just the way it is. It's never intended to be a cakewalk. Get those positive thoughts going that you're getting off the sub and no symptoms are going to stop you. Be determined and fight to be clean and off the sub. Positive thinking = Positive results.

Randy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast