Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    Wavision is offline Member

Hey walk. How is day one at.75 going for you??? Let us know....

Walkley822 is offline Member

Going well Wav! Today was a great day. Really busy at work so that helped. How was your first day at .75?

Same. Went great as well and was busy as well ha ha.

Our lives are almost identical right now wavision :-)

True true

Hey walk, how is it going for you???

I hope you are doing well. Give an update when you can. I look forward to hearing how you are doing.

I realized I haven’t posted in a couple of days. I was trying to see how I’d feel by Sunday night and to see if I wanted to drop to .5mgs in the morning. Things have been going relatively smoothly except for the restlessness in the evening and overall lethargy. I felt so tired all day today and didn’t want to leave my bed. So I’m going to hold off the drop for another day and stay at .7mgs before I continue on. I just want to be sure I’m stable before my next drop especially now that I’m under 1mg. I think being stabile at this time in the taper becomes even more important.

To combat the restlessness I’m going to start exercising every evening - just 15 minutes. I was researching suboxone detox recently and came across a well respected addiction doctor specializing in opiate detox in S. FL and he said there is a study that was done recently that proves that a person’s endorphin production will increase in half the time if they exercise only 12 minutes daily so long as they’re heart rate maintains at 120bps or greater. He was specifically speaking about the suboxone detox/taper and I think this is really important information that most of us should take into careful consideration. Seems like an amazing trade off to me and will be starting that ASAP.

Hope you all are having a great super bowl Sunday!

I also want to report that single dosing has gotten much easier. I now have faith that a single dose can carry me a full 24 hours and I don’t dread the evening because I can’t take that second dose any longer. This feels great because the transition to single dosing really did scare me.

You're doing great walk. Take your time and drop when you feel you can. Keep us updated.
    thefigurehead likes this.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Default Dosing

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    I also want to report that single dosing has gotten much easier. I now have faith that a single dose can carry me a full 24 hours and I don’t dread the evening because I can’t take that second dose any longer. This feels great because the transition to single dosing really did scare me.
    Single dose will def hold you. I did it and I am a wuss. Trust me, you will feel empowered not taking anything in the evening.

Glad I finally found your thread! I was looking in the wrong place. Now I know where you are at, I can post away!

You are kicking butt, buddy. Keep it up and we will be sub free together very soon.

Tim

10years39days is offline Member

Walkley- I’m so proud of you! Keep at it...your willpower is so much stronger than the beast. You are so strong...keep that mindset and you will succeed.

Walk let us know what's going on with you. How all is well.

Tim, WAV, and 10, you guys are awesome for cheering me on. I totally feel the support and it’s the BEST feeling ever.

I’m doing ok. I’ve been staying at .7mgs for a little longer to make sure all is well before decreasing further. The living situation has proven to be a tricky thing to navigate while tapering but I’m doing my best. I’m sure by Friday I’ll be back on track at .5mgs. I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me through this. Don’t know what I’d do without this forum.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Just flying by to say Good Job keep it up life clean and free is amazing...

You are kicking butt, Walk! Today is a good day to taper off sub.

How are your symptoms lately? All good I hope. Hope the nasty anxiety and antsy feelings are not bugging you. Also hope you are getting enough hydration and sleep.

You are doing this! Keep it up...

Thank you LVG and Tim! You’re so supportive and amazing. I’m doing ok. Mornings are still the worst for me. As soon as I wake up which is around 5am every day since thanksgiving since I started the sub, I experience this weird dreaded feeling in my stomach/gut and I roll around and toss and turn incessantly until it’s over. It ends after I dose so I know it’s withdrawl/sub related. It’s absolutely horrible though and I can’t wait to be off subs for it to go away for good. The rest of my days are great in comparison to my mornings. I haven’t had anymore headaches since I started drinking a gallon of water a day. By late afternoon my eyes turn red and ache and get blurry and that’s a dead giveaway the sub is metabolizing through my body and I’ve just done a drop. Also, I continue to lose weight. It’s slow but it’s pretty consistent. I’m not very tall so it’s noticeable to people I’m sure. I even feel like I look like a different person, or should I say, my old self again. Other than that, all good here. Trying to meditate in the mornings to see if it helps. This taper is starting to weigh on me. I’m getting really tired of it so I’m going to push through and hope to be done by end of feb.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good Morning Walkley, Slow and Steady wins the race... Do this Once do it correctly.. I promise everything you are feeling is normal. I had to change my diet stomach issues we're awful. No caffeine no sugars no energy drinks no red meat ughh it helped alot. Drink plenty of fluids excersise stay active. Proud of You.. keep it up my friend...

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Walkey-

I've been lurking around your thread and have kept up to date with you. I didn't want to chime in as it is apparent you are getting some amazing and terrific advice.

Some of the same folks who are cheering you on (looking at you Beef, LVG, 10) have been a life line for me. I don't say that lightly.

I want you to know I am so fkng proud of you for sticking with the taper plan.

I was never able to do that so those of you who did, I find your strength and resolve incredible.

Stick with it and keep on pushing toward the goal. As Beef always says ...you are exactly where you need to be!

Hey Walk, how is it going? Still having the A.M. yuckies? I am praying that it resolves for you soon. My bad time is opposite of you... I feel the antsies and anxiety after work. Not sure why? I have been off sub now for 7 days, so I doubt it is related. I am guessing it is all mental.

So you have a goal to be off sub by end of February? That sounds doable. Just remember that rushing things will make your jump harder. Stay on a dose until you fell totally stable, then drop. I did the following: 1 mg, .75, .66, .50, .40, .33, and lastly .25 to finish out. I never went to .125, but you should if you can, it'll help that skipping days and jumping cycle.

Take care and keep us updated. DDC is giving us such good advice, I love it! Stay strong, buddy.

Hey walk. Everything going good? You've been a little quiet it seems lately.

Just want to make sure you're doing ok. I know your living situation must be a little stressful during these times, but I know you will get through this with out a doubt.

Have you looked into possibly getting some gabapentin?

I too can tell I'm losing weight. I swear I've been between 145lbs and 155lbs since like 8th grade haha. Now I'm probably like 145-150lbs male, so I'm gonna need to start lifting weights again. Just haven't had the motivation with it being winter and going through this...

Keep us up to date.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-08-2018 at 11:27 AM.

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Hey Walkley
    Was thinking about you, so wanted to check in and see how you were doing. You seem to be right on track and I’m really glad for you. I know you must be so sick of this, but from everything I’ve read it sounds like slow and steady is the best advice. Just look at how far you’ve come!
    I am still taking the stupid things. Just one sixth of a 5.7. Even though I had only been taking them a few weeks, was just too much of a wuss to stop altogether, although that was probably the best idea.
    Soooo proud of u! Keep up the good work. Hugs

10years39days is offline Member

Hey Wavision - I lost weight during the tail end of my taper and didn’t start gaining weight until about 20 days post jump.

I’ve gained 14 lbs in the past 30 days...for me that is a good thing.

LVG, Max, Tim, WAV, Melody, 10 - WOW! I’m so lucky to have all of you watching out for me. Seriously you guys know how to turn a bad day into a better one. Im lucky to have found you all.

As far as updating goes, this might be a long one....I’ve been at .7 for a little while now, maybe a week and a half? I’m very stable now and I plan on dropping to .525mgs tomorrow which I’m actually looking forward to. I feel the less I do, the better I feel overall across the board. I definitely feel like >>>> in the morning but it goes away quickly now after I take the sub. So that’s one improvement. I’m just taking things a bit slower now which is why I haven’t been posting quite as much as usual. I felt I owed it to myself to slow it down a bit because of my living situation and various life changing events all occurring at once. It’s a little more than I can handle with this taper so I’m trying to be kind to myself if I can.

Melody - I’m so glad you aren’t taking much. That’s so smart. I hope the 1mg you are taking get rid of some of the pain. You’re at about 1.35mgs of suboxone equivalent, not bad at all! If you had to taper you could pretty easily.
    Tim - thank you for the great advice. I definitely plan on going to .175 if I can AND skip days. I think skipping days is extremely important. At least it will be for my situation!
    WAV - I’m doing ok. Thank you so much for asking. It feels good knowing others are thinking about you and wondering how you’re doing. I put on such a brave face around my husband and his folks that even my husband forgets to ask how I’m doing! So thank you. It means the world to me at this point. And I’m definitely getting that gabapemtin as soon as I possibly can the next time I go to my doctor. You guys make it sound pretty fantastic for tapering.
    Max - I’m just as proud of you!!! You’re incredible for getting this far already!! Talk about strong...
    LVG - thank you for telling me it’s all normal. There have been times I thought I was losing it. I didn’t know why my body was reacting to this drug this way. I feel a lot better now that you said it’s normal.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I’ll be around the site this weekend if anyone wants to chat. Will be thinking of all of you!

You're right, you do owe it to yourself to take as much time as you need.

I too feel better overall the less I take.

You have a lot going on...I would definitely get some gabapentin asap. It has worked wonders for Tim and I.

Awesome to hear you are nice and stable and will be dropping tomorrow.

As its been mentioned a ton, this is a marathon not a sprint.

Sit and think how far we've made it...really think about it...just a few months ago you were taking what, 5x, 6x, 7x the amount you are now??

This stuff is extremely powerful and look, we've made the scary drop to one dose a day and are now taking around one half of a mg.....that is impressive and we will soon be free.

You have a lot going on during your taper and need to focus on you. If that means you need to be on a dose for 8 days, 10 days.....who cares. It only matters that you feel well and are heading in the right direction, which you are.

I know you got this....sleep well tonight.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Good on you for making that single day dose a reality. That is a huge step in the right pathway.

Get some gabapentin, for sure. I honestly credit it for me being where I am at. It just calms things down a notch, enough to stay productive. Most any doctor will script it.

Take things nice and slow, like WAV says... I was in a big fire hurry and now I see where going lower and skipping has a place. If you are too hasty, you will feel it. So, keep it at your own pace and go as low as possible.

You are doing this!

Tim

Thank you both so much for the encouragement. I’m not one that usually takes things nice and slow. I’m impatient and I want results fast and that’s why this is hard for me. But maybe it’s a blessing in disguise I’m hoping?

I apologize for not posting as much lately. Work has been insane the past two weeks and I’m top of that I’ve been dealing with interviews and all that crazy stress. But things should calm down now and I’ll start posting again often.

This morning I woke up and felt like a truck hit me. Ever get that feeling? It feels like through the night you slept but it wasn’t deep sleep. It’s halfway sleep. So by morning your head feels heavy? So far I’ve done a pretty good job of stabilizing to a point that keeps away the insomnia but I can feel it’s starting to creep back since I made another drop. I was wide awake at 3am this morning. But it should get better as I stabilize. Also it was really hard for me to get back to sleep this morning because I woke up to some anxiety. My mind starts to race and then the chest begins to feel heavy. That’s when I concentrate on my breathing. Also I have started sneezing again, mostly in the mornings.

To combat the anxiety I’ve been experiencing, I use an app called “calm” that has really been saving me. I use it to meditate and it’s helped so much! I was so hesitant to try active meditation but ohh em gee it’s good stuff. That app and this forum are my security blankets. I can’t let my phone die now because of this app! Haha whatever works right? I’m getting so excited to be off this roller coaster. Wav - were SO close now it’s amazing to think how far we’ve come. I started my taper at 8mgs (5.7mgs zubsolv) on thanksgiving and now I’m at .5mgs. So happy and proud of us. As much as this taper sucks, the pride you feel toward yourself for getting this sh*t done is very rewarding. ALMOST THERE.

Hey Walk awesome positive update. Keep it up your doing amazing.
    You should be Proud of yourself. Hit by a truck everything you are
    going through is all normal.. I promise you this will pass too. Just our
    bodies adjusting to not having all the junk we put in. You are right
    where you need to be my friend.

Yes, I know the feeling you are describing.

I woke up this morning with the same exact issue. Mind started racing like crazy and could not fall back asleep. I absolutely hate it and really hope this doesn't stick around forever once completely off subs.

I'm going to look into the app you mentioned.

So you made the drop to.5 today?? That's great news. How do you feel now that you've taken your dose?
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Yes I did make the drop to .5 today. Morning wasn’t great. I was so foggy and slight head ache from poor sleep but felt better as the day went on. I feel better now. How do you feel?

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Walkey-

Good on you to keep making progress at your speed and your speed alone.

This thing called addiction takes many forms and it preys on us all differently.

The good news for you is that you are alive and you are taking all the right steps to be well! Isn't that amazing??

Anyhoo, keep posting. I've really enjoyed your thread.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast