Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    Maxheadrum is offline Member

And Wavison- I 100% agree with the calm
    Apps. I listen to a rainfall app every night. Had I known a 2 dollar app could be this calm and awesome, I wouldn't have spent thousands on the drugs!

Hope you are all well.

Walkley822 is offline Member

Omg I listen to the raindrop one every night too!!! I swear we are all so similar it’s absolutely crazy.

Maxheadrum is offline Member

Yes we are and I find it amazing to the point it gives me chills.
    Really rooting for you. Keep posting!

thefigurehead is offline Member

Default Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Omg I listen to the raindrop one every night too!!! I swear we are all so similar it’s absolutely crazy.
    Yes I'm your fan... but the fan I am talking about is the one I run every night for white noise to help me sleep. It is a little $20 fan from Wally World. I bet it has spun a million rotations. I also listen to the BBC World New Report on NPR each night. I take a cocktail of 6 mg fast acting melatonin, 50 mg of seroquel, and a cup of sleepy time tea. I do have Ambien for the really bad nights, too.

I have to get one of those white noise machines that do storms, wind, rain, jungles, birds, etc...prolly cost a fortune?

Keep those raindrops falling and same with the doses. The lower you get the closer the prize... freedom. You are so close. Keep it up Girl! David, Me and Wav all got your back!

All the best to you!

Wavision is offline Member

I got the app. Where can I find the rain sound?

Wav - just swipe the background once you’re in the app and you will see all the different options there are for background sounds. Raindrops will appear after a few swipes. Glad you got the app. It’s really great. Also has “adult” bedtime stories which I’m kind of feeling lately.

Yesterday was my first day at .5 and I’ve already run into some issues. Yesterday I was symptomatic pretty much all day. The morning was the worst. As the day went on, the fog lifted but felt significant chills again as I was sitting in a movie theater with a sweatshirt and down coat on. I also got extremely anxious in the movie theater at one point. I went to bed at 9:30pm and was able to fall asleep but woke up at 1am with terrible rls and anxiety and took .175mgs to calm it down so I could sleep again or else there is no way I’d have slept the remainder of the night. This was definitely an emergency/rescue dose that I needed and that amount worked. I’m a little bummed because I’m still technically at .7mgs.

I took my usual .5 dose at 7am and I guess we will see how the rest of the day goes. I did wake up feeling better today because I was finally able to sleep. Still have a little brain fog but much much better than yesterday.

You're doing great walk....you gotta do what you gotta do to get through this. Your mind is in the right place and you are going in the right direction...

I believe once you get some gabapentin, you will receive a lot of relief...once I took my dose yesterday and some gabapentin throughout the day, I did not have a single symptom at all at any point during the day or night. Went to bed around midnight and watched a few shows. Was able to fall asleep when I wanted to...well actually that's not true, I fell asleep before one of the shows was over and I wanted to see the outcome, but whatever.

When do you see your Dr next??
    thefigurehead likes this.

WAV is absolutely right about the Gabapentin. It isn't magic, but it helps tremendously. I was able to drive down to St. Louis yesterday without brining any sub with me (you know, just in case). The gabapentin held me until the drive home, where it seemed to lack the punch it had earlier in the day. When you see your doctor, he/she should know that it is a staple for wd and have no issues scripting it.

I am on day 11 since my jump and the gabapentin has been my #1 medical friend. Haven't had to really use any Clonidine, either.

Wowwww. I see my dr on the 26th! Ughh I wish I didn’t have to wait. This stuff sounds downright incredible. I already know my dr is going to downplay the jump and corresponding symptoms and tell me I don’t need it but I will be walking out of that office script in hand. This guy has no idea. I think I’m going to have to school him.

Wowwww. I see my dr on the 26th! Ughh I wish I didn’t have to wait. This stuff sounds downright incredible. I already know my dr is going to downplay the jump and corresponding symptoms and tell me I don’t need it but I will be walking out of that office script in hand. This guy has no idea. I think I’m going to have to school him.
    Yeah, you tell him Gabapentin is a great tool for detox. I even saw it being used on House, M.D. TV show when House was detoxing from Vicodin. Great TV show, BTW. I love watching the reruns, but never watched it when it was on regular TV.

On the Hyland's products, My legs don't kick, I get calf cramps... so I got the Leg Cramp box. It is working very well for me, so far. If your legs do the kicking, use the Restless Leg product. Both are fat dissolve under your tongue (familiar, I know) just like magic.

Today is my day 11 and things are just the same. I used gabapentin to help calm my nerves down. I am going to try a Clonidine later to make sure I am good and sleepy before bedtime. You should get some sleepy time tea and some melatonin, too. Both help get you ready for sleeping, which is crucial in early WD's.

I hope you are having a great Sunday!

I’m going to get the valerian root tea from David’s Tea that is like a carmel flavor and easier to drink than the others from Whole Foods etc. Also going to get hylands RLS because I just have a feeling that’s the direction this is going to go. I’ll get the gabapentin and tell the dr what you said but I remember my husband had some left over from a car accident years ago. It was called neurontin but I think it’s the same thing. Please be careful taking that especially if you take it before driving a vehicle. It can make you feel....out of it...from what I remember.

Today went well. I made it through the day quite easily on .5. Hopefully I can make it the rest of the night and not wake up in withdrawal. In my opinion there is nothing worse than waking up feeling absolutely terrible. I really hope that doesn’t happen after I jump. Tim did you find yourself waking up in withdrawal after you jumped?

Yes, gabapentin and neurontin are the same thing. When you first start taking it or take a larger dose, yes it can make you feel a little wobbly.

Tim did you find yourself waking up in withdrawal after you jumped?
    Not at first, but as the days added on I found I was waking up at 3 or 4 am, The good thing is that I was able to go back to sleep after I woke up. Freaked me out at the beginning, thinking I would be up all night, but like I said, I was able to fall back asleep. I use 6 mg of melatonin and sleepy time tea to help me get sleep.

Happy ZZZ's...!

Thanks for the input Tim. It doesn’t sound like it’s been too bad for you which is a big relief. And you’re even sleeping which is phenomenal!

Happy to report that I didn’t wake up needing a rescue dose last night. I think that little shock to my system is over with. If it keeps going well, I’ll be at .35mgs by Wednesday. Making progress!

10years39days is offline Member

Hey Walkley - congrats on all of your progress! You’re gonna be free and clear before you know it. I’m excited for you!

Keep stepping in the right direction! You’ve got this!

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Walkley hang in there gf! So proud of you for not giving up after having to take a rescue dose. You are such an inspiration and I truly mean that, actually all you guys are. It gives me hope for when I run outta these and will have to start the dreaded taper myself.
    Hugs
    Melody

Heyyyyyy walk, how's it going???

How is .35 looking for valentine's day tomorrow????

David256 is offline Member

How goes it? Making those drops quick!
    Great job. Any issues with sleep? Mood?
    -Just checking in.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David256 View Post
    How goes it? Making those drops quick!
    Great job. Any issues with sleep? Mood?
    -Just checking in.
    -Dave
    Give us the skinny Walk! How are you doing on this Valentines Day?

Hi guys! Happy Valentine’s Day! Doing really well. Ready for the jump to .35 tomorrow. So far I haven’t had any sleep issues besides early 5am wakeups - just bouts of anxiety here and there. Things have not been bad at all in fact I’ve felt more like myself on this dose than any other.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Funny drug huh. Less seems to be more with it. You're doing so greal!! Keep up the good work

Beef

Great to hear. You're lapping me.

From here on out, I'm going to be doing drops that are smaller than 25% per the cutting guide I have. The way it's setup, I either have to do larger drops of like 35% or smaller ones under 25%. Better safe than sorry.

Keep up the great work...happy valentine's day!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.

10years39days is offline Member

Walkley - great news! So proud of your progress!

Wav - our bodies process all of this change differently. Keep working at your own pace. I’m so happy for you!

Happy Valentines Day!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beef - yes now I understand what everyone means with the whole less is more bit. I was really hoping this last phase would be easier than the rest of it has been on me. This drug just doesn’t work well with my body so I think that’s why less has been better for me overall.
    Wav - I would rather be safe with the 25% drops than sorry too. You’re doing amazing.
    10 - thank you. I’m proud of you too!
    Happy Valentine’s Day!

Beef - yes now I understand what everyone means with the whole less is more bit. I was really hoping this last phase would be easier than the rest of it has been on me. This drug just doesn’t work well with my body so I think that’s why less has been better for me overall.
    Wav - I would rather be safe with the 25% drops than sorry too. You’re doing amazing.
    10 - thank you. I’m proud of you too!
    Happy Valentine’s Day!
    You are doing phenom Walk, keep it it and keep us posted!L

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Hi Walkley
    You are approaching the final stretch to freedom, right? Awesome job!
    Question. Could you (or anyone who knows) explain how to divide the pills for the taper? I only have the 5.7 mg tablets and am able to break them in half and then break the 1/2 tabs into about three but that’s it ... I’m kinda lost with the dosages. Right now I’m taking 1/6 of a pill (.95). Im not sure if it’s a good idea to completely stop. When I wake up I feel like I’m going to jump out of my skin until I take it. It doesn’t seem possible that such a tiny amount could affect me in such a big way. I can’t imagine trying to divide them further. Thanks for your help.
    PS I apologize for hijacking your thread but there is no response on the thread I started. I felt really shunned and so I stopped posting there.
    Melody

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJane View Post
    Hi Walkley
    You are approaching the final stretch to freedom, right? Awesome job!
    Question. Could you (or anyone who knows) explain how to divide the pills for the taper? I only have the 5.7 mg tablets and am able to break them in half and then break the 1/2 tabs into about three but that’s it ... I’m kinda lost with the dosages. Right now I’m taking 1/6 of a pill (.95). Im not sure if it’s a good idea to completely stop. When I wake up I feel like I’m going to jump out of my skin until I take it. It doesn’t seem possible that such a tiny amount could affect me in such a big way. I can’t imagine trying to divide them further. Thanks for your help.
    PS I apologize for hijacking your thread but there is no response on the thread I started. I felt really shunned and so I stopped posting there.
    Melody
    Jane...I believe for the pills, there is a method where you crush the whole pill into fine powder and divide piles up that way. I'm sure someone like walk who has pills will chime in, but I remember seeing that method talked about before.

IJ/Melody, I’m so sorry you felt shunned. That’s a terrible feeling. I do not mind you posting on my thread one bit. I love that you’re still here! Post how ever often you want!

Regarding the 5.7 zubsolv pills. They are a challenge to cut. The smallest I could get to is about .7mgs by cutting the quarters in half. I didn’t really have this problem though because I have a script and kept asking my dr to prescribe the next lowest available dosage because zubsolv comes in 2.9mgs, 1.4mgs, and .7mg dosages. My suggestion to you is going to depend entirely on where you are in your taper. I think once you get down to below 1.4mgs (quarter pieces of the 5.7), I’d start crushing the entire pills with the back of a spoon and dividing the powder into equal piles depending on the amount you need at the time. Zubsolv is so strong that you’re going to feel the effects even when you taper down to .175mgs. Have you started tapering yet? If so, what is or what will be your starting dose?

Also, once you divide the powder into small piles of your chosen dose, put the piles in separate tin foil and label the amount/doses. Once you use it you will need to pour each dose under your toungue. Again, I never had to do this but i totally would have if I needed to.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast