Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    Walkley822 is offline Member

Update: day 3 at .35mgs and doing really well! Happy to be where I’m at finally. I feel the end is within reach now.
    thefigurehead likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

How is the sleeping going walk?

Any symptoms??

David256 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wavision View Post
    Great to hear. You're lapping me.

From here on out, I'm going to be doing drops that are smaller than 25% per the cutting guide I have. The way it's setup, I either have to do larger drops of like 35% or smaller ones under 25%. Better safe than sorry.

Keep up the great work...happy valentine's day!
    Wav and Walk, great job to all of you!
    I’m down to .66mg today down from 5 days on 0.75mg. I cut up .13mgs and hoping that slower taper (at least for now) of less than quarter milligram drops might help the:
    1) change in wd symptoms brought in by 6 days ago from changing from dual down to single daily dose
    2) help me adjust to the wd effect of panic anxiety I get when waking up suddenly. Sleep is trouble.
    There was something this week that feels different, really feeling the drops.

How are you doing Walk? How’d 1st day of .3 go?
    -David

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Update: day 3 at .35mgs and doing really well! Happy to be where I’m at finally. I feel the end is within reach now.
    That is great news Walk! You are basically getting down to nothing left to taper to. I am super excited that you David and WAV are all going to be done with bupe about the same time. Should make for excellent postings!

Very proud of you for doing this!

I really can’t complain about how .35 is going. Everything has been going great so I haven’t felt the need to post as much. Sleep hasn’t been too much of an issue either. I have been going to bed early and waking up early every day for the last 3 months. I didn’t get any sleep last night and today I felt really out of it because of the no sleep but other than that everything has been great for the most part and I’m really looking forward to being off these meds.

Oh no, walk is leaving us now that she is feeling better...ha jk

I'm so glad you have been feeling better on these lower doses. I actually feel better the lower I'm getting as well....for the most part.

Today is my second day at .313....next drop is to .25. What is your next drop to? Same?

How low do you plan on tapering before jumping?

Skip days??

You having any other symptoms other than sleep issues?

Hope you slept well last night and have a good day. Let us know.

Wav, I’ll never leave you guys. And I’m never far away.

As for my status. Hanging out at .35 for a bit. I’m trying to take this last leg nice and slowly due to my living situation. .35 has been decent to me. I think I felt my personal best at .5mgs but .35 is decent. Last night I got plenty of sleep but still woke up feeling groggy and out of it and I didn’t take anything for sleep either. My anxiety has not been great but I’m trying to just deal with it without taking anything. It spikes randomly.

I’m not sure what my next drop is going to be but I think it’s looking like it’ll be .26mgs. I plan to go as low as I can and skip days are an absolute must for me to smooth out the symptoms. Skipping days is one of the only things we can do to actually control our sysmptoms after we jump. They’re absolutely vital. I understand that people get fed up and impatient at the end of their tapers but skip days are imperative due to the design of the drug if they want the best possible outcome.

We’re almost there....how are your sysmptoms lately?

12yearsopioiduser is offline New Member

Congratulations on your taper Walkley, seems like you are in a good place mentally, have a good support network here and have a solid plan to taper with the least withdrawals as possible.

Havent got much to add apart from making sure you are eating a good diet, exercising even a small amount daily, topped up on vitamins and minerals and have the required medication in case you need it i.e immodium, clonidine, non opiate based painkillers, green and calming tea, and essential amino acids when you start feeling the mental side of the withdrawals.

Will check your thread to see how you're doing when I have the time.

All the best

Wav, I’ll never leave you guys. And I’m never far away.

As for my status. Hanging out at .35 for a bit. I’m trying to take this last leg nice and slowly due to my living situation. .35 has been decent to me. I think I felt my personal best at .5mgs but .35 is decent. Last night I got plenty of sleep but still woke up feeling groggy and out of it and I didn’t take anything for sleep either. My anxiety has not been great but I’m trying to just deal with it without taking anything. It spikes randomly.

I’m not sure what my next drop is going to be but I think it’s looking like it’ll be .26mgs. I plan to go as low as I can and skip days are an absolute must for me to smooth out the symptoms. Skipping days is one of the only things we can do to actually control our sysmptoms after we jump. They’re absolutely vital. I understand that people get fed up and impatient at the end of their tapers but skip days are imperative due to the design of the drug if they want the best possible outcome.

We’re almost there....how are your sysmptoms lately?
    Good to hear. I also plan to do the skip days as well as taper as low as I can.

Today is day 3 at .313 and as with the last few drops, I am finding the end of day 2 /beginning of day 3 to be the hardest for me. I am just dosing now, so should be good.

Symptoms def are not horrible. Mostly anxiety, wandering mind, some depression, and little sleep issues. Sometimes waking up with a racing mind and anxiety, which takes some time to get under control.

Other than that, I am doing pretty well.

Keep up the great work.

I understand that people get fed up and impatient at the end of their tapers but skip days are imperative due to the design of the drug if they want the best possible outcome.
    That is me... I was fed up, impatient, hasty, etc... I just knew I had enough. So I made the (ir)rational decision to skip the skip days and just CT off of .25 mg. I have no regrets, though. 11 months on sub was long enough for me. I didn't want to be chained to the sub train for a whole year. So, I jumped w/o those skip days.

I do highly recommend skip days, though... it is the only part of the Sub Taper Plan that I decided to change up. So today is my 18th day clean from subs and all opiates. That part feels great. And you and WAV are right there at the edge of skip days and jumping, too. How cool is that? Just keep on the plan and soon you will be free, too.

You are doing a great job! Keep it up.

If I could skip the skip days, I know it’d be tempting but I’m still not sure I would. Doesn’t really matter for me because I have no choice. I have to do the skip days with my living situation.

So I went to bed at 8pm last night and woke up at 1:30am and never fell back to sleep. I have had a few sleep issues here and there but it’s been pretty good up until now.

I’m thinking my best days on the taper are now behind me. Anxiety has increased even more over the past week. Trying to keep that under control but it’s been a challenge without any “help.” Going to ask the dr for klonopin. I think it’s the only thing that will get this under control since I am currently going through so many different stressful situations at one time. I wouldn’t wish this on my enemy. As hard as this taper is, it would have been a million times easier on me if I had started it 6 months earlier. But I didn’t and here I am. It’s been extremely easy to feel sorry for myself lately. I’m going through so much that the stress of it all comes crashing down on me now more often than usual. I’m trying to keep the depression at bay but my anxiety just fuels it. I knew my living situation would make this taper a million times harder and I was right. The timing of all of this couldn’t have been worse. Starting to have serious doubts about making it through this.

Sorry to hear you're feeling a little down walk.

You've come so far...you will be able to complete this.

I have noticed an increase in anxiety as well, so know you are not alone.

I would see about getting some comfort meds and use them as needed to help you through the last bit of this. Let us know what you decide.

Hope you have a better day today.

Walk, believe it or not... you are doing fantastic! You have tapered down to basically crumbs of sub. Yes, tapers stink, but you are doing so well.

When you see your doctor, tell them you are really needing some medicine to help you with the deep anxiety you are experiencing. Any dr. will see that you need some help with the symptoms you are experiencing.

Sounds like your living setup is the biggest issue you have right now... since you can't change it overnight, try to accept it for what it is, temporary.

I am sending good vibes your way! Try to think positive. You are doing great!

Tim

I’m thinking of you today Walk. I’m so glad you shared your feelings and can’t help but totally sympathize. I am truly suffering with you. I have major and more frequent thoughts of screwing this whole taper now I’m south of 1mg. It can really be awful, but (here comes the but), why not slow down and slow your taper, maybe even attempt to get stable at your next higher dose? Just to get comfortable and focused again? The goal is the finish line, but not the pace of the race, right?

Any caring doc will get you drugs to get comfortable and clonazapam has worked well for me, but I have to keep myself from having to take it frequently. It’s made me feel yucky the next day, maybe even worse.
    If you can also get gabapentin or even something like seroquel or trazodone for sleep.
    Take care of yourself today and I’m hoping for some rest for you today.
    -D

10years39days is offline Member

Hey Walk - just 60 or 70 short days ago I was in your shoes. I know how that feels. Search inside your soul, and you’ll find that you want this more than anything. This is your battle. Never forget that there is a beast living inside of you, and only you can overcome the beast with your willingness to live free from its terror.

The last part of the taper is rough, but I can assure you that it gets so much better. I personally wasn’t able to do skip days. I planned on a skip day...and then I just decided to jump. Enough was enough. The first three days of OD were rough...lots of anxiety and feeling sick. But then I found Ondansetron, a nausea medicine, and it saved my sanity. Felt like a miracle for me.

Take care of your body. Lots of water, vitamins, Gatorade, liquid Imodium, Hylands Restful Legs...your body will need wholesome foods. Treat it well.

After three days, you start to feel alive. You’re not feeling great...or even good...but you just start to feel alive. You start shedding that lead suit piece by piece.

By day seven you start to regain your earthly senses. You can feel the clarity within your decision to be clean. You still aren’t feeling good every day, but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You are the decider...you own this.

Best wishes,

Hey walk...just poppin in to see how today is going??

How is the weather? Very warm here the past two days for February. Even went for a walk yesterday.

Let us know how you're doing today.

Also, you're not giving up...you are way stronger than subs. You got this....

Any word from Walk? Hope we hear all had come back into focus! Let us know how you’re doing!

Hey walk...just thinking about you. Let us know how you're doing when you can.

Hey Walk! How you doing today? We’re all thinking about you, and of course we look forward to hearing from you.

Take care of yourself ;-)

You guys are truly the best. I can’t thank you enough for caring. It’s the best feeling in the world. I’m apologize for being MIA. First, I was enjoying this crazy warm weather in New England and second, I was attempting to restabilize on a higher dose - .6mgs. So that’s what I’ve been up to. I’m ok now. I’m feeling a little better. I think one of the problems I faced when at .35 was cutting up my pills. They weren’t cutting evenly and my doses were starting to get very uneven which makes it difficult to stabilize at all. And second, and probably most importantly, I started panicking about my living situation. The harder my taper got the more my anxiety spiked off the charts (coupled with uneven doses).
    I also learned recently how much longer I will have to live in my current situation for. I thought we would be done in April but now it’s looking like June so that was another huge blow. I am under a microscope here so just the thought of jumping in this house gives me a full blown panic attack. And there is absolutely no way I can tell anyone about this so that’s not an option. This is a very strict, formal, and unforgiving family. When I wrote my last post, I really felt like I was between a rock and hard place and I didn’t know what to do. It never occurred to me that I might have to delay my jump because I was so focused on getting to the end. The reality of my situation is that I may have to wait to jump until June unless I can somehow get through this while living here. It’s far from ideal but it’s looking like a real possibility. So that’s what I’ve been dealing with this last week. I’m also trying to get my dream job in the middle of all of this so the anxiety is out of control. And let’s not forget the minor car accident I got into the other night. (Im fine. Car is not.) I have a ton on my plate right now some of which I’ve shared, some that I haven’t, but absolutely no one knows more about me in this moment of my life than you guys do.

I think the key for me going forward is to s l o w l y taper from .6mgs until some of the stress in my life starts to dissipate. As I’ve said before, I tapered during the worst possible time of my life and I mean that but I didn’t plan this. I was trying so hard to keep it together but it’s been too much for me to handle. I go see my doctor on the 26th so I’ll ask him for things like gabapentin and klonopin. And anything else you guys suggest for me.

Thank you David, Tim, Wav, and 10 for being such amazing people. I hope you are all doing great and getting good sleep. I can’t wait to catch up on all of your threads!

Good to hear from you walk. You need to do what's best for you. I don't blame you for prolonging your taper until you can get settled in somewhere else. That's gotta be stressful...

The last thing you want to do is be walking around like a zombie at your inlaws because you haven't slept in 6 days...especially if they are strict and have no clue...hopefully that doesn't happen obviously, but you never know.

If you do prolong it until June, you can do a nice slow taper the rest of the way down, which should pay off.

I can't even imagine trying to do this taper with pills.... Hell, I have a cutting guide that has lines and shows me exactly how to cut the doses and its still a pia... However, at least I know my doses are laser accurate.

Have you tried the crushed up pill method?? I assume there is no way for you to get the 2mg strips to finish this out?

Don't be discouraged, if I were in your situation, I would do the same thing...wait until I was moved out to jump. It's not like you are going to be on 5mg a day until June, ya know?

Even if you just stayed at.5mg until you moved out and then proceeded with the taper from there, you will be good.

David and I may cross the finish line before you, but all that matters is your mind and heart still want to finish this out.... A few more months isn't gonna hurt anything.

Good luck on landing your dream job...you got this. Sorry to hear about your wreck, but glad you are ok.

Good luck and keep us updated as much as possible with your decision.

Hope you are feeling good today.

Ps: I was enjoying the warm weather here on the east coast as well...two days above 70 degrees...crazy. Been rainibg for two days now though. Spring is right around the corner and I'm ready to get some golf in.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Great to hear back! Glad you have a plan of action and despite all the negatives in life you can find an out to get comfortable again!
    There’s got to be an out for all of us to stabilize if we need to, without straying too far off the path.

Quote Originally Posted by David256 View Post
    Great to hear back! Glad you have a plan of action and despite all the negatives in life you can find an out to get comfortable again!
    There’s got to be an out for all of us to stabilize if we need to, without straying too far off the path.
    Walk-

WAV and David are totally right... get stable and slow things down so you aren't under a microscope all the time with your symptoms. The finish line isn't moving anywhere, take the time you need to do it right and you will never have to do it again.

I went eleven months on sub, and my jump was relatively painless... you will be the same, I am sure. Just need to be in the right frame of mind, which it sounds like it is impossible while you are living with the inlaws. So wait it out. Get to a good point where you can kick the tapers butt.

Not sure what to tell you about the accuracy cutting up pills, since I had the 2 mg strips scripted to me. The were much easier to cut since they were a different MG strength. You could maybe try the crush up method and use foil to save each dose? I don't really know...?

Keep up best you can and keep us updated when you have time... we are all in your corner rooting for you.

Tim

Hey walk, just wanted to see if you have come to a decision yet. Let us know.

Hope you are doing well.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey walk. I know you got a lot on your plate. Just know we're thinking of you.

Hope all is well
    Have a great day
    Beef

Hi Walk -

Just dropping in to say hi and see how you are hanging in. Post an update when you get some free time, even if it is just to say hello.

Hope you are doing well, and things aren't too crazy.

Hey Walk - hope you are doing well. Not sure if you're still reading the forum, but I hope you pop in and say hello! Or just TP Beef's house...whichever you prefer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567