Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!
    Walkley822 is offline Member

Default Suboxone/Zubsolv taper and need help!

Hi all! glad I finally learned how to start my own thread haha I had a 3.5 year h habit and now on subzolv 2.1mgs but it’s taken everything I have to get to this point. I’ll go into that in more detail at some point but I have some important questions right now and I would appreciate any help or advice I can get.
    1) I’ve been on subs for 1.5 months so far. I plan to be off them entirely by mid feb with Roberts taper plan - give a few days. That will be about 3 months total. Will I feel horrid w/d’s after three months?
    2) I’m currently splitting my dose at 1.4 in the morning and .7 at night. Is the ultimate goal to get to one dose a day and eliminate the nighttime dose? I can’t imagine eliminating any at this point but as my doses get smaller I imagine this will be hard to keep up with.
    3) ever since my first day on subs I’ve woken up in the morning with this feeling of almost being “hungover” with fatigue, a dull aching headache, and major stomach problems. It occurs the second I awake. Is anyone familiar with this feeling I’m talking about? It usually dissipates with my next dose but it’s horrible to wake up to every. Single. Day.

10years39days is offline Member

Glad to see you figured the thread out! I’m heading to bed so I’ll keep this quick:

Seeing that you’ve been on Sub for about three months, that’s definitely a good thing. Keep in mind that everyone is different...but the less time you’ve been taking Sub will likely contribute to fewer WD days and potentially quicker recovery. This will only work with a responsible taper plan, which it sounds like you’re on the ball. Once you jump, you can plan on feeling bad for about a week and then you’ll slowly work out of it. But everyone is different.

Yes, getting down to one dose is the goal. It’s not easy, but that little bit of pain will save you in the long run. It’s a must in my opinion. That was one of the scariest parts of my journey...but it also ultimately gave me the courage to make the final jump just a few days later.

As for your fatigue and other symptoms...that’s all normal stuff for the first few months of Suboxone treatment. My fatigue stayed for all 10 years while on the medication. This drug does terrible, unnatural things to your body. You won’t believe how much you notice and appreciate once it’s gone and drained out of your system.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2018 at 03:36 AM.

Thank you so much for your response! I can’t tell you how much it means to me to hear from people who have been through this journey already. Your input is really valued here! I just can’t belive how truly difficult and grueling this is mentally. So just a minor correction. I’ve only been on subs for 1.5 months so far however I did hear that if your on the stuff for 3 months or less you can expect any withdrawals to be limited but you must keep it under theee months. That’s probably why I’m trying to keep it to the three month timeframe but maybe it doesn’t even matter? Who knows. I know everyone is different with their own journey on this stuff. I’m just trying to get off it as quickly as possible for my own sanity. I also get the added benefit of my husband having absolutely no idea what subs are like, so that’s been fun. Probably why I’m on this forum now.

Also thank you for your notes on the single dose. I assumed that was correct but really didn’t know for sure. Thank you thank you!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey walkley. Welcome to the forum! Glad you figured out how to start your own thread. Congratulations on getting to where you are. You're right where you need to be. You mentioned Roberts taper plan. Follow that and you'll be just fine. It has helped thousands of members get free of this drug. I jumped from 1mg of subs, and suffered for a while. So I would definately get as low as you can on the taper to soften your landing so to speak. Although I was on them for 5 long years so I had a huge build up in my system.

Once you get below 1 mg it recommends you dose once daily at the same time each day. From everything I've read that's where the taper gets a little more complicated and it may take your body a few extra days to stabalize on the lower dose. Push through it you can do this.

Subs cause a number of issues like stomach issues, breathing problems, so forth and so on. Everything you're feeling is normal. Just keep following the taper plan and you'll be free of this in no time.

Keep us updated on your progress!!
    Beef

Beef, thank you for the words of encouragement. You guys are all my hero’s for having gone through this. You are all so strong. I’ll be sure to keep you updated. So far I’m on my fourth day at 2.1 but yesterday (my third day) I had to do a tiny bit more so that’s a set back and I’m going to stay at 2.1 for a little while longer. We shall see how this plays out. I decided my next drop will be at 1.75 since 1.4 seems like far too steep a drop. P.s. I hate the dosage amounts of zubsolv.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Today I’m on my 5th day at 2.1mgs and I woke up with a heavy headache in the back of my head. So strange. This happened when I first went on subs but hasn’t happened in a while. I should be at a good point to jump down to 1.75mgs but I’m just not there yet. It seems like it takes me a week each time to level out at each change in dosage. I wish the four day taper worked for me. I’m going to have to stay at this dose for another day. And maybe the next day. I’m thinking maybe I didn’t stabilize at 2.8mgs long enough? I stabilized and jumped down right away. Should I try stabilizing for 2 days before jumping? (Jump every 6 or so days)

Once you start getting around and below the 2mg mark, symptoms are a little harder to shake. In theory, you should wait 2 or 3 days to stabilize before making your next reduction. You're doing such a great job! Look how far you've come! You've said goodbye to H, and you're taking control of your life. Go easy on yourself, and take as much time as you need with the taper. The goal is to get to one super low dose (like less than .5 or even less than .25). It sounds like you're already accustomed to a .7 dose, so I would work on getting that larger 1.4 dose down next. All on your schedule. You make the rules, and remember that you have control over your body.

Wavision is offline Member

Congrats Walkley. I just began my taper and am a little behind you at 3mg a day. I plan to be totally off by the end of February. I hope this goes as smooth as possible for both of us.

Keep up the good work.

eazzye is offline Member

i’m on day 11 with no subs and i jumped from .5, today is my best day yet. i woke up feeling amazing and motivated. you got this man and DEFINITELY came to the right place.

Wavision - It’s kinda nice to know someone else is in the same position as me. I really don’t like this drug at all and what it does to your body. I can’t wait for this to be over! Keep me updated on your progress! Are you dosing twice or once a day?

Eazzye - congrats on the huge success! If you don’t mind me asking, how long were you on subs for and do you wish you jumped at a lower dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkley822 View Post
    Wavision - It’s kinda nice to know someone else is in the same position as me. I really don’t like this drug at all and what it does to your body. I can’t wait for this to be over! Keep me updated on your progress! Are you dosing twice or once a day?

Eazzye - congrats on the huge success! If you don’t mind me asking, how long were you on subs for and do you wish you jumped at a lower dose?
    I am dosing twice a day. 1.5mg in the morning and 1.5mg at night. I make my next drop to 2.25mg a day on Saturday.

That’s awesome! I’m dropping to 1.75 on Saturday so we’re on a similar schedule! And I’m on zubsolv so I’m probably at the same strength as you are since zub is a little stronger. Im also dosing twice a day but trying to taper off the second dose (pm) first. Almost there but even the thought of eliminating that dose altogether is super scary. I’m currently on 1.4mgs in the morning and .7mgs at night and trying to get that second dose down to .35mgs before I eliminate it altogether.

eazzye is offline Member

looking back, i was on them about two years give or take a month. and honestly, no. i jumped from a 4-5 a day roxy habit a few years back, before i discovered suboxone. i forced myself to deal with the withdrawals then and i’m doing it now. it truly makes me understand how bad of a drug it was/is. but you should definitely find the best way that works for you, and do that. everyone here will give you great advice, i don’t know if i could have made it through those first 5 days... but i’m on day 12 and i feel amazing. all my senses are returning and i love it.

That’s awesome! I’m dropping to 1.75 on Saturday so we’re on a similar schedule! And I’m on zubsolv so I’m probably at the same strength as you are since zub is a little stronger. Im also dosing twice a day but trying to taper off the second dose (pm) first. Almost there but even the thought of eliminating that dose altogether is super scary. I’m currently on 1.4mgs in the morning and .7mgs at night and trying to get that second dose down to .35mgs before I eliminate it altogether.
    That's awesome. I've never heard of zubsolv.

I know going down to one dose is going to be a mental battle. I'm thinking when I get down to one dose I might take it at night. I feel I might be able to sleep better knowing it's in me rather than take it in the morning and have something mental making me think I'm feeling things in really not.

Unless of course taking the dose at night is not recommended. It does not keep me from sleeping, so I'm sure it should be fine.

Wavision I completely understand with wanting to take it at night because nights can be hell. I’m definitely taking a gamble by weaning off the night dose but we will see. Not quite there yet. Does anyone else have any advice re going to one dose a day from two? What to expect etc? Any advice is always welcome. I love to hear everyone’s experiences. Also, if I’m now taking 1.4 in the am and .7 in the pm, where should I take my next drop? 1.0 in the am or .35 in the pm?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Wavision I completely understand with wanting to take it at night because nights can be hell. I’m definitely taking a gamble by weaning off the night dose but we will see. Not quite there yet. Does anyone else have any advice re going to one dose a day from two? What to expect etc? Any advice is always welcome. I love to hear everyone’s experiences. Also, if I’m now taking 1.4 in the am and .7 in the pm, where should I take my next drop? 1.0 in the am or .35 in the pm?

What you want to do is try and split your dose evenly when you're over 1mg daily. For example if you're taking 1.4mg in the am and .7mg later that's a total of 2.1mg daily. So you would take 1mg in the am and 1.1mg later in the day, about 8-10 hours after the first dose.

Split your dose when over 1mg daily and switch to one dose when under 1mg.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Randy, thank you SO much for your response! I was hoping you’d see my question and respond so I really can’t thank you enough. I will do as you suggest and see how it goes starting tomorrow. You are the best. I see how much you’ve helped others on this site and you’re truly a godsend. If I were to ask my doctor these questions he wouldn’t have a clue. All he says is one dose per day. Well that’s all well and good but it doesn’t work for me - at least yet. I can’t thank you enough and I hope you’re journey is going amazingly well.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Randy, thank you SO much for your response! I was hoping you’d see my question and respond so I really can’t thank you enough. I will do as you suggest and see how it goes starting tomorrow. You are the best. I see how much you’ve helped others on this site and you’re truly a godsend. If I were to ask my doctor these questions he wouldn’t have a clue. All he says is one dose per day. Well that’s all well and good but it doesn’t work for me - at least yet. I can’t thank you enough and I hope you’re journey is going amazingly well.

You're welcome! Happy to help. You can ask me any questions you may have by posting on my thread. I'll usually see it right away and respond if I possibly can. Click on my user name to get to my thread. Take care and have a great weekend!

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Ahhh so that’s how you get to everyone’s individual threads! Haha I wasn’t sure so thank you for that. I hope you have a great weekend! Talk to you soon.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Today is my first day at 1.7mgs. I wish I didn’t have much to report but the last two nights have been pretty brutal with insomnia. I’m not sure if it’s bcause I’m taking my second dose around 6pm and it’s too late in the day to dose but it hasn’t affected me yet - until now. Maybe it’s random. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck because the night was so bad. But even as bad as it was, I didn’t take more sub. Regarding my taper schedule - I was supposed to drop yesterday but decided today would be better after getting Randy’s advice on my taper plan. I had to make some adjustments to my morning dose so I had to wait another day to drop. I expect this drop to be one of the easier ones since I have felt many times that 1.4mgs in the morning was excessive for me. It’s the pm dose I’m struggling with. It doesn’t seem to carry me through the night very well. I always wake up at the same time every morning since I started the subs - 6:30am - feeling severe anxiety, sweating, and stomach issues. It’s like my body wakes up screaming at me for that first dose. I’m hoping that these symptoms may finally ease up a bit once I get both doses leveled out.

Default Day three at 1.7

Today is day 3 at 1.7mgs. As expected, my third day was worse than the previous two days. I seem to always experience the same thing on my third day which is diarrhea and by the afternoon, I get this aching feeling behind my eyes which makes them red (so much so that people at work have even commented on it asking if I smoke in the car at lunch) and then that develops into a full blown headache. I’m hoping I’ll be stable by tomorrow so I can jump down to 1.4mgs on thurs but still too early to tell.

What’s giving me the most anxiety currently is the fact that I have to move in with my in laws soon and I hate that I already don’t feel like my most comfortable self while on subs and now I really won’t feel comfortable living in someone else’s house while doing a taper off subs! Couple that with the high intensity of my husbands family and I’m in for a real treat. I would love to just lock myself in my room the whole time I’m there but that isn’t realistic (or is it?). I really underestimated the time it would take to taper off subs. I didn’t think it would take this long. I originally hoped to be off them by early Jan but I was way off.

Also, someone posted in a thread several years ago that they noticed a decrease in their craving to smoke cigarettes while tapering off subs and getting nasseous (can never spell that word) from smoking them. I experienced the same exact thing and was wondering if anyone else did too? I used it to my advantage as an excuse to stop cigarettes altogether - another big victory along this journey. In fact, any time I’ve gone through wd, which have been too many times to count, I couldn’t even stand the smell of a cigarette. It’s like my body rejects all bad things. Has anyone experienced this?
    10years39days likes this.

Day 4 at 1.7mgs and I have had a headache since I took my first dose at 6am. I’ve found these headaches usually come when my body tries to adjust to a new dose. Don’t think I’m going to be able to drop to 1.4 tomorrow and I was hoping this drop would be easier since it was only a 16% drop UGH These roadblocks.

Hey Walkley. It's all normal. Some reductions take a little longer for you to become stable. And that's ok. Just keep taking it a day at a time. Soon you'll be free of this and you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy!!

You're right where you need to be!! Keep it going!!
    Beef

Walkley - everything you're feeling is normal considering tapering is such an emotionally and physically taxing process. Keep your chin up and remember that you are calling the shots. You're doing awesome! You got this!

Keep up the good work. I just made my drop to 1.75mg a day. I haven't experienced any symptoms yet, but I'm sure they are right around the corner.

If it happens, I plan to take it as slow as I need to, even if it means staying at a certain dose for a couple extra days. We are almost there, the finish line is in sight. Hang in there and realize that in just a little bit of time, this will all be over.

Thank you 10, Beef, and wavision. You guys made me feel so much better yesterday after reading your kind and encouraging words. Migraines are no joke.

Wavision - I’m officially jealous of you for making this look so easy! You’re one of the lucky ones for sure.

Today is day 5 at 1.7mgs and as soon as I took the sub this morning, this migraine came back. Ive had it for the last 48+ hours and I’m having a hard time determining if it’s the sub or if I’m fighting a cold/virus because those symptoms started around the same time - 3 days ago - and my husband has the same thing. It’s also not unusual for me to get a headache/migraine like this when my body is working in overdrive to fight a virus. Anyway, I don’t think it’s the subs because I’ve been on them for 2 months already and this has never happened. If I ever got a headache it was because I forgot to eat or drink enough water and subs dehydrate you. This isn’t that. Regardless, I think I’ll take another day at 1.7 before I jump down again. I also see my doc tomorrow and will ask for the .7mg tablets to make this process easier because cutting pills yourself has too great a margin of error.

Just a side note, did anyone ever notice that while on full agonists, they didn’t get sick very much if at all? I’m one who usually gets sick a few times each year and almost always gets the flu like clockwork - but not while on opiates. Maybe I just have to get used to this again.

Thank you 10, Beef, and wavision. You guys made me feel so much better yesterday after reading your kind and encouraging words. Migraines are no joke.

Wavision - I’m officially jealous of you for making this look so easy! You’re one of the lucky ones for sure.

Today is day 5 at 1.7mgs and as soon as I took the sub this morning, this migraine came back. Ive had it for the last 48+ hours and I’m having a hard time determining if it’s the sub or if I’m fighting a cold/virus because those symptoms started around the same time - 3 days ago - and my husband has the same thing. It’s also not unusual for me to get a headache/migraine like this when my body is working in overdrive to fight a virus. Anyway, I don’t think it’s the subs because I’ve been on them for 2 months already and this has never happened. If I ever got a headache it was because I forgot to eat or drink enough water and subs dehydrate you. This isn’t that. Regardless, I think I’ll take another day at 1.7 before I jump down again. I also see my doc tomorrow and will ask for the .7mg tablets to make this process easier because cutting pills yourself has too great a margin of error.

Just a side note, did anyone ever notice that while on full agonists, they didn’t get sick very much if at all? I’m one who usually gets sick a few times each year and almost always gets the flu like clockwork - but not while on opiates. Maybe I just have to get used to this again.

Sub has been known to cause headaches, and sometimes severe headaches such as migraines. Many have found that drinking LOTS of water will help in some cases. Also try some Excedrin Migraine as that may offer some relief. Also try 2 Extra Strength Tylenol TOGETHER with 2 Motrin or Ibuprofen. Something about the 2 combined provided more relief from not only headaches but pain in general. Hope you feel better.

Randy

Before my Sub days I feel like I was never sick. But that was before having a kid. Once Kindergarten came around I was done for...it was like I was getting a daily injection of gross kiddie viruses and bacterial infections. Makes my skin crawl thinking about his first year in school. The three of us got soooooooo sick.

Me too, I got sick maybe once every 2 years on opiates. Since I quit I have had the sniffles twice. Nothing major just annoying. But I guess its that time of year also.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast