Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 3 Post By oxyblues
Subutex Induction Help
    BritzReady is offline New Member

Default Subutex Induction Help

Hello, I'm new to this board, but have been lurking for quite some time. My story is the same as just about everyone else's... Started with a medical need for oxy & ended up with a 300mg per day habit. That's where I am now. I have gone to a sub doctor and they gave me (27) 8mg Subutex generic pills. This was about a month ago, but I was scared to take it. Went back to oxy instead for fear of precipitated withdrawals. Finally tried again today and went about 20 hours and couldn't take it anymore... Went right back to oxy about an hour ago. My problem is that I'm not getting the physical symptoms of withdrawal... Just the anxiety mixed with a few minor physical symptoms. But the anxiety and just feeling like I need to take something is enough to make me go right back. The fear of getting sicker is enough to scare me away from the subutex all together. So I guess my question is, what happens if I make it to 24 hours but am not a 26 on the COWS scale, but the symptoms that I do have are so bad that I just have to take something? If it weren't for the anxiety, I could go longer... I could handle the physical symptoms if they would just happen... I just cannot deal with the anxiety. What can I do? I thought about trying to take Xanax the first day to get through the anxiety and allow the physical symptoms to start, but I know you cannot mix Xanax with subutex. How long would be safe to take it before starting subutex? If I could go all day with taking that, then wake up after around 8 hours would it be safe to take the subutex? Also, what is the best dose to start on the subutex? I think I read that I should start at .5 mg and wait 90 minutes and take more, but is that right for my current habit? I have never snorted or injected.... Just take 45-60mg of oxycodone orally about every 3 hours that I'm awake. Usually about (10) 30mg pills a day. I have to stop, but I'm terrified. What if I never get to a 26 on the cows scale? What if I'm not strong enough to make it that long? So far I haven't been. 22 hours is as far as I've made it, though I could have made it longer if I knew it would be okay to just take it at 24 hours even if all the symptoms weren't there. Please someone help me... I want so badly to stop this once and for all, but I need some serious help.

Thanks to all that read my post and reply.

BritzReady is offline New Member

Can anyone help? Please?

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BritzReady View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this board, but have been lurking for quite some time. My story is the same as just about everyone else's... Started with a medical need for oxy & ended up with a 300mg per day habit. That's where I am now. I have gone to a sub doctor and they gave me (27) 8mg Subutex generic pills. This was about a month ago, but I was scared to take it. Went back to oxy instead for fear of precipitated withdrawals. Finally tried again today and went about 20 hours and couldn't take it anymore... Went right back to oxy about an hour ago. My problem is that I'm not getting the physical symptoms of withdrawal... Just the anxiety mixed with a few minor physical symptoms. But the anxiety and just feeling like I need to take something is enough to make me go right back. The fear of getting sicker is enough to scare me away from the subutex all together. So I guess my question is, what happens if I make it to 24 hours but am not a 26 on the COWS scale, but the symptoms that I do have are so bad that I just have to take something? If it weren't for the anxiety, I could go longer... I could handle the physical symptoms if they would just happen... I just cannot deal with the anxiety. What can I do? I thought about trying to take Xanax the first day to get through the anxiety and allow the physical symptoms to start, but I know you cannot mix Xanax with subutex. How long would be safe to take it before starting subutex? If I could go all day with taking that, then wake up after around 8 hours would it be safe to take the subutex? Also, what is the best dose to start on the subutex? I think I read that I should start at .5 mg and wait 90 minutes and take more, but is that right for my current habit? I have never snorted or injected.... Just take 45-60mg of oxycodone orally about every 3 hours that I'm awake. Usually about (10) 30mg pills a day. I have to stop, but I'm terrified. What if I never get to a 26 on the cows scale? What if I'm not strong enough to make it that long? So far I haven't been. 22 hours is as far as I've made it, though I could have made it longer if I knew it would be okay to just take it at 24 hours even if all the symptoms weren't there. Please someone help me... I want so badly to stop this once and for all, but I need some serious help.

Thanks to all that read my post and reply.
    He Britz
    Welcome. Have you considered tapering down a bit and then jumping from the oxys? Reach out to Catrina. She's been right where u are and kicked those pills CT. She says it takes about a week of feeling like u have the flu.
    Versus months perhaps with subs.
    Look for her thread and drop her a line. You might not need subs. The short-acting pills are out of your system in a short while.
    Whatever you do, don't take subs before reaching a real 26 on the Cows worksheet. You do NOT want to put yourself in precipitated wds---it is the worst! I know, i made that error.
    Hang in there, reach out to Cat (Catrina).
    You can do this!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Did u find Catrina?

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Britz,

Are you still checking your thread? I hope you come back. Let us help you! I'm not sure how we missed your first desperate post but I'm sorry! I'll hang with you while you get this show on the road. I promise. I am mostly free tonight and for most of tomorrow. Let's post back and forth and figure this out. You can do this. You don't need to be a slave to this. It is terrifying. I've been there and I know. Hope you post soon. I'll be watching for you.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

oxyblues is offline Member

Can you taper to 200mg?? Why do I ask? Because I was at 200mg oxy and to be honest it was even more most days and I was all set to use Subs to kick it. Even when to the doc like you did and got some. I then decided to try and do it without the Suboxone at the suggestion of some here and you know what? I'm on day 5. I feel great, just a bit tired and it was nothing more than the flu man with some RLS that sucked. It's really not that bad and you can do it without the Subs. Give it a thought. Since you have to be at a 26 on the COWS scale that's going to take a minimum of 24 hours to achieve. See how you feel then and then see if you can make it another 12 hours and then hour by hour you are that much closer to the day where you feel better.
    Randy35, Catrina and Ming23 like this.