Subutex/Suboxone detox and WD day 9
    MashaMasha is offline Junior Member

Default Subutex/Suboxone detox and WD day 9

I can't believe I even made it to day 9. Every night get worse and worse. The days are getting slightly better though. I haven't slept in days, only in random bouts of ten minutes here or there. At night I toss and turn and kick my feet, my skin crawls the most at night and my temperature regulation is a joke. I literally cannot be one temperature, and how can one relieve the extreme discomfort of that if they are hot AND cold all at once. It really F's with you and you start feeling weak. But you have to remember to keep going. To stay positive. That's my day to day you can say. In the morning I get up cranky as hell because of the horrendous night and then I slowly build myself back up with inspirational songs, videos, moving around as much as my body will give in, keeping my enivornment neat and tidy because it could affect your mood, eating the right things, and drinking literally all day things such as tea, water, and fresh juicing.

But back to last night. At about 12am I just freaked out. I started screaming and crying at the top of my lungs. I bashed my bed threw all my bedding all over the place. I started pulling my hair and hitting myself in the head. That's how mad and insane I got from the pain and anxiety that comes with WDs and the inability to get healthy sleep for days upon days. It freaks me out because that's not me. I don't know who that was... And I start to panic, "what if this will go on forever"? Even another few days I just don't know if I can hang on at nights.

Anyone going through this, anyone already went through it? There is no definitive answer on how long these things last because we all have different pysiology and different histories. A little about my past, I have started pain killers at 17 and kicked the habit twice but not for long periods of time in between. I am now turning 29 in a few days and two and a half years ago I went on suboxone. I had no idea about it. Idiot me did not research it at all. Just went by word of mouth and then trusted everything the doctor said, naively. He told me there's no WD from suboxone as long as I take what's prescribed (16mg LMAO CRAZY)!!! What a piece of garbage he is. Anyways I had jumped from 4-6MG with my last dose on March 2nd. Please no judgement on how high I jumped from, I've made it this far and I can't go back now to taper more. It's just how my cards were dealt with the timing being able to escape all and every responsibility for about 2-3 weeks if need be.

Mike1966 is offline New Member

Wow, sounds like a tough night. Sorry, but I never went the sub route and cannot comment. But very experienced people will respond shortly i'm sure.

You strike me as a very strong individual and I am impressed with your will power. You also should be impressed with yourself. Seriously, take a second to pat yourself on the back, you deserve it and well done MashaMasha. Is there a story behind the screen name?

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Good Morning Masha,

Good for you for hanging in there. It has to be a tough ride. I can't say what to expect from personal experience, but I have read some recent posts from people jumping from the same or even far more than what you did and they began to round to corner around Days 9 or 10. Maybe that's what happening for your too. Your days, not great but a little better? Lack of sleep can be crippling. I hope that you'll begin to get a little more very soon. I sure hope so. I wish I knew what you could do in order to at least a few straight hours of shut eye. Have you tried Melatonin or Sleepy Time Tea? I did and while honestly neither induced sleep, it did help relax me making the overnight hours just a bit more tolerable.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1966 View Post
    Wow, sounds like a tough night. Sorry, but I never went the sub route and cannot comment. But very experienced people will respond shortly i'm sure.

You strike me as a very strong individual and I am impressed with your will power. You also should be impressed with yourself. Seriously, take a second to pat yourself on the back, you deserve it and well done MashaMasha. Is there a story behind the screen name?
    Hi Mike thanks for writing. I find it so helpful just to talk to people, even if they dont have experience with subs, just anyone who can relate to addiction and to the pain it brings us. We all need to stick together because when you feel alone it's physcologically tolling and can deter you from the right path. Oh and Masha is my Russian nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning Masha,

Good for you for hanging in there. It has to be a tough ride. I can't say what to expect from personal experience, but I have read some recent posts from people jumping from the same or even far more than what you did and they began to round to corner around Days 9 or 10. Maybe that's what happening for your too. Your days, not great but a little better? Lack of sleep can be crippling. I hope that you'll begin to get a little more very soon. I sure hope so. I wish I knew what you could do in order to at least a few straight hours of shut eye. Have you tried Melatonin or Sleepy Time Tea? I did and while honestly neither induced sleep, it did help relax me making the overnight hours just a bit more tolerable.

Peace,

Cat
    Hi Cat! So I have been taking Valium at night for the last few nights and it helps for only 40 minutes tops! I am going to cease taking it from now on. Was going to stop taking it last night but my heart was palpitating so hard from anxiety, frustration and anger that I feared I would go into the drawer and grab a sub so I took a Valium instead. I really should clear my drawer I have so many subs left literally almost three boxes of them (I accumulated so much because I tapered down from 16 to 4-6 mg but didn't tell my doctor to minimize the money I had to spend coming in there to get my scripts. But I am sure glad I haven't reached into that drawer. It was a security blanket at first but now I'm done with that I'm more determined than ever because i did not go through all this pain and anguish just to quit.

7fourteen is offline Member

Mashamasha,

Hey, take a deep breath. Lots of them. Breathing exercises can help with the anxiety. You are doing so good. Day nine sub free, you are on your way. I can only tell you how my jump from subs went. 4 weeks today and sleep is still an issue but not as bad. Slept 5 hours last night. 2 hrs here 3 hrs there. There are things you can do to help get through this. Pretty basic stuff but it can be a challenge when going through WDs. Drink tons of water to help flush the toxins. Eat healthy, sometimes you have to force yourself but you have to start replenishing the nutrients. Fruits veggies, proteins etc. stay away from junk. Even protein shakes. Push yourself to exercise. Walking is great. Let the sun hit your skin. That helped me a lot. I can't tell you when you will turn the corner but these things will help. Remember, your brain and body are pretty much re booting. As for the sleep and the body discomfort, I went to my family Dr who knows my past. He gave me Trazadone for sleep. Knocks me out but I still wake up in about 2 hrs. He also gave me gabapintin for the skin crawling/ tingling I had going on. I'm sure you know about the hot baths and showers. I was taking several a day. When you wake up in the middle of the night try not to fight it. Know it sounds easy but it just makes it worse. Try reading, posting, get up and watch tv. Do something besides fighting it. You are on your way to freedom. You will look back on this and hopefully help others in the future going through the same thing you have gone through. Hang in there and stay strong! You are doing great!

Mike1966 is offline New Member

Masha,

When you are ready, you should throw away the subs. No lecture from me because you are doing a fantastic job. At one point, I think it would be the right thing to do for your recovery.

All_Day is offline New Member

Default Hello Masha,

First off, just like some other threads have written, Great Job!! I was on suboxone strips for 2 years when I was literally kicked off them by my doctor because he had too many patients. I was on 8mg twice daily. It took a few days because of the subs half life but on the 4th or 5th day I woke up and ran to the bathroom. The WD process had begun. Everyday for the next 2 weeks was miserable, horrible, and any other adjective to describe the emotional and physical WD process. Unlike you I'm not as mentally strong so be thankful for your strength and courage because it doesn't exist in everyone. If I had a drawer full of subs I wouldn't hesitate. I am very compulsive and I have been an addict for 15 years and counting. My point of all this is it took nearly a month for me to feel better. It was a win when I didn't throw up for a day then I days just started stringing together. Soon I was sleeping and eating normal. It took about a month and I'm sure it's different from others cause everyone is so unique. Just hang in there and a year from now or in the future you will look back and realize how much stronger you have become mentally and physically! Good luck and I'm routing for you Masha!

DawnMarie81 is offline Junior Member

I am on day 8 and I want you to know you aren't alone , I'm pretty sure this past week I had a fit of the same nature, your not crazy and I'm telling you it won't last forever I know it feels that way but your doing it, I feel OK today but I slept last night thankfully. I as well made that jump from 4mg after 2 and half years of being on a super high dose I didn't research it either trusted the stupid doctor.I just want you to know its OK and your not alone I promise.