• 2 Post By Autumnhopes
  • 1 Post By Wavision
  • 1 Post By InsaneJane
  • 1 Post By InsaneJane
  • 1 Post By Walkley822
Subzolv For Chronic Pain?
    InsaneJane is offline New Member

Default Subzolv For Chronic Pain?

Hi everyone. Im brand new to website; Found it looking for advice with issue I’m having. Besides doing the same thing over &over expecting different results =insanity. Ive been addicted to opiates on &off as long as I remember. Entered recovery 2 yrs after becoming an RN. (never intended to cross the line but well u get the pic- I was like a kid in a candy store). I put together almost 11 yrs of clean &sober time & relapsed. That was beginning of the end. In a span of 2 1/2 yrs I had 2 failed cervical fusions &relapsed on the post op narcotics. Yes I should have told the doc I was in recovery but the disease was louder than my recovery &in the midst of a move from FL to CO, dealing with 20 yo meth addicted daughter (2 dogs don’t make a cat, right?), homeless TBI son, &no recovery mtgs. Since then I’ve been in &out while getting dx of fibromyalgia plus the pain from the failed fusions was horrendous. So now I’m not working &on disability. I pretty much just get Norco here &there (ie hubbies gout flare up, sister in law had a few, etc etc). Id put together six mo & relapse. Fortunately for me It’s downright impossible to get anything unless u go to the street which ive not done YET. But now eat edibles for the pain at times &so feel like a hypocrite at mtgs & stopped going. So here we are at today. Went to FL for a visit & friend of mine w/ chronic pain on Zubsolv told me how wonderful it is. Takes away pain, no high. Best thing ever. She gave me 20 to hold me over til seeing a sub doc. That was 10 days ago. I only take half of 5.7. It is heaven for me, I’ve so much energy and feels like opiate but one of best except with too much nod &tiny bit irritable. It takes away my pain and other narcotics r out of the question. Not that I cd get them anyway. My husband is very supportive, he hates to see me in the pain. But I’m scared to death after reading about others wds. I know the high will start to taper off... at this point I’m thinking best just to use as judiciously possible and done but that’s very difficult given how they make me feel. HELP!!!! Ps sorry such a long post but wanted to include all pertinent info. Thank you!

Autumnhopes is offline Member

I'm replying to support but I'm not sure I can really help u... I feel for u deeply. I've been there recently, dealing w pain & being addicted to opioids is so difficult. You want the pills, u feel u need the pills then you're in pain... it's a disaster! I've taken suboxone before but I've never heard of Subzolv or Zubsolv Not sure u spelled it both ways but I've never heard of either med. But keep posting there is a lot of support & advice on this forum. It has saved my life!!!
    Lvg nghtmare and InsaneJane like this.

Wavision is offline Member

Walkley who has a thread on here has been on zubsolv for like 2 months and before that had a 3.5 year H habit. She pretty much started tapering down as soon as she was put on it and just dropped to 1mg today.

I too had never heard of zubsolv until her. I'm sure she will chime in here. You could also read through her thread.
    InsaneJane likes this.

Thank you so much for writing back - it’s part of the reason I chose this website as everyone seems very kind and compassionate. No judgement. The box says Zubsolv 5.7/1.4. Buprenorphine and Naloxone. Yes part of the problem is that everyone is speaking in terms of Suboxone dosage which I understand is stronger than this one. And yes it is so tempting to want the chronic pain relief, you get so sick of being in pain you’ll do just about anything. So I guess my question is, is it worth it knowing that one day I will have to pay the piper so to speak. I wish I had a crystal ball LOL. I certainly hope that I didn’t jump into a nightmare with just having 10 days taking half a pill. They are sublingual by the way
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Oh and yeah I see where I spelled it differently two times. For me one of the side effects is being extremely Spacey. Yesterday I brought the dog dish upstairs lol.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Walkley822 is offline Member

Hi! I’m so glad I finally found you because I think I can help. I too am on zubsolv but it was never prescribed for pain. My doctor gave it to me because he had a coupon for me and never explained the strength of this medicine. Infuriating. I must caution you though or anyone else out there contemplating taking it because suboxone and subutex are strong and zubzolv is even stronger - 42% stronger than suboxone in fact because of its high bioavailability factor. So it makes sense that it’s helping you with your pain. That said, because of its strength, I would start tapering immediately if your end goal is to be off any and all opiates. If not, i think your messing with a dangerous drug so if I were you I’d find the lowest possible dose to take that still helps with the pain and I’d go to a doctor and ask them for their help and get a legal script. Are you familiar with Roberts taper plan? If not, I’d read that a few times. You will be surprised at the dose that may actually help with the pain. Also, zubsolv comes in the following doses 5.7mgs (which you have), 1.4mgs, .7mgs so it can help you with your taper. Sorry for the long response but hopefully it will help you with your decision. Let me know if you have any questions and read my thread if you’d like see my experience with it. In all honestly, I seem to be having a harder time tapering than others on suboxone and that’s why I suggest tapering asap and not getting comfortable with this drug. I inducted at 5.7mgs and quickly jumped to 4 then to 2.8mgs. Now I’m at 1mg. Good luck!!
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Hi Walkley
    I just got done reading your thread and think u are quite an inspiration. You sound very determined to get your life on track and I think you’re doing an amazing job!!
    Thank you for reaching out I really appreciate it. I have not taken any zub today and won’t. In all honesty I’m not sure about tomorrow. It’s just that I’m so depressed and no energy normally- before the zub. When I take it I have so much energy and happy although the last couple times were just constant drowsiness like a nod. But my thinking is that if I give it a rest for a day that tomorrow will be better. Typical addict thinking. Today without it I just have the pain and of course fatigue but that’s all the time anyway w the fibro. I was on h in the late 80s for about 1.5 yrs and then went on methadone which I cold turkeyed from in jail. It was sheer hell. After 4 mo I went to 9 mo long rehab and got it together. (For cpl yrs anyway) I never went back to h not that I cd as my veins r shxx. I have just always had more energy and happy on opiates (til they turn on u). Zub has been one of the best since h. I really wish I knew where I was going w this. Sorry too for so long winded... I’ve not connected w anyone here in Colorado & no one else to talk to- not that they wd understand. My husband is my bff but he’s always working. One thing is for sure, I had no idea I was playing w fire til I came to this forum. I feel very conflicted about using zub for pain. When do u expect to be done and do u have plans on how to stay clean? Btw yes I read Roberts plan and I see Cat in a lot of threads. Them and u and a lot of others on this forum r like my new hero’s lol. It’s nice being clean and able to not having tb so self centered. (Oh and I forgot to mention- my dtr who was meth addicted has 10 mo clean & sober. No she knows nothing about my current situation)
    Keep up the awesome work. Ttyl.
    IJ

Insanejane, your story really touched me and i think you’re brave for telling it. Telling my own story in this forum has been hard for me to do. Probably because keeping my addiction a secret was the most important thing to me for the last few years. It still makes me nervous to talk about myself.

First, moving far away is hard especially when you don’t know many people. How are you liking CO? I’ve never been but heard it’s beautiful. Don’t worry I know that lonely feeling well and I’ll be here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to. My husband works a lot too and he doesn’t have to deal with this drug, not that he’s had it easy, but he’s clean and sober and never had to be on sub. So it’s hard for him to relate to me and what it’s like being on sub or zub haha.
    As far as getting and staying clean goes, we got married a couple of years ago and don’t have kids yet. We wouldn’t even attempt to try to get pregnant while on our doc so starting a family is our motivation to get and stay clean. Almost like our reward for getting clean. It’s all we want most in this world. We are also building a house and we just don’t have room for addiction in our lives any longer. So we aren’t looking back and can’t really afford to look back either. Financially, this was the biggest mistake of our lives and we are trying to right the ship. We both had very healthy addictions that set us back into the hundreds of thousands. Our future is so bright but what is the point of it all if we had to live a secret life and feed an addiction 24/7? Our addiction turned our world upside down while we did our best to maintain this secret and hide our unhappiness to the world. It was too much to bear. We hid this from everyone. It got to the point where I would look at complete strangers and actually feel jealousy toward them because chances are they were clean and I wasn’t and that made all the difference in the world to me. They could have a baby if they wanted to and I couldn’t. I felt like my entire world was on hold and I had no control to change my situation. Not to mention the damage it was starting to do to my marriage. So I desperately want to right this ship and put our lives and our marriage back together and put that nightmare in the past where it belongs and never ever look back. My husband is already there. He’s just waiting for me to be done with subs and he’s being as supportive as he can be.

I’m not an expert with addiction and what makes some people relapse while others don’t. I have no idea. Some people say that age has something to do with it. Like if you start using at a young age versus age 30, it increases the chance you’ll relapse. Others say genetic predisposition. I will say that in the throws of my addiction, I only ever snorted and never used via IV. I don’t know if that will make a difference in our sobriety or not but thought worth mentioning just in case. I’d like to think we saved ourselves from some pain by not going down the IV path but you never know. What I do know is that both me and my husband wanted this more than anything else in the whole world. Will that be enough? I’d like to think so.

You mentioned you detoxed off methadone in prison? If I pictured what hell was and multiplied that by 100, it would be exactly that situation. I’ve never been on methodone before but I’ve heard stories that have made my skin crawl. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. No one deserves that.

I’m really glad you reached out about your confliction with zub because I wouldn’t have even tried it if I knew it was STRONGER than sub = harder to get off of. But my body had gotten used to it during my taper and I was scared to switch at that point. if you’re considering a long acting opiate just use regular suboxone. They do say that subs are just like H in legalized pill form for a reason (I haven’t experienced that myself but others have) So it makes sense when you said you haven’t felt this good since h. Just be careful. I’d never judge you for any decision you made especially because you’re dealing with pain which is one thing I never had to deal with. I can only imagine what you guys go through so whatever decision you end up with, I support you 100%. A lot of people do say that their pain decreases after they’ve jumped off opiates which is interesting. They basically have said that opiates made their pain WORSE over time. I feel if you’re just liking the zub because it takes away the depression and gives you energy, don’t do it. But the pain, only you can answer that. In my experience, ten days was about long enough for me to feel addicted to zub.

Regarding my taper experience: My taper hasn’t been that bad but it hasn’t been easy for me either. I’ve had pretty significant stomach issues throughout the entire taper from the jump (two months straight, almost every day). I’ve also suffered from pretty painful headaches in the middle of the day that would leave my eyes aching and red. And as soon as I dropped to 1mg, the insomnia and anxiety started. I have had days where I felt completely normal and OK but I’ve had more off days than good days. I originally expected to be off this by end of feb. but because we are currently living with the in laws and I don’t want to do my final jump while living in their home, I’m conflicted about when I’ll actually be done. I’d like to stay the course but detoxing anywhere other than the comfort of my own home gives me anxiety. Plus I can’t take baths here and I need baths when I detox. I don’t know what I’m going to do. So I’m struggling with that. I’m sorry this is so long but I wanted to address everything you said. Let me know what you decide and Keep me updated. I want to know how you’re doing.

Hi WAlkley! So excited to hear back from you. That sucks that you have to do this at your in-laws. I myself would be so uncomfortable. Do they know what you’re going through? Are you in a financial position where you might be able to take just one night at a hotel, with a nice tub? If you look on the websites you can find some really competitive rates. There is also AIRBNB Which sometimes you can find a really awesome last minute deal for just a couple of nights that’s the same as one night and a really really nice place. Anyway, in the meantime we can be grateful that you have a place to go to.
    I’m watching my toddler granddaughter right now so this post might be all over the place LOL.
    Why do any of us turn to drugs is the million dollar question I suppose. I think some Of it is how we are raised. For me it was a schizophrenic stepmother, I won’t go into details but suffice it to say when I was taken from the home the case was in the newspaper. Do I blame that for going into the darkness? No. I think there is a lot of us probably almost all of us that have had demons in our lives. I know so many women who have been sexually abused as a child and I can’t imagine that. I do think a lot of it is genetic. Both my mother and father were bad alcoholics &some of their parents etc. etc. What I can’t believe is that drug addiction is one of the biggest if not the biggest problem in our country today , 90% of people incarcerated are there because of drugs/alcohol, most crime is committed because of drugs, The impact on the economy (lost work, health insurance, financial hardships), thenp there’s the mpact on the children. I cd go on &on but the point is this - is anybody really focusing on anything but the punishment aspect? Oh yeah there’s tons of rehab (& $$$) But the recidivism rate is through the roof. In my last rehab which was in 2014 about nine months after my second surgery there was this really wealthy chick from California who had a ton of friends that were celebrities. So I said to her wouldn’t it be great if they could sponsor a telethon, like a three day telethon with all kinds of stars that could drive a huge audiencet with hopes they could round up money to start some really serious serious research. Jerry Lewis’s muscular dystrophy telethon raised over $61 million in just one yr alone. Anyway her response was something like she wanted to go help children in some Third World country somewhere. Whatever.....Malibu Barbie. Anyway .... I guess it doesn’t matter too much at this point. No that’s not true... but we’re pretty powerless when it comes to something of such catastrophic proportions. But we can be part of the solution, right?
    I know I still have questions to answer from your post but I have to tend to the baby right now. I shall return :-)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-27-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Oops. I was just thinking, I hope Walkley is not from California LOL - not to imply that I was trying to insult California. She was actually a pretty cool chick. Just really really pretty and really really rich. So I think I was really really jealous LOL. Anyway talk to you soon

Hahaha that’s too funny. No I don’t live in CA either but I wish I did!!! How awesome would that be? Great weather all year round and tan??? I’m jealous. Sign me up!

Well I think I’ve made my decision. No no no way will I be using this >>>> long term. That’s all. Good luck Walkley- u seem like a really cool person and if you ever come to Denver look me up at green Earth Services, my husbands company. My real name is Melody (I used Jane coz it rhymes w insane lol).