Switching from 15mg of methadone to suboxone, would really appreciate tips.
    Bottlecapbuddy is offline New Member

Default Switching from 15mg of methadone to suboxone, would really appreciate tips.

Hi all, So I’ve been on MMT for 3.5 years, and on a dose of 15mg for around 5 months. I’m switching to suboxone, with the hopes of taking it for 2-3 months as a way of getting of all maintenance drugs without months of w/d. I’ve started to get some gross side effects from the mmt (weight gain, brain fog, etc) and I’m sick of being tied to the clinic. I went to the new suboxone doc yesterday and he decided my dose of methadone was so low that I only needed to wait 24 hours between my last methadone dose and starting the subs. He wanted me to take 2 mg of the subs when I woke, then take more if the 2 didn’t do it for me. I was supposed to start this morning, but I panicked and took my methadone instead, I’m terrified of precipitated w/d. Does this sound right to anyone?

Relevant info: I don’t use any opiates besides the methadone and have been “clean” for 3.5 years. I take my methadone dose at around 4:30-5 am and it holds me until the next morning. I am in mild withdrawal when I wake up every morning though. I take Ativan daily for my anxiety and have a small emergency storage of xanax I have to continue working and going to school while doing all of this... honestly my biggest worry is getting through this switch without screwing up work or school. I don’t have anyway of getting any real time off from these things, although I do work from home (so I don’t have to look great, I just need to be able to think straight enough to work). I don’t want to use the subs for any longer than really needed. I’m getting married in November. I have bad timing :(

I’ve tried to put all the relevant info in this post without writing a novel, but I might’ve forgotten something. Any advice, recommendations or personal stories would be so welcomed. I am scared out of my mind about this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-29-2017 at 05:16 PM.