Tapering
    Mntals is offline New Member

Default Tapering

I have a question, I've been taking 6 hydromorphone 4mg and 3 Norco 10mg 325 for six years. I started tapering this past Monday, and today Thursday I took 1 hydromorphone and 3 Norco. Tomorrow I'm going to take 2 Norco in the am and 1 at 5pm and no hydromorphone. I feel the wds but not to bad. Does this tapering sound ok?

asp44 is offline Member

I have not had much luck with tapering, if the pills were readily available then down the hatch they would go. But having said that it sounds as though your taper is way to aggressive!! You need to stabilize yourself after each reduction. With the info you provided it doesn't sound as though you are going to be able to do that with your rapid decrease in doses. Tapering needs to be done slowly. Just remember its not a race, its more of a marathon. Slow & steady.

It's the best I can do. I'm out of the hydromorphone. I can still get the nocos be just 3 a day. Today I'll do 2 in the am and 1 at 5pm. Then stay on that for a week and taper to 1 1/2 am and 1 1/2 at 5 pm and go from there .

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Mntals welcome to the forum, I see you have been taking Opiates for years, my question to you is are you trying to get clean more than anything else.. or are you forced to because you cannot get any more Diluads? I too was taking massive amounts of Diludads. The good Addict I am could not taper I always wanted more...I quit cold turkey off Diluads and methadone over 1000+ pills a month..I used to say that was the hardest thing I have done but staying clean everyday is work. My Life is so fulfilling clean I promise you...Now you said you were taking 3 norcos two in the am 1 pm, than in five days 1 1/2 am 1 1/2 pm, well any way you look at it that's 3 a day your goal is to Decrease your amount than quit.. What helped me was face to face Support NA,As counseling, thearpy it will hold you accountable for your actions and provide you with support with other addicts who can identify with all your going through. We are all here to support you in your journey..be well, keep us updated on your future plans.. Stay Strong for Today..

Yes I am out of the hydromorphone, and really don't want it anymore. I started out with 3 Norcos then added the other stuff. I'm going to eventually stop the Norcos to, but I know it will take longer on those . So I'll go slower on the tapering. Hopefully in about 6 weeks I can get off completely.

Danmck92 is offline New Member

I was wondering if anyone here knows of it's okay to taper of morphine extended release 30 mg a day three times a day by switching to dilaudid I want off the pills completely so my plan was to try switching from morphine to dilaudid 4mg then cutting those in half then taking Tylenol 3 to finish the rest off

Forceout is offline Member

Welcome to the Forum? I see you posted yesterday on an older thread....

You have undoubtedly come to the right place. This place is full of people who care and want to help any way they can!!!

Congrats on your decision to get off the hard age.!! I'm 22 days clean so and my drug was different....Norco for five years every day. Man am I glad to be clean omg!!! I can think again finally

Continued.

I am not experienced in your meds. But you should start your own thread and someone will be by to help. The right people are here for sure and they care deeply about helping you.

This is an old thread. It may take a while to find you for the right person so hit the drugs.com logo at the top of the page then forums then "Need to Talk".... and title your thread something like need help tapering morphine.

You'll be on your way to good help then.

The weekends can be a little slow but someone will grab a hold of you and help you soon and they won't let go if you don't!!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mntals View Post
    I have a question, I've been taking 6 hydromorphone 4mg and 3 Norco 10mg 325 for six years. I started tapering this past Monday, and today Thursday I took 1 hydromorphone and 3 Norco. Tomorrow I'm going to take 2 Norco in the am and 1 at 5pm and no hydromorphone. I feel the wds but not to bad. Does this tapering sound ok?

Welcome!

Your taper thus far seems a little fast, and reducing by a little too much, but if it's been tolerable then that's fine. But as your dose gets lower I would slow down a bit. That will help lessen the wd's when you make your final jump. I would also make your dose reductions much smaller, and remain on each dose at least 4 days before reducing further. Slow and steady wins this race.

Keep posting updates and we'll be here with help and support.

Randy