Tapering down off Percocet with codiene and buprenorphine? So many questions!!
    Luckyleo1987 is offline New Member

Default Tapering down off Percocet with codiene and buprenorphine? So many questions!!

Hey everyone

I've been using Oxyneo 20s and Percocet 5/325 for the last couple years after a pretty nasty back issue and a couple surgeries. I had a rough couple weeks and I've wound up short and my dr isn't back for refills for about 10 days. I'm down to 80mg from about 150, but don't have enough to maintain that. I have about 65 Percocet, 15 T3s and a 5microgram and 10 microgram buprenorphine subdermal patch (was on those before oxy). Any ideas how to make this last the longest with the least WDs because I can't take time off work. I also picked up some of the things from the Thomas Recipe to help out and have access to clonopin and Ativan (and some MJ, if that works at all?) Any help would be really appreciated, I really don't know how the 3 things compare and how much I can cut down to try and make it to the 16.

Thanks in advance.

L

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyleo1987 View Post
    Hey everyone

I've been using Oxyneo 20s and Percocet 5/325 for the last couple years after a pretty nasty back issue and a couple surgeries. I had a rough couple weeks and I've wound up short and my dr isn't back for refills for about 10 days. I'm down to 80mg from about 150, but don't have enough to maintain that. I have about 65 Percocet, 15 T3s and a 5microgram and 10 microgram buprenorphine subdermal patch (was on those before oxy). Any ideas how to make this last the longest with the least WDs because I can't take time off work. I also picked up some of the things from the Thomas Recipe to help out and have access to clonopin and Ativan (and some MJ, if that works at all?) Any help would be really appreciated, I really don't know how the 3 things compare and how much I can cut down to try and make it to the 16.

Thanks in advance.

L
    What are you wanting to do exactly? Are you just trying to make it until you can refill your script in 10 days or do you want to get off this poison for good?

Luckyleo1987 is offline New Member

Sorry if it was unclear. I want to get off for good,the Drs appointment on the 16 is to get a prescription to start tapering, but at a much slower rate than this, to hopefully avoid the worst of the WDs. So ideally I'd just like to make it to the 16, with the lowest dose possible, unless there's a somewhat reasonable shot I could just get off everything with what I have and not be too poorly off.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyleo1987 View Post
    Sorry if it was unclear. I want to get off for good,the Drs appointment on the 16 is to get a prescription to start tapering, but at a much slower rate than this, to hopefully avoid the worst of the WDs. So ideally I'd just like to make it to the 16, with the lowest dose possible, unless there's a somewhat reasonable shot I could just get off everything with what I have and not be too poorly off.
    Well, as you said you simply do not have enough meds to maintain your current daily dosage for 10 days! Do not use the buprenorphine patches at all, you can emergency dose for 10 days by using the Percs and the T3's. This is going to be trial and error on your part? Emergency dosing consist of waiting until you are in mild withdrawal and taking the least amount of med for relief? The T3's are not going to do much and won't last long but you'll have 6 percs a day to help you through? Try to save your last Perc dose of the day for your bedtime that way you can get some sleep? If you plan on tapering your meds when you get your refill just remember the tapering has to be done very slowly at a rate of 15% every 5-7 days. The taper has to be slow enough so you have very little to no withdrawal symptoms! If you taper too fast or by too much you will be in a constant state of withdrawal and will only be dragging the whole process out! Tapering is very difficult, it takes a lot of willpower and discipline! Most people can not taper! The other option is cold turkey which would be about a week of flu like symptoms with the worst being over by day 5 or so? Keep us updated on your progress? Good luck... God bless us all!