Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree139Likes
Tapering off 6 years on Subs and freaking out!
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

UGH! Could you be coming down with a bug? The coughing doesn't sound right. The aches may be the subs still (sorry to say that). Yes. Call the doctor to see what he/she says. NO opiates. You don't really want to throw all your hard work away.

Keep us posted.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

Gonnawin is offline Member

I really don't think it's a bug. It's just a choking kind of cough that came out of nowhere. But the doc said it is one of the rare side effects of ReQuip. That stuff was just no good for me at all. I stopped taking it Saturday and the sweats/ headache went away. The cough is hanging on still, untouched by cough medicine. Wierd. But I picked up a script for Gabapentin so I just hope it's better. It says take 3 x daily too but I'm just gonna take it at night. Why can't this RLS just go away and let me move on already!?

No worries though, I'm not really gonna ruin my progress. I was just having weak thoughts.

Ugh already!!!
    Catrina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnawin View Post
    I really don't think it's a bug. It's just a choking kind of cough that came out of nowhere. But the doc said it is one of the rare side effects of ReQuip. That stuff was just no good for me at all. I stopped taking it Saturday and the sweats/ headache went away. The cough is hanging on still, untouched by cough medicine. Wierd. But I picked up a script for Gabapentin so I just hope it's better. It says take 3 x daily too but I'm just gonna take it at night. Why can't this RLS just go away and let me move on already!?

No worries though, I'm not really gonna ruin my progress. I was just having weak thoughts.

Ugh already!!!
    I've never used Requip so I can't give much advice concerning it. I did read some after you said that's what your doctor gave to you. I have a script for Gaba and have had it periodically off and on for years. It has never really made me sleepy. I have it prescribed for nerve pain related to my back and the dose prescribed for me is one (100mg) three times a day. Because often my nerve pain is more severe at night, my surgeon said I could take 300mg at bedtime. The reason I note this for you is that there obviously isn't a danger in taking that much at once. I might suggest you take one when you have some time before you have to go to work to see whether or not they do or do not make you sleepy. If one doesn't do the trick for you at bedtime, maybe try taking 2 of them at bedtime. My doctor knows my history of abuse and has never had an issue giving them to me. I have never been inclined to take more than I'm prescribed and like I said, I've had them on and off for years.

Fingers crossed they do the trick. I have had them prescribed for RLS too in the past and only took them at night or when I was travelling and had to sit for a prolonged period and they definitely helped me. Hope they help you too.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks for caring enough to look up the ReQuip. You're so awesome!!

So it's 18 days clean now!! Woooo!!!! Whoever it was before that said something about 3 weeks of RLS was right... It's still haunting me. I'm literally fine. All of the time. Except for this. It's unfair and unrelenting.

Anyway... Cat, my Gabapentin is for 300mg pills. Night 1 I took one and it numbed my entire body. I even bit my tongue hard enough to bleed!! Lol! Last night I had to take a second pill because 1 didn't work but then I slept all night. it worked without nasty side effects. So that is good. I just want it to end. I don't want to take anymore pills to be able to achieve normal human functions!! I just have to wonder if I've destroyed my brain receptors and I'll always be like this now!!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Gonnawin
    It will pass. You haven't "ruined" your receptors.
    Are u drinking enough water? Drink more! Flush the drugs out.
    We frighten ourselves. I too thought for a while that the symptoms would never pass. But they do. It takes a while after the taper/detox but the body/brain will heal itself. After all, that's what they do!
    Drink water, eat light, get some stretching done. Have faith that this is part of the trip. I jumped 4 months ago and still find Imodium helpful. Each body responds differently.
    Hang in there! The RLS will pass!
    Proud of you!

Thanks Ming. It's just so stressful to never be able to just sleep. I know it's part of the healing process but I just want to be normal. I am eating right and I walk all day and night at work and have to run up and down stairs a lot. Then I just want to come home and relax but then the RLS is right there still! I hope it passes soon. I still take my vitamins everyday too. I'm trying!!

4 months for you is awesome! Can't wait till I'm there too!

So today was 30 days clean from the Sub Monster!!! Yay me!!

Most days are good, some have been bad. But not as bad as I ever thought. My taper was absolutely the key to my success.

Bad news: 30 days in and STILL have Restless Legs every single night. It's so discouraging. I've never had it before but it will not go away. Still taking my Gabapentin every night and it doesn't even give me enough relief to sleep. I just have to hope everyday will be the last.

Even with this affliction, I am so happy to be able to just leave my house without dosing or worrying about it. And I know that soon I will be normal again.
    Catrina likes this.

Congratulations! (Aside from the RLS!). You've done great I might add. Glad that you're still working hard. That and time will have you where you need and want to be soon.

I actually feel your frustration with the RLS. I had back surgery in mid February and the sciatica is 99% better. The post surgery days were a breeze. However, for the past few weeks my surgical site is a bit painful in the morning but gets better throughout the day. AND I have something similar to RLS going on. Driving me a bit nuts. I'll give it til next week and I guess I'll have to check with my primary care. So, think of me when you're rattling at night. I'm doing the same thing for no apparent reason except that it has to be related to my back. Who knows. I'm going to try to up my potassium. Whatever. We'll get through it.

So good to get an update from you. I think of you all the time.

Peace,

Cat

Hi Cat! Just wanted to check in. I hope your RLS issues have resolved and you're feeling better!! I think of you all the time.

As for me, June 10 was 60 days clean. It feels great to be here and again, I want to thank you for talking me through every worry and issue! Your help continues to mean the world to me.

So... 66 days and I am STILL fighting RLS. I really feel like it's never going to stop. Some nights I sleep and think it's over and then it will be back full force the next night. I'm honestly at a loss. Idk how long it is gonna take to be normal again. I definitely don't feel 100% still and some days I will feel like I'm totally in withdrawals again. I'm guessing those days it's PAWS related, but I get through. It's rough but I know all the years of subs will just take time to completely go away.

Hope everyone is doing well and winning their battles!!
    Catrina and Iluv2smile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnawin View Post
    Hi Cat! Just wanted to check in. I hope your RLS issues have resolved and you're feeling better!! I think of you all the time.

As for me, June 10 was 60 days clean. It feels great to be here and again, I want to thank you for talking me through every worry and issue! Your help continues to mean the world to me.

So... 66 days and I am STILL fighting RLS. I really feel like it's never going to stop. Some nights I sleep and think it's over and then it will be back full force the next night. I'm honestly at a loss. Idk how long it is gonna take to be normal again. I definitely don't feel 100% still and some days I will feel like I'm totally in withdrawals again. I'm guessing those days it's PAWS related, but I get through. It's rough but I know all the years of subs will just take time to completely go away.

Hope everyone is doing well and winning their battles!!
    So glad to hear from you. I do watch to see if you've come on to update. YUCK on the RLS. Good news is that you've got 60 days and you are having some good days. Those will become more frequent. Hang on tight. You've done so well and I'm proud of you.

Peace,

Cat

GelatoinItaly is offline New Member

Gonnawin,

I read the entire process of your taper for some distraction and inspiration as I come upon my last dose after tapering myself from 60 MG of MS Contin to 7.5 per day. It's taken me 6 months but here I am!

The RLS is definitely a bugger and I totally understand how it feels like you are going to lose your mind. With that said, I noticed the same things-as soon as the sun came up I would fall asleep. Before experiencing RLS due to opiate withdrawal, I used to get it when I worked long/late shifts at the bar. Especially when I wasn't able to rest my legs during those long shifts. I have found ice packs strategically placed on my legs (thighs, under knees) really helps as well some kind of wrap with a pressure point under the feet. Sounds crazy, but it works!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567