Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.
    Mirabellesmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    So I took my dog on another long walk (Im sure she's loving life right now with all these walks tonight!) and then came home and sat in the shower for a little bit since it seems to be the only thing that relaxes me. My knees are THROBBING though (which was the whole reason I started taking Percs in the first place) so I decided tonight I'd go the Tylenol PM route, and if this doesn't do any magic then tomorrow I will try the sleepy time tea and melatonin. I really am physically and mentally exhausted, I wish i could just fall asleep. The anxious feeling/not being able to sit still, has been coming and going which I guess is good, I thought for sure I was going to be feeling that one 24/7...I was watching a comedian on TV with my dad and i was actually laughing, not feeling too icky, and now I'm watching Bridesmaids on HBO to get a good laugh and keep me from sitting here and letting my mind wander. Hopefully this tylenol PM kicks in soon because I truly am wiped out.
    I forgot to include before, I have came down from Percs before, but i was very naive about it. It was when I first started taking them and had taken them everyday for about 2-3 months and just ran out so I just didn't think twice about it..then I remember two days later I felt kinda icky then I threw up out of no where, then the next few nights I experienced the one thing Ive been fearing, the restless, sleepless nights, and bad anxiety/depression. So this is why I have been so terrified all along to make the jump, I told myself I didn't wanna go through that again, even though that was a VERY mild case of withdrawals. But I gotta do what I gotta do! Keep on trucking. Look at me..a few hours ago I was thinking to myself "I can't do this, Ill just take half of one and be fine" But now as I sit and look at the clock, I'm almost 3 hours away from my 24 hour mark! The longest Ive gone without taking a pill in over a year. My mind is already blown and I'm really proud of myself for toughing it out so far.
    TOmorrow is going to be tough, I don't know what i'd do without all you guys here!
    If this Tylenol PM doesn't work then you will certainly be hearing from me!
    Lots of love
    ok, so you have stopped once before, but, you hadn't been taking them all that long and you didn't make the decision to quit, you just ran out, right? how long was it before you started taking them again? did you start taking them due to pain levels or due to other life pressures? i'm really just curious because your story seems to "talk" to me on some level and i'm truly interested in your motivations... of course, my mother would simply accuse me of being a "busy-body" and laugh at me...!! really, i'm not a gossip, just nosey!!!

Hope you are deep in dreamland and have sweet, sweet dreams... scritch your puppy behind the ears for me! i'm off to listen to my audio book and try to get some shut eye... oh ya! Audio books have really helped me with the sleeplessness... it gives my brain something to do at night, in the dark... it passes the time really fast (if its a good story) and allows your body to rest, even if you are unable to actually fall asleep... and, eventually, i do fall asleep listening. its better than TV anyways lol... try the Harry Potter series if you are into that kinda thing... the narrator is really fabulous!

i know tomorow may be a hard one on you, but some sleep tonight should help how you feel and just try to keep yourself busy (retail therapy works for me! not only does it get me out of the house, but its never too early to get a jump on the christmas shopping!!) hang tuff doll!! I know you can DO this!

Bessed Be.

so its 1:46 am.
    I MADE IT to the 24 hour point!! At 11:45 pm i was able to say I official had gone 24 hours without a pill.
    Now....Im in manic hell!
    Im so exhausted..I took tyelnol PM, made sleepy time tea, AND took a melanin. My body hates me, I am soooo exhausted but every time I try and lay down, NOPE, toss, turn, fidget, this is unbearable!
    I feel like Im never going to get to sleep tonight.. I haven't even came close to getting close to a second of shut eye and its making me so emotional my boyfriend is off work at 4 in the morning and I'm scared to keep him up with my constant fidgeting, tossing, leg rubbing, etc. HELP

I MADE IT to the 24 hour point!! At 11:45 pm i was able to say I official had gone 24 hours without a pill.
    Now....Im in manic hell!
    Im so exhausted..I took tyelnol PM, made sleepy time tea, AND took a melanin. My body hates me, I am soooo exhausted but every time I try and lay down, NOPE, toss, turn, fidget, this is unbearable!
    I feel like Im never going to get to sleep tonight.. I haven't even came close to getting close to a second of shut eye and its making me so emotional my boyfriend is off work at 4 in the morning and I'm scared to keep him up with my constant fidgeting, tossing, leg rubbing, etc. HELP

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Amber!....I said to Rose last night "Amber really sounds good!, shes Laughing!" So I went on to bed....How was your night Hon...or do I need to ask?
    Now....Im in manic hell!

miserable would be an understatement
    Im so tired and haven't been able to sleep a wink its now 6:39 here and I feel like a crack head, i have been moving from the bed, to the futon, to the floor, took another hot shower, took half of a Xanax..NOTHING is helping me sleep Im extra emotional right now because I just want to sleep so bad.. I pray to god I can fall asleep soon but I don't know what else to do. The second I close my eyes and get comfortable, I jerk, fidget, rub my legs together..it just isn't happening for me

Ohhh Amber Honey, I know what your going thru Baby....BELIEVE me when I say I do!!! And I know its Horrible! I remember when I was going thru it, and I thought the World had come to an end for me...but just as I was about to give up, they began to subside, and to the point where I could handle it....Youve got to hang in there Amber...I know its tough, and I know the ordeal your going thru...but I Promise you this WILL pass! I know it doesnt seem like it right now, and I know you think you just will NOT be able to go on....but you CAN! And you WILL! Please do your best to stay away from the Benzos...it will only prolong your ordeal...Ride it out honey, Hot Baths, B-3 (Niacin) B-6 and B-12...l-Tyrosine, More Hot baths...you can do this Amber, I KNOW you can...just keep thinking in your mind, "Not much longer....Not much Longer" Stay MAD at the Drug Honey...it is going to do ANYTHING to get you to take them again...Fight it AMBER!!! Fight it Baby! You can do this!
    miserable would be an understatement
    Im so tired and haven't been able to sleep a wink its now 6:39 here and I feel like a crack head, i have been moving from the bed, to the futon, to the floor, took another hot shower, took half of a Xanax..NOTHING is helping me sleep Im extra emotional right now because I just want to sleep so bad.. I pray to god I can fall asleep soon but I don't know what else to do. The second I close my eyes and get comfortable, I jerk, fidget, rub my legs together..it just isn't happening for me

samsmad is offline New Member

Hi Amber
    I just set up an account so i could give you some encouragement, Im on day three and today is better than yesterday. You can do it. You must do it. Just reading the post from these other people helping you is helping me so much. Hang in there. I'm praying for you. Sam

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Amber: I do soooo feel for you. But: you need to stop resisting. Just let it flow, your fear and frustration could be hampering your sleep as well. Yeah, the emotional stuff can be real over-whelming. Do you have the Thomas Recipe? I'm going to post some things that may help (what I did).

First: Sounds like you have Restless Leg: get some hyland's restful leg (walmart, healthfood places), potassium supplement (eat banannas and the like as well) GATORADE: (I first heard of this through the parkinson's people, it's top on the list for cramping and RLS. My boyfriend had young onset, he passed away in 06)
    Second: Before bed: Take a walk (as far and as hard as you can) Hot bath before bed, sleepy time tea,a hyland's and try a whole xanax, as long as you don't take it for long, a few days won't hurt. Put on some calming music, I use Bach, Hayden, Mozart, and follow the threads in the music ( I listen to these at night to this day) If you still cannot sleep, don't resist. Hit the couch with a comfy blanky, put a comedy or some such that won't make you emotional. And just wait it out. No one died of insomnia. It WILL go away. If you use melatonin you need an absolutely dark room, no tv, no sound.
    However: I believe RLS is creeping up on you and this is common so take the hyland's before bed, sip some gatorade.

Whatever you do HANG TOUGH. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Remember to be good to yourself.

Rose
    HarrySmooth likes this.

I agree with Rose Amber! I know when I get mad and p'd off cause I cant sleep it just makes it worse, so I just "Get UP!" Embrace my insomnia, grab some Hot Cocoa, and put on a Movie or something! I just tell it "Heck with ya! I didnt wanna sleep anyway"!!! So THERE!!!! LOL....Maybe "putter" around the house doing stuff...rearrange the cabinets in the kitchen, refold the Sheets in the Linen Closet... Alphabetize your CD collection...ANYTHING to keep busy and keep your mind off it...If your legs are Moving, they cant be Jerkin now can they??? LOL....Hang in there Honey!!!!!

Well, I made it through night one. I finally fell asleep around 7 ish and woke up around 10, so about 3 hours. I really do think that my emotions/frustrations got the best of me. The whole thing was that I was SO tired from taking all of those sleeping supplements so when I would try and embrace the insomnia by sitting up and watching a movie, id be slumped over about to fall asleep, but still having the RLS..It was killing me. Im going to go pick up that stuff for RLS, and Gatorade has actually been about the only thing in my system for 24 hours. I had a little bit of chicken noodle soup last night but that was it. Today Im not feeling the anxiety/rls (yet), maybe because I got a little sleep. I don't know if it was the Xanax that put me to sleep, or my body just finally caved in..but Im hearing both things on Xanax, Rose said its okay the first few days, Harry said avoid them. Ive been taking Xanax very rarely for the past few years, only when an attack flares up and it truly doesn't give me the "high" feeling it just knocks me out hard normally. Ill pick up some bananas maybe my body won't reject those. I have bad stomach cramps today, no diarrhea yet, but definitely using the bathroom more than Im used to (Darn those pills for causing constipation!) My boyfriend is here with me until work at 4, and last night I broke down and talked to my dad about it and he is giving me nothing but love and support, which is what I needed. He's off work today and tomorrow luckily so I won't be alone. He went on a walk with me last night with my dog and that helped me keep my mind straight.
    Thank you guys for keeping up with me, this forum is whats keeping me strong and motivated.
    Lots of love

Hey Amber,
    On the Benzos I would listen to Rose, as she is more experienced than I am in these things. And if you find yourself falling asleep on the couch go for it! Just nod out, any sleep is good sleeP! Im glad you have your Dad and Boyfriend there supporting you, that is very important! Stay motivated, and keep walking, and getting any exercise you can! You sound better!!! Hang in there!
    Well, I made it through night one. I finally fell asleep around 7 ish and woke up around 10, so about 3 hours. I really do think that my emotions/frustrations got the best of me. The whole thing was that I was SO tired from taking all of those sleeping supplements so when I would try and embrace the insomnia by sitting up and watching a movie, id be slumped over about to fall asleep, but still having the RLS..It was killing me. Im going to go pick up that stuff for RLS, and Gatorade has actually been about the only thing in my system for 24 hours. I had a little bit of chicken noodle soup last night but that was it. Today Im not feeling the anxiety/rls (yet), maybe because I got a little sleep. I don't know if it was the Xanax that put me to sleep, or my body just finally caved in..but Im hearing both things on Xanax, Rose said its okay the first few days, Harry said avoid them. Ive been taking Xanax very rarely for the past few years, only when an attack flares up and it truly doesn't give me the "high" feeling it just knocks me out hard normally. Ill pick up some bananas maybe my body won't reject those. I have bad stomach cramps today, no diarrhea yet, but definitely using the bathroom more than Im used to (Darn those pills for causing constipation!) My boyfriend is here with me until work at 4, and last night I broke down and talked to my dad about it and he is giving me nothing but love and support, which is what I needed. He's off work today and tomorrow luckily so I won't be alone. He went on a walk with me last night with my dog and that helped me keep my mind straight.
    Thank you guys for keeping up with me, this forum is whats keeping me strong and motivated.
    Lots of love

Amber: the reason Harry said no to xanax is because it's highly addictive. But the Thomas Recipe does call for a benzo the first few days, sparingly. In that case, used with caution and sparingly, you'll get the most benefit. If you can get the RLS inline and nighttime is when it bothers people most, you should be able to get some sleep. So I believe you'll be o.k. and it's great you have the love and support of family, that's good medicne. Make sure you pick up some immodium, just in case, has a mild opiate which doesn't penetrate into your system to get you high, but it does help calm down the bowels. You'll get this. How many hours in?

Iloerose

Harry, she'll be o.k. on the xanax if used sparingly and only when needed for a few days. I'm well of aware of the addictive qualities.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Got Cha Rose!!! Thanks!!! Thoses benzos worry me sometimes, just because they ARE so addictive! Like you said, just be careful with them Amber!!! Use as little as possible!!!
    Thanks Rose!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Amber: the reason Harry said no to xanax is because it's highly addictive. But the Thomas Recipe does call for a benzo the first few days, sparingly. In that case, used with caution and sparingly, you'll get the most benefit. If you can get the RLS inline and nighttime is when it bothers people most, you should be able to get some sleep. So I believe you'll be o.k. and it's great you have the love and support of family, that's good medicne. Make sure you pick up some immodium, just in case, has a mild opiate which doesn't penetrate into your system to get you high, but it does help calm down the bowels. You'll get this. How many hours in?

Iloerose

Harry, she'll be o.k. on the xanax if used sparingly and only when needed for a few days. I'm well of aware of the addictive qualities.

Thank you Rose and Harry.
    Well as of right now I'm about to pass the 37 hour mark. Even now I couldn't be prouder of myself. Im going to be honest with you guys, last night I almost caved. I wanted to take half of a perc just to put me to sleep, almost talked myself into it, then i came back here and realized I would have made the biggest mistake ever by doing that..So I'm staying strong just like you guys are telling me to! I spoke too soon on the diarrhea part sorry if thats too graphic for anyone but Im a pretty open person. I really have had nothing in my stomach so I put down some strawberry yogurt and a piece of toast and in no time I was running to the bathroom. I went to the drug store and bought some Hylands Restful Legs (Thank you Rose) and some Immodium, Im going to hold out on the Immodium for now, because I kinda want my system to be completely flushed of these toxins, plus I'm going to be at home all day so I don't have to worry about the embarrassment of having to go in public. How often did you take the RLS meds Rose? Im starting to feel kinda antsy, I just took my B6 Vitamin and a multivitamin, so I don't know if its okay to take a bunch of those things at once?

Mirabelles Mom- Im sorry I just noticed your question about my story. Well after I stopped suddenly that one time after a few months of use, I went thru mild withdrawal symptoms and told myself I wouldn't do them anymore because of the awful depression/anxiety I had felt...Well, low and behold, a few months later, my knees were acting up BAD, so what did I do? The stupidest thing I could have done...went and asked for more Percs, and thats why I am where I am today. One at night to help me sleep led to two a night...then one during the day, two at night..so on and so on. So now I'm smarter, and READY to be done with these awful things. In all honesty, it never made me a "different person" or made me a bad person..I really felt that I needed them for my knee pain (it was the only thing that seemed to work), but they took over the majority of my thoughts.."When am I going to get more" , "Do I have enough for this month?"..it honestly just got tiring. Its not a lifestyle I want to live anymore. Plus I'm in a very serious relationship (4 years strong), and am about a year away from getting my Bachelors Degree in Psychology (fancy that huh?) So I know as soon as I graduate Im going to be looking for a good job, and the second a drug test shows up positive for opiates and I have no proof of a prescription, Im definitely done. I want to marry the love of my life soon, and I want to be 100% sober and committed to him and to my future life with him. So its just time to say goodbye to that lifestyle.

Sam- thank you so much for the sweet words. Im glad my story can help inspire you as well, Ill keep you in my prayers too. We can get through this together! There are some amazing people on here helping me through every step of the way as you've noticed, they're definitely good people who keep me motivated to keep on trucking. Theres light at the end of this tunnel and we can definitely reach it!

Hey Amber! You've got a lot to live clean for! Don't cloud it with drugs. If you have ANY PERCS in the house, flush them, get rid of them. You'll feel funny about "wasting" them at first, but it will be the biggest relief you've known. I know a woman who found some after she'd been clean, panicked and ended up drowning them in dishsoap! I've been four days in and crawling on my hands and knees and looking under couch cushions! LOL. Get rid of ANY stash. You will never have to use again.
    Immodium is absloutely essential and you're right: it's your body getting rid of that junk. Stay hydrated. With the RLS, you might have too look up how many Hyland's you can take in a day, but they're pretty safe, I took as many as four throughout the day, gatorade will help, as will hot baths. You've got about one to two days left and these symptoms will start to go away. As for the knee pain: that's another trick of the mind/body. Most people report that their pain subsided after getting off of opiates, or at least subsided to a tolerable level.
    How many days in now? HANG TOUGH, you are getting this. Attitude is everything.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by samsmad View Post
    Hi Amber
    I just set up an account so i could give you some encouragement, Im on day three and today is better than yesterday. You can do it. You must do it. Just reading the post from these other people helping you is helping me so much. Hang in there. I'm praying for you. Sam
    Sam: do you have your own thread? You're getting there, just hang tough. Thinking of you.

Peace,

Iloerose
    samsmad likes this.

Rose, I have 10 left just "in case" and Ive truly thought about flushing them but something in me can't. I thought about telling my boyfriend to hide them from me, cause you're right, Im scared to "waste" them...I know I'm only fooling myself. Flushing them can be the best medicine.
    The Hylands says "Dissolve 3-4 quick dissolving tablets under tongue ever 4 hours ir as needed" So that means i take 3-4 at a time? right?
    The diarrhea is kicking my bum right now, pun intended. I may end up caving and taking an Immodium. So far no anxiety today, just feeling weak, tired, and a little RLS so i may end up taking a few of those here soon.
    So far: in about 25 minutes I'm going to be at 39 HOURS CLEAN. Over a day and a half!

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hi amber...i agree 100% with iloersoe about getting rid of ALL narcotics meds in ur house. they provide way too much of a temptation for anyone especially to someone that has just decided to go cold turkey. send those things bye bye down the swirling water basin and forget about them. rose is soooo right!

like she also says, u will feel very sad doing it at first but as they slowly disappear u will get the greatest sense of relief. u will feel such a rush just like one the drugs gave u. promise u that i'm right about it. i had to do the very same thing before. we all did. if u TRULY want to remain clean u'll do it WITHOUT QUESTION.

i guarantee that if u don't do it now, after a day or so when the symptoms catch u at a weak moment (and u'll have 1 for sure) u will say to urself that just 1 can'tpossibly hurt anything. totally wwrong amber. that is exactly how it all begins again. so do urself a huge favor and flush them now.

'just in case' u say....yeah right. ur NOT FULLY COMMITTED yet with that kind of thinking.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Kikker ouch...I really am fully committed.

If i wanted to take one I would have broken by now and taken one, they're tucked away. But if this is what it takes then ill get rid of them. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a quitter because I'm NOT.

I KNOW your committed Gal! Your one tough lil Cookie for SURE!
    Now you run along and go on and flush those nasty critters now ya hear? (in my very best Jethro Bodine voice....are you old enough to know who Jethro Bodine is? LOL) Those things aint gonna do NUTHIN but call to you as long as your have them Honey!!!! Go on now....Do it! KER-FLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Go on now!.......Do it!!!!

lol Harry! I wish I could say I know who Jethro Bodine is but I'm lost here...lol Born in '89! Before my time!? lol Either way Im going to do it. I have a paper due by 5 that I'm rushing to finish but can't help but jump on here and talk to you amazing folks
    Thank you for thinking I'm so strong Harry

Oh my GAWD!!! LMAO you have GOT to watch the "Beverly Hillbillies" on a Retro TV network! You will CRACK up on Jethro!!!!!
    lol Harry! I wish I could say I know who Jethro Bodine is but I'm lost here...lol Born in '89! Before my time!? lol Either way Im going to do it. I have a paper due by 5 that I'm rushing to finish but can't help but jump on here and talk to you amazing folks

And by the way....I dont thnk NUTHIN! I KNOW your Strong!!!!! and your the same age as my Son!!!! "Will", he is a Rescue Swimmer in the Coast Guard....and ya know what???? He is one TOUGH son of a gun too!!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

Kikker ouch...I really am fully committed.

If i wanted to take one I would have broken by now and taken one, they're tucked away. But if this is what it takes then ill get rid of them. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a quitter because I'm NOT.
    woops...i wasn't knocking ur confidence amber. i was just lettting u know from EXPERIENCE what is most likely to happen if u keep them around. pls don't be upset with me. i tell it like it is and that is what u needed to hear right now.

those drugs will NEVER give up trying to get u to take just 1 pill. they will tempt u over and over again. if u have pills laying around it becomes too much of a temptation to say to urself 'why not...just 1 can't possibly hurt anything' so i'll give it a go and no one will ever know.

after i had gotten clean a time or 2 i searched my entire house and tore dresser drawers open and had clothes scattered everywhere looking for that 1 little pill that just had to be there hiding. i searched my car, my garage, my cubboards....everywhere i hid pills. if i had a stash laying around like u do now i would have been right back at it taking as many as possible again. and that is EXACTLY what i did...relapse after relapse. it's just wayyyy too easy to do amber. i don't want that to happen to u.....ever again!

pls don't be too mad at me....but i have just been there..... and those pills are sitting and waiting for u to make 1 little mistake.....understand?
    HarrySmooth likes this.

I understand, you mean well. I will get rid of them. I will not give in to temptation.
    Thanks for the support. Its what I needed to hear

Harry- aw thats so awesome about your son! I hope Im as tough as him!! ANd ill have to watch the beverly hillbillies soon! Ive heard of them, just never watched them, but for you.. I will! lol
    HarrySmooth likes this.

BTW, to everyone, especially Rose,
    I caved and took some imodium. I read it can REALLY help with the withdrawals. I just don't want to get so backed up, but whatever helps with these withdrawals I'm willing to do! I read people take like 10 of these lil 2 mg pills of imodium, but that seems outrageous to me! I only took the suggested dose, 4 mg.

THATS my Girl!!! If nothing else the Beverly Hillbillies will Keep you in STITCHS!!!! Really Good Time Clean Humor! and thats what ya need right now! And after ya watch it, guess what little thought will pop into your head EVERYTIME you see or hear Jethro??? LMAO!
    I understand, you mean well. I will get rid of them. I will not give in to temptation.

Harry- aw thats so awesome about your son! I hope Im as tough as him!! ANd ill have to watch the beverly hillbillies soon! Ive heard of them, just never watched them, but for you.. I will! lol

And Yes, he really is an AWESOME Son! When he is in port he calls me 2 or 3 times every day!and we talk for hours! We hunt & fish together....go camping for weeks at a time, just go out a live off the land...take very little with us....thats how I raised him...His mom figured out when he was only 3 that she didnt want to be a Mother and a Wife and left us....I raised him ever since, never dated, never went out partying...just raised my boy...and thru out all of this mess I have gotten myself into he has stood right next to me the whole way....Supported me, and comforted me from afar...thats why I was so happy that your BF and Dad were with you!!! That is SOOO important!!!

Wow Harry you remind me so much of my dad! My dad has raised me since my mom left when I was 8, ever since then its been just him and me. He taught me how to fish, fix cars, play baseball, all that fun stuff. And he did the same things you did, he luckily was able to retire, and just raise me since day one. No girlfriends or anything, just him and I. He really is my best friend. Thats why I still live at home, I know i sound like a little kid, but Im not ready to leave him yet. He's been there for me through EVERYTHING and I wanna do the same for him.
    Im so happy your son was there for you and so supportive. Its times like this when we really need each other.

Off the subject now before I start crying again, lol...Did you ever take Imodium when you were w/d? I don't know if you saw my post above, but i was reading that it is an opiate the doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, so it helps a lot with the withdrawals. But these people were taking like 5 times the dose! I only took 2, it seems to have helped a tiny bit..
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast